Rules
18 and over
USA only
can not have won anything in the past 60 days
can only enter one time
if anyone breaks the rules they are disqualified
winner will be picked in two weeks most likely

the prize

Can you remember something that really stands out in your mind that you did on Halloween? It can be from when you were a kid to an adult

post your story and feel free to post a picture of your costume.

Ill start

I do not know how old I was 2-5 I am guessing. My mom took me to a halloween costume party in Edgewood Md.where I am origally from and a guy asked if I wanted to apple bob. I did it and got an apple and felt so good over that. I guess why Halloween is one of my favorite holidays it was because I had really fun times as a kid and this one instance made a great impression on me plus my mom loving me and taking me to this Halloween party.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome contest idea John!

Quite possibly my most memorable experience from Halloween (besides that night ALWAYS being mandatory pizza night!) was when I was bout 12 or 13... nearing the end of when it was considered OK to trick-or-treat. It was about 8PM, prime time for trick-or-treaters to be out. My parents house had a long L-shaped brick-layered sidewalk that led up to the front door which also happened to be within birds of view of one of my favorite climbing trees. As I watched from inside the house as different kids in costumes would approach the front door I noticed that many of them, upon leaving, would head off into the direction of that tree on the way to their next house. I called my buddy upon, and informed him of my plan. We both dressed up in the darkest clothes we had so that no one could see us. Dark jeans. Black long sleeve shirts. I think we even got some of the winter hats out to cover our heads in darkness. We armed ourselves with 2 bottles each of silly string and proceeded to sneak outside and climb up the tree. It was at this point that three girls walked up to my parents front door. Happy with the new goodies they had just received, they headed out towards the tree without a care in the world. Right when they were just at the trunk of the tree my friend and I excecuted the PERFECT NINJA SURPRISE DROP ATTACK and doused them all with a good volley of silley string. The girls screamed so loudly it was almost like I was at a rock concert my ears rang so loud. They all took off in different directions and dropped their bags of candy in the process. I had never laughed so hard in my life... but was promptly scolded by my father and forced to return the girls candy.

Still makes me smile thinking of that one :)

Wilcox

Awards
So when I was young, I have no idea how old I was, I just know I was incredibly young, (Thats how you know I was scarred for life by this), I was trick or treating with my grandparents. I was going house to house, and my sister was ahead of the game, I have always been slow and not a fan of going house to house for trick or treating. No idea why, but my sister would book like 4 houses ahead of me. So I arrive at this one place and I'm my happy jolly self as a child waiting for some candy. Im innocent alright? No need to scare a little kid. Wrong. This guy jumps out of what seemed to me like an 8 foot tree like one foot away from me. I screamed like a little girl and cryed my eyes out for like 20 minutes and ran back to the car. I didn't even get any candy. :(. My trick or treating night ended right there. I was devastated.

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Most memorable Halloween moment. It is not a pleasant one per say lol. When I was maybe around 10 I used to visit a friend in a nicer area of my city. In his neighborhood there was a house at the top of the hill that always had one of those super huge pumpkins out front. Well one year I talked a group of us to roll it down the hill. We were able to roll it down the hill and it eventually smashed into a ditch at the bottom, it was a very slow roll by the way. Somehow the owners and the police found out it was us and let's just say our parents were not to happy about the situation. We didn't get into any trouble for it but did get a nice talking too.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome contest idea John!

Quite possibly my most memorable experience from Halloween (besides that night ALWAYS being mandatory pizza night!) was when I was bout 12 or 13... nearing the end of when it was considered OK to trick-or-treat. It was about 8PM, prime time for trick-or-treaters to be out. My parents house had a long L-shaped brick-layered sidewalk that led up to the front door which also happened to be within birds of view of one of my favorite climbing trees. As I watched from inside the house as different kids in costumes would approach the front door I noticed that many of them, upon leaving, would head off into the direction of that tree on the way to their next house. I called my buddy upon, and informed him of my plan. We both dressed up in the darkest clothes we had so that no one could see us. Dark jeans. Black long sleeve shirts. I think we even got some of the winter hats out to cover our heads in darkness. We armed ourselves with 2 bottles each of silly string and proceeded to sneak outside and climb up the tree. It was at this point that three girls walked up to my parents front door. Happy with the new goodies they had just received, they headed out towards the tree without a care in the world. Right when they were just at the trunk of the tree my friend and I excecuted the PERFECT NINJA SURPRISE DROP ATTACK and doused them all with a good volley of silley string. The girls screamed so loudly it was almost like I was at a rock concert my ears rang so loud. They all took off in different directions and dropped their bags of candy in the process. I had never laughed so hard in my life... but was promptly scolded by my father and forced to return the girls candy.

