\\How do YOU stack up? TELL us to WIN USPlabs VERSA-1 & MORE! //
- 02-17-2013, 02:26 PM
- 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM
I would also make sure you are doing refeeds or cheat meals.. these will help a ton with hormones, leptin, t3 levels and help with continual fatloss as well
Lyle mcDonald has great articles on his website bodyrecomposition. and some good information can be found off layne norton articles on refeeding and its importance.
02-17-2013, 02:33 PM
02-17-2013, 02:40 PM
I've been on that site, and just received a copy of his "The Ketogenic Diet" yesterday. I am plowing through it as much as I can. The wife is almost ready to give birth, so I have a chore list a mile long. I told her I have to read this for my training and conditioning class that I am taking at AMU.
02-17-2013, 05:30 PM
02-18-2013, 07:23 AM
these will help a ton with hormones, leptin, t3 levels and help with continual fatloss as well
When you diet these all drop and to keep them from dropping too low can have a bigger negative than positive. When metabolism slows this is when stalls happen, same with when your hormones, t3, and leptin levels drop it can cause stalling to happen in your weightloss.
02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
I do every week, maybe every 10days.
Try and keep liquids low on your carb up days to help with bloat. Sometimes, mentally, after carb ups the bloat can de discouraging but don't let it be.
I look like compete sh!t before & right after carb ups. I don't control liquids very well as I am sometimes a complete savage :-D
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
02-18-2013, 10:56 AM
02-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Well can u refeed on a bulk? Lol I've really actually plateaued in my bulk.. I was recoumping quite nicely then started seeing some fat gain n stopped increasing lbm. Now I am maintaining.. Not sure what the next dietary move should be
02-18-2013, 03:58 PM
- Change in routine
- Change in Cardio
- Change in diet my guess is because you saw the scale rise you dropped kcals and that is going to harm progress with adding/size strength.
Can you refeed on a bulk? Sure.. you could do higher carbs on a leg day or a lagging bodypart day or implement a cheat meal as a form of a refeed, both would work and be a way. But once you are already hitting pretty consistent kcals and in a surplus the benefits of a refeed while bulking would not be anywhere near what they would illict on a deficit due to the swings in hormones, t3, leptin, to aid in your fatloss when in a caloric deficit over a time to help keep the metabolism churning.
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
02-18-2013, 08:31 PM
if you did stall and the only thing you did do was increase cardio a touch, what does the mirror show? The scale is your worst tool to use during a prep or a cut, the mirror is always your best indication. Some weeks you may never lose a pound or an oz, but look leaner/tighter showing you something is going on, then all of a sudden a week later you may see a 1-2 pound drop aka a WOOSH which lyle talks about on his website (bodyrecompostion) in his fatloss articles.
02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
02-18-2013, 08:58 PM
The only time I do liss is when I'm warming up for lifts on non HIIT days... And no more than 5-10 mins
02-19-2013, 01:56 AM
Aloha, I've been on versa-1 about a week notice a little more energy in the gym, but no real streath gains.
this week on versa-1, Agmatine, & oxy elite.
went from 30.2% BF to 29.8%. thats prety good for 7 days.
this week will start Versa-1, OxyElite, Test powder Preworkout, BCAA during, & Agmatine, oxyElite later in the day.
Tomarrow will be a lite day, TRX class with a little xtra cardio.
I will be posting & look'n help to reach my goals.
02-19-2013, 02:23 AM
02-19-2013, 05:17 AM
02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Refeed on anything low carb brother! I did/do carb ups on off days actually bc I found if I carb up hard on a lifting day I'm a little groogy
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
02-19-2013, 11:50 AM
02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
02-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Coveted 8:1:1 BCAA Ratio PLUS the addition of these key aminos:
We are VERY proud to announce these exciting updates to our massively popular Modern BCAA product line!
USPlabs Modern BCAA+™
8:1:1 BCAA with Key Exercise Amino Acids
50% MORE Aminos PER Serving!*
15 grams of BCAA's & other key exercise amino's per serving!
- Glycene: Supplementing with this amino around exercise is very important because muscles release more glycine during fasted exercise than any other amino, which creates a catabolic state.
- Alanine: Also released at very high rates during fasted exercise, making supplementation important to preventing a catabolic state.†
- Taurine: The most abundant amino acid in skeletal muscle. A recent animal study demonstrated that when muscles are low in taurine, muscle function and performance were significantly reduced.†
- Lysine: This essential amino acid has been shown to preserve leucine in a protein starved state.†
NEW: Upgraded Flavor Profile! Available in Fruit Punch, Watermelon & Blue Raspberry Flavors!
ARE YOU TAKING CARBS AROUND YOUR WORKOUT?IF SO, HERE’S WHY YOU NEED MODERN BCAA+:
A couple of key amino acids in Modern BCAA+ when ingested with a carb source have some rather amazing effects.
- The first has shown that when it is ingested with carbs, it allows you to take advantage of the anabolic potential of the hormone insulin, while minimizing the potential lipogenic effects. This is important because insulin is a highly anabolic hormone with respect to skeletal muscle, yet, insulin can cause fat gain. This particular amino, however, seems to allow the body to take advantage of the anabolic effects of insulin upon skeletal muscle, without the risk of gaining fat...†
- The second amino acid has been shown to have similarly beneficial effects. When this amino was ingested with a carb source, it was able to maximize the anabolic potential of insulin while minimizing the lipogenic effects of insulin. The key takeaway from both of these ingredients is that you want to maximize the levels of the highly anabolic hormone insulin, yet minimize its lipogenic potential since insulin doesn’t discriminate between being highly anabolic to muscle or fat. By utilizing these key amino acids, you can maintain or even improve the anabolic potential of insulin upon skeletal muscle, while reducing the lipogenic or fat gaining effects the hormone can have.†
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
\\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
dang! cant wait to get me some
Performax Labs Product Specialist
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm currently waiting for a tub of watermelon to arrive.
Similar Forum Threads
- By Moyer in forum Weight LossReplies: 47Last Post: 02-14-2016, 09:50 AM
- By rake922 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 39Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
- By Chad in forum General ChatReplies: 31Last Post: 04-05-2007, 02:09 PM
- By bigdiddy in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 7Last Post: 05-27-2005, 05:22 PM
- By evol in forum Training ForumReplies: 24Last Post: 03-15-2005, 03:53 PM