cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
have a strong showing a at regional bodybuilding show

clax

Banned
Awards
how do you get involved in that like where do you start im 18 and really wanna get involved in this..but i have no clue how to

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering how do you get sponsored?
It depends on what you want sponsorship for - bodybuilding competition, sporting competition, etc.

There are many companies out there that welcome applications or queries for sponsorship (i.e. MuscleTech). Then there are companies that will approach you if they want to sponsor you (i.e. Applied Nutriceuticals).

It pays to do your research on the different companies - some focus more o sponsoring bodybuilders, etc. whilst others cover a broader base of sports/athletes. Know which companies you want to represent (it pays to use their products and believe in them as a company; you have to want to and be proud to stand behind them), and how they go about sponsoring athletes, etc. If you query/approach the company, having a strong competition and sporting history/results helps - you have to show them what you can offer them, and why they should sponsor you above someone else.

~Team APPNUT

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
you just need to get out and start doing shows. If you do well they take note and will come to. You have to have some high quality wins before they are gonna invest or give you supplies.

clax

Banned
Awards
thanks Rosie :) I dont care lol i have played football basketball baseball and now lacrosse i guess i kinda have an athletic back ground but i would love to start shows or what ever comes my way :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i would love to be a rep for a company. like app nut or something

clax

Banned
Awards
haha but where do we start i would also love to be a rep!!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks Rosie :) I dont care lol i have played football basketball baseball and now lacrosse i guess i kinda have an athletic back ground but i would love to start shows or what ever comes my way :)
Well, once you know what you want, set goals to get there.

i would love to be a rep for a company. like app nut or something
haha but where do we start i would also love to be a rep!!!!
Reps are different from sponsored athletes. And forum/online reps are different from company reps. Again, some companies will ask for rep applications on the forums (i.e. Neogenix), and others will approach you of they want you to rep for them (i.e. Applied Nutriceuticals). Becoming a rep can be like getting sponsored - companies want to know what you bring to the table, why you should be the one to represent them, how knowledgeable you are about their products (and if you use them), as well as your level of helpfulness and professionalism and knowledge about other relevant topics (i.e. nutrition, supplementation, training, etc.)

~Team APPNUT

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright thank you so much!!!
You definitely want to build a presence and reputation of the forums for knowing your sh*t - it's highly unlikely that "just joiners" and new members will be selected to rep for companies (unless, of course, you already have a reputation that precedes you).

~Team APPNUT

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, once you know what you want, set goals to get there.

Reps are different from sponsored athletes. And forum/online reps are different from company reps. Again, some companies will ask for rep applications on the forums (i.e. Neogenix), and others will approach you of they want you to rep for them (i.e. Applied Nutriceuticals). Becoming a rep can be like getting sponsored - companies want to know what you bring to the table, why you should be the one to represent them, how knowledgeable you are about their products (and if you use them), as well as your level of helpfulness and professionalism and knowledge about other relevant topics (i.e. nutrition, supplementation, training, etc.)

~Team APPNUT
Very well said. A sponsored athlete has to be special. A good person, someone who excels at what they do, is known, popular, and willing to do a lot. You have to be able to help the company. It is a business, if you can't bring them income, your no good. So look at yourself and ask yourself, how will you better a company better than the 90% of other national level bodybuilders not sponsored.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
You definitely want to build a presence and reputation of the forums for knowing your sh*t - it's highly unlikely that "just joiners" and new members will be selected to rep for companies (unless, of course, you already have a reputation that precedes you).

~Team APPNUT
yeah, don't hang out with me... i'll make you dumber :chairfall:

anabayalic

Awards
I never thought anyone would ask that question. It seems like a very hard part of the game to get into. I do believe tht of wat a lot of people said & u got to stick out more than the others. I'm a huge MHP/MUSCLE MEDS fan cause I respect gerard dente & wat he represents & my idol victor martinez is also apart of MHP. They use real people,real products,real results. I haven't made my presence knwn yet but I had a few issues hindering my results but I'm more focused thn b4 & I believe this july when I put up sum updates I wll make waves. I believe good knowledge, good background in the sport,good goals,genetics & sex appeal to go with the package. Sex sells & whn ur good lookin & represent a good body tht people want or wonder how to get there is a good choice. I would back a few companies of supplements I feel have worked cause I doubt I could ever represent a company like muscletech. I'm MHP strong & I believe those r the supps tht give me the extra edge. 99% I believe sponsors will approacch you & u can also try too by makin urself more known & wat ur goals r & they might just take a chance. I wll let u knw whn I get there haha.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Moeller

Moeller

Awards
Very well said. A sponsored athlete has to be special. A good person, someone who excels at what they do, is known, popular, and willing to do a lot. You have to be able to help the company. It is a business, if you can't bring them income, your no good. So look at yourself and ask yourself, how will you better a company better than the 90% of other national level bodybuilders not sponsored.
Sounds like some math is in order :dance:

Sponsered athlete = superman + be a bodybuilder + actually win something as a bodybuilder

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LeanMaShane Training Forum 0