Still makes me smile thinking of that one :)
you got them yours made me laugh great story

So when I was young, I have no idea how old I was, I just know I was incredibly young, (Thats how you know I was scarred for life by this), I was trick or treating with my grandparents. I was going house to house, and my sister was ahead of the game, I have always been slow and not a fan of going house to house for trick or treating. No idea why, but my sister would book like 4 houses ahead of me. So I arrive at this one place and I'm my happy jolly self as a child waiting for some candy. Im innocent alright? No need to scare a little kid. Wrong. This guy jumps out of what seemed to me like an 8 foot tree like one foot away from me. I screamed like a little girl and cryed my eyes out for like 20 minutes and ran back to the car. I didn't even get any candy. :(. My trick or treating night ended right there. I was devastated.
very nice, vulnerable is the word in searching for I think , thanks for sharing

Most memorable Halloween moment. It is not a pleasant one per say lol. When I was maybe around 10 I used to visit a friend in a nicer area of my city. In his neighborhood there was a house at the top of the hill that always had one of those super huge pumpkins out front. Well one year I talked a group of us to roll it down the hill. We were able to roll it down the hill and it eventually smashed into a ditch at the bottom, it was a very slow roll by the way. Somehow the owners and the police found out it was us and let's just say our parents were not to happy about the situation. We didn't get into any trouble for it but did get a nice talking too.
did you get punished, or just scolded?

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
We were scolded by our parents. The owners of the pumpkin did not want to do anything criminally since we were so young but they let punishment up to our parents. I was punished but I don't remember what it was so I'm sure it wasn't to bad of a punishment.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My most memorable Halloween ever was about 4 years ago.
I was working night shift, and at around 3 am I received a phone call from a local number. I figured it was a friend drunk dialing so I answered.
It was my cousin, whom I normally only see like 3 times a year. He sounded hammered.
It was odd he would be calling from a local number because he lived 2 hours away...
I asked what the hell he was doing and he explained to me that he got drunk, got in a fight with his friends, then just drove two hours to party with an old friend. In the course of his night his phone died and he got lost. Somehow he remembered my number so that's who he called for help.
Being at work I couldn't really help lol...so I told him to go to our aunt's house to sleep.
That was the last I heard from him that night.
When I arrived home at 7 am I noticed a red car parked under my apple tree, in the middle of the front yard. I went to investigate and found my cousin covered in coats and shivering. I woke him up and he just smiled at me sheepishly.
This was a very odd situation especially since I had lived with my parents at the time. I brought him in and my mom cooked him breakfast and didn't ask one question about how he ended up under the tree lol.

Well, since I had a party to go to that night, and now I had company, I pretty much made him come party with me. We got day drunk at some local bar and then went and found him a last minute costume.
My friend and I dressed as Ace and Gary from SNL, and my cousin was a monkey with a George W. mask on.
We partied, woke up, and ended up going to another party that night lol....so I had a two day unplanned bender with my cousin who I barely knew! That's bonding!

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool contest but if I posted my most memorable I would be brought in for questioning ;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My most memorable Halloween ever was about 4 years ago.
I was working night shift, and at around 3 am I received a phone call from a local number. I figured it was a friend drunk dialing so I answered.
It was my cousin, whom I normally only see like 3 times a year. He sounded hammered.
It was odd he would be calling from a local number because he lived 2 hours away...
I asked what the hell he was doing and he explained to me that he got drunk, got in a fight with his friends, then just drove two hours to party with an old friend. In the course of his night his phone died and he got lost. Somehow he remembered my number so that's who he called for help.
Being at work I couldn't really help lol...so I told him to go to our aunt's house to sleep.
That was the last I heard from him that night.
When I arrived home at 7 am I noticed a red car parked under my apple tree, in the middle of the front yard. I went to investigate and found my cousin covered in coats and shivering. I woke him up and he just smiled at me sheepishly.
This was a very odd situation especially since I had lived with my parents at the time. I brought him in and my mom cooked him breakfast and didn't ask one question about how he ended up under the tree lol.

Well, since I had a party to go to that night, and now I had company, I pretty much made him come party with me. We got day drunk at some local bar and then went and found him a last minute costume.
My friend and I dressed as Ace and Gary from SNL, and my cousin was a monkey with a George W. mask on.
We partied, woke up, and ended up going to another party that night lol....so I had a two day unplanned bender with my cousin who I barely knew! That's bonding!
nice one

Cool contest but if I posted my most memorable I would be brought in for questioning ;)
understood, there are some things in society that just are not talked about because ignorant people would not understand