MST's Weekly Weigh-In #4 - Win a FREE bottle of Athlytes AND a FREE bottle of Spirit

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the new weekly contest from the folks here at MST! The rules are simple...we will pose a question each week and we will be taking the answer that we like the most at the end of the week as the winner of the contest. You can post as many times as you like and this contest will end each week on Saturday morning and start each week on Sunday night. You are not required to log the item that you win, but we will not be upset if you choose to log. The call is completely yours!

This week's prize = 1 FREE bottle of Athlytes AND 1 FREE bottle of Spirit by Bellezza Botanicals!!!

Week #4!!!

Category - Sports/Pride

Question - “REP YO TEAM!!" Tell us why where your team (no matter what sport) is the team to beat. REMEMBER....even if you are a Baltimore Orioles or some other team that doesn't get much "cred"....your REASON as to WHY could secure you the products available!!

Thanks everyone and remember, there is no right or wrong answer here....lets just have some fun with it!!

Wingd

Awards
Our Arena Football team the Spokane Shock! Credit where credit is due we dominate our opponents and win championships every year, 2006 Arenacup champions and this year we went 15-1 as the #1 western AF2 team. Plus in the off-season members of the Spokane Shock participate in Mixed Martial Arts, how badass is that? Games are always filled with excitement and the fans are always chearing. The most entertaining Arena Football team you'll find.

