Ask A Mullet - Win a Prize! A Scientif-er-ific Promotion.

  1. Ask A Mullet - Win a Prize! A Scientif-er-ific Promotion.


    I have been active on bodybuilding and fitness forums in the capacity of a USPlabs employee for approximately six years. During that time, I have come to see forums as a particularly complicated and nuanced form of communication, though a form with one feature that seems to weave commonly through them: forums exhibit the virtues of their faults. Which is to say, those things which make forums generally 'good,' are exactly those things which make it generally 'bad.' In particular, I am thinking here of how the open and uncensored flow of information, the crux of the internet's benefit, leads also to the open propagation of misinformation and falsehoods.

    In this thread, I want to do a little - and by little, I mean exceedingly little given the scope of the internet - to combat this trend. In it, I am going to field questions by forum members on any topic related to the physical and health sciences. (Note: the question need not be specifically USPlabs related.)

    The format will be as follows: post your questions as replies to this thread, in one or two sentences, and each week I will select a question to respond to in a mini-essay format. Each week, the member who's question is selected will receive one (1) free USPlabs product of their choice, as a thank you for your contribution in making this forum a source of coherent information. While I field questions in both this thread, and the sister thread at USPlabs, I will be posting responses only at the USP forum.

    The link has been included below, and I look forward to your questions.

    (P.S., click the link to see the format of the questions and answers!)

    Thank you, and I hope to see a diverse set of entries every week!

    Ask A Mullet - Ask a Mullet - USPlabs Direct


  2. In....

    Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?



  3. Essay format huh?

    What are your thoughts on the differences between a nutrient partitioning agent and a glucose disposal agen?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    •   
       


  4. In. I second that^
    PES R&D
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    In its simplest form, calories in vs. calories out determines weight gain, loss, or homeostasis; however, there are obviously things that can override that science (e.g. disorders involving cortisol, insulin, intestinal permeability, etc.). What do you think some of the most overlooked causes are (for someone who already has his/her diet/training/rest/etc. locked in)?
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  6. Are all carbs equal?
    PES R&D

  7. How can one maintain safe and healthy and effective stimulant use year round? How can one truly BULK (quality muscle) while on stims? (equate to coffee junkies, but with supplements instead)
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  8. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza
    How can one maintain safe and healthy and effective stimulant use year round? How can one truly BULK (quality muscle) while on stims? (equate to coffee junkies, but with supplements instead)
    Drink coffee.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  9. First question:
    What's in the new USP "anabolic" and how does it signal muscle growth?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    First question:
    What's in the new USP "anabolic" and how does it signal muscle growth?
    They put love in it!. It signals muscle growth with a high five and thumbs up!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    In its simplest form, calories in vs. calories out determines weight gain, loss, or homeostasis; however, there are obviously things that can override that science (e.g. disorders involving cortisol, insulin, intestinal permeability, etc.). What do you think some of the most overlooked causes are (for someone who already has his/her diet/training/rest/etc. locked in)?
    I love this question.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    First question:
    What's in the new USP "anabolic" and how does it signal muscle growth?
    I concur.

  13. One more day for submissions. The winning submission will be chosen tomorrow, and post goes up on Thursday.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    One more day for submissions. The winning submission will be chosen tomorrow, and post goes up on Thursday.
    Is low carb dieting necessary for shedding bf?

    Truth or myth: LISS cardio / distance run/jog depletes anabolic hormones
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  15. Working out at night (or in general)...
    Meal timing?
    Calories in verse calories out or would you suggest energy expenditure? aka eat big in the AM, medium @ lunch, small @ dinner?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  16. Are any over the counter PCT products really capable of providing the full PCT that you need to finish a Prohormone/AAS cycle without the use of a research chemical or banned medication?

  17. How much do supplements REALLY contribute to a proper diet and fitness training regimen?
    BOARD TYRANT

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda
    How much do supplements REALLY contribute to a proper diet and fitness training regimen?
    They don't. I've taken t boosters for years and just got levels at 288... Just prescribed androderm. Sad day. So confused lol. Why doesn't this shti work?! (NOT USP SPECIFICALLY)
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  19. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    They don't. I've taken t boosters for years and just got levels at 288... Just prescribed androderm. Sad day. So confused lol. Why doesn't this shti work?! (NOT USP SPECIFICALLY)
    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    They don't. I've taken t boosters for years and just got levels at 288... Just prescribed androderm. Sad day. So confused lol. Why doesn't this shti work?! (NOT USP SPECIFICALLY)
    (Note: this is not the official response - simply a brief aside.)

    I feel this scenario highlights not only the potential limitations of dietary supplementation, but also the crucial differences between supplementation and prescription medication more generally. I also want to say that this difference is laden within the words themselves: to supplement means to make an addition to, to complete, or to enhance an already ongoing process, object, condition, physical body or project - critically, it does not mean to replace or to repair.

    If an individual suffers from some serious pathological condition or physiological impingement, it is unlikely that dietary supplementation alone will be a sufficient corrective action; and nor should it. Supplements are most properly used in already healthy individuals, such that they may supplement the already adequate physiological processes at play.

    Desiring supplements to correct a pathological condition such as, say, primary hypogonadism is desiring a bridge too far, as I see it.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier

    (Note: this is not the official response - simply a brief aside.)

    I feel this scenario highlights not only the potential limitations of dietary supplementation, but also the crucial differences between supplementation and prescription medication more generally. I also want to say that this difference is laden within the words themselves: to supplement means to make an addition to, to complete, or to enhance an already ongoing process, object, condition, physical body or project - critically, it does not mean to replace or to repair.

    If an individual suffers from some serious pathological condition or physiological impingement, it is unlikely that dietary supplementation alone will be a sufficient corrective action; and nor should it. Supplements are most properly used in already healthy individuals, such that they may supplement the already adequate physiological processes at play.

    Desiring supplements to correct a pathological condition such as, say, primary hypogonadism is desiring a bridge too far, as I see it.
    Absolutely agree. No negative connotation was meant by my statement.. I essentially meant what you are saying, much less eloquently lol. Supplements are a SUPPLEMENT to proper training and nutrition. Not a panacea for poor habits or underlying issues.

    I love usp. I love supplementing to achieve my goals. I was in no way taking a shot at usp or the industry. It is a huge part of my life and usp has been more than generous to me and the am/BB community as a whole!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    In its simplest form, calories in vs. calories out determines weight gain, loss, or homeostasis; however, there are obviously things that can override that science (e.g. disorders involving cortisol, insulin, intestinal permeability, etc.). What do you think some of the most overlooked causes are (for someone who already has his/her diet/training/rest/etc. locked in)?
    We have a winner! Check our forum tomorrow for the response, and MidWestBeast, please contact Borobulker for your prize.

  22. I have a new, pertinent question to my situation that just developed yesterday-

    What sorts of supps can/should be taken if on TRT? To help prevent shutdown, estrogen, polactin? OTC supps not RX...
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"

  23. Congrats mwb- maybe u can help answer my above question..
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier

    We have a winner! Check our forum tomorrow for the response, and MidWestBeast, please contact Borobulker for your prize.
    Thanks, bro. I look forward to reading the response. I hate when things tend to defy science and logic lol.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  25. How are bcaa's and eaa's best used? Would they be useful in a caloric surplus? Lets also assume protein levels are adequate. What results could be seen?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM
  2. APS Nutrition PROMO, GAME- Who is it? PART 2 (Win free prize)
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-16-2002, 03:06 AM
  4. This week's installment of " Ask YJ"
    By Jarconis in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 03:56 PM
  5. Who would win in a fight????
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 12:24 AM
Log in
Log in