MST's weekly Weigh In #2 - Win a free bottle of "Carnage"

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the new weekly contest from the folks here at MST! The rules are simple...we will pose a question each week and we will be taking the answer that we like the most at the end of the week as the winner of the contest. You can post as many times as you like and this contest will end each week on Saturday morning and start each week on Sunday night. You are not required to log the item that you win, but we will not be upset if you choose to log. The call is completely yours!

This week's prize = 1 FREE bottle of Carnage!!!

Week #2!!!

Category - Sports

Question - “What will happen to the NFL and the state of game play if (and when) the use of performance enhancing drugs is strictly prohibited and enforced like MLB? Will you still watch the game that (we as fans) demanded to be bigger, stronger and faster when it suddenly gets smaller, weaker and slower??”

thanks everyone and remember....there's no right or wrong answer here....so let's have some fun!!!

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
“What will happen to the NFL and the state of game play if (and when) the use of performance enhancing drugs is strictly prohibited and enforced like MLB? Will you still watch the game that (we as fans) demanded to be bigger, stronger and faster when it suddenly gets smaller, weaker and slower??”

I feel the same way about this as I do about the use of performance enhancing drugs in the MLB currently, who cares? Sports, especially professional football, is a sport designed for the fans to watch and enjoy. Seeing athletes at their max potential only makes the game funner and more exciting to watch. I don't want to see a bunch of smaller, slower players because then it is just more boring. More highlight reel amazing plays = better football.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Professional Sports are, at their most basic level, for entertainment purposes. These athletes compete for the purpose of keeping others occupied. If pumping them full of steroids makes for a more entertaining game, it only makes sense financially for the regulating authorities to advocate their use. Yes, there is currently stigma regarding the use of performance enhancers, but truth be told, everything an athlete introduces to his body either enhances or detracts from his performance in some way.

If the NFL becomes intensely investigated for PE use, it's only going to detriment the league by introducing an unnecessary and inhibitory bureaucracy that limits the entertainment value of each individual player, which in turn will impact those players followers, which could lead to lost potential profit.

AvD

AvD

Awards
Question[/B] - “What will happen to the NFL and the state of game play if (and when) the use of performance enhancing drugs is strictly prohibited and enforced like MLB? Will you still watch the game that (we as fans) demanded to be bigger, stronger and faster when it suddenly gets smaller, weaker and slower??”
As a fan of the NFL for my whole life i believe when the use of performance enhancing drugs are band nothing will really change in terms of game play. Maybe a little but nothing dramatic that you'd say i miss the days of steroids. I will still continue to root and support my favorite teams which i think most everyone else will do too.

The only problem i have with this situation is how it will effect the sport. Soon enough you'll see one of your favorite players whole career getting bashed for the use of steroids. Then what, Instead of talking about the games all your here about is so and so who took this and what his name took that. Then they go to congress?? Its sucks because it pretty much an unfixable problem.

Banned it and players will find every possible way to get around the drug testing. Also the media problem. Dont banned it (Never going to happen)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will watch it regardless. I think it will bring out the true athletes that have the desire,discipline, and heart to make it to that level without enhancement.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
great answers so far fellas! keep it up...this is awesome!

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Nothing will change, I don't watch it now and won't watch it then.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
its like the barry bonds argument. i paid 80 bucks for this seat, i better see a frikken home run... i think the NFL will still be watched, will still be great, but won't have the excitement it does now.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
People play "pro" sports for a reason, its not because they take performance enhancing drugs (well some do). Its because they are better than most people at the sport than most people that play it. Thats why they play professional sports. They play for a reason, because they are very good at what they do, better than most people. Yes, PED's help, but I will still watch football even if guys are smaller because its played at a faster lever. Guys are quicker, stonger, faster than college players.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I dont see much change. I mean some of the guys may suffer greatly here and there(shawn marion) that have used it as a crutch a large chunk of their career. But i doubt alot of WRs use stuff and QBs. I think the biggest slump you'll see is lineman, runningbacks & line backers. Positions that gotta go hard or get hit alot. I will still watch. I watch now and usually it doesnt cross my mind.
I never was much a MLB fan. I think there the use is a little more obvious. Baseball players(no offense) should not be as big as some are. They lose the agility and i think both Nat. and Am. should be using the "everyone hits" rule ALWAYS.
I say let it ride. I highly doubt they'll lose enough energy and quality to lose fans. That ALL most of thoseguys do is eat, sleep, travel, practice and go out(like idiots with guns) That to me is far more detremental to the sport.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the new weekly contest from the folks here at MST! The rules are simple...we will pose a question each week and we will be taking the answer that we like the most at the end of the week as the winner of the contest. You can post as many times as you like and this contest will end each week on Saturday morning and start each week on Sunday night. You are not required to log the item that you win, but we will not be upset if you choose to log. The call is completely yours!

This week's prize = 1 FREE bottle of Carnage!!!

Week #2!!!

