\\How do YOU stack up? TELL us to WIN USPlabs VERSA-1 & MORE! // - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

\\How do YOU stack up? TELL us to WIN USPlabs VERSA-1 & MORE! //

Page 7 of 11 First ... 256789 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Question for some of you that have won USPlabs promos AND received the goods.
    How long do they typically take to get to you?
    Thanks for the input.
    Depends on the size of the box... The smaller boxes like Versa-1 shipment come in is USPS and that takes about 3-5 days. The larger packages from promos I've won came ups and those were delivered in about 3 days. So it really depends how they chose to ship it.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks gents.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Depends on when the request processes. Transit time is usually 2-4 days in continental US. I consider it a treat when it arrives. When the package arrives, it is a happy surprise. Afterall, they are free !!!
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't trust them for low carb though. I'm gonna go another 18 days before a carb up. Seriously I felt a sugar rush after eating it. Gonna save the rest of my bars for carb up days.
    Also you do realize with 1g of sugar, and their profile of:
    read the ingredients: nuts, ONE GRAM of erithritol, fiber, protein, natural flavors, and some cocoa
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't trust them for low carb though. I'm gonna go another 18 days before a carb up. Seriously I felt a sugar rush after eating it. Gonna save the rest of my bars for carb up days.
    The sugar rush is actually a misnomer created over the years by caffeinated sodas high in sugar. Sugar actually causes a spike in insulinogenesis and inhibition of counter-regulatory hormones, which physiologically causes the exact opposite of a rush.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Also you do realize with 1g of sugar, and their profile of:
    read the ingredients: nuts, ONE GRAM of erithritol, fiber, protein, natural flavors, and some cocoa

sugar rush is actually a misnomer created by caffeinated sodas. sugar promotes insulinogenesis and kills the sympathetic response (which should cause a rush)
    so sugar actually causes an anti-rush
    what. the. ****.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    what. the. ****.
    So confused right now.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

What ths f? is going on here. edit edit delete
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

What ths f? is going on here. edit edit delete
    What the F? is going on here. edit edit delete
  10. Diamond Member

My mind just exploded. Too much sugar
  11. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what. the. ****.
    He must have snookid that one out the vault
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

My mind just exploded. Too much sugar
    That 1g of sugar may cause DIABETES!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That 1g of sugar may cause DIABETES!
    Lol yep better watch out
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Alright then, I felt a dramatic rise in insulin, which lowered my blood sugar enough to cause me to feel dizzy. That is exactly the type of situation I'm trying to avoid on a very low carb diet. I was wrong to call it a "sugar rush", that is just a term perpetuated by the general population to describe this "feeling". I thought with the majority of the carbs coming from fiber and not sugar, that I would avoid the spike in insulin. I guess I was wrong. Oh well, live and learn right?. I don't want to be knocked out of ketosis and not sure if eating that one chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar did that or not. To be safe, or maybe because I'm a bit anal when it comes to low carb I will be extending my time by 18 days on low carb before I have my first carb up. I still love quest bars. Just don't trust eating them when I'm trying to stay in ketosis.
    Knocked out of ketosis. Man, I need to do more research. So, it is built up over a certain period? How often are your carb refeeds?
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I said I don't know if I was knocked out of ketosis or not. I'm just not sure. Maybe mr.cooper69 can shed some light on this.
    Ever read Lyle McDonalds "The Ketogenetic Diet" Book? Worthy investment loaded with information.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Ever read Lyle McDonalds "The Ketogenetic Diet" Book? Worthy investment loaded with information.
    I've been through his body recomp website and reaped the freebies. I have yet to buy a book of his. You say it's a worthwhile read?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

I've been through his body recomp website and reaped the freebies. I have yet to buy a book of his. You say it's a worthwhile read?
    If you're interested in keto diets and want a good all-in-one book, yes. It covers all of the basic info and does a good job putting things into an easily understandable format. I have a pdf of it if you want to have a look. Just send me a PM.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I said I don't know if I was knocked out of ketosis or not. I'm just not sure. Maybe mr.cooper69 can shed some light on this.
    From what I understand and from when I did a keto diet last summer, it usually takes a solid 3-4 days to reach ketosis if you are also doing some cardio along w your weights and really going keto- as in ZERO CARBS- no veggies, lettuce, artificial sweeteners, trace carbs in protein powders, etc...
    When I did keto, all I ate was eggs and meats and the occasional shot of heavy cream... I didn't have any salad or fibrous veggies like some keto diets say to. Then once every 5th or 6th day I would have a carb MEAL not day, meal. With no more than 50 grams... I dropped significant bf in 3 weeks time, after Which my stomach was just torn apart by the acidity and I started looking and feeling like crap, so I slowly added in fruits n veggies

Point being- took me ~72 hours to reach ketosis and I was using my gda for meals as well
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    If you're interested in keto diets and want a good all-in-one book, yes. It covers all of the basic info and does a good job putting things into an easily understandable format. I have a pdf of it if you want to have a look. Just send me a PM.
    Thanks! PM sent.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just realized I won, can't wait for the products.

