MST's Weekly Weigh-In #5 - Win a FREE tub of Warrior Melon RAGNAROK -original version

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the new weekly contest from the folks here at MST! The rules are simple...we will pose a question each week and we will be taking the answer that we like the most at the end of the week as the winner of the contest. You can post as many times as you like and this contest will end each week on Saturday morning and start each week on Sunday night. You are not required to log the item that you win, but we will not be upset if you choose to log. The call is completely yours!

This week's prize = 1 FREE tub of Ragnarok (warrior melon with caffeine) **old version**

Week #5!!!

Category - Bodybuilding

Question - In light of the "O" upcoming...who was your all time favorite winner and why? :)

Thanks everyone and remember, there is no right or wrong answer here....lets just have some fun with it!!

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Did you ever need more of a winner, Jay Cutler, reaching deep and really pulled it out, look at that guys calfs, and over all size, and definition. Overal great physiqeu, no wonder he came back and KILLED it, but my underdog is still Victor Martinez

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Frank Zane, cause his win wasn't about pure amount of androgen induced mass, it was about his look and proportions

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ARNOLD!!! if you have to ask why-then you don't know shiit.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Lee Haney.....because he showed the best combination of unreal mass and still carried amazing lines. Haney's proportions were all even and and his stomach was under control unlike some of the stomachs of present day. Haney also carried enough mass to compete with the competitors of this day and age. Ronnie's a damn close second though....for the sheer FREAK FACTOR!!!!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I have to saw Ronnie Coleman. Although he began to slip in his later years on top he was in such a tight fight with Flex at the 1999 O. The pure emotion that he showed and that even Flex looked crushed.
It was the begining of a person who had unreal genetics, drive to succeed and a personality. Not a jerk. He was/is funny and fun. Did work when he had too. Worked as a police officer during most of his reigns as Mr. O. How many other BBers worked/work a fulltime job AND not only compete to that level but WIN the O.
Ronnie may be far past his best years now, but he was one of and to me the best.

PS- Dorian was a close second. True mass.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My favorite Mr O as far as work ethic, Dorian Yates.He is the man that in my opinion broke the mental barrier and paved the way for the mass monsters today. He trained extremely heavy, harder than any one of the champions as far as intensity that I have witnessed and although i think he would have had a good body I do not think he would have ever had the sheeer mass and been Mr. O if he did not train with intensity as he is known for.

Other honorable mentions
Lee Haney I am calling him Mr. genetics.
Sergio Oliva super-genetics as well
Arnold - classic
and the rest of the Olympians! they all deserve to win as they did and each one was different.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Arnold-perfect physique in my opinion. Didnt look overly bloated or swelled up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm very torn on this; I love both Dorain and Zane, but for very different reasons. Zane is a physique that I could personally attain, but Dorian is my favorite.

Not only was he a true monster in every sense, but his level of conditioning is something that has never been seen by any Mr O. IMO, he is the rarest of them all because he was a mass-monster, but was always the hardest and driest BB'er at each show. Even to this day, there has never been a better back than Dorain's, IMO.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
I would have to say my favorite mr. o winner is Ronnie Coleman! during yes earlier winnings he had a beautiful composition of definition and Mass. As time passed he focus primarily on mass but was revolutionizing mass in bodybuilding and taking them to extraordinary heights!

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dorian Yates. The man looked like he was chiseled out of granite. Absolutely ridiculous.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
My favorite winner was also Arnold - his last victory especially, as he did it simply to prove that he was the man. His physique was simply amazing, his stage presence light years ahead of his competitors.

Let me add though - my other favorite is Franco Columbo - he was at such a disadvantage due to his height, but still fought to the end, and always showed up in amazing shape and condition. A true legend for sure.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
ummm, columbu won the olympia!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Larry Scott...the guy was a pioneer of his time and had a fabulous build considering the "Tools" he had to work with. His arms were phenomenal. What can I say...I'm old school!!

Ohamifat

Awards
Dexter looked absolutely shredded last year. Cutler this year, looked amazing, totally ripped and exploding in size (damn that just sounds sick now that ive said it) . Ronnie is, in my opinion the greatist of all time...8 in a row...and just a bit more sculpted than Haney was. BUT, If i had to choose one out of all of those Cutler wins hands down for THIS year. He was a freakin animal. On a side note, the 202 class this year was by far my favorite part of this years Mr O. Its inspiring seeing athletes that have figures that are attainable without having the freakishly huge bodybuilding gene. Hopefully next year ill be in Vegas to witness it live rather than watching from my computer.

