Appnuts, are you THAT GUY? CONTEST! FREE GIFT CARD TO APPNUT!!!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1] Every gym has one.... most gyms have a few.... you know who I am talking about...."That one guy!"
Who knows... It might even be YOU :)[/size]

[size=+1]We're lookin' for pictures of that guy at your gym.... maybe the one who curls 55 lbs in the squat rack, or it could be that trainer that has his/her clients doing some really jacked up exercise.
Maybe at your gym it's that guy that hisses like a snake on all 15 reps while benching, or perhaps that one guy who wears the fully color coordinated Under Armor outfit w/ matching MP3 player.... we all have one.. and the possibilities are endless... so let's see who's gym is dealing with the worst offender!
[/size]
The contest is simple.... snap a picture of your gym's "That guy" (or gal) and post it in this thread. Include a brief explanation of what he's known for at your gym. Multiple entries allowed.... even encouraged!
Bonus points to anyone who can get "That Guy" to actually pose for the picture; and even more bonus points for videos of "that guy".

We will choose 3 entries on Christmas Eve, 12/24/09. Winners will each receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the AN homepage!

[size=+2]Below is an example pic I found online... Without further ado..... let's get those entries posted!
[/size]

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
worst promo EVER

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it is funny. yeah I have these annoying people at my gym when i am waiting the use the squat rack some person is doing curls in it.

I used to be that guy years ago. now I know better

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
worst promo EVER
Explain to me why your being so negative? I mean honestly dude...what purpose does coming in this thread and saying this is the worst promo ever serve? This is a promo to have fun and for someone to be rewarded simply for having fun and supporting Applied Nutriceuticals. I say drop the negative sarcasm and just roll with it man...maybe you might win.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Explain to me why your being so negative? I mean honestly dude...what purpose does coming in this thread and saying this is the worst promo ever serve? This is a promo to have fun and for someone to be rewarded simply for having fun and supporting Applied Nutriceuticals. I say drop the negative sarcasm and just roll with it man...maybe you might win.

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

It serves two purposes

1. sharing my oppinion with the AM community

2. I'll do BB curls in the squat rack or even on a fu*kin flat bench if thats whats open, and i don't wan't some noob snappin pics of me and posting them on the internet

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
I am excited to see this -- yet I will be pissed if I end up on the internet. :p

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It serves two purposes

2. I'll do BB curls in the squat rack or even on a fu*kin flat bench if thats whats open, and i don't wan't some noob snappin pics of me and posting them on the internet

what gym do you lift at so I can come and snap some pics of you so I can win...:stups:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn I was at the gym today and some skinny kid was on the smith machine benching. But he had 2 45 plates on each side and when he would un rack it he would just move it maybe 1-2 inches back and forth like 3 times and then rack it again. Did it about 4 times... I dunno if it is a actually technique by maybe keeping tension on the chest but I was just like WTF is he doing...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Well if you didn't post in here i would have seen youre from chicago. Youre one in maybe 6 ive seen on here from the area. I think youre safe on the odds man.
You seemed to have taken it a bit to personal. What would make them a noob? Would it really matter since no one knows who you are here anyway?
I think it'd be funny if i got posted up here, but then again i dont do anything to warrant it.:bigok:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ummm me. I will have to take pictures. Yellow socks yellow nike gym shorts with a yellow shirt or black wife beater with my black iphone to match oh and yellow shoes. or I sometimes go retro with DC retro shoes with neon colors and quick siliver shorts. I for sure stick out like a sore thumb and my muscle stim has colored wires which looks funny. I am a weird guy look at my jacked video with yellow socks. Someone even made a comment about them. hahh.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
It serves two purposes

1.) Sharing your opinion in this matter was pointless...it served no good purpose other than to be negative.

2.) Are you really that insecure man?

3.) I am not personally attacking you, but seriously you need to lighten up. For one...so what if someone takes a pic of you...if someone is taking a pic of you take it as a compliment. Always look to be optimistic. In this scenario I would make a complete fool of myself on purpose for the pic because thats me...I just don't give a f*ck. In essence, just humor people and go about your business.

Anyway, don't take anything personal and don't be so damn serious...life is too short for that sh*t.