War Spokane Shock :swordfight:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pittsburgh Steelers...need I say more? I mean Superbowl Champs last year with a total of 6 rings.
Big Ben is a massive quarterback that is like a symbol of strength. The man is tough as hell to takedown and scrambles to make big plays down field.
The running game isn't quite what it used to be but Willie Parker has blazing speed that can take it the distance and a young back in Mendenhall.
Hines Ward embodies what a WR should be and has been a role model to other Steeler WRs. The love he shows for the game is contagious. Ever watch him play the man is ALWAYS smiling! Plus he is hands down the best blocking WR in the league. He has rubbed off on Santonio Holmes who has emerged as a legit #1 WR with not only big play capability but also consisitency.
Heath Miller is a big pass catching TE who gets own when he needs to and doesnt mind blocking.
The defensive linemen for the Steelers are unselfish as they take on multiple offensive linemen so the linebackers can run free. They are mountains that are hard to move.
The linebackers flat out make plays. Everytime they are near the quarterback they are looking to cause a fumble. Cant forget about James Harrison's momentum changing int return for a touchdown in the Superbowl.
The corners lockdown WRs so Troy Polamalu(when healthy, hoping for a speedy recovery) can run around a cause havoc against the run and the pass.
The coaches are just something else to D1ck Lebeau stuck around after Cowher left to keep the defense running great. Mike Tomlin has def does his part to keep Steelers fans happy. Have to love the tradition of the Rooney's of hiring young coaches and keeping them around to provide stability to the orginization. None of this carousel of coaches coming and going like most teams in the NFL these days.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
St Louis Cardinals. Excellent team this season with the addition of Matt Holliday and other people there team has become really good. I wish they could keep holliday but the chances of that are probably pretty slim. Also, cardinals short stop Brendan Ryan........need I say more? The dude is a stud he can catch anything at all costs lol. Pujols is a beast and much to be feared when up to bat.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
The Yankees are the team to beat in baseball. No, this is not the underdog story that you probably want, but there is no team more likely to win a championship in all of sports. For the first time in a long time, the Yankees have actually spent their money well. The Yankees have the best team in baseball. They loaded up their team with a couple star players in the offseason (C.C. Sabathia, A.J. Burnett, and most importanly Mark Teixeira) that know how to win. The Yankees have the best record in baseball and have been on fire the last two months. It's nearly impossible to shut down an offense that features so many all-stars. Almost every guy in the lineup is a threat to hit one out of the park at any time and they hit for average and have a high on-base percentage. The Yankees have a .284 team batting average and .362 on-base percentage which are astronomical numbers. There is no weak spot in the order and no one to pitch around. Then there's the pitching. Sabathia, Burnett, and Pettitte are a very formidable front three and are almost deadly in a playoff series when you only need three or four starters to begin with. Sabathia is one of the best pitchers in baseball, Burnett has some of the best stuff in baseball, and Pettitte is a proven winner in the postseason. Pettitte has always pitched his best games when it matters most and I wouldn't have anyone else on the mound in a big spot. Then you get to the most underrated component of the Yankees- defense. You've probably never heard of anyone talking about the Yankee defense because the Yankees of old had always had big boppers and slugs in the field that just couldn't get the job done- not so much the case anymore. Jeter has worked on his overly-critiqued defense to regain his form and get to more balls than he has in the past. Then there's A-Rod at third, one of the best true athletes in the game; he can make any play on the field. Cano has turned out to be a true gem not only with his bat but with his glove as well. If you've ever watched a Yankee game, one thing that sticks out more than anything is Cano's freakish quickness getting the ball out of his glove and to the destination. I've never seen anyone like him before- it's incredible. Then there's the most important part of the Yankee defense in Mark Teixeira. The infielders aren't pressured to make the perfect throw because they know Mark can and will grab anything. He's saved the defense many errors and made so many sparkling plays over the course of the year. Without a doubt, he will win the Gold Glove award this year. I haven't even talked about his bat which has hit for a .290 average, 37 homeruns, and 118 RBI's. Everyone on the team is contributing in all aspects of the game and there's no team in the league that can stand in their way this year. The Steinbrenners finally have the team that's worth all the money they throw into it.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Phoenix Coyotes!! We might be looking for a new home soon!! It is a bunch of no-name young kids mixed in with some veterans trying to earn some respect. We don't have Superstars on this team, excluding the coach of course!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the indianapolis colts. why-well what else do we have, the pacers suck, don't have mlb or mlh and the 500 don't mean crap anymore. oh, one more thing, did i mention peyton manning. manning symbolizes the good in sports imo, and i consider my team very fortunate to have him represent our city. btw i have been a colts fan since the days of frank kush and mike pagel, believe me it's much more fun to win.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
the indianapolis colts. why-well what else do we have, the pacers suck, don't have mlb or mlh and the 500 don't mean crap anymore. oh, one more thing, did i mention peyton manning. manning symbolizes the good in sports imo, and i consider my team very fortunate to have him represent our city. btw i have been a colts fan since the days of frank kush and mike pagel, believe me it's much more fun to win.
Wow, and I thought Colts fans were few and far between. Welcome to the brotherhood. :wink1:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow, and I thought Colts fans were few and far between. Welcome to the brotherhood. :wink1:
brother i was there when robert irsay and the first mayflower trucks came to town. i hated the cheap old bastard for not spending the money to make the colts better, but everytime i go to pay my respects to my aunt, i always go to his monument at crown hill and say thanks to the old geezer for bringing the colts to indy. i bleed blue!

Smith70592

New Orleans Saints is the team to beat this year in the NFL!

This season, Drew Brees has gotten off to scorching start, leading the Saints to a 2-0 record while passing for 669 yards and nine touchdowns. His nine touchdown passes are tied for the most ever in the first two games of a season. New Orleans has scored at least 45 points in each of the first two games to become just the fourth team in NFL history to score 45+ points in the first two games of a season.

Drew Brees has got it all. Not just physical skills , but he’s got an offensive-minded head coach, a play-caller that likes to wing it and a good group of receivers and backs that have good hands and can get the yards after the catch. He’s thrown for 300 yards in 50 percent of his games, which is amazing. Some guys do that maybe five times in their career, yet he’s done it 25 out of 50 times in his career with the Saints.

Newly acquired Darren Sharper has emerged as the leader of secondary that needed direction and playmakers. The addition of Sharper immediately strengthened the secondary by bringing a proven performer with playmaking ability, leadership skills and a wealth of experience. He leads all active NFL players with 54 interceptions.

