Totally in!!!

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
scw538

scw538

Awards
In to see some damage. Best of luck to all the competiors.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Good! Make sure you post in the official thread!
Glad to have you Airborne, show us how its done.
Alright brother... Gotta find someone who will shoot for me and a time when I won't feel like a tool ;-) this is a great promo

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will curl in the squat rack. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe it.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. 185lbs with good form is impressive for anyone under 225lbs. I have tried for a long time to get up to that weight and most I ever could curl was around 165 (using straight barbell, never tried heavier with EZ-Bar)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
What bout for a 250

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. 185lbs with good form is impressive for anyone under 225lbs. I have tried for a long time to get up to that weight and most I ever could curl was around 165 (using straight barbell, never tried heavier with EZ-Bar)
Might try this...how much does the heavier ez bar weight?

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
Might try this...how much does the heavier ez bar weight?
For me EZ-Curls are significantly easier than straight bar curls. As for how much, it is hard to quantify and may not be true for all people--though it seems that way.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
What bout for a 250

Depends--how are you 250? Lean, bulky, fat, etc. Also, height and all of that plays a role.

Most I have seen curled is 275lbs by someone who weighed around ~225lbs. It was not a strict form curl, and definitely used plenty of momentum but still was pretty awesome.

Generally if you can curl your body weight then that is damn impressive.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me EZ-Curls are significantly easier than straight bar curls. As for how much, it is hard to quantify and may not be true for all people--though it seems that way.
Going to attempt this with an ez bar and a straight bar lol wish me luck

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Depends--how are you 250? Lean, bulky, fat, etc. Also, height and all of that plays a role.

Most I have seen curled is 275lbs by someone who weighed around ~225lbs. It was not a strict form curl, and definitely used plenty of momentum but still was pretty awesome.

Generally if you can curl your body weight then that is damn impressive.
6ft and swole like lol

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Super fat ;-)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
How many pull ups is impressive for a 254 pounder I know I can bench and squat massive weight but idk many people 254 at 6 ft that can do pull ups

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
How many pull ups is impressive for a 254 pounder I know I can bench and squat massive weight but idk many people 254 at 6 ft that can do pull ups
I'll say 25+? I know that you can do 20 correct me it am wrong. So 25+ seem good.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
25+ is impressive for anyone that isn't a stick.

My pull-up game is inferior :(

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
25+ is impressive for anyone that isn't a stick.

My pull-up game is inferior :(
You did good then I came across your bench one 315lbs warm up for 15 reps very nice, what was your weight when you did that?

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
You did good then I came across your bench one 315lbs warm up for 15 reps very nice, what was your weight when you did that?
around ~198lbs. same weight as now.

my training has been wildly in flux over the past month, which sucks because I am all "supped" up, but am going through big life changes. moving, new job, etc.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
25+ would be strong at that weight. If you told Derek Poundstone to drop 50lbs he wouldn't be too far off that mark.