Wish I would've got my phone in time to take a picture of my stack for the contest but oh well.

Thanks USPLabs!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

I'm not planning on a strict keto diet. I'm just doing an extended "Adaption Phase/Stage" of the Metabolic Diet, a diet, or way of eating that I have followed since 2003. Mauro DiPasquale introduced this diet back in the early 1990's when it was called "The Anabolic Diet". Since then it's been refined into the Metabolic Diet. Supposedly there is a second edition coming out soon but I haven't seen anything new or any updates on any of his sites. The diet itself is variable in the amount of carbohydrates you can eat, so it's ok for people who can't handle strictly low carb diets. It can help teach you how to find your "Carbohydrate Set point". Guidelines for the phase that I'm in now are Fat-50-60% of caloric intake, Protein- 30-40% of caloric intake and Carbohydrate 30 grams or less(4-10%). The assessment adaption phase can be anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks long. I've decided to go 5 weeks this time around. I've only been off the diet maybe 3 times since 2003. Every-time I do go off for whatever reason I feel like crap. Eating this way is more of a lifestyle for me and not just a temporary thing. I wouldn't follow any other plan because this is what has worked for me for the past 10 years. If I ever have any questions, I just look them up in the book/books that I have from Mauro or I have emailed him before. When I first started I was able to call him up by phone and he actually called me back personally with straight answers to my questions about the diet. I don't like getting information from 3rd party sources, I like going straight to the horses mouth so to speak.
    Very cool.. I used to have great results recomping on 30-50g carbs, moderate fat and high protein. I have been experimenting w much higher than average carb amounts since October.. Gained ~12 to 15 quality pounds while maintaining or losing bf during the entire process. I can't wait to start cutting (with versa1!) in April and reduce my carbs then carb cycle then go keto for the finishing touches for summer!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Very cool.. I used to have great results recomping on 30-50g carbs, moderate fat and high protein. I have been experimenting w much higher than average carb amounts since October.. Gained ~12 to 15 quality pounds while maintaining or losing bf during the entire process. I can't wait to start cutting (with versa1!) in April and reduce my carbs then carb cycle then go keto for the finishing touches for summer!
    Versa is awesome for cutting. I didnt cut when I beta tested it but I notice a lot of appetite suppression. It was hard for me to get all my calories in without forcefully shoveling food into my system lol.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

Crush-IT Lifestyle errrrryday
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Lyle knows his information better than most out there. LOL to say "Not interested in his work" To each his own though, if you are going to negate a great resource that is full of information and pub med studies, then so be it.. to be ignorant to someone who studies this for their life thats great, but if you arent going to run keto by nature (As t-bone is not) and kind of modifying it by throwing in sources like quest bars, it will treally through off your perception of true keto and reaching ketosis by the limitations most follow on the diet, but then again its his diet and what he wants to do, if he gets results that is whta matters.
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Lyle knows his information better than most out there. LOL to say "Not interested in his work" To each his own though, if you are going to negate a great resource that is full of information and pub med studies, then so be it.. to be ignorant to someone who studies this for their life thats great, but if you arent going to run keto by nature (As t-bone is not) and kind of modifying it by throwing in sources like quest bars, it will treally through off your perception of true keto and reaching ketosis by the limitations most follow on the diet, but then again its his diet and what he wants to do, if he gets results that is whta matters.
    Well, T bone has a point. Lyle attributes the roots and the early research to Mauro Dipasquale, even says so in his book. They spout the same info, which is legit.

I am going to finish reading this book and hopefully have aome success with the method. I am just worried that it may mess with my energy when I go back to work this week. Wonder if the diet could be utilized during a leangains IF protocol?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Well, T bone has a point. Lyle attributes the roots and the early research to Mauro Dipasquale, even says so in his book. They spout the same info, which is legit.

I am going to finish reading this book and hopefully have aome success with the method. I am just worried that it may mess with my energy when I go back to work this week. Wonder if the diet could be utilized during a leangains IF protocol?
    I did keto IF style... Bcaas during fast .. Some days were tougher than others lol
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

I did keto IF style... Bcaas during fast .. Some days were tougher than others lol
    Yeah. I had a bit of an unplanned carb up Friday morning. I was so friggin hungry. I didn't make it to my feeding window that day, 30 or so minutes shy. But, I stayed within my cal's for the day.
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I bet it would work, any diet would work with IF, IF is just a lifestyle diet its used as a personal preference to adjust to your lifestyle to eating in a smaller window. You could do a bulk, cut on IF, just depends on your intake and how you handle larger meals.