Thru the first two games of the season Sharper has 4 tackles and 3 interceptions (1 for a touchdown)

BEEN A LONG TIME COMING!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
This season, Drew Brees has gotten off to scorching start, leading the Saints to a 2-0 record while passing for 669 yards and nine touchdowns. His nine touchdown passes are tied for the most ever in the first two games of a season!
Im not arguing that the saints are a very good team...but Brees passes for so many TD's because you guys have ZERO run game, haha. Your first round pick at running back a few years ago can't break one for 8 yards, so he catches short passes and takes them to the house....thus increasing Brees' TD score.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im not arguing that the saints are a very good team...but Brees passes for so many TD's because you guys have ZERO run game, haha. Your first round pick at running back a few years ago can't break one for 8 yards, so he catches short passes and takes them to the house....thus increasing Brees' TD score.
They had one with Deuce and it appears that might have something going on with Mike Bell. But mr USC has been a disappointment trying to run the ball for the most part.

Smith70592

Drew might have found his running game to compartment that high power passing game he has in Mike Bell. He is a proven, hard-nosed runner who joined the Saints late last season. Bell ran for 143 yards on 28 carries against Detroit. It was the most by a Saints running back in one game since McAllister’s 143 in a January 2007 playoff game against the Eagles (I know it was against the Lions but LOL)

Last week he had 17 carries for 86 yards and 1 touchdown against a highly praised Eagles defense. Averaging 5.1 yards per carry. Not bad at all

As for Bush. He refuses to carry the ball up the middle with any conviction! That is the absolute opposite way Bell is running the ball this season for the Saints.

Herm Edwards has pick the Bill's over the Saints this Sunday :icon_lol:

Smith70592

They had one with Deuce and it appears that might have something going on with Mike Bell. But mr USC has been a disappointment trying to run the ball for the most part.
WHO Dat !!! Too all those none believers :nana:

It has been along time coming!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I am a college football fan and I believe that the Ohio State Buckeyes are the team to beat. They are always the team that is asked, "How are they so high in the Big 10 rankings this year?" and they always seem to show up. They had a shaky start of the season against USC, but they played a hell of a lot better than most expected against such as good team in the SEC. Here are a few reasons why:

First of all, we have Terrell Pryor. Number one draft pick quarterback and still young. He is devastating in and out of the pocket -- and you better not let him run. Similar to a young Michael Vick. Once he develops his arm, hopefully this season -- good bye. He was already breaking USC lineman tackles.

Dan Herron. A great replacement to Beanie Wells and he learned from one of the best having Beanie on his team. A quick, decisive runner -- he is strong. Again, he is still developing and once he does -- the run and pass game will be killer for the Bucks.

Jim Tressel. This is the coach OSU needs to hold onto. Buckeye fans are ruthless and they say he plays to conservative -- aka -- he plays not to lose, he doesn't play to win. I believe his sentiment and game style are going to begin to change as he often pleases the fans. Once he realizes he has the talent on his team to do big things, big things are going to happen.

I am excited for the rest of the college football season to see what this team can do. They are going to be a wrecking ball the rest of the season and definitely next year. GO BUCKS!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
The Florida State Seminoles

Its a muggy fall Saturday evening in Tallahassee. You're sitting 73 rows up in the Northeast corner of the stadium, the seats under you are rocking. Everyone is standing up, right arm raised, CHOPPING it up. The Marching Chiefs are in full tilt, playing Warchant, 83,000 chanting fans, "whoooo, ooo, ooo, ooaahh...." and you see Osceola and Renegade head towards the 50 yard line. Osceola raises the burning spear into the air raising the noise level even higher before planting the burning spear into the 50 yard line, while crazed Seminole players stare down their opponents who are wondering if they'll leave the stadium on crutches or a stretcher.

Being an FSU fan isn't a 3 hour hobby on Saturdays - its an event. From the tailgate starting at 7am to the after party after the game that ends at 3am.

From driving up for the home games, even though its a 5 hour drive, intentionally driving through Gainesville and other "Gaytor" country towns - to checking out the hotties in the stands and around the campus. (Cowgirls anyone?).

This years team is a force to be reckoned with, sure they lost a game to start the season, but it only built character, made them angrier and hungrier - just ask BYU and their fans and team about that.......we went in there an laid an easy 54 points on them - it could have been worse. But give BYU credit, they didn't claim their guys had swine flu or anything, they took their beating like men.