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
It serves two purposes

lol

cry much?

why so sensitive

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Well if you didn't post in here i would have seen youre from chicago. Youre one in maybe 6 ive seen on here from the area. I think youre safe on the odds man.
You seemed to have taken it a bit to personal. What would make them a noob? Would it really matter since no one knows who you are here anyway?
I think it'd be funny if i got posted up here, but then again i dont do anything to warrant it.:bigok:

lol I wasn't serious about someone snapping a picture of me and posting it here...

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
what gym do you lift at so I can come and snap some pics of you so I can win...:stups:

lol you prob would win cuz you'll be the only entry

anyways enough of the bickering, I support applied.... they got sum good supps... but i don't support haters... basically just means ur insecure

Instead of wasting time checkin out and hating on other dudes at the gym, why don't you smash some weight?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
subbed!

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to drop some pics in here and see all the others.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've got to see if we still have pics from the Olympia...there was a guy there at the expo who wore the most ridiculously short shorts as to display his manly quads.

He was actually pretty big and had good wheels so he didn't need to dress like such a dork...but he was obviously proud of them...which came off very gay.

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
I'll most likely will be snapping pics tomorrow at the gym on my phone as I am bound to see some funny things....

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
oh, man
got to find that guy who comes by benching the bar and struggling while doing it :D

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
will get some pics in here soon :D

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established

Knee wraps, gloves, bar tampon, belt, and QUARTER SQUATS

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
Please take note of the 2.5lb weights on each side and the bar clamps. Strong safety.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
check out this guy doin some major dips......

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Please take note of the 2.5lb weights on each side and the bar clamps. Strong safety.

I LOLed! You know this guy bought the chucks just because he thought it made him look the part. Same guy who was working the Squats?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
check out this guy doin some major dips......

That was both funny and pathetic...it looked like he looked around to make sure no one was watching. :toofunny:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha WIN!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOLzed up in here :toofunny:

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Come on fellas...lets see some of the crazy gym people that are out there. :D

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found a guy but did not have my camera.

when I am training with weights I avoid eye contact with people so they will not approach me if they do i kindly tell them I am busy training and we can talk after i get done working out.

so during weight days I am only focused on the weights, form, technique, injury prevention, etc..maybe Ill find one on cardio days or something..if not no biggie

some of the stuff I see is pretty dang funny

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established

Knee wraps, gloves, bar tampon, belt, and QUARTER SQUATS

i take it you've never heard of partial reps b4??? lol

buffquads

buffquads

Awards
It serves two purposes

Easy dude..don't take it personal. I see nothing wrong with the promo even though you are entitled to your opinion.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to see if I can get a vid, we've got a 250lb dude that runs on the treadmill daily with dress pants, dress shirt, and $20 in change in his pockets!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Action is kinda lacking in here...come on fellas...I know you have more on tap right? :D

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
I used to see a guy at the gym who would have been perfect for this, but I haven't seen him in a long time. :(
The man looked like Kimbo Slice, but much smaller. He would usually wear baseball pants, boots, a wife beater, and a beanie. He also taped his knees with scotch tape. He performed 1/4 reps on everything, and groaned loudly on every rep. He always used weight that was way too heavy, and it looked like the spotter had to do the majority of the work.
He would also flex in the mirror constantly, and talk about how everyone asked him what he was using. Then he would go on about being all natural, and blah blah blah. He actually said he had to stop using creatine because it was making him "too big." :lol:
A lot of us would play along and ask him how he got so huge, or what he was using.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
This last guy was doing wrist curls at the squat rack LOL!!!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
oh man- i gotta remember to take my phone into the gym today and hope that THAT GUY is there...

older dude rocking the Hulkster cul-de-sac/party in the back hairdo, slamming the bike so hard you'd think that its gonna fall over, than jumps on the assisted dip machine, BARELY bending his elbow.. wouldnt even call it a full 1/4 rep.. same on the flat bench- throws 45s on each side like he's a badass, then pulls off like 1/8 reps, all the while looking like he's puttin' up 600lbs raw, the way he's struggling and moaning..

i actually feel sorry for him and want to give him some advice, but who knows with dudes these days, he might snap on me all postal and sh!t...

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
oh man today at the gym this guy was curling a bar with 2.5ibs on each end at a flat bench, i got a picture on my phone gotta get it on here when i get a chance, best part about it, he a solid purple shirt.
will def upload soon