AI's HGH Pro Purple People Eaters Promo

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

It's promo time again, fellas. This time, we're celebrating the release of our new GH boost: HGH Pro.

Here's the promo:

The classic song "Purple People Eaters" is about an extraterrestrial being coming to Earth to join a rock band. As children, many of us had the same aspirations. We wanted to emulate our favorite musicians, whether they were a guitarist, drummer, or singer.

So, what we're looking for is your own personal homage to your favorite rock band and/or musician. The winner shall be chosen by the AI reps/sponsored athletes on March 29th.

Here are the rules:
1. KEEP IT TASTEFUL. There will be zero tolerance of a violation of this policy. Any grey area material should be PM'd to a Mod and me.
2. 1 post per day.
3. Contest ends on March 25th, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST
4. Winners must 18 or over
5. Have not won an AI promo within the past 6 months
6. Open to US residents only (Sorry, foreign AM'ers)

Good luck to all of my AM rock brethren. :head:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys bring on the noise!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wow AI's got so many different ways to get this stuff for cheap and/or free from a promo...amazing guys...keep it up

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards.

suresha

Awards
  • Established
NICE!! BIKESWIMLIVE, good luck

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys bring on the noise!
not a fan of quiet riot-jk/.

my vote goes to led zep-i saw them in 76'-i have seen many concerts in my day, black sabbath/aerosmith/foghat/ac/dc/alice cooper/kiss/allmans/grass roots/guess who/bto/james gang-w/joe walsh/reo/van halen/jethro tull/golden earing/motley crue/ozzie/montrose/rolling stones and pink floyd to name a few.

the only concert that even comes close to led zep is pink floyd.

led zep is my favorite band of all time, period. led zep were making music in the 60's-and are still popular nearly 50 years later. before you youngster start naming todays popular bands, think about this-will your favorite bands of today still be popular 50 years from now-i think probably not! my favorite zep lp is physical grafitti- i can put that cd in and go for hours and never tire of listening to it.

for those of you who are lucky enough to have seen the great LED ZEPPELIN in concert- you know what i am saying-for those of you who never had the chance-rest assured, you really missed out on something great.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting idea Rodja, was this all your doing?

Good luck to all that enter and thanks for the support!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to all the contestants! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
JUDAS PRIEST

nice, i know what a priest fan you are-me too. unfortunately i have never saw them live.

still like led zep better.:smite:

ndeserranno

Awards
Cool promo, already won AI's HGH on another forum :D

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice, i know what a priest fan you are-me too. unfortunately i have never saw them live.

still like led zep better.:smite:
3 times baby. Omaha, Providence twice. I still think I have partial hearing damage. Have you listened to the Nostradamus album. It is a very cool concept album on his life. How can you go wrong with Halford and Tipton:aargh:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 times baby. Omaha, Providence twice. I still think I have partial hearing damage. Have you listened to the Nostradamus album. It is a very cool concept album on his life. How can you go wrong with Halford and Tipton:aargh:
i aint gonna argue you with you about the priest- i have been listening to them since the 70's. but i tell you, there was something magical about seeing led zep live-you knew you were part of something special-pink floyd live was unbelievably cool-but led zep in the 70's were GODS.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i aint gonna argue you with you about the priest- i have been listening to them since the 70's. but i tell you, there was something magical about seeing led zep live-you knew you were part of something special-pink floyd live was unbelievably cool-but led zep in the 70's were GODS.
No arguement from me as I also love Zep and Floyd. Just something about Halfords scream that jacks me up. Priest are the METAL GODS.LOL

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No arguement from me as I also love Zep and Floyd. Just something about Halfords screen that jacks me up. Priest are the METAL GODS.LOL
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD-BABY.:beerchug:

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
TOOL

they just straight up blow my mind in concert.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bottle looks great so do the purple pills. Great job to the person that designed it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No arguement from me as I also love Zep and Floyd. Just something about Halfords scream that jacks me up. Priest are the METAL GODS.LOL
Big Floyd fan here, mostly the older stuff though the wall was a farce for real Floyd fans.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
already won a contest for HGH Pro, and i'll probably get flamed for this but

TUPAC- seems like not to many ppl on here listen to rap but put all the stereotypes aside of what you think rap songs are about and he's the greatest lyrical writer since John Lennon. Every emotion that you could ever feel..theres a Tupac song to it. He wasn't always hard and heavy like some musical ppl and really had a wide array of song variety. Listening to him speak about real world issues and ppl might learn a few things also. When taken into consideration of how much music was bought in the 90's rap is the most widely listened and influential music of all time and Tupac was simply the best at it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
already won a contest for HGH Pro, and i'll probably get flamed for this but