This Saturday - line up to watch USF take their beating too. The Bulls have been trying to join the big boys in Florida football, but that venture will take a shot to the mouth this week.

FSU had a rich history, and was easily the most dominant overall team from the late 80's to 2001, finishing in the top 5 every season, winning 10 games every season. They fell down, but like true men, true champions are standing back up. Indeed, its a Seminole Uprising. UNCONQUERED!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, is it any wonder florida teams are so good? if i were choosing a college to go to and was being recruited by top level schools i think i would rather go to a florida school than notre dame or purdue. damn, those florida girls are sweet.:smoker:

Smith70592

at least you have mardi gras, lol.:swordfight:
Colts got those Super Bowl rings, because of New Orleans born Peyton Manning. Like you said in your earlier post, you should feel lucky to have him.

Louisiana is a football state unlike those "Hoosiers" where you are from. Just look at what LSU and the SEC has done the past 10 year.

LoL I am sure you are just another indianapolis native that has delusional thoughts that the Big 10 is worth a crap and Notre Dame Fighting Irish was a top 10 team and was headed for BCS Championship this year

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Colts got those Super Bowl rings, because of New Orleans born Peyton Manning. Like you said in your earlier post, you should feel lucky to have him.

Louisiana is a football state unlike those "Hoosiers" where you are from. Just look at what LSU and the SEC has done the past 10 year.

LoL I am sure you are just another indianapolis native that has delusional thoughts that the Big 10 is worth a crap and Notre Dame Fighting Irish was a top 10 team and was headed for BCS Championship this year :FUfinger:
i have no allusions about indianapolis/notre dame or the big ten. btw i am very happy we have peyton-even though we only have 1 ring. as for the finger, that was not necessary-i was giving you props for having the mardi gras. as a native of indy, i will be the first to admit we have little in the way of entertainment outside of the colts. one thing we do have in indiana is something called hoosier hospitality, we don't get hostile with people for no reason. support for a team is no excuse for bad behavior.

Smith70592

i have no allusions about indianapolis/notre dame or the big ten. btw i am very happy we have peyton-even though we only have 1 ring. as for the finger, that was not necessary-i was giving you props for having the mardi gras. as a native of indy, i will be the first to admit we have little in the way of entertainment outside of the colts. one thing we do have in indiana is something called hoosier hospitality, we don't get hostile with people for no reason. support for a team is no excuse for bad behavior.
Lousiana natives are passionate people. Not only about football, but life in general (ex. would be Mardi Gras, music, food, allegiance to there teams). Your statement was misinterpreted (the Swordfight icon threw me off) as a knock on the city and the Saints.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lousiana natives are passionate people. Not only about football, but life in general (ex. would be Mardi Gras, music, food, allegiance to there teams). Your statement was misinterpreted (the Swordfight icon threw me off) as a knock on the city and the Saints.
no problem, we hoosiers are a humble bunch-for the most part.:beerchug:

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
The Boston Red Sox....They are built for the playoffs!!!!! They were one out from going to the world series last year with a hurt #1 pitcher
They have one of the better line-ups in baseball.
Jacoby Ellsbury is having a great year, batting 300. When he gets on base, he can turn a single into a double, has 64 stolen bases. When you have a guy like JD Drew batting 7th or 8th, thats a pretty good line-up.
David Ortiz is swinging the bat alot better, has 25 HR after a horrible april/may. With the addition of of Victor Martinez this is one of the better hitting teams. Even Alex Gonzalez is hitting coming from the miserable reds.

Pitching, they have the best playoff pitcher in a long time with Josh Beckett. Has world series wins against the yankees and beating CC sabathia in 07 to go on to win another WS in boston. John Lester is one of the best left handers in baseball, young Clay Buchholz, 18 game winner Dice-K who is rested.

Bullpen is one of the best in baseball, and have one of the best 7th....8th...and 9th inning pitchers in the game.......They all throw gas with a lefty Wagner who throws 94, Daniel Bard who has a nasty curve and can throw 100mph, and of course when it counts Johnathan Papelbon.