BTW, whats changed in Ragnarok (you discription above says "old version")? I used to use the Stim-free Rag and loved it.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
THE MYTH!!!

Sergio Olyvia's "Victory" pose is what i look at everyday before i hit the gym.

he was the only man to beat Arnold @ the Olympia, if i recall correctly.

... and he beat him a second time IMO... he got robbed in '70.

dude's arms were THICK.

lilsugaro6490

lilsugaro6490

Awards
This guy may not have been the best actor, and he is CERTAINLY not the best governor, but Arnold definitely takes the cake when it comes to Mr. Olympia. After losing his first year in the contest, the man set out for victory and proved his determination through the early 70's.

IMO, Arnold's chest is still yet to be matched in size and solidness, and his carved up legs are in the top 3 all-time. Just a perfect example of a classic bodybuilder with the will to succeed, and at such a young age!

Arnold Shwarz gets my vote for best Mr. O! (but not for best governor) :-D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
arnold did more for bodybuilding than anyone else even comes close to. arnold brought bodybuilding to the masses. arnold made bb'ing cool. arnold was much more than a body, arnold was a personality. arnold was a STAR. most people don't know who those other guy's even are, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS ARNOLD.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Top 3 Legs of alltime? Really? Arnold was awesome from the waist up but he's definitely not known for his legs. But this is personal opinion, so everyones entitled to their opinion. Your statement just really threw me off.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Arnold was not known for his legs that's for sure. Tom Platz on the otherhand!!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Platz was a leg monster....He was the original monster of wheels before paul demayo and branch warren.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
god that's sick.....wheels from hell!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Arnold was not known for his legs that's for sure. Tom Platz on the otherhand!!
all i can say is, what influence did tom have on the sport of bodybuilding. arnold brought bb to the big stage. arnolds influence will be seen for many years to come. arnold took bb to another level. btw how many events does tom have named after him. in the 70's bodybuilding was looked on as a freak show, arnold along with the weider brothers brought respectability to it. the 1977 movie pumping iron inspired many to join gyms and start working out-gym memberships increased by the tens of thousands during this time. i was a senior in hs in 77 and had been lifting half assed since 72, after watching pumping iron i got serious. when i graduated high school my school didn't even have a weight room. many of us football players had memberships at local gym, by 1978 manual hs, my old school had a weight room. no one else in the history of body building has had the influence that arnold had-and probably never will. arnold was a true inspiration to a whole generation of kids, a long time before conan.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
The question wasn't about who influenced people to bodybuild and who did the most for bodybuilding, it was who was the best mr. olympia of alltime. We were just stating the facts that arnold legs were a weak area compared to most mr. olympia, which kind of takes away from a physique.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Apparently I misread the question...still leaving the answer though

Kevin Levrone,

He is a testament to the TRUE nature of bodybuilding. GENETICS. this man didn't train more often than me did and had insane ideas on steroids (winny bloats you and gives gyno??). Nothing me did was right but he still contended for the Olympia every year. Anyone interested in high level bodybuilding should use him and an example of the reality of things. People look at bodybuilders and say, "Hey I lift weights, I can get bigger...I want to do that." But no one who is not already on a path to be a top athlete looks at Lebron James and says "I have legs, I can jump 5 feet in the air too!"

Also it shows how little we know about the muscular system. I would love to see his growth factors, myostatin levels and muscle cell count tested. He could be a great benefit to the science of muscle gain.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The question wasn't about who influenced people to bodybuild and who did the most for bodybuilding, it was who was the best mr. olympia of alltime. We were just stating the facts that arnold legs were a weak area compared to most mr. olympia, which kind of takes away from a physique.
the question was 'who is your favorite mr.o of all time and WHY'. my point is that how do you know there would even be a mr.o competition today if arnold had not brought it the limelight and popularity he did. like i said bodybuilding was thought of as nothing more than a freakshow before arnold. arnold paved the way, and that is WHY he is my pick.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the question was 'who is your favorite mr.o of all time and WHY'. my point is that how do you know there would even be a mr.o competition today if arnold had not brought it the limelight and popularity he did. like i said bodybuilding was thought of as nothing more than a freakshow before arnold. arnold paved the way, and that is WHY he is my pick.
Ha I messed up the question... wow...

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has to be ARNOLD come on guys who else has a competition and a whole weekend dedicated to them and what they did for the sport ? anybody anybody ???

