MST's Weekly Weigh-In #5 - Win a FREE tub of Warrior Melon RAGNAROK -original version

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

MST's Weekly Weigh-In #5 - Win a FREE tub of Warrior Melon RAGNAROK -original version

Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

2. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.95%

Welcome to the new weekly contest from the folks here at MST! The rules are simple...we will pose a question each week and we will be taking the answer that we like the most at the end of the week as the winner of the contest. You can post as many times as you like and this contest will end each week on Saturday morning and start each week on Sunday night. You are not required to log the item that you win, but we will not be upset if you choose to log. The call is completely yours!

This week's prize = 1 FREE tub of Ragnarok (warrior melon with caffeine) **old version**

Week #5!!!

Category - Bodybuilding

Question - In light of the "O" upcoming...who was your all time favorite winner and why?

Thanks everyone and remember, there is no right or wrong answer here....lets just have some fun with it!!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Did you ever need more of a winner, Jay Cutler, reaching deep and really pulled it out, look at that guys calfs, and over all size, and definition. Overal great physiqeu, no wonder he came back and KILLED it, but my underdog is still Victor Martinez
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Frank Zane, cause his win wasn't about pure amount of androgen induced mass, it was about his look and proportions
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

ARNOLD!!! if you have to ask why-then you don't know shiit.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Lee Haney.....because he showed the best combination of unreal mass and still carried amazing lines. Haney's proportions were all even and and his stomach was under control unlike some of the stomachs of present day. Haney also carried enough mass to compete with the competitors of this day and age. Ronnie's a damn close second though....for the sheer FREAK FACTOR!!!!
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.38%

I have to saw Ronnie Coleman. Although he began to slip in his later years on top he was in such a tight fight with Flex at the 1999 O. The pure emotion that he showed and that even Flex looked crushed.
    It was the begining of a person who had unreal genetics, drive to succeed and a personality. Not a jerk. He was/is funny and fun. Did work when he had too. Worked as a police officer during most of his reigns as Mr. O. How many other BBers worked/work a fulltime job AND not only compete to that level but WIN the O.
    Ronnie may be far past his best years now, but he was one of and to me the best.

PS- Dorian was a close second. True mass.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

My favorite Mr O as far as work ethic, Dorian Yates.He is the man that in my opinion broke the mental barrier and paved the way for the mass monsters today. He trained extremely heavy, harder than any one of the champions as far as intensity that I have witnessed and although i think he would have had a good body I do not think he would have ever had the sheeer mass and been Mr. O if he did not train with intensity as he is known for.

Other honorable mentions
    Lee Haney I am calling him Mr. genetics.
    Sergio Oliva super-genetics as well
    Arnold - classic
    and the rest of the Olympians! they all deserve to win as they did and each one was different.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Arnold-perfect physique in my opinion. Didnt look overly bloated or swelled up.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.1%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm very torn on this; I love both Dorain and Zane, but for very different reasons. Zane is a physique that I could personally attain, but Dorian is my favorite.

Not only was he a true monster in every sense, but his level of conditioning is something that has never been seen by any Mr O. IMO, he is the rarest of them all because he was a mass-monster, but was always the hardest and driest BB'er at each show. Even to this day, there has never been a better back than Dorain's, IMO.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.86%

I would have to say my favorite mr. o winner is Ronnie Coleman! during yes earlier winnings he had a beautiful composition of definition and Mass. As time passed he focus primarily on mass but was revolutionizing mass in bodybuilding and taking them to extraordinary heights!
    Your Competitive Advantage
    Lift Smart, Lift Hard, Lift For a Lifetime
  12. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.95%

awesome answers so far everyone
    www.millenniumsport.net
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dorian Yates. The man looked like he was chiseled out of granite. Absolutely ridiculous.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.66%

My favorite winner was also Arnold - his last victory especially, as he did it simply to prove that he was the man. His physique was simply amazing, his stage presence light years ahead of his competitors.

Let me add though - my other favorite is Franco Columbo - he was at such a disadvantage due to his height, but still fought to the end, and always showed up in amazing shape and condition. A true legend for sure.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

ummm, columbu won the olympia!
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Larry Scott...the guy was a pioneer of his time and had a fabulous build considering the "Tools" he had to work with. His arms were phenomenal. What can I say...I'm old school!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.5%

Dexter looked absolutely shredded last year. Cutler this year, looked amazing, totally ripped and exploding in size (damn that just sounds sick now that ive said it) . Ronnie is, in my opinion the greatist of all time...8 in a row...and just a bit more sculpted than Haney was. BUT, If i had to choose one out of all of those Cutler wins hands down for THIS year. He was a freakin animal. On a side note, the 202 class this year was by far my favorite part of this years Mr O. Its inspiring seeing athletes that have figures that are attainable without having the freakishly huge bodybuilding gene. Hopefully next year ill be in Vegas to witness it live rather than watching from my computer.

BTW, whats changed in Ragnarok (you discription above says "old version")? I used to use the Stim-free Rag and loved it.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%

THE MYTH!!!

Sergio Olyvia's "Victory" pose is what i look at everyday before i hit the gym.

he was the only man to beat Arnold @ the Olympia, if i recall correctly.

... and he beat him a second time IMO... he got robbed in '70.

dude's arms were THICK.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.93%

This guy may not have been the best actor, and he is CERTAINLY not the best governor, but Arnold definitely takes the cake when it comes to Mr. Olympia. After losing his first year in the contest, the man set out for victory and proved his determination through the early 70's.

IMO, Arnold's chest is still yet to be matched in size and solidness, and his carved up legs are in the top 3 all-time. Just a perfect example of a classic bodybuilder with the will to succeed, and at such a young age!