TUPAC- seems like not to many ppl on here listen to rap but put all the stereotypes aside of what you think rap songs are about and he's the greatest lyrical writer since John Lennon. Every emotion that you could ever feel..theres a Tupac song to it. He wasn't always hard and heavy like some musical ppl and really had a wide array of song variety. Listening to him speak about real world issues and ppl might learn a few things also. When taken into consideration of how much music was bought in the 90's rap is the most widely listened and influential music of all time and Tupac was simply the best at it.
wow-to put tupac in the same sentence with john lennon breaks my heart. you have no idea the influence john had on a whole generation-the song imagine was a true work of inspiration. maybe if you would have compared tupac to john denver i would have been ok with that.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Uhm were be the young uns at? I see a Tupac thrown out there, NICE! I am sure there are tons of people who love rap on here by the way. I do. I love any intense music. I can't even imagine trying to figure out my absolute favorite band. So many from so many eras. However if you look at my MP3 Player you would see by and large I have WAY MORE DISTURBED than anything else.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow-to put tupac in the same sentence with john lennon breaks my heart. you have no idea the influence john had on a whole generation-the song imagine was a true work of inspiration. maybe if you would have compared tupac to john denver i would have been ok with that.
Yah that is outright blasphemous. John Lennon was in a league of this own, changed the whole fuggin world. You had to be there.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

John Denver.:toofunny::laugh::haha::rofl:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Honestly guys, you would have to listen to Tupac his lyrics are NOTHING like the rap you hear today or at any other time other than when he was performing them. Trust me Tupac is the John Lennon of rap. His songs and lyrics changed the face of rap. One of the reasons why he is still followed and loved as he is. His lyrics were quite simply poetic peices of art. Just a different form of art than Lennon's. Tupac is in NO way comparable to John Denver... that is an insult to his body of work. I am not knocking John Denver either but trust me unless you have really taken time to listen to and really ingest Tupac's lyrics you can't really make a decision as to if it was of the same caliber as John Lennon. I would put them in the same category talent wise just different genres.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
John Denver.:toofunny::laugh::haha::rofl:
well denver is a much more appropriate john to compare tupac to than lennon. geez-thug music compared to a genius like lennon. i know the youngster who posted that is young but cmon.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly guys, you would have to listen to Tupac his lyrics are NOTHING like the rap you hear today or at any other time other than when he was performing them. Trust me Tupac is the John Lennon of rap. His songs and lyrics changed the face of rap. One of the reasons why he is still followed and loved as he is. His lyrics were quite simply poetic peices of art. Just a different form of art than Lennon's. Tupac is in NO way comparable to John Denver... that is an insult to his body of work. I am not knocking John Denver either but trust me unless you have really taken time to listen to and really ingest Tupac's lyrics you can't really make a decision as to if it was of the same caliber as John Lennon. I would put them in the same category talent wise just different genres.
I don't like anybody being compared to John though, we loved that man and what he stood for. Will never forget him. I think it's cool that my kids have become Beatles fans, few have stood the test of time so well. Music that's so good it's touched generations.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couldn't agree more Kleen..both leaders in their art forms.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lets see how many people even know who the hell tupac is 50 years from now! geez-my bp is through the roof. i am done!!!! i will have a stroke if i hear that stupid comparison one more time. christ almighty.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I listen to wayyyy to many artists to name, but do I think the majority of them will be relevant in 25 years? Absolutely not. Rap sound changes yearly. Don't believe me, just listen to the most popular rap songs from last year, the year before. Do I think they are catchy? Definitely. Are they very talented musicians? No. Think Little John will be relevant in the future. Unless hos and b**ches be running wild with krunk juice....... (that's the world I want to live in).

Also I am only 25 and I love all forms of rock. Stones are my favorite.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lets see how many people even know who the hell tupac is 50 years from now! geez-my bp is through the roof. i am done!!!! i will have a stroke if i hear that stupid comparison one more time. christ almighty.
Not a comparison issue at all BigT. They represent 2 totally different genre but both are leaders in those areas. Who will be remembered more will also be a generational criteria. My son has brought Rap into my world and I have opened his eyes to the music I grew up with.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have an idea, i grew up listening to my dad tell me stories and playing john lennon and beatles and all that kind of stuff, i still hear the stories today even if i've heard them a million times, i was taught the guitar as a child, not a fan of musical instruments though

but growing up in the 90's tupac did the same thing to a whole generation of kids and actually has a bigger audience (bigger population/more ppl buying and listening to music)...imo tupac is the greater influence/song writer but john lennon had a similar influence and style

i knew i was going to get flamed but ppl don't give great rappers credit like tupac and nas the same way they do john lennon or some other musicians from back in the day

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
your joking right? comeon man open your ears alittle...i didn't come in bashing bands like led zepplin even though i don't like or really think their good at all...theres really no need

gnetics18

Awards
LEts get back on track!