Category - Sports

Question - “What will happen to the NFL and the state of game play if (and when) the use of performance enhancing drugs is strictly prohibited and enforced like MLB? Will you still watch the game that (we as fans) demanded to be bigger, stronger and faster when it suddenly gets smaller, weaker and slower??”

thanks everyone and remember....there's no right or wrong answer here....so let's have some fun!!!
I think American will continue to watch those sports. Everyone will be on the same playing field if it is restricted and enforced that heavily. It will also make the players aware that they have to rely more on skill and talent then the performace they can receive from any drug. Take for instance Walter Payton. Amazing player, and definitely not the biggest guy in football, yet he was a machine! The NFL needs more players like him. His dedication to being in shape was impeccable.

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Besides Brady quinn....Usually you can tell the difference between college and pro sports in any sport

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
i feel like the game will be less intense. the stronger, faster, more elite the athletes are, the crazier the excitement of the game will be. If everyone was on performance enhancing drugs, the game will be ridiculous.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Also, I just have to add one more answer. This whole stigma of performance enhancing drugs is ridiculous. They are designed so you can take your body or your sport to a level that is not conceivable with the human body genetics alone. They are professional athletes -- to "enhance performance" is their job title -- it just doesn't make sense to ban it. Does it level the playing field for those who choose not to use it? Maybe. I know I will never genetically be a Terrell Owens so where does that leave me? :p

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I just have to add one more answer. This whole stigma of performance enhancing drugs is ridiculous. They are designed so you can take your body or your sport to a level that is not conceivable with the human body genetics alone. They are professional athletes -- to "enhance performance" is their job title -- it just doesn't make sense to ban it. Does it level the playing field for those who choose not to use it? Maybe. I know I will never genetically be a Terrell Owens so where does that leave me? :p
So that is what you sell to the highschool kid who has dreams of being a PRO athlete....Here kid, you want to be an athlete? Use what Barry does!! It would polute the whole system.

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
So that is what you sell to the highschool kid who has dreams of being a PRO athlete....Here kid, you want to be an athlete? Use what Barry does!! It would polute the whole system.
No.

Do we condone ANYONE on this site under the age of 21 to use performance enhancing drugs? No. Most people who are knowledgeable and research them know when they should be used. A professional athlete who takes his body to a new level in order to perform his job as an entertainer -- yes that is what I believe professional sports to be, hence why the WNBA sucks, no entertainment -- can use them. Should the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. endorse them and start running ads on television? No. Should they ban them and cause so much controversy in the media and political forums? Not really. They have probably made these drugs more popular with their media hype than before when people other than athletes even knew about them.

But lets not clutter this thread with a debate. I apologize.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will plant the idea in the kids heads that this is the only way to get where these guys are. What idea is in your head about how to become a Pro bodybuilder?? Well, soon it will be the same if you want to be like Adrian Peterson.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week #2!!!

Category - Sports

The NFL will be fine cause there is only 32 pro teams and how many Division 1 schools are there? Over hundred so you are getting a large amount of athletes every year coming into the sport vying for a spot on an NFL roster. So your gonna find true athletes that are deserving of being in the pro's. You just won't have your over hyped guys who have used too many PED's to make it which is fine just makes the GM's job a little easier to find the real deal. Plus now with more emergence of Division 2 schools atheltes coming out there's always thousands of guys trying to make an NFL roster. These guys are still going to be bigger, stronger, faster thats just the nature of the beast. And as Americans i think we just accept that these guys do something cause its such a gladator sport.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
still great replies everyone...i'm having a lot of fun reading through this thread :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not sit down and follow games now and am not a foot ball fan . I do watch them if they are in front of me though like doing cardio in the gym.I would still watch it sure; although it would not be as entertaining as guys jumping over guys, the fast running and not to many big guys.

I do think they are a handful of men in the NFL that have good genetics and would still be that size. Some guys genetic limit is more than others due to higher natural hormone production and that is why some men are naturally larger than others. source [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDEuRSOFDwU"]YouTube - Testosterone Factor[/ame]

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I honestly dont think Brady Quinn has taken anything...and he has gotten pretty massive.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Around here, people get worked up about teams, rivalries, and the fight to the SuperBowl. Those factors will not change.

Personally, I don't think anyone would truly notice a change in the game. The skill of todays players are underestimated in favor of sheer physicality. These guys know nutrition and training, and will be able to keep much of their size and intensity through natural methods. Those who cannot keep up with the genetically gifted or skilled will fade away to be replaced with new faces who can. Not to mention, possibly extending the career length of the younger generation of players. However, there is a subset of fans that are number-junkies, who might see a short-term decline in new records, and their fantasy football stats.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
If the NFL was to strictly enforce rules of steroids and performance-enhancing drugs the game would be finished. The guys on the field are great athletes and are very good at what they do. The thing is, most of them would not be in the league to begin with if it weren't for steroids. You can't have little people in the NFL making a career out of it for too long without getting banged up. I actually think steroids are good for the game and the players as a whole. Steroids may be harmful to the body, but so are all the big hits you take as a player. The truth is, the added size and muscle from steroids really helps to keep you in the game. If it weren't for steroids, players just wouldn't be able to keep taking the hits and coming back game after game for years. Plus, many people watch the game to watch all the big men run around and hit each other. The game would just lose its edge without everyone being hyped up on roids and being overly aggressive. Personally, I would still watch the game because it is one of my favorite sports and a sport I enjoyed playing.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I want to start by saying this is a much more in depth question than it appears because it is questioning the legitimacy of the sport as it stands now in terms of records; just as we see in baseball with people like Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire. My thoughts on what will happen are there will be a lot of initial controversy and some players will test positive; either way, the sport will continue to move on even though many fans will be disappointed with some of the stars that are caught using PE substances. How much will this change the game? I really feel this will be negligible less some players may not recover as well during short weeks if they play Sunday night and a Thursday game or Monday night and Sunday (possibly leading to more risk of injury or more games playing hurt). Besides that we are going to see slight reduction in performance that is really only going to be measurable by serious review of statistics, not by the eyes of the fans watching the game; mind you, THIS is what matters. The NFL and all pro sports are supported and for the fans, without us they have no financial incentive to have teams etc...

