Is there a better way to announce our return to AM?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We wouldn't be walking the walk if we didn't innovate in this industry... and if we weren't innovators, then evolution doesn't begin with us...

But we are... and it does.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
looks solid!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for more info.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's stripped of all fats and oils, so it's tasteless/odorless until we add the flavoring. Couple of flavors being considered, caramel apple and Nutella are just two of the ones that keep popping up.

And, I mention this a lot, but what's most important to us is our ability to track this from ocean to shelf. We work very closely with the developer and can document every stage of the process.

The first question we had was answered to our satisfaction as well... the sardines used are from a sustainable ecosystem, so there's no disruption.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's stripped of all fats and oils, so it's tasteless/odorless until we add the flavoring. Couple of flavors being considered, caramel apple and Nutella are just two of the ones that keep popping up.

And, I mention this a lot, but what's most important to us is our ability to track this from ocean to shelf. We work very closely with the developer and can document every stage of the process.

The first question we had was answered to our satisfaction as well... the sardines used are from a sustainable ecosystem, so there's no disruption.
Nice

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very unusual product...

What on earth is the texture of Fish protein? Is this a powder? Price point?

This may be the first innovation in the protein market that I've seen in a while...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for info.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very unusual product...

What on earth is the texture of Fish protein? Is this a powder? Price point?

This may be the first innovation in the protein market that I've seen in a while...
It is a powder and it will be priced competitively with the current whey isolate market; 4-5lb. tubs in a beta batch of a few hundred units to start... if the feedback is as stellar as we expect/hope, we'll move to an official launch.

We've been working to bring this out for nearly a year now, and the process to ensure it's of the highest and cleanest quality has been rigorous, to say the least. :D

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saw it the other day on facebook. Looks good!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, duh...I'm pretty slow!. How would it beneficial without the EFA's?. Maybe I'm confused about what this product actually does/is.
Few reasons... We track the process from start to finish, so it's a cleaner option (points if you can tell me where your whey originates from). We work closely with the only developer to have the capability to process this. The amino profile is a little different, too. It's naturally probiotic and easier on the digestive system (it's hypo-allergenic); no hormones, genetic modifications, antibiotics, etc.

It's from a single source (sardines) from sustainable waters, so we won't see the obnoxious price fluctuations.

It will also mix better due to the low molecular weight.

To really drive this home, we're working to release some novel flavors, too. :D

Protein oxidizes too.

FishPro is a really cool idea, though. I'll definitely be following along as this develops.
Yup, just not as quickly as most would expect with a fish-based powder, I guess would be an easier way to put it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Few reasons... We track the process from start to finish, so it's a cleaner option (points if you can tell me where your whey originates from). We work closely with the only developer to have the capability to process this. The amino profile is a little different, too. It's naturally probiotic and easier on the digestive system (it's hypo-allergenic); no hormones, genetic modifications, antibiotics, etc.

It's from a single source (sardines) from sustainable waters, so we won't see the obnoxious price fluctuations.

It will also mix better due to the low molecular weight.

To really drive this home, we're working to release some novel flavors, too. :D

Yup, just not as quickly as most would expect with a fish-based powder, I guess would be an easier way to put it.
My whey originates from a cow...

Where are my points?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't happen to use cod in there would ya

Beneficial effects of cod protein on skeletal muscle repair following injury.

Abstract

This study examined the effect of peanut and cod proteins on post-damage skeletal muscle repair, compared with casein. We hypothesized that because of their high arginine content, these proteins would improve the resolution of inflammation and muscle mass recovery following injury. One hundred and twenty-eight male Wistar rats were assigned to isoenergetic diets composed of casein and peanut (experiment 1) or cod protein (experiment 2). After 21 days of feeding, one tibialis anterior muscle (TA) was injured with bupivacaine, while the contralateral TA was injected with saline (sham muscle). Measurements were taken at days 0, 3, 14, and 24 post-injury. Compared with casein, peanut protein reduced muscle mass at days 0 (-12%, p = 0.005) and 14 post-injury in the injured muscle (-13%, p = 0.04), and lowered myofiber cross-sectional area in both the sham (-21%, p = 0.008) and injured muscles (-26%, p = 0.05) at day 24 post-injury, showing that peanut protein has a weak potential to support muscle growth. At day 14 post-injury, muscle mass in the sham (13%, p = 0.02) and injured muscles (12%, p = 0.01) was higher in cod-protein-fed rats, indicating better muscle mass recovery, than in casein-fed rats. Cod protein tended (p = 0.06) to decrease the density of neutrophils (-24%) at day 14 post-injury in the injured muscle, and to decrease the density of ED1(+) macrophages at day 24 post-injury in both sham (-29%, p = 0.03) and injured (-40%, p = 0.01) muscles. No effects were observed for peanut protein. These data indicate that cod protein is better for promoting growth and regeneration of skeletal muscle after trauma, partly because of the improved resolution of inflammation.

PMID: 22509810
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never mind I just saw its sardines. Still an interesting concept for a protein powder

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
lol. i was thinkin it was fish oil, dang mobile app

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Genomyx is always going above and beyond and thinking outside the box. Look forward to meeting some of you guys @ The Arnold.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I can just see the flavors now:

Cod
Tuna
Salmon
Tilapia
Sardine
Shark
Halibut
etc...

:D
...That sounds fishy almost as though someone is sending you the first beta test already...

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
like young jedi you are, strong in the darks side you will become........

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
My interest is piqued..

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how many daltons is the molecular weight?
I'll be honest... we don't have that information handy yet. The developer is compiling a detailed spec sheet to help us answer these types of questions, and we won't have that until we're ready to release the beta batch.

If it's important to know this now, I can contact the developer and get an answer for you.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is, because I'm going to be using the info to compare it with bulk hydrolyzed whey of 520 daltons that is out there.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Can you mix soy sauce with it to intensify the flavor? Also can you mix this with chopsticks?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Can you mix soy sauce with it to intensify the flavor? Also can you mix this with chopsticks?
Everyone does Protein Brownies and pastries...we are going to do "Breading Batter" with this one, and make our own "Fish Protein Batter Covered Fish Sticks"...you'll see, the Recipe section will go berserk with these...and if it isn't enough:

"Fish Protein Covered Bacon" , what's better than deep friend protein bacon, with FISH!?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it is, because I'm going to be using the info to compare it with bulk hydrolyzed whey of 520 daltons that is out there.
All righty, then... I'll send an email out and hope to have an answer for you tomorrow.

Personally working on a FishPRO dry rub for fish.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
I'm such a sushi connoisseur I'm sold on this. My favorite Japanese sushi house will be very disappointed!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm such a sushi connoisseur I'm sold on this. My favorite Japanese sushi house will be very disappointed!
I can't stop hearing "Fishie, Fishie!" in my head...from the new McDonalds TV spot about their Fish McBites lol...

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For those interested, here's a video of the initial point of the whole development process...

[video=youtube;cUusX1Js6R0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUusX1Js6R0[/video]