One of my favorite duos Gangstarr..yea I figured Id roll with hip-hop today and that good ol rock tommorow..Here is a song that always gets me to think, push myself harder..gets me thru those tough times and always makes me feel stronger..

Gangstarr - Moment of truth.

Chorus: Guru

Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge
You may not know the harships people don't speak of
It's best to step back, and observe with couth
For we all must meet our moment of truth

Verse Two: Guru

Sometimes you gotta dig deep, when problems come near
Don't fear things get severe for everybody everywhere
Why do bad things happen, to good people?
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil...

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have an idea, i grew up listening to my dad tell me stories and playing john lennon and beatles and all that kind of stuff, i still hear the stories today even if i've heard them a million times, i was taught the guitar as a child, not a fan of musical instruments though

but growing up in the 90's tupac did the same thing to a whole generation of kids and actually has a bigger audience (bigger population/more ppl buying and listening to music)...imo tupac is the greater influence/song writer but john lennon had a similar influence and style

i knew i was going to get flamed but ppl don't give great rappers credit like tupac and nas the same way they do john lennon or some other musicians from back in the day
No flame but you need to check things before statements like that one.

How many albums has 2Pac sold worldwide
Tupac has sold over 38 million albums, making him the highest selling rap artist in the world!

According to Guinness World Records, The Beatles hold the record for the "Biggest All Time Sales For A Band" at over one billion records to date (I believe this means singles as well as album sales). I can also tell you that they have sold 168.5 million albums in the US (as of March 8, 2006).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
well denver is a much more appropriate john to compare tupac to than lennon. geez-thug music compared to a genius like lennon. i know the youngster who posted that is young but cmon.
Haha Big T don't get so frustrated, nobody is taking away from Lennon, there are what... 20 years worth of songs out there he wrote and performed. His body of work it unreal. However in there respective genres Tupac and Biggie and NAS are to Rap what, John and even Bob Dylan were to rock.

I don't like anybody being compared to John though, we loved that man and what he stood for. Will never forget him. I think it's cool that my kids have become Beatles fans, few have stood the test of time so well. Music that's so good it's touched generations.
That goes both ways though. I know lots of older people who love Tupac. Like yours with John, there is a huge emotional tie with Tupac because he wrote about feelings and emotions and hope just as much as he did about anger, violence, frustration or even sadness. Not only that but he was one of the first in rap to do this. He was not only a rapper and writer but a talented actor as well, and no this guy wasn't your typical thug he went to a school for the performing arts where he took acting singing and many forms of dance including ballet. He was in no way a hack or untalented, but was quite the opposite.

Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy....
That is just wrong...

Couldn't agree more Kleen..both leaders in their art forms.
Exactly they are both equally important to thier respective genres.

In 25 years unfortunately it may be that more people will be aware of tupac's contributon. He will be the memory of the people who are your age now. Trust me when I say this what John Lennon means to you is what Tupac means to millions of younger people who love rap. As to where to them John Lennon may be completely irrelevant as Tupac is to you. Arguing this point is like arguing that Babe Ruth is more relevant than Micheal Jordan in sports. There is no comparison in what they actually do. So to try to figure out which one was the greatest in sports makes no sense same thing here with musical differences.

Agreed. I listen to wayyyy to many artists to name, but do I think the majority of them will be relevant in 25 years? Absolutely not. Rap sound changes yearly. Don't believe me, just listen to the most popular rap songs from last year, the year before. Do I think they are catchy? Definitely. Are they very talented musicians? No. Think Little John will be relevant in the future. Unless hos and b**ches be running wild with krunk juice....... (that's the world I want to live in).

Also I am only 25 and I love all forms of rock. Stones are my favorite.
Yeah I wouldn't compare Little Jon to Tupac either. Tupac is timeless Bro. Put him on in any club and it is on... Normal dance club, hip hop spot, it does not matter everyone will get up. We can't even argue Tupacs relevance or staying power it isn't like he is still making music to stay in the public eye. It is his legacy and it has left a mark. Lil Jon is catchy and fun and you don't have to know any words to have a good time jamming to it but I can't imagine pulling him out to listen for anything other than a workout. There is a difference between club jams and what Tupac did in a lot of ways.

