Want free NeoVar? Sell me on some shoes.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I need new lifting shoes. Money no issue but I try to keep it reasonable. I have no idea what to get.

SO HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A SALESMAN

But your commision won't be ca$$$h but a bottle of NeoVar.

Okay, the rules are simple:

• [*=left]Suggest a good shoe for lifting heavy
    [*=left]Sell me on why I should invest in it
    [*=left]There is no time limit or post limit
    [*=left]If I pick up your suggestion you win a 240 count bottle of NeoVar

If you've nver tried NeoVar its a capped form of phosphorylated creatine and some monohydrate. In addition, there are some insulin mimicking compounds to aid in their entry to muscle tissue instead of hanging around the extracellular matrix. NeoVar is best take 10-15 minutes prior to your first carb meal and immediately post workout with a carb meal. It helps shuttle everything into the muscles. If on a low carb diet I dose mine right before and after my workout, or morning/night on off days.​

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
New balance minimus are great. That's what I'm wearing right now. They have the same idea as those 5 toe shoes, but they don't have 5 toes so you wont look like a douchebag. The arch of my foot used to hurt when I did calf raises, but with these there is no pain. Overall they are a great durable, comfortable, very light, lifting shoe.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
if you want real hardcore like olypic style lifting or westide barbell..'Adidas Adistar Weightlifting shoes' are the **** if you wanna push real weight.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I did know Adidas made shoes like that, my old trainer had em they looked good. New Balance apparently are real good for lifting and arch support Im using em currently. I had a good pair of Nike's but theyre so worn down it hurts to wear them. I was thinking about getting the 5 toes shoes I think they would be lefit for stuff like squats I just worry about a plate dropping on my foot

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was so close to using this in the winter months but afraid of creatine bloat.. Shoulda done itbc I made little to no gains :(

Cant go wrong with a pair of chucks! I too suggest the minimus.. Tried them on over the weekend.. Probably my next purchase.. The 5 toe ones only make u look like a douche bag if you're fat andout of shape lol (unfortunately that's the crowd they appeal to most)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you do many oly lifts?

aceroni

Awards
@Organic Shadow.. The Adidas adistar are nice, BUT- you are STUCK with that wedge in your shoe. It's like CONSTANTLY having a 10lb plate under your heel for squats, deads, etc.. I dont see it being beneficial for BARBELL ROWS, or OVERHEAD PRESSES, or DEADLIFTS... lifts like that where you need you would prefer your feet flat on the floor.
Look man. All i can say is that I've been wearing my Nike Speedsweep's and I LOVE THEM.

Nike Speedsweep 7 Wrestling Shoes |

They're cheap, not super flashy, and theyre flat footed (the reason most powerlifters use chuck taylors is for that even balance and to FEEL the floor when they squat / dead).. Really, ANY pair of flat footed wrestling shoes work- I just picked the speedsweeps b/c they are cheap, and effective. You can use the strap to tighten up keep your ankles supported, or if you need more ankle mobility you can just keep the strap loose.. They are really tight when you first wear them, but after a week or two in they gym they fit your feet like a glove...
Honestly- after training in them, i wouldnt use any other shoe...

Like i said though man any flat bottomed wrestling shoe will work fine.. I just used the speedsweep for example because that is what i use and i have experience with them.. perfect for lifting.
And if want to elevate my heel? simple- go grab a 10lb plate, or a rubber mat.. The reason i dont like to squat like that (i always used to) is that always having your heels elevated shifts the weight forward down the front of your legs, and puts alot of unneeded stress on your tibia.. (the front of your calf)
hope this helps dude.. pce!

edit:: and as far as westside barbell, those guys are powerlifters- they use chucktaylors (not adistar).. simply because they are flat based, and CHEAP.. And powerlifters dont give a flying **** what their shoes look like

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's simple...

If you power lift get a pair of chucks (think squats and trying to spread the floor)

If you do Olympic lifts get a pair of Rogue Do-wins (there is a reason why Olympic lifters wear these kind of shoes)

If you need something in between or something that you can also do some cardio or cross training in then get Inov-8 (f-230). (little bit the best of all worlds, low heel to toe drop, durable, and look slick to boot).

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Personally when I'm squatting or deadlifting ill throw on the Vibram 5-fingers kimodos or the Nike 6.0s, everything else a nice pair if Nike Shox are amazing. I just won't squat or dl with them cuz the action in the heel

musclebob5

musclebob5

Banned
Awards
F*$ck Shoes Man ... Arnold Was Squatin Well Over 400+ Pounds Barefoot ... Now Are You A Real ... Or A Gurly Man !