" Lyle attributes the roots and the early research to Mauro Dipasquale, even says so in his book. They spout the same info, which is legit.

^^ Thats why i said the information is very well written because he added his research + those of others, The reason its 200 pages is because it has a ton of great information not only on Keto, but also what Keto can do to the body, and what its benefits/negatives can also supply as well.

I guess suggesting a book is "Ignorant" towards a keto diet. But like i said if you find an alternative and you prefer it by all means rock it out, Keto is going to vary depending on a TKD/CKD etc, so you could put a twist on it but in the end if you get results. Rock it out. Research which has been done is a learning tool to why people study it and what the benefits can offer with their time in the lab/research on given diets and how they can vary from individual to individual given their goal and how they respond to different macronutrients

You dont need BCAA's during your fast, even martin says to keep them just for pre-workout if you use it for fasted training (10g BCAA prior) other than that during the fast just water, diet soda, coffee etc...

"Training is initiated on an empty stomach and after ingestion of 10 g BCAA or similar amino acid mixture. This "pre-workout" meal is not counted towards the feeding phase. Technically, training is not completely fasted - that would be detrimental. The pre-workout protein intake, with its stimulatory effect on protein synthesis and metabolism, is a crucial compromise to optimize results. The 8-hour feeding phase starts with the post-workout meal."

****** No calories are to be ingested during the fasted phase, though coffee, calorie free sweeteners, diet soda and sugar free gum are ok (even though they might contain trace amount of calories). A tiny splash of milk in your coffee won’t affect anything either (-1 teaspoon of milk per cup at the most - use sparingly and sensibly if you drink a lot of coffee). Neither will sugar free gum in moderation (~20 g).***

People sometimes ask me which protocol is best. I tend to look at things from a behavioral perspective first and foremost, so my reply to that is to choose the protocol best suited to your daily routine and training preferences. When dealing with clients I make the choice for them. If you work a 9-5 job and your only option is to train after work, training fasted is generally a bad idea and I always choose the one or two meals pre-workout protocol.

^^ From Martin's site and the leangains guide, i think the BCAA during the fast would illicit a protein response of BCAA's instantly entering the system not really making it a fasting period, the reason for the BCAA prior to workout on a fasted state it because you have had no food for quite some time so training after 14-16 hours or so of fasting would not be "Optimal" to his standards, but that would have to be something addressed to him via an email for a further response IMO. Just a generic stab at what he may have to say.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

You dont need BCAA's during your fast, even martin says to keep them just for pre-workout if you use it for fasted training (10g BCAA prior) other than that during the fast just water, diet soda, coffee etc...
    Doesn't Martin also say 10g BCAA's every 2 hours until feed?
    Example: workout at 0600- 10g pre wo, then 10g at 0800, 10g at 1000, and 10g at 1200 for a feeding window that begins at 1400.
    Seems like a lot of BCAA's.

i have been debating on making my window like 9-1500 or something so I can eat sooner after my workout.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

I actually don't use bcaa during my fast

Or pre workout :/

I still make gains and increase my strength.. But I often wonder if not ingesting bcaa PRE is lessening my results and performance from maximal...
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

I actually don't use bcaa during my fast

Or pre workout :/

I still make gains and increase my strength.. But I often wonder if not ingesting bcaa PRE is lessening my results and performance from maximal...
    I would think that it might be. NP has a kilo of bulk modern bcaa's for cheap right now.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

I would think that it might be. NP has a kilo of bulk modern bcaa's for cheap right now.
    Yea I have them,I just use them post workout n during stretches I can't have access to food (during feed window)
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

Random question. So I am doing leangains protocol, with a feeding period 12-8 or 2-8. This is about the 4th week or so.
    I am freezing. I mean I am cold almost all of the time. I know my resting heart rate is low, but that shold not cause this.
    This is definitely something that has started in the last couple of weeks.
    I eat 2187 calories a day- 35/35/30- Pro/Carb/fat
    Workout 6 days a week. Lots of water intake.

Anybody with any backround or knowledge as to why I am cold?
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Random question. So I am doing leangains protocol, with a feeding period 12-8 or 2-8. This is about the 4th week or so.
    I am freezing. I mean I am cold almost all of the time. I know my resting heart rate is low, but that shold not cause this.

Happens to me always in fasting period.. Actually almost all the time lol. Just lower Bp and circulation isn't as fast bc youre in a fasted state, all your bodies processes are slowed down to an extent... Even on thermos, my fingers and toes are usually frigid.

