What would YOU like to see in a post workout?

  1. Professional Member
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,914
    Rep Power
    1018911
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    87.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What would YOU like to see in a post workout?


    iForce is currently working on a post workout formula, however we would like some input from the fans out there on what you personally would like to see in your post workout.


    Lets hear it!

  2. Senior Member
    stopstalking's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    196983
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Post or pre ? I'm guessing post because ou already have a great preworkout
  3. Professional Member
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,914
    Rep Power
    1018911
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    87.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking View Post
    Post or pre ? I'm guessing post because ou already have a great preworkout
    post
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    thedarce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    383098
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    karbolyn!
  5. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    I'd say:

    Whey isolate
    Simple carbohydrate (plain dextrose would probably be fine; I'd prefer it over maltodextrin)
    Creatine monohydrate (5g)

    Anything beyond that would be beneficial, but that's the premise of what makes up a solid post (in my mind). I would think a small amount of free form BCAAs (probably 4:1:1 ratio to get more leucine) and possibly ~2g beta alanine, as that would get most users to the 4g/day when combined with what they may take pre-workout. I've seen good reports of Protocol, so perhaps 500mg agmatine, as well (though I believe that's meant to be taken prior to consuming the protein/carbs); same goes for a small dose of LCLT.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,998
    Rep Power
    4209603
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    34.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I'd say:

    Whey isolate
    Simple carbohydrate (plain dextrose would probably be fine; I'd prefer it over maltodextrin)
    Creatine monohydrate (5g)

    Anything beyond that would be beneficial, but that's the premise of what makes up a solid post (in my mind). I would think a small amount of free form BCAAs (probably 4:1:1 ratio to get more leucine) and possibly ~2g beta alanine, as that would get most users to the 4g/day when combined with what they may take pre-workout. I've seen good reports of Protocol, so perhaps 500mg agmatine, as well (though I believe that's meant to be taken prior to consuming the protein/carbs); same goes for a small dose of LCLT.
    nice. i like this


    the problem is anything with protein or BCAAs is going to be expensive. this is why AppNut has not yet released Cool Down (our post workout product) because the raws are too expensive and we couldnt be competitive with our price.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  7. Professional Member
    punjabimunde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,513
    Rep Power
    461557
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    95.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    100% whey protein
    Creatine
    Glutamine
    Arginine
    Vitamin c
    HMB
    Alpha lipoic acid
    Taurine
    "Difficult things take a long time, impossible things take a little longer."
    OG Punjabi Avenger
  8. Advanced Member
    hugry4more's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    915
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    41.15%

    Whey simple carbs bcaa glutamine and plus.... the super soilder formula, genetically modified spiders that bite u n alter your DNA, of yea lots of midichlorians!! Lol
  9. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81803
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    whey
    a nice carb source
    maybe an anti oxidant / mood enhancer?
  10. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla

    nice. i like this

    the problem is anything with protein or BCAAs is going to be expensive. this is why AppNut has not yet released Cool Down (our post workout product) because the raws are too expensive and we couldnt be competitive with our price.
    That makes sense. The first 3 I listed are the building blocks for me. Or you could do everything I listed just minus the whey isolate and I'd still buy it. If it weren't one of those two things, though, I doubt I'd purchase it. I'd just keep doing what I have been.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  11. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    2726318
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    37.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I'd like to see Peptopro, creatine and LCLT. Granted i imagine the pricepoint would be difficult.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. New Member
    alexoc949's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    24351
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    92.21%

    electrolytes
  13. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    I'd like to see Peptopro, creatine and LCLT. Granted i imagine the pricepoint would be difficult.
    I second this. Peptopro (dosed accurately), creatine and LCLT.
  14. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,998
    Rep Power
    4209603
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    34.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I like the idea of adding vitamin c
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  15. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,411
    Rep Power
    4289807
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    80.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Digestive enzymes
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  16. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    3998036
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    64.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    ^this
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  17. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    3998036
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    64.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I take digestive enzymes with all my post workout drinks.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  18. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,597
    Rep Power
    3998036
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    64.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Probiotics would be a nice addition too.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  19. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    40g whey isolate
    50g-70g carbs
    6-7g leucine
    200mg r-ala


    **creatine is cheap and I can add my own. NO filler ingredients is key to me buying the product.

    or

    10g pepto Pro
    30 whey iso
    1g LCLT
    6g Leucine
    150mg r-ala
    40-50g carbs preferably swedish oat starch

    should only cost about 5 dollars a serving
    Last edited by monstermash; 02-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    :blindfold:
  20. Senior Member
    farmtireguy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    122718
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    29.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    High fructose corn syrup ;-) lol
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.
  21. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    To piggy back on what Monster added....