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Not to copy off of airborne, but vibram KSO is what I now use to lift. These are the 5 finger shoes. They are great for lifting bc they allow you to "feel" exactly what your feet are doing and you can obtain a way better grip to the floor. When benching I am able to throw every single toe individually onto the floor and feel each toe actually grip. I can feel the strain and balance on each toe as I am pushing through my lift. The same goes for my squats and deads. A better Grip on the floor is obtained and it actually allows me to activate more of my calve muscles and I also get a real good burn in my glutes and hammies as compared to conventional sneakers. Lifting is all about feel and these sneakers allow you to feel everything. Not to mention you have to measure your feet In order to get a correct size, it makes for a more "custom" shoe and workout.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Not to copy off of airborne, but vibram KSO is what I now use to lift. These are the 5 finger shoes. They are great for lifting bc they allow you to "feel" exactly what your feet are doing and you can obtain a way better grip to the floor. When benching I am able to throw every single toe individually onto the floor and feel each toe actually grip. I can feel the strain and balance on each toe as I am pushing through my lift. The same goes for my squats and deads. A better Grip on the floor is obtained and it actually allows me to activate more of my calve muscles and I also get a real good burn in my glutes and hammies as compared to conventional sneakers. Lifting is all about feel and these sneakers allow you to feel everything. Not to mention you have to measure your feet In order to get a correct size, it makes for a more "custom" shoe and workout.
BAM!!! We win! Lol better write up bro Haha

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
BAM!!! We win! Lol better write up bro Haha
Lol, I had to piggy back on your initial post. It's funny bc "hardcore" lifters have not heard of these shoes to much, and I used to feel funny working out in them sometimes. But after a while people kept asking me about them and I have converted some people over.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lol, I had to piggy back on your initial post. It's funny bc "hardcore" lifters have not heard of these shoes to much, and I used to feel funny working out in them sometimes. But after a while people kept asking me about them and I have converted some people over.
Same Damn thing bro lol its like having comfy barefeet! And they breath to keep your feet dry! Win win

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Was so close to using this in the winter months but afraid of creatine bloat.. Shoulda done itbc I made little to no gains :(

Cant go wrong with a pair of chucks! I too suggest the minimus.. Tried them on over the weekend.. Probably my next purchase.. The 5 toe ones only make u look like a douche bag if you're fat andout of shape lol (unfortunately that's the crowd they appeal to most)
I've never had bloat even with its monohydrate. Dosed properly, especially if you're already lean, the lines become more defined as all the water moves inside the fibers instead of hanging around in the matrix. I look more crisp and bodied. I gotta check out chucks... that's new to me.

@Organic Shadow.. The Adidas adistar are nice, BUT- you are STUCK with that wedge in your shoe. It's like CONSTANTLY having a 10lb plate under your heel for squats, deads, etc.. I dont see it being beneficial for BARBELL ROWS, or OVERHEAD PRESSES, or DEADLIFTS... lifts like that where you need you would prefer your feet flat on the floor.
Look man. All i can say is that I've been wearing my Nike Speedsweep's and I LOVE THEM.
I think the wrestling shoe form was more what I had in mind with this direction. I'll check em out I'm a long time Nike patron. I don't mind having flashy shoes but Im more "form follows function."

Personally when I'm squatting or deadlifting ill throw on the Vibram 5-fingers kimodos or the Nike 6.0s, everything else a nice pair if Nike Shox are amazing. I just won't squat or dl with them cuz the action in the heel
Not to copy off of airborne, but vibram KSO is what I now use to lift. These are the 5 finger shoes.
I want to at least try on the five toe and see what its about and Ill try the KSO first. Nike 6.0 is my casual skate shoe.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I use the komodosports. I love the flat foot feelin

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Adidas Adipure Barefoot Trainers bro, I tell you, they are the best gym shoes / training shoes you can ever get. It almost feels like you are not wearing shoes at all, and they are super lightweight. Like good training gloves, you don't want them to be thick and heavy, you want that glove-like-fit and comfort.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
ADIDAS POWERLIFT SHOE

The Adidas Power Lift Trainer has a mid foot strap for better stability. The lock down strap gives you extra support for heavy power lifting or Olympic style weight lifting. Increased heel support helps transfer your power effectively through your feet during a lift. A rugged shoe suitable for training work outs and for use in competition.

