LG's new sponsored Athelete: INARIUS!!!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, GMG760 here to welcome the newest member of our LG family aboard, Inarius. He's a very gifted athlete, who is training for powerlifting.

He has been training for the past three years and has made some amazing gains in that short period of time. Here are a few of his stats:

weight: fat (225lbs) <--- he wrote that himself. :lol:
height: 6ft2inches
squat: 425lbs, 315x8
Bench: 285lbs, 275 x2, 225 x9
Deadlift 502lbs, 405 x8

He started at 180 lbs, and has gained 45 lbs in 3 years... damn impressive.

Here are some videos of his lifts:

YouTube- TK_RP_495x1_2010_04_20.mp4

YouTube- TK_FSq_275x3_2010_03_29.mp4

YouTube- TK_DL_405x7_2010_03_18.mp4

YouTube- TK_Sq_385x1_2010_03_15_b.mp4

YouTube- Deadlift 2nd Attempt.mp4

YouTube- Squat 2nd Attempt.mp4

Stoked to have you with us Inarius, Welcome to the LG family! :usa:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I appreciate the love from LG! I hope I can live up to everyone's expectations.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
By the looks of your avi, you already have. ;)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome aboard brother!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats big guy!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I can has samples? :lol:

Congrats TK!

Now you pretty much have to compete this fall/winter eh? :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats LG and TK..keep doing what you both are doing it is obviously working!!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Hellz yea. Inarius is gonna represent. I love the fact we have some of the funniest mofo's on the board on our team as well.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome aboard Tyler! You deserve it bro. :thumbsup: Now go represent you swashbuckler!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Juuuuust kidding. Welcome bud. I'm glad we now sponsor a pirate.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the love guys (no homo)!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Congrats!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im curious about this...would it be better as a power lifter to be short or tall?, hypothetically speaking if both are equally as strong who would have an advantage

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
im curious about this...would it be better as a power lifter to be short or tall?, hypothetically speaking if both are equally as strong who would have an advantage
If you are shorter then your legs and arms are shorter so therefore you have less ROM so the bar has less distance to travel. In general, shorter people have the advantage but there are always the exceptions. Ie: Konstantin Konstantinovs

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Depends. I would say that the taller folk would be able to have the most potential for growth and therefore larger numbers for total lifts.

But POUND FOR POUND, the shorter you are the greater your strength:weight ratio can be.

There are dwarves that are pound for pound the strongest people on the planet. The weights they can move compared to their height/weight their frame will allow is greater than anyone.

Yes, I chose polar opposites (dwarfs vs tall folk) because I'd rather not go into the 5'9 vs 6'2 debate.

In summation, if you're looking for the greatest strength:weight ratio, shorter folk would have the advantage. Greater overall strength, tall folk would have the advantage.

edit - I guess not inb4: :lol:
in after - long arms/legs = larger range of motion blah blah blah.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Congrats bud! You def deserve this.
Congrats man!! It's a win-win combo.
Thanks guys. and glad to see you are still around George. Let me know the next time you are hitting up the gym and I'll try to be there. Wednesdays are off for me right now but lets set up a time to hit the heavy bag and crush some weights.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Congrats bud! :clap2: LG is good people and you should fit in well with them and I'm sure you'll do LG proud. This is what you call a win-win situation here. :thumbsup:

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats!

Are you a competitive powerlifter? Im assuming the #s in your OP are your raw numbers? looking good. Im working on getting my grip strength up myself as I have to go over/under grip in order to DL anything over 400 and I prefer going over/over.

Keep working your bench #s, what type of routine are you doing for it right now? Im working on locking out 365 raw this summer on bench. Max right now is only 335 though so I have my work cut out for me.

Keep up the good work! BTW, My training partner are tremendous DLers (one is 6'2" and right around 500lb DL, the other is 6'4" and I believe has done some rack pulls with up to 625 in only 2-3 yrs training), they have both convinced me that (unlike the bench press) that taller guys have a leverage advantage on DLs ;)

This thread is good motivation for me to keep working my grip. Hopefully 500 wont be too much longer for me on DLs as that has been my lagging lift my whole life until I was taught to do sumo DLs which I have had much better luck with.

Powerlifting ftw, I tend to switch back and forth emphasizing hypertrophy at some points of the yr and strength at others.

Im very interested in which routine you have chose for strength. For me, westside has always worked well. the metal militia bench program is a good one for a struggling bench that you may look into.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Congrats!

Are you a competitive powerlifter? Im assuming the #s in your OP are your raw numbers? looking good. Im working on getting my grip strength up myself as I have to go over/under grip in order to DL anything over 400 and I prefer going over/over.

Keep working your bench #s, what type of routine are you doing for it right now? Im working on locking out 365 raw this summer on bench. Max right now is only 335 though so I have my work cut out for me.

Keep up the good work! BTW, My training partner are tremendous DLers (one is 6'2" and right around 500lb DL, the other is 6'4" and I believe has done some rack pulls with up to 625 in only 2-3 yrs training), they have both convinced me that (unlike the bench press) that taller guys have a leverage advantage on DLs ;)

This thread is good motivation for me to keep working my grip. Hopefully 500 wont be too much longer for me on DLs as that has been my lagging lift my whole life until I was taught to do sumo DLs which I have had much better luck with.

Powerlifting ftw, I tend to switch back and forth emphasizing hypertrophy at some points of the yr and strength at others.

Im very interested in which routine you have chose for strength. For me, westside has always worked well. the metal militia bench program is a good one for a struggling bench that you may look into.
I've competed before and I plan to compete again but I only compete for the fun of it. Those are my raw numbers, I've never used gear before. I've used westside, 5/3/1 and sheiko in the past. Right now I am using a 5/3/1 westside variation that Pmiller posted a while ago.

I am in the middle of planning my first official log as a sponsored athlete.

Slin
AS GT
Igh1
Ghenerate
2 bottles of Formadrol
AP
and whatever other goodies I can think of.

What do you think?

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Chyeaaa! Can't wait for the log bruddah!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established

LG Sciences... I haz them.

Pictured:
BCAA+EAA Blue Raz x3
BCAA+EAA Kiwi Watermelon
Lipoburn
E911
Perfect Carb
Slin x2
Formadrol Extreme x2
Ghenerate x2
Postal
Anadraulic Pump
I-GH-1
Speed V2
Lipotropic Protein - Chocolate

Not Pictured:
Lipotropic Protein - Chocolate Peanut Butter
Anadraulic State GT

I've been saving up for this stack for a while now. Can't wait. Should be amazing.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Then I envy your abilities to save. I am impulsive with money. So either way I envy you and your pirate ways.
it took a while but I figured it was worth it. I have a feeling that this next log may be pretty f*ckn epic. Be on the look out. Booty, plundering, swashbuckling, pr's, wenches... what more could someone ask for?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You scalawag...thar be sum fine booty captain!!