Muscle Pharm Is Now A Publicly Traded Company

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established

MUSCLEPHARM® GOES PUBLIC

MusclePharm® Corporation, a fast-growing brand in the sports nutrition supplement industry, is now a publicly traded company on the OTC Bulletin Board (OTCBB) under the ticker symbol “MSLP.”

For more information, please visit MusclePharm.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wow

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm.

My dad and I made all of our money in the Market and Via Bonds. He then invested in Realestate and is now worth allloooooot of money.

BigBeazy is looking into this now. But I'm going to need alot of info.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
lulz.. Brave..
Imagine if the blew up bigger than Muscle Tech.

Sure Muscle Tech is garbage and we all know that, but people do nothing but buy their products. You think supplements, you think Muscle Tech.

MP really needs to kick up their Ad's. Also, when I walk into a store, I want to see nothing but Muscle Pharm, they are a great company but they have been kinda hiding for awhile.

Or they can just get Mr. O in a labcoat. Either or.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Imagine if the blew up bigger than Muscle Tech.

Sure Muscle Tech is garbage and we all know that, but people do nothing but buy their products. You think supplements, you think Muscle Tech.

MP really needs to kick up their Ad's. Also, when I walk into a store, I want to see nothing but Muscle Pharm, they are a great company but they have been kinda hiding for awhile.

Or they can just get Mr. O in a labcoat. Either or.
You see a lot of our advertising in the MMA scene. We are still a relatively new company as well but our growth over the last couple years has been great.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
You see a lot of our advertising in the MMA scene. We are still a relatively new company as well but our growth over the last couple years has been great.
Talking about MMA, my fiance is actually a fighter. She is also a bikini Model, so if you are ever looking for one, let me know.

I'm not that big into MMA, just mainly did boxing for 8 years. (GG Champ right here!)

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
This is exciting news for your company, and pretty interesting to say the least. May be worth looking into lol

itzgambino

Awards
Can I short this?
you can short any stock unless there is a emergency short ban like there was during the crisis in 2008. This being said it is tough to find a broker or online brokerage like etrade or Schwab that will allow you to short penny stocks b/c the stock is no where close to being liquid and finding a locate will be really tough.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I company going public is not necessarily the best thing. Since share holders will now have part control of the company they can vote on various business decisions such as the source of ingrediants. Share holders won't always be gym rats and their best interests (which is usually a higher share price) may not coincide with what's best for the company. However for a company to grow and increase market share, they need large amounts of money. Selling shares of your company on the market is one of the fastest ways to generate that money. Whether Muscle Farm uses the money appropriately to grow the business is up to them.

Here's an example for those that don't understand what I'm talking about. If you live in the south you will be familiar with a fast food restaurant called Chik-fil-A. They make probably some of the best fast food you can possibly buy. Sandwiches grilled on wheat, fruit cups...the whole 9. You can count on the quality to be the same in each restaurant no matter what city you live in. They are closed on Sundays to observe relgion. They will probably never go public. Why? Because then the values the business has been built on would then be subject to the shareholders.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The main shareholders of our company our the guys that have been running it since it was started. Our product will not change as a result of us going public, this just gives us the opportunity to grow the business.

purebred

So, now that you all have gone public it shouldn't be a problem to feel "compelled to divulge" information regarding money invested into R&D, right? This seems to be the only "legit" excuse companies have for not divulging such information nowadays!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Congrats MP! Its nice to see you guys taking off and moving up the ladder. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm.

My dad and I made all of our money in the Market and Via Bonds. He then invested in Realestate and is now worth allloooooot of money.

BigBeazy is looking into this now. But I'm going to need alot of info.
Here ya go... http://musclepharm.com/common/download/Alot_of_Info.pdf

you can short any stock unless there is a emergency short ban like there was during the crisis in 2008. This being said it is tough to find a broker or online brokerage like etrade or Schwab that will allow you to short penny stocks b/c the stock is no where close to being liquid and finding a locate will be really tough.
uh... pump and dump is VERY COMMON w/ OTC pink sheets..

So, now that you all have gone public it shouldn't be a problem to feel "compelled to divulge" information regarding money invested into R&D, right? This seems to be the only "legit" excuse companies have for not divulging such information nowadays!
Would this make you feel better about buying from a company? Here... upper right hand corner of the MT website "A portion of every dollar spent on MuscleTech® supplements is allocated towards funding scientific research to discover new and more effective ways to help increase lean muscle mass and strength, reduce bodyfat and improve athletic performance." There ya go... somewhere between 1 to 99 cents of every dollar is spent on research -- feel better?