Good pitching always beats good hitting...Red sox have both and have the ability to shut down good hitting teams...The Yankee$

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
LoL I am sure you are just another indianapolis native that has delusional thoughts that the Big 10 is worth a crap and Notre Dame Fighting Irish was a top 10 team and was headed for BCS Championship this year
I'm not from Indianapolis but I can surely count the amount of rings the Colts have and the respect that have gained across the board vs. that of the Saints thus far. Going 2-0 this season doesn't exactly qualify them for any groundbreaking awards just yet bud....lol

ps - keep watching ND....they're not done yet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not from Indianapolis but I can surely count the amount of rings the Colts have and the respect that have gained across the board vs. that of the Saints thus far. Going 2-0 this season doesn't exactly qualify them for any groundbreaking awards just yet bud....lol

wow- i now appoint you an honorary hoosier.:biggthumpup:

Smith70592

ND has about the same amount of respect that the Saints do around the country for there football program right now.

P.S. thought you said there is no right or wrong answer here.... (just my personal opinion, weather you agree with are not is up too you)

The title of your contest is “REP YO TEAM!!". As someone who is running this contest and a Board Sponsor figured you would remain impartial as the judge , OH WELL

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
ND has about the same amount of respect that the Saints do around the country for there football program right now.

P.S. thought you said there is no right or wrong answer here.... (just my personal opinion, weather you agree with are not is up too you)

The title of your contest is “REP YO TEAM!!". As someone who is running this contest and a Board Sponsor figured you would remain impartial as the judge , OH WELL
lol I never said you were going to win or lose based on your opinion, and I surely wasn't being biased by way of the contest. I was giving my personal opinion on the matter....just like you. The only difference is you stand a chance to win some awesome products and I don't. Looks like i'm the one who gets screwed here huh? :puppy_dog_eyes:

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Winner? If no answer, I'll just assume it's me. :icon_lol:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Wow - all that hype I gave for my Noles and they don't show up on Saturday vs. USF. Oh well - I've still got my flags flying, still wear my FSU tats and gear. There is another game just 5 days away - GO NOLES!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wow - all that hype I gave for my Noles and they don't show up on Saturday vs. USF. Oh well - I've still got my flags flying, still wear my FSU tats and gear. There is another game just 5 days away - GO NOLES!
I actually thought of that when I saw the score of the game..lol. Only team that fluked out more was Miami.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah - but I'm still repping my boys. Always have (since '81), always will. We're gonna roll Boston College this weekend.....bet on it.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all your entries everyone!! This was a really hard decision since there were tons of good applications but I had to go with the one that I thought told the best reasons as to why they rep their team so hard. Many of you had great arguements as to why your team was "the team to beat" or the "best hands down" and etc....but not many really painted me a picture as to why they supported so hard other than the reason that the team they like wins a lot. I had to pick the person that I thought best illustrated why and supported even through the tough times.

With that said, this weeks winner is = Nole1 for his illustration of a Seminoles game (even though they got whopped this past weekend after he talked smack)

PM me your info bud....and everyone, keep an eye out for this weeks thread being posted very shortly here where we are giving away 1 FREE tub of Ragnarok (warrior melon flavor)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way to go Nole!! Turn that frown upside down..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all your entries everyone!! This was a really hard decision since there were tons of good applications but I had to go with the one that I thought told the best reasons as to why they rep their team so hard. Many of you had great arguements as to why your team was "the team to beat" or the "best hands down" and etc....but not many really painted me a picture as to why they supported so hard other than the reason that the team they like wins a lot. I had to pick the person that I thought best illustrated why and supported even through the tough times.

With that said, this weeks winner is = Nole1 for his illustration of a Seminoles game (even though they got whopped this past weekend after he talked smack)

PM me your info bud....and everyone, keep an eye out for this weeks thread being posted very shortly here where we are giving away 1 FREE tub of Ragnarok (warrior melon flavor)
i can't argue with your pick, congratulations nole. but i think a runner up should go to smith for his passion to his team plus the maturity he displayed. passion plus maturity is a rare quality.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Thanks - will be PM'ing info soon. I've got a duathlon in Dec - so this should help with prep!