Arnold Shwarz gets my vote for best Mr. O! (but not for best governor) :-D
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

arnold did more for bodybuilding than anyone else even comes close to. arnold brought bodybuilding to the masses. arnold made bb'ing cool. arnold was much more than a body, arnold was a personality. arnold was a STAR. most people don't know who those other guy's even are, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS ARNOLD.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

Top 3 Legs of alltime? Really? Arnold was awesome from the waist up but he's definitely not known for his legs. But this is personal opinion, so everyones entitled to their opinion. Your statement just really threw me off.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Arnold was not known for his legs that's for sure. Tom Platz on the otherhand!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

Platz was a leg monster....He was the original monster of wheels before paul demayo and branch warren.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.65%

Tom Platz legs...

Attachment 30181
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

god that's sick.....wheels from hell!!!!
  26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Arnold was not known for his legs that's for sure. Tom Platz on the otherhand!!
    all i can say is, what influence did tom have on the sport of bodybuilding. arnold brought bb to the big stage. arnolds influence will be seen for many years to come. arnold took bb to another level. btw how many events does tom have named after him. in the 70's bodybuilding was looked on as a freak show, arnold along with the weider brothers brought respectability to it. the 1977 movie pumping iron inspired many to join gyms and start working out-gym memberships increased by the tens of thousands during this time. i was a senior in hs in 77 and had been lifting half assed since 72, after watching pumping iron i got serious. when i graduated high school my school didn't even have a weight room. many of us football players had memberships at local gym, by 1978 manual hs, my old school had a weight room. no one else in the history of body building has had the influence that arnold had-and probably never will. arnold was a true inspiration to a whole generation of kids, a long time before conan.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

The question wasn't about who influenced people to bodybuild and who did the most for bodybuilding, it was who was the best mr. olympia of alltime. We were just stating the facts that arnold legs were a weak area compared to most mr. olympia, which kind of takes away from a physique.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Apparently I misread the question...still leaving the answer though

Kevin Levrone,

He is a testament to the TRUE nature of bodybuilding. GENETICS. this man didn't train more often than me did and had insane ideas on steroids (winny bloats you and gives gyno??). Nothing me did was right but he still contended for the Olympia every year. Anyone interested in high level bodybuilding should use him and an example of the reality of things. People look at bodybuilders and say, "Hey I lift weights, I can get bigger...I want to do that." But no one who is not already on a path to be a top athlete looks at Lebron James and says "I have legs, I can jump 5 feet in the air too!"

Also it shows how little we know about the muscular system. I would love to see his growth factors, myostatin levels and muscle cell count tested. He could be a great benefit to the science of muscle gain.
    Last edited by justreading; 09-29-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: see bolded up top
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%

Quote Originally Posted by punthra View Post
    The question wasn't about who influenced people to bodybuild and who did the most for bodybuilding, it was who was the best mr. olympia of alltime. We were just stating the facts that arnold legs were a weak area compared to most mr. olympia, which kind of takes away from a physique.
    the question was 'who is your favorite mr.o of all time and WHY'. my point is that how do you know there would even be a mr.o competition today if arnold had not brought it the limelight and popularity he did. like i said bodybuilding was thought of as nothing more than a freakshow before arnold. arnold paved the way, and that is WHY he is my pick.
  30. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    the question was 'who is your favorite mr.o of all time and WHY'. my point is that how do you know there would even be a mr.o competition today if arnold had not brought it the limelight and popularity he did. like i said bodybuilding was thought of as nothing more than a freakshow before arnold. arnold paved the way, and that is WHY he is my pick.
    Ha I messed up the question... wow...
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    Ha I messed up the question... wow...
    google bodybuilding in 1970's. today's bodybuilders owe a huge debt to arnold.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.09%

It has to be ARNOLD come on guys who else has a competition and a whole weekend dedicated to them and what they did for the sport ? anybody anybody ???
  33. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

sigh. Nobody is saying your pick is wrong, just lilsugaro6490 said that Arnold's legs were in his top 3 of all time and that just is crazy talk. Arnold did more for bodybuilding than just about anyone else but his legs were weak compared to most olympia competitors relative to his upper body.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

Thank you EasyEJL.....I was never arguing Arnold's impact on bodybuilding, i was just stating that his physique was not that complete compared to other Mr. Olympia.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.83%

ARNOLD!!! if you have to ask why-then you don't know shiit.
    Arnold is a complete sell out in my opinion...
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

agreed.....
  37. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.95%

but couldn't one also say that one man selling out paved the way for 3/4ths of the people who even care about bodybuilding now to get involved?

ps - for reference, i'm just playing devils advocate here...my opinion means nothing
    www.millenniumsport.net
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.73%

deep....never looked at it that way!
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.66%

True - if not for Arnold - where would the sport be today? Would Olympia be what it is? Its an epic event - all week if you've ever been to it in Vegas.
  40. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Nole1 View Post
    True - if not for Arnold - where would the sport be today? Would Olympia be what it is? Its an epic event - all week if you've ever been to it in Vegas.
    this last weekend was the best time i've had in years

Similar Forum Threads

1. MST's Weekly Weigh-In #6 - Win a FREE bottle of ZMK
    By CTDeuce in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
  2. MST's weekly weigh in #3 - Win a FREE bottle of MycoGreen!!!
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 10:09 PM
  3. MST's Weekly Weigh In - win a FREE bottle of Cre-02!!!
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 09:31 PM
  4. MST's Weekly Weigh In - win a FREE bottle of Cre-02!!! (link)
    By CTDeuce in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 02:07 PM
  5. Dave Rocks the Rag - Warrior Melon (Caffeine Free) - 2 Thumbs Way Up!
    By Palo Alto Labs in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 09:00 AM