Not a comparison issue at all BigT. They represent 2 totally different genre but both are leaders in those areas. Who will be remembered more will also be a generational criteria. My son has brought Rap into my world and I have opened his eyes to the music I grew up with.
AMEN!!!!

I was with you until we got to the underlined statement. No way in hell that Tupac has more people buying his stuff than the Beatles Bro. Not now not ever, just the sales off The Beatles Rock Band blows Tupacs sales out of the water. Therecent Anthology release sold millions. That is an entire new generation learning to love the Beatles. As far as their complete bodies f work goes in sales Tupac wont be able to touch the Beatles. Talent-wise and effect on a genre is a different story. I would have loved to see what Tupac was able to do as he matured both as an artist and as a person which is where a lot of John Lennon's greatness came from.

I do agree with your last paragraph though. A lot of people think rap takes no talent and that is wrong. Then they say rappers can't play an instrument, a lot of them can and a lot of them cannot. However an electric guitar was an obamination back in the day. It was completely frowned upon. That isn't music, that is noise. I think that was before the Beatles brought it to the masses. As a matter of fact one producer told the Beatles there "Guitar Music" wouldn't fly over here. LOL Now look at it. We are about to have the same conversation. Someone here will say that a two turntables and or a mixing board are not instruments. I say WRONG and so does Wikipedia - Musical Instrument - A musical instrument is constructed or used for the purpose of making the sounds of music. In principle, anything that produces sound can serve as a musical instrument.

If anything you would liken a rap producer or DJ as more of a composer, he is orchestrating the sounds of other musical instruments whether they be recorded or not, they compose the sounds into music therefore showing great talent and musical ability. To say someone like a Yani is any more talented than Timbaland only shows one thing, a difference in taste in music.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I think all these bands that have been mentioned are great! Everyone has their own tastes and we each have our own opinions but there is no sense in bashing a guy for his opinion . I love all good music and not just from specific genres of music either.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One of my favorite duos Gangstarr..yea I figured Id roll with hip-hop today and that good ol rock tommorow..Here is a song that always gets me to think, push myself harder..gets me thru those tough times and always makes me feel stronger..

Gangstarr - Moment of truth.

Chorus: Guru

Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge
You may not know the harships people don't speak of
It's best to step back, and observe with couth
For we all must meet our moment of truth

Verse Two: Guru

Sometimes you gotta dig deep, when problems come near
Don't fear things get severe for everybody everywhere
Why do bad things happen, to good people?
Seems that life is just a constant war between good and evil...

Very Nice! Even quoted an inspirational part of a song. WELL DONE SIR!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No flame but you need to check things before statements like that one.

How many albums has 2Pac sold worldwide
Tupac has sold over 38 million albums, making him the highest selling rap artist in the world!

According to Guinness World Records, The Beatles hold the record for the "Biggest All Time Sales For A Band" at over one billion records to date (I believe this means singles as well as album sales). I can also tell you that they have sold 168.5 million albums in the US (as of March 8, 2006).
i'm not saying tupac outsold the beatles, the beatles are the greatest band ever bar none, what i meant was for ppl to go platnium back in the 60's or 70's it was much harder than someone to go platnium in the 90's because so many more ppl were around....you also have to take into retrospect, tupac was killed very young and didn't release all the albums he could have...the beatles released every album they wanted to before they broke up and they've had a 40 year jump on record sales before tupac's career was even started....but i think everyone can agree that album sales doesn't mean your great and lack there of doesn't mean ur terrible....and those numbers about tupac's album sales are way off because death row records who owns tupac's material refuses to update his album sales...so those numbers have stayed the same since 1996 or 1997ish

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'm not saying tupac outsold the beatles, the beatles are the greatest band ever bar none, what i meant was for ppl to go platnium back in the 60's or 70's it was much harder than someone to go platnium in the 90's because so many more ppl were around....you also have to take into retrospect, tupac was killed very young and didn't release all the albums he could have...the beatles released every album they wanted to before they broke up and they've had a 40 year jump on record sales before tupac's career was even started....but i think everyone can agree that album sales doesn't mean your great and lack there of doesn't mean ur terrible....and those numbers about tupac's album sales are way off because death row records who owns tupac's material refuses to update his album sales...so those numbers have stayed the same since 1996 or 1997ish
I think what your saying is just that 2pac was for rap what the other guy was for his category :drive: Moving on now...