The amount of financial genius in the thread ::: astounding. Especially the 18 year old w/ the MMA/Model referring to himself in 3rd person that is offering marketing advise. I would say there is quite a difference with regards to reporting between Exchanges and OTC ::: I digress...

Congrats to Brad and crew... the amount of headaches dealing with; paperwork... lawyers.. consultants and especially emotions to pull this off is extremely challenging.

And to the tosser that wanted "info" ... http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/MSLP/financials You know what you are looking at right?

Last edited:
trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
Good question. This will be answered very soon in future company announcements. We will be setting the bar on testing, compliance, and results for this industry.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
How will this effect the pricing, quality and effectiveness of the product. I think that is more important question. Because you can never really trust a company going too big, because before you know it you have multi-million dollar companies starting to make stupid cuts back, *cough* HFCS, just to get the extra $.

trueathlete

trueathlete

Muscle Pharm Rep
Awards
How will this effect the pricing, quality and effectiveness of the product. I think that is more important question. Because you can never really trust a company going too big, because before you know it you have multi-million dollar companies starting to make stupid cuts back, *cough* HFCS, just to get the extra $.
If anything it will improve our quality. We have some pretty cool things were doing from a R and D side and a compliance side that no one in the industry is doing, which as a consumer will make you feel good about MP.
This consists of extra outside testing of our products for label claims and efficacy of the ingredients, major university clinical studies, and we just built a 30,000 sq ft performance center that has state of the art equipment for the research and development of all MP products. We also have several Top Doctors and scientists who continue to develop our products, one most notably is Dr. Jefferey Stout.

This is just a little insight on what were doing at MP and will be supplying more information in the future.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Congrats man!

purebred

Would this make you feel better about buying from a company? Here... upper right hand corner of the MT website "A portion of every dollar spent on MuscleTech® supplements is allocated towards funding scientific research to discover new and more effective ways to help increase lean muscle mass and strength, reduce bodyfat and improve athletic performance." There ya go... somewhere between 1 to 99 cents of every dollar is spent on research -- feel better?
In response to your first proposed question: Yes, it would. In response to your second/las question: No, I don't feel satisfied with your response. It's nothing personal, I simply want a solid figure. If you're not able to provide me with an actual # then it's ok. I know certain circumstances may not allow you to be straight-forward about it (e.g. simply not knowing, not having been informed, legal issues, etc.)
Good question. This will be answered very soon in future company announcements. We will be setting the bar on testing, compliance, and results for this industry.
I look forward to seeing a solid number. It delivers a sense of trust and assurance when you choose to invest your hard-earned money into a baby business (with regards to time in business) when it's staff knows what's being done with the consumer's money.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
If anything it will improve our quality. We have some pretty cool things were doing from a R and D side and a compliance side that no one in the industry is doing, which as a consumer will make you feel good about MP.
This consists of extra outside testing of our products for label claims and efficacy of the ingredients, major university clinical studies, and we just built a 30,000 sq ft performance center that has state of the art equipment for the research and development of all MP products. We also have several Top Doctors and scientists who continue to develop our products, one most notably is Dr. Jefferey Stout.

This is just a little insight on what were doing at MP and will be supplying more information in the future.
:bigok:

itzgambino

Awards
Here ya go... http://musclepharm.com/common/download/Alot_of_Info.pdf

uh... pump and dump is VERY COMMON w/ OTC pink sheets..

The amount of financial genius in the thread ::: astounding. Especially the 18 year old w/ the MMA/Model referring to himself in 3rd person that is offering marketing advise. I would say there is quite a difference with regards to reporting between Exchanges and OTC ::: I digress...

Congrats to Brad and crew... the amount of headaches dealing with; paperwork... lawyers.. consultants and especially emotions to pull this off is extremely challenging.

And to the tosser that wanted "info" ... http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/MSLP/financials You know what you are looking at right?[/QUOTE

Firstly, I was not referring to that you cannot do it or that it is not done often I just said there are brokerage houses that do not deal with pink sheets because of the risk involved. And as an investor it is extremely risky especially when it is a naked short, as the market for this stuff is extremely illiquid and volatile and you can be wiped out or find yourself with a margin call very very fast.