Currently using this shoe and I lift heavy myself and loving every second...this shoe is light and comfortable!!!

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Vibram five fingers.
Perfect when doing squats since unlike most trainers you can stay on your heels better.
Non lifting shoes but still pimp as heck are some Jordan retro 5's :)

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
i'm going to second the New Balance Minimus 10
detail_hero_template_530x399.jpg

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna shop around tomorrow. I have a few ideas in mind now and lets see what I find. New balance really stepped p their game in recent years to making a good shoe.

Oh, if two people simultaneously suggest the same product that I elect I also have a tub of Cherry Citrus Lit Up.

aceroni

Awards
^ ooh oooh ooooooooooooohh Litup is the ****! so sad they discontinued it... :aargh:

ICJLM

ICJLM

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really up for writing out a drawn out explanation right now, but I also say go with the Vibrams. I have been using my KSOs for about 16 months now, and absolutely love them.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chuck Taylors, why you ask?

Because they make you deadlift 585

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^ ooh oooh ooooooooooooohh Litup is the ****! so sad they discontinued it... :aargh:
It was a non-compete issue when the company turned over hands. There will still be Lit Up back on the market but under a different company... I dunno just tape Applied Nutriceuticals on it with masking tape and pretend lol

Chuck Taylors, why you ask?

Because they make you deadlift 585
Well done on making a forum ad. The avi pulls it together, you made me think about tryin some chuck taylors.

Beefy Jew

Awards
I'm true to my timberland work boots, they are very solid and stable. I am a fan because they are very wide which helps me alot during squats and deadlifts, I cant workout in running shoes anymore.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use 2 pairs of shoes; one for squat/DL, one for everything else.

For squat/DL, I prefer the Adidas Samba (indoor soccer shoe) to the Chuck Taylor's simply because they fit me better. They're adequate to use for cardio those days, they're stable, comfortable and don't look stupid.

For everything else, Saucony Kinvara 2. There is no other shoe out there that compares for weight (light!), comfort and performance. I love my Kinvaras. Plus, they're made in about 10,000 color combos so it's easy to find a shoe that looks good.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well done on making a forum ad. The avi pulls it together, you made me think about tryin some chuck taylors.
I am just a little proud of the lift. It was done last night. The avi I cant take credit for though. Heretostudy made it and posted it in one of my logs. Chuck Taylors just feel really comfortable to me. I like being able to tie them really tight and have the stability. My feet are beyond flat so finding shoes isnt easy, but Chuck Taylors feel damn comfortable lifting in.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That is impressive Tomahawk. One day, when I grow up, I'll get there. Anyone else wanna chime in before I hit up Footlocker?

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Nope I'm staying by the Vibrams lol

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
adidas-adipure-trainer-2-610x432.jpg

13834568_17210087_trimmed.jpg

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is impressive Tomahawk. One day, when I grow up, I'll get there. Anyone else wanna chime in before I hit up Footlocker?
Mehh dont bad in the scope of things. But I have done 675 so I want more haha.

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Hoping you went out and got yourself a pair of 5 fingers.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards

Woah now! I wear 5 toe shoes to workout along with a lot of other well conditioned military athletes. You see the spec ops guys using them a lot and they are not fat in any way. :D

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No. I dont need special shoes, Im just asking what people recommend for quality footware.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought the shoe obsessed was mainly a female thing. You need special shoes just for working out? Really?.
Negs for being very narrow minded and a making generalizations

aceroni

Awards
^ you sound like a troll.
and who cares what you think bra? I train harder than 95% of the people in my gym... and the majority of them juice.
honestly. The man needed some new shoes to train in and wanted to know ppls advice.. Again man, flat bottomed shoes = wining for squats / deads..
converses, or wrestling shoes.. even those adidas the other guy was talking about..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry guys. I just never saw so many men obsessed over shoes. Didn't mean any dis-respect. If it sounded that way, that is not how I meant it. So I apologize to you all.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys. I just never saw so many men obsessed over shoes. Didn't mean any dis-respect. If it sounded that way, that is not how I meant it. So I apologize to you all.
I freakin love shoes. :D

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have as few pairs of shoes as possible.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd ask Rosie Chee. A female and an athlete. I think she would have a better idea than more than half the guys on this site.
Lame.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For leg day I prefer my steel toed Wolverine work boots lol....