    10g pepto Pro
    30 whey iso
    1g LCLT
    6g Leucine
    150mg r-ala
    LCLT
    Creapure
    Enzymes
  22. Senior Member
    stopstalking's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    196983
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23
    To piggy back on what Monster added....

    10g pepto Pro
    30 whey iso
    1g LCLT
    6g Leucine
    150mg r-ala
    LCLT
    Creapure
    Enzymes
    I like this!
  23. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking View Post
    I like this!
    Done and done! So when do we start manufacturing?
  24. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    To piggy back on what Monster added....

    10g pepto Pro
    30 whey iso
    1g LCLT
    6g Leucine
    150mg r-ala
    Creapure
    Enzymes
    Sound legit to me but I like to add my own creatine. Which enzymes do you prefer postworkout? haven't used them in a while and forget which are best...
    :blindfold:
  25. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Sound legit to me but I like to add my own creatine. Which enzymes do you prefer postworkout? haven't used them in a while and forget which are best...
    Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase ...basically anything that ends in "ase".
  26. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,577
    Rep Power
    2717715
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    3.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    8.1.1 bcaa profile, L alanine, vit c, 2g beta alanine......the problem is keeping cost competitve or slightly cheaper...
  27. Senior Member
    stopstalking's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    196983
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    25.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23

    Done and done! So when do we start manufacturing?
    Seriously !
  28. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Vaughn, would you mind weighing in on the direction you'd be looking to take this product? I'm assuming it was in the chance that you guys might produce it and not just to satisfy your curiosity lol.

    I'd just like to hear your thoughts on if you're looking for this to be the type of product you'd have your support supplements from (kind of like Protocol) or one that will include your nutrition, too (the carbs and/or protein) or one to cover them all.

    Essentially, a company could market 3 products for this (or even more if you broke it down further, but that's another story):

    A) Whey Isolate + Simple Carbs
    B) Support Post Supplements (e.g. digestive enzymes, creatine, BA, LCLT, agmatine, etc.)
    C) A combination of A and B, which would obviously have a very high pricetag, but would allow users to have ONE product, rather than fiddling around with so much.

    I'd see product C being a treat. It's not something you'd run year round as a staple, but you would treat yourself to it on occasion, allowing yourself to not have to hassle with 10 different products/compounds/powders/pills.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  29. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,998
    Rep Power
    4209603
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    34.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Where did the other iforce contest about reviewing a product go?
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  30. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149922
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    29.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    I'd like to see Peptopro, creatine and LCLT. Granted i imagine the pricepoint would be difficult.
    Awesome idea. Well there's a lot of awesome ideas. I'd definitely suggest:
    Creatine (di-creatine phosphate)
    L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate
    Glutamine AKG
    Pepto-pro
    Electrolytes (phosphate or bicarbonate form)
    Anti-Oxidants (grapeseed, A/C/E)
    Trace mineral complex
  31. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149922
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    29.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Vaughn, would you mind weighing in on the direction you'd be looking to take this product? I'm assuming it was in the chance that you guys might produce it and not just to satisfy your curiosity lol.

    I'd just like to hear your thoughts on if you're looking for this to be the type of product you'd have your support supplements from (kind of like Protocol) or one that will include your nutrition, too (the carbs and/or protein) or one to cover them all.

    Essentially, a company could market 3 products for this (or even more if you broke it down further, but that's another story):

    A) Whey Isolate + Simple Carbs
    B) Support Post Supplements (e.g. digestive enzymes, creatine, BA, LCLT, agmatine, etc.)
    C) A combination of A and B, which would obviously have a very high pricetag, but would allow users to have ONE product, rather than fiddling around with so much.

    I'd see product C being a treat. It's not something you'd run year round as a staple, but you would treat yourself to it on occasion, allowing yourself to not have to hassle with 10 different products/compounds/powders/pills.
    Oooo! Good call! I forgot to add beta alanine
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in