You could also need slightly higher cals... But I'm pretty sure it's from the first thing I said

I'm on hour 32 of a 36 hour fast at the moment just felt like it was necessary, was having water retention issues and low energy... Nothing like a 36 hour fast to fix that up right quick! Going to shoot some hoops then it's chow time!
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

Doesn't Martin also say 10g BCAA's every 2 hours until feed?
    Example: workout at 0600- 10g pre wo, then 10g at 0800, 10g at 1000, and 10g at 1200 for a feeding window that begins at 1400.
    Seems like a lot of BCAA's.

i have been debating on making my window like 9-1500 or something so I can eat sooner after my workout.
    Here

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Fasted training

Training is initiated on an empty stomach and after ingestion of 10 g BCAA or similar amino acid mixture. This "pre-workout" meal is not counted towards the feeding phase. Technically, training is not completely fasted - that would be detrimental. The pre-workout protein intake, with its stimulatory effect on protein synthesis and metabolism, is a crucial compromise to optimize results. The 8-hour feeding phase starts with the post-workout meal.

Sample setup

11.30-12 AM or 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA
    12-1 PM: Training
    1 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal of the day).
    4 PM: Second meal.
    9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

Calories and carbs are tapered down throughout the day in the example above.

Early morning fasted training

Here's a sample setup for a client that trains early in the morning and prefers the feeding phase at noon or later. Read this for details regarding this protocol.

6 AM: 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA.
    6-7 AM: Training.
    8 AM: 10 g BCAA.
    10 AM: 10 g BCAA
    12-1 PM: The "real" post-workout meal (largest meal of the day). Start of the 8 hour feeding-window.
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

For the sake of conveniency, I recommend getting BCAA in the form of powder and not tabs. Simply mix 30 g of BCAA powder in a shake and drink one third of it every other hour starting 5-15 minutes pre-workout. Tabs are cheaper, but much more of a hassle (you're going to have to pop a lot of tabs). Check my supplements guide for specific brand recommendations.

I will stop commenting because i keep getting negged by users on this thread for my input regarding the subject...
  35. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I got this too towards the end of contest prep when calories dropped, it may have to do regarding drops in hormone , t3, leptin levels from dieting or lower caloric intake. No symptoms on refeeds or once kcals started to raise up. Even in the colder months of the year.

Try searching on Martin's website regarding it.. this is something i did notice as well.. but then again anyone who does diet or lowers calories will get colder from long term dieting. Think about individuals in contest prep or those dieting who get towards the lower ends of their cutting periods and will be cold. Could be a hormonal thing...

Check this one. or search for hormones on his leangains page.

Intermittent Fasting, Set-Point and Leptin | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

I got this too towards the end of contest prep when calories dropped, it may have to do regarding drops in hormone , t3, leptin levels from dieting or lower caloric intake. No symptoms on refeeds or once kcals started to raise up. Even in the colder months of the year.

Try searching on Martin's website regarding it.. this is something i did notice as well.. but then again anyone who does diet or lowers calories will get colder from long term dieting. Think about individuals in contest prep or those dieting who get towards the lower ends of their cutting periods and will be cold. Could be a hormonal thing...

Check this one. or search for hormones on his leangains page.

Intermittent Fasting, Set-Point and Leptin | Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
    ok. I have dropped a great deal of weight in the last 4 months, about 35 pounds.
    i should probably bump my calories up a notch. Thanks for the links.
  37. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

I would also make sure you are doing refeeds or cheat meals.. these will help a ton with hormones, leptin, t3 levels and help with continual fatloss as well

Lyle mcDonald has great articles on his website bodyrecomposition. and some good information can be found off layne norton articles on refeeding and its importance.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

I would also make sure you are doing refeeds or cheat meals.. these will help a ton with hormones, leptin, t3 levels and help with continual fatloss as well

Lyle mcDonald has great articles on his website bodyrecomposition. and some good information can be found off layne norton articles on refeeding and its importance.
    How do u know when to refeed? What if u don't ever feel deprived ? Should u still force a refeed ? Mainly obviously once fat loss plateaus..
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.

I've been on that site, and just received a copy of his "The Ketogenic Diet" yesterday. I am plowing through it as much as I can. The wife is almost ready to give birth, so I have a chore list a mile long. I told her I have to read this for my training and conditioning class that I am taking at AMU.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  262 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've been on that site, and just received a copy of his "The Ketogenic Diet" yesterday. I am plowing through it as much as I can. The wife is almost ready to give birth, so I have a chore list a mile long. I told her I have to read this for my training and conditioning class that I am taking at AMU.
    Awesome

Similar Forum Threads

1. Do you wake up in the middle of the night to drink a shake?
    By rake922 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
  2. How do you want to die?
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
  3. How do you tell if Jintropin is real or not?
    By bigdiddy in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 04:22 PM
  4. how do you flatten out and not bulk up?
    By evol in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:53 PM
  5. How do you add oats to your diet?
    By Moyer in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 02:52 PM