Mr iForce Dusty Hanshaw...journal to the USA's

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Are these workouts being taped by any chance?
    We did not tape any this weekend but we are filming when I am back in Venice the first weekend in May and you will be able to see those videos on iForce Nutrition's YouTube page.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Today is a MUCH NEEDED day off from training. Currently I am not on a set split as far as how many days I train before taking a day off but I never train more than three days straight because to me that tends to hinder workouts if you are training at your highest intensity. My back is beyond smoked from Tuesday's workout with Chris which is great but more importantly it is sore in places it typically is not which I love. My back is no doubt a strength of mine on stage but that does not mean that it has no room for improvement, in fact I think it is one of the most important areas for me because between it, my delts, and my quad sweep I can try and take away the negative attention my waist gets in the front poses.

FF (fun fact)- I love when internet experts comment on a weakness in an athletes physique as if the athlete and their team are not painfully aware of all weaknesses and strengths. In my camp we spend almost zero time discussing what is good with my physique and as much time as possible focused on the areas which are lacking because we know that if we can get the weaknesses better that will impact my overall package in a more positive way than causing further imbalance by putting to much effort into areas that are already strong. That may sound backwards after just having said my back is a strength and we are focused on it but the reason for that is there is only so much I can do to bring my waist down so improving my back in the front shots is something more easily controlled.

DH~8
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Absolutely...widen the top and bottom of the X and the middle gets less notice.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

So far Easter has been amazing because all I have done is eat and nap since waking up this morning. I'll be getting in three more meals before training as well as finally having the chance to try my new and improved flavoring system iForce Nutrition Maximize Intense. I would have had it yesterday but after a really late training night Friday I did not have the opportunity to get back to the gym Saturday before heading to my training partners wedding where I was his best man. The wedding was awesome and I really enjoyed spending some time with our friends from the gym in a different environment but tonight it is back to work blasting away at my quads trying to get as much new growth as possible before stepping on stage at the 2013 NPC USA's.

DH~8
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

Did the dog get to hunt Easter eggs?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Did the dog get to hunt Easter eggs?
    Lol, sounds like something i would do. Damn dog has a better life than most humans.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Dusty, are you rice/oats amounts pre-cooked or cooked measurements?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Dusty, are you rice/oats amounts pre-cooked or cooked measurements?
    oats are dry measurements and rice is cooked measurements...all meat is cooked measurements as well
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  143 lbs.

Hey Dusty!I'm new to the iForce rep team and just wanted to pop in and say "hi." I'll be following along
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Epolis13 View Post
    Hey Dusty!I'm new to the iForce rep team and just wanted to pop in and say "hi." I'll be following along
    Nice to "internet meet you"...lol. Just getting this rolling but with prep officially beginning next week prior to me heading to Germany for FIBO this will get interesting fast. Welcome to the team.

DH
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Just finished blasting quads and damn was it a good workout. I had my first experience with the newly reflavored iForce Nutrition Maximize Intense and it was delish. As always I mixed it with my Hemavol preworkout and then sipped on the Compete while training. As always the volume on the training was very low but the intensity was very high. We started out with five sets of extensions with a two count pause at the contraction of each rep. The sets were all to 20 reps but only the final two were working sets done to complete failure and even with some forced reps. From there it was five sets of leg press and once again only the final two sets were all out intensity that also included some forced reps. Next up was hack squats and for these the reps were dropped down to 12-15 reps. Did four sets here and by the time these were done I was feeling pretty well smoked so we opted to finish with two additional sets of extensions to failure before crawling out of the gym.

Now I am slamming down my strawberry soda and my Vanilla Cupcake Batter Protean. In about and hour I will eat my final meal of the day and then take my ZMA, Intimidate, and Lights Out before crashing for the night.

DH~8
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Is the foot placement on the narrow side for the press and hack?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Is the foot placement on the narrow side for the press and hack?
    Yes, we are doing a more narrow stance at the moment to keep as much focus as possible only on the quads. We are also trying to keep my feet a bit lower on the platform to keep from bringing the hams and glutes into the movements to much.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dustyhanshaw View Post
    Yes, we are doing a more narrow stance at the moment to keep as much focus as possible only on the quads. We are also trying to keep my feet a bit lower on the platform to keep from bringing the hams and glutes into the movements to much.
    Narrow stances have been what I've been doing this past offseason to bring up the sweep also.. love it.

Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

...I was going to post an image but apparently I need to post 150 times first...ughhhhh

16 weeks out now and excited to finally be starting my dieting down. Thankfully I stayed very lean with such a short off season so at this point the only thing that has changed is that I have started some light cardio and have pulled any extra meals out of my diet. Typically when I diet what I do is diet down by decreasing calories more and more but eventually once my metabolism is really going I end up doing extremely high carb days to keep from losing fullness or size. Some guys have a structured plan for that but in my case we just watch my pics and make these decisions based on how I look. I may be having a high day 0nce a week, twice a week, or possibly only once a month or less. At the end of the day the idea is that we never tell the body what to do but instead we ask it.

Today was quads and I am beyond happy with how much size I am starting to see adding to my quads under the guidance of Chris Cormier. As my most recent quad training video showed I am really focused on controlling the negative portion of my reps, squeezing hard on the contraction of each rep, and exploding through the positive portion of the movement.