As for players getting weaker/smaller/slower I really don't see this as an issue because all teams have trainers/doctors/nutritionists on staff that through proper diet and nutrition can remain at the level they are at with minimal drop off. In reality, it may actually lead to some positives because players are going to have to focus more on proper training and nutrition to remain at that level and maybe spend less time out partying and getting arrested (I can name 10 people in the last few years that fit in this statement from the NFL). All pro sports need to have this happen just like what is seen in baseball (and more specifically the Olympics) because it legitimizes the achievements of of th 1/10th of 1 percenters who actually have the talent to make it to that level. Moreover, pro athletes are role models and huge motivators to those aspiring to be at their level and the effect it has on the youth in sports when players are caught cheating is devastating.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
good insight ou....

everyone keep them coming!! tomorrow night the entries will close!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
you silly kids are sleeping on a real good product right now...:drillsergeant:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
you silly kids are sleeping on a real good product right now...:drillsergeant:
Maybe people dont like free stuff anymore. :eek: Did we mention that Carnage is Beta Alanine? Everyone loves free Beta-Alanine right? :surprised:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Maybe people dont like free stuff anymore. :eek: Did we mention that Carnage is Beta Alanine? Everyone loves free Beta-Alanine right? :surprised:
did we mention that Millennium 1 delivers each product that you win to your door in an MST speedo and with a fresh jerry curl? :afro:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would cause some Carnage!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So who wins this week?

Kevin R

Awards
  • Established
Baffles my mind -- thousands of people on this site and 10 apps for free products -- ?. Crazy! More chance for me I guess :p

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I'm all about this contest, I just hate sports, except maybe strongman, and a passing interest in soccer.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the entries everyone! I will have the winner posted here in a few hours, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled for next week's edition of "MST's weekly weigh-in" which will be up today or tomorrow!

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
How did I miss this? :drillsergeant: Ready for next week's question!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the entries everyone! I will have the winner posted here in a few hours, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled for next week's edition of "MST's weekly weigh-in" which will be up today or tomorrow!
Drum role for winner....

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I missed the first week bring on the second week. This is a pretty cool promo. Congrats to the first weeks winner who ever it may be.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Regarding the NFL and performance enhancing drugs, I feel the level of playing shouldn't drop that much. Their will probably be less gruesome collisions, and guys running sub 4.5 sec 40's but overall it's still a violent sport. Just like baseball, I don't ever really think steroids will be taken out 100%. The underground is always a step ahead of the tests given, so your always going to have a certain amount of professionals willing to take the risk of getting caught. Am I complaining about this, heck NO. It's their bodies and livelihood on the line. I'm more than happy to tune in on Sunday afternoons sitting in my lazy-boy with some chips and salsa watching the CARNAGE unfold.

By the way, I know I'm late on this, but just caught the thread.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay on posting the winner folks, but I will also be posting this week's "weigh in" in about 10 minutes here so you can jump straight over to that thread afterwards :)

I want you all to keep in mind that the winners don't often happen because of "my personal beliefs" but because of what is most commonly thought as the truth as it pertains to the question at hand. I personally miss hearing about feats like the homerun that never fell at yankee stadium, or the guys playing ironman football on the frozen tundra at lambeau. With that said we went with the answer that was.....correct for the most part.

The winner of this week's challege and a free bottle of Carnage is : Resolve!

PM me with your info buddy....and everyone else please make sure to jump on the next thread which is going to be a free bottle of our new greens superfood "MycoGreens"

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats R!!

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Gratz Resolve :)

Looking forward to the shot at a tub of MycoGreens. I've been trying a few different kinds, and have yet to find the balance between quality and cost with a greens supplement (quality is the more important of the two for me). I had a tub of Garden of Life greens that I think must've been out of date or something, tasted stale.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i know i am late and resolve already won. but if you think mlb is clean now, you are nutz. they can pass all the rules they want, but as long as so much money and fame is riding on performance the cheaters will always be at least one step ahead of the testers. at least as long as patrick arnold is still suiting up in a white lab coat. btw there are plenty more where patrick came from.:swordfight: