Ask A Mullet - Win a Prize! A Scientif-er-ific Promotion.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been active on bodybuilding and fitness forums in the capacity of a USPlabs employee for approximately six years. During that time, I have come to see forums as a particularly complicated and nuanced form of communication, though a form with one feature that seems to weave commonly through them: forums exhibit the virtues of their faults. Which is to say, those things which make forums generally 'good,' are exactly those things which make it generally 'bad.' In particular, I am thinking here of how the open and uncensored flow of information, the crux of the internet's benefit, leads also to the open propagation of misinformation and falsehoods.

In this thread, I want to do a little - and by little, I mean exceedingly little given the scope of the internet - to combat this trend. In it, I am going to field questions by forum members on any topic related to the physical and health sciences. (Note: the question need not be specifically USPlabs related.)

The format will be as follows: post your questions as replies to this thread, in one or two sentences, and each week I will select a question to respond to in a mini-essay format. Each week, the member who's question is selected will receive one (1) free USPlabs product of their choice, as a thank you for your contribution in making this forum a source of coherent information. While I field questions in both this thread, and the sister thread at USPlabs, I will be posting responses only at the USP forum.

The link has been included below, and I look forward to your questions.

(P.S., click the link to see the format of the questions and answers!)

Thank you, and I hope to see a diverse set of entries every week!

Ask A Mullet - Ask a Mullet - USPlabs Direct

Reactions: mw1
MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In....

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Essay format huh? :D

What are your thoughts on the differences between a nutrient partitioning agent and a glucose disposal agen?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In its simplest form, calories in vs. calories out determines weight gain, loss, or homeostasis; however, there are obviously things that can override that science (e.g. disorders involving cortisol, insulin, intestinal permeability, etc.). What do you think some of the most overlooked causes are (for someone who already has his/her diet/training/rest/etc. locked in)?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How can one maintain safe and healthy and effective stimulant use year round? How can one truly BULK (quality muscle) while on stims? (equate to coffee junkies, but with supplements instead)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How can one maintain safe and healthy and effective stimulant use year round? How can one truly BULK (quality muscle) while on stims? (equate to coffee junkies, but with supplements instead)
Drink coffee. :)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First question:
What's in the new USP "anabolic" and how does it signal muscle growth?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In its simplest form, calories in vs. calories out determines weight gain, loss, or homeostasis; however, there are obviously things that can override that science (e.g. disorders involving cortisol, insulin, intestinal permeability, etc.). What do you think some of the most overlooked causes are (for someone who already has his/her diet/training/rest/etc. locked in)?
I love this question.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
One more day for submissions. The winning submission will be chosen tomorrow, and post goes up on Thursday.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One more day for submissions. The winning submission will be chosen tomorrow, and post goes up on Thursday.
Is low carb dieting necessary for shedding bf?

Truth or myth: LISS cardio / distance run/jog depletes anabolic hormones

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Working out at night (or in general)...
Meal timing?
Calories in verse calories out or would you suggest energy expenditure? aka eat big in the AM, medium @ lunch, small @ dinner?

Wilcox

Awards
Are any over the counter PCT products really capable of providing the full PCT that you need to finish a Prohormone/AAS cycle without the use of a research chemical or banned medication?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much do supplements REALLY contribute to a proper diet and fitness training regimen?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much do supplements REALLY contribute to a proper diet and fitness training regimen?
They don't. I've taken t boosters for years and just got levels at 288... Just prescribed androderm. Sad day. So confused lol. Why doesn't this shti work?! (NOT USP SPECIFICALLY)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They don't. I've taken t boosters for years and just got levels at 288... Just prescribed androderm. Sad day. So confused lol. Why doesn't this shti work?! (NOT USP SPECIFICALLY)
(Note: this is not the official response - simply a brief aside.)

I feel this scenario highlights not only the potential limitations of dietary supplementation, but also the crucial differences between supplementation and prescription medication more generally. I also want to say that this difference is laden within the words themselves: to supplement means to make an addition to, to complete, or to enhance an already ongoing process, object, condition, physical body or project - critically, it does not mean to replace or to repair.

If an individual suffers from some serious pathological condition or physiological impingement, it is unlikely that dietary supplementation alone will be a sufficient corrective action; and nor should it. Supplements are most properly used in already healthy individuals, such that they may supplement the already adequate physiological processes at play.

Desiring supplements to correct a pathological condition such as, say, primary hypogonadism is desiring a bridge too far, as I see it.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
(Note: this is not the official response - simply a brief aside.)

I feel this scenario highlights not only the potential limitations of dietary supplementation, but also the crucial differences between supplementation and prescription medication more generally. I also want to say that this difference is laden within the words themselves: to supplement means to make an addition to, to complete, or to enhance an already ongoing process, object, condition, physical body or project - critically, it does not mean to replace or to repair.

If an individual suffers from some serious pathological condition or physiological impingement, it is unlikely that dietary supplementation alone will be a sufficient corrective action; and nor should it. Supplements are most properly used in already healthy individuals, such that they may supplement the already adequate physiological processes at play.

Desiring supplements to correct a pathological condition such as, say, primary hypogonadism is desiring a bridge too far, as I see it.
Absolutely agree. No negative connotation was meant by my statement.. I essentially meant what you are saying, much less eloquently lol. Supplements are a SUPPLEMENT to proper training and nutrition. Not a panacea for poor habits or underlying issues.

I love usp. I love supplementing to achieve my goals. I was in no way taking a shot at usp or the industry. It is a huge part of my life and usp has been more than generous to me and the am/BB community as a whole!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have a winner! Check our forum tomorrow for the response, and MidWestBeast, please contact Borobulker for your prize.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a new, pertinent question to my situation that just developed yesterday-

What sorts of supps can/should be taken if on TRT? To help prevent shutdown, estrogen, polactin? OTC supps not RX...

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats mwb- maybe u can help answer my above question..

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have a winner! Check our forum tomorrow for the response, and MidWestBeast, please contact Borobulker for your prize.
Thanks, bro. I look forward to reading the response. I hate when things tend to defy science and logic lol.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How are bcaa's and eaa's best used? Would they be useful in a caloric surplus? Lets also assume protein levels are adequate. What results could be seen?