DH~8
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

...I was going to post an image but apparently I need to post 150 times first...ughhhhh

16 weeks out now and excited to finally be starting my dieting down. Thankfully I stayed very lean with such a short off season so at this point the only thing that has changed is that I have started some light cardio and have pulled any extra meals out of my diet. Typically when I diet what I do is diet down by decreasing calories more and more but eventually once my metabolism is really going I end up doing extremely high carb days to keep from losing fullness or size. Some guys have a structured plan for that but in my case we just watch my pics and make these decisions based on how I look. I may be having a high day 0nce a week, twice a week, or possibly only once a month or less. At the end of the day the idea is that we never tell the body what to do but instead we ask it.

Today was quads and I am beyond happy with how much size I am starting to see adding to my quads under the guidance of Chris Cormier. As my most recent quad training video showed I am really focused on controlling the negative portion of my reps, squeezing hard on the contraction of each rep, and exploding through the positive portion of the movement.

DH~8
    DH, are these on the IForce website?^^^
    Also, are your rep ranges higher now with Chris training you?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

DH, are these on the IForce website?^^^
    Also, are your rep ranges higher now with Chris training you?
    I cannot post links yet but the videos are all on the iForce Nutrition video page. If you post on my FB fan page wall and ask for the link I can give it to you there.

Yes, rep ranges for quads and hams are higher now
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Thx big man. I will look on the IForce page. I don't FB so no help there...generational thing I guess. Lol
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Thx big man. I will look on the IForce page. I don't FB so no help there...generational thing I guess. Lol
    Meh, I don't have Facebook either AZ
  20. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

I cannot post links yet but the videos are all on the iForce Nutrition video page. If you post on my FB fan page wall and ask for the link I can give it to you there.

Yes, rep ranges for quads and hams are higher now
    Love following your journey/FB page dusty, you always have great stuff.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

You have a long way to go
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Okay, I am officially six days into prep and here is the starting point on the diet and supplements.

Wake-
    1 iForce Dexaprine
    2- TT33
    1 scoop iForce Compete

Cardio- 45 minutes walking at 3.6mph on a 7% incline

M1-
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    2 cups oats (I use coaches oats so it is actually 1.5 cups but still equals over 100g carbs)
    1- multi vitamin
    1 multi mineral

M2-
    10oz extra lean ground turkey
    2 cups rice
    8oz greens
    1 platinum enzyme

M3-
    10oz chicken (I do this for variety...same as turkey more or less)
    2 cups rice
    1 platinum enzyme
    1 multi vitamin

M4-
    1 cup rice
    8oz greens
    1 platinum enzyme

M5-
    1 cup rice

pre workout-
    1 scoop iForce Compete
    1 scoop iForce Conquer

Intra workout-
    1 scoop iForce Compete

Post workout-
    12oz greens

M7-
    10oz flank steak
    12oz greens
    1 digest platinum
    1 multi mineral

Before bed I take:
    2 iForce Lights Out
    1 tsp Liquid Chlorophyll

You will notice that for the moment all of my calories and more specifically carbs are "clean" foods. The reason for this is because my metabolism will shoot up soon and I like to have as much volume as possible when getting my calories in. I find that although delish when i eat more breads, and pop tarts I am starving almost immediately following a meal. By using rice the volume is pretty high and for the moment it keeps my stomach satisfied.

As a lot of people who follow me know I stay a lot smaller in the offseason and use my food and supplements to grow into the shows. Doing this not only gives my body a break and makes my everyday life more comfortable but it also keeps me looking better when I am at appearances for iForce Nutrition. Honestly I am the same as any meat head and get a bit self conscious when I am smaller at the big events but in all honesty I know it does not matter how big I look at an event unless it makes me better at my next show. At the end of the day I just feel i will see better results this route than if I had tried to push for a lot more size between Nationals in November and USA's in July...I guess time will tell.

DH~8
  23. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Lookin good thus far Dusty, i hope you continue to update this as i enjoy following along.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

Subbed
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Lookin good thus far Dusty, i hope you continue to update this as i enjoy following along.
    I will continue and I will update a lot more often as I get closer and the changes start coming.

Also be sure that you ask any and all questions you have as to why i do things the way I do. The idea here is to not only share what i do but also inspire some conversation and even debate.
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I will continue and I will update a lot more often as I get closer and the changes start coming.

Also be sure that you ask any and all questions you have as to why i do things the way I do. The idea here is to not only share what i do but also inspire some conversation and even debate.
    Awesome to learn from someone like yourself!

Is their a reason you cut carbs after your pre-workou meal?

I understand the carb/insulin/lypolosis (sp?) and not having carbs post workout can really prolong fat burning. I assume that's what you're going for and to set up depleted glycogen stores for am cardio.
  27. Registered User

I understand the carb/insulin/lypolosis (sp?) and not having carbs post workout can really prolong fat burning. I assume that's what you're going for and to set up depleted glycogen stores for am cardio.
    Interested in this answer also.

DH, what is your favorite Protean flavor?
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Very good questions here!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

So what does your daily fat macro total look like right now?
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  295 lbs.

All good points but honestly I feel people put WAY to much thought into all of that. I just like to get my carbs in earlier in the day when I am running around and hungry because they allow me more substance with my meals and I like the fatty meals at night because they tend to keep me more full so i do not wake up before it is time due to hunger pangs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Interested in this answer also.

DH, what is your favorite Protean flavor?
    I am all about the cupcake batter with vanilla mint swirl a close second.

So what does your daily fat macro total look like right now?
    I don't actually keep track of macros...never have. I just know what i am eating everyday and I know how to add to that or take away from that as far as calories and of course individual macros if needed. I am all about the K.I.S.S approach to bodybuilding...keep it simple stupid
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Dusty Hanshaw Super Stack!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 09:27 AM
  2. The Dusty Hanshaw Super Stack!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM
  3. 6 weeks out pics to the USA!!
    By saxon299 in forum Pics