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sigh. Nobody is saying your pick is wrong, just lilsugaro6490 said that Arnold's legs were in his top 3 of all time and that just is crazy talk. Arnold did more for bodybuilding than just about anyone else but his legs were weak compared to most olympia competitors relative to his upper body.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Thank you EasyEJL.....I was never arguing Arnold's impact on bodybuilding, i was just stating that his physique was not that complete compared to other Mr. Olympia.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
agreed.....

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
but couldn't one also say that one man selling out paved the way for 3/4ths of the people who even care about bodybuilding now to get involved? :nana:

ps - for reference, i'm just playing devils advocate here...my opinion means nothing

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
deep....never looked at it that way!

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
True - if not for Arnold - where would the sport be today? Would Olympia be what it is? Its an epic event - all week if you've ever been to it in Vegas.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True - if not for Arnold - where would the sport be today? Would Olympia be what it is? Its an epic event - all week if you've ever been to it in Vegas.
this last weekend was the best time i've had in years :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Arnold is a complete sell out in my opinion...
SELL OUT!!! if you know anything about arnold you will know that he said from the beginning that he was just using body building as a stepping stone. there is no way arnold or anyone else for that matter could have guessed that body building would take off and become the big business that it became, how could you possibly blame the man for wanting to cash in on his success. geez:cussing:

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
It's funny how everyone keeps going back to the impact he had but your still not addressing the fact that he was a highly flawed mr. olympia compared to others. I'm not going argue his impact anymore as it's a stupid argument and everyone knows the impact he had. All I'm trying to discuss is olympia physiques and who had the best one.

P.S. are you sure you know why people call arnold a sellout? Go check out Bigger, Faster, Stronger as it touches on a few reasons.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's funny how everyone keeps going back to the impact he had but your still not addressing the fact that he was a highly flawed mr. olympia compared to others. I'm not going argue his impact anymore as it's a stupid argument and everyone knows the impact he had. All I'm trying to discuss is olympia physiques and who had the best one.

P.S. are you sure you know why people call arnold a sellout? Go check out Bigger, Faster, Stronger as it touches on a few reasons.
every single person i looked up to as a kid has been cut down to size as less than what i thought they were when i was younger. but that doesn't change the impact they had on me, and why i THINK ARNOLD IS THE BEST MR.O.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
btw-i also think the beatles/rolling stones/led zepelin/and aerosmith are sell outs, but that doesnt change the impact they had on music. when you get older you will realize how important the impact you leave is.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
I forgot cause i'm 18 right? And when i'm older i'll better understand, lol......Fine you've chosen Arnold for his impact! It's your opinion and your entitled to it but thanks for not discussing his physique at all. You still don't seem to understand i'm not arguing his impact! I'm just trying to discuss olympia physiques.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I forgot cause i'm 18 right? And when i'm older i'll better understand, lol......Fine you've chosen Arnold for his impact! It's your opinion and your entitled to it but thanks for not discussing his physique at all. You still don't seem to understand i'm not arguing his impact! I'm just trying to discuss olympia physiques.
it's ok. i understand completely, i was 18 once. and the question was not who has the best physique, that is the direction you chose to go. i merely took another direction.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
For one i'm 29....For two all i'm wanting to do is discuss physiques!!...There is no right or wrong answer here. You can have a pat on the back for your reasoning if you want but it's still not going to make either of us right or wrong. All i've simply stated is that i don't agree with you because i don't think arnold doesn't have on of the greatest olympia physiques of all time. Sorry if my opinion doesn't match yours....Must be tough to be always right!

lilsugaro6490

lilsugaro6490

Awards
Top 3 Legs of alltime? Really?
I was referring to the "shredded" appearance of his legs, not size or strength. Arnold was one of the VERY FEW Mr. Olympia's that looks natural; most of them, (like Cutler and especially Coleman) look unnatural.

example: see - olympiawinners . com

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough.... I can definitely understand that not everone enjoys that unnatural look! Thanks for explaining and giving some insight into your choice.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For one i'm 29....For two all i'm wanting to do is discuss physiques!!...There is no right or wrong answer here. You can have a pat on the back for your reasoning if you want but it's still not going to make either of us right or wrong. All i've simply stated is that i don't agree with you because i don't think arnold doesn't have on of the greatest olympia physiques of all time. Sorry if my opinion doesn't match yours....Must be tough to be always right!
lol, good post. i can be hard headed at times. btw thank you for the laugh, your last sentence had me rofl. good thing my wife didn't see that, i might never get her up off the floor, lol.