Animal Barbell Club (ABC)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Animal Barbell Club (ABC)


    An ABC ain't a typical "promo" or anything like that, but I figured it might be worthwhile to post up in this section. What it an ABC? Basic building blocks of what Animal is all about, the As, the Bs and the Cs... Opportunity to lift together, as a community with like-minded individuals, and then to share a meal. For more about what an ABC is, check out this article.

    The big National Event in Columbus just finished up recently with over 100 in attendance. Some coverage of that event can be found right here.

    A bigger event is being planned around NYC and the NY Pro where Evan "Ox" Centopani will make his pro debut. For anyone interested in attending that show or a possible ABC event around that show, stay tuned.




    Here's the ABC thread that was started on AM: Animal Barbell Club

    Here's the ABC section on the FORVM: The Board - the F O R V M

    Here's a list of current ABC Chapters: ABC Chapters & Coordinators: The Complete List - the F O R V M

  2. Emerald Cup...


    The Seattle area chapter is having an upcoming ABC, in conjunction with the Emerald Cup:

    April 18th, 2009
    Iron Works Gym
    Owner Tim Ennis
    12708 Northup Way
    Bellevue, WA
    425-883-6006
    http://iron-works.com/
    It's going to run from 2-4, and eats will be at Red Robin...

    Those attending:
    ragingmuscle
    Mr. Dead
    dd2inxs
    Temper
    Jonisocool
    excessive endorphins
    OregonGrownBamBam +?
    (your name here...)

  3. Nice... Another ABC around a bodybuilding event. How is the weather up in your neck of the woods?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Nice... Another ABC around a bodybuilding event. How is the weather up in your neck of the woods?
    Cold... Wet... The usual... *LOL* Last year, at this particular event, it even snowed a bit...

  5. I've met some great people through the ABC's. I've also learned a ton about training with other people. It's going to be a great summer of events with the ABC's.

  6. The Western North Carolina chapter is looking at its first ABC in May. Those that want to attend let me know.

  7. would love to join......but im po'. Have fun!
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

  8. If there was an ABC in Pittsburgh this summer that would be great. I'll be interning there from May to August so let's get something set up!
    SFW and GFH

  9. There are everywhere, even Canada has some !

  10. I just missed the one by me I'm in Santa Monica area
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  11. Thumbs up


    I make it to every one that I can. Love the ABC's!!!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    would love to join......but im po'. Have fun!
    They are free. Only thing that might cost you would be a gym fee or post workout meal.
  13. Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    They are free. Only thing that might cost you would be a gym fee or post workout meal.
    And the trip to the event. Other than that, like B said, it's free, and invaluable!

    Hg

  14. the ABC is a great experience.

    we are looking to have the next Pittsburgh "Steel City" ABC somewhere around the Pittsburgh Pro show in May.

    Vinny Galanti will be participating in the IFBB 202 and under class at this show and we'll hopefully have a nice turnout of Animals there to support him.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    I just missed the one by me I'm in Santa Monica area
    They are ongoing--get in that thread, join up and attend the next one brother.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    The Seattle area chapter is having an upcoming ABC, in conjunction with the Emerald Cup:

    April 18th, 2009
    Iron Works Gym
    Owner Tim Ennis
    12708 Northup Way
    Bellevue, WA
    425-883-6006
    http://iron-works.com/
    It's going to run from 2-4, and eats will be at Red Robin...

    Those attending:
    ragingmuscle
    Mr. Dead
    dd2inxs
    Temper
    Jonisocool
    excessive endorphins
    OregonGrownBamBam +?
    (your name here...)
    *Reminder bump...*

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    *Reminder bump...*
    Id be there if it wasn't across the country. :dl:
    SFW and GFH
  18. Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Id be there if it wasn't across the country. :dl:
    x2 to this...
  19. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Id be there if it wasn't across the country. :dl:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    x2 to this...
    One of these times, I'll have to make it over to the East side, and hit one...

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    One of these times, I'll have to make it over to the East side, and hit one...
    Bring the wife and the pets bro because you wont be going back!

    Ha ha

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Bring the wife and the pets bro because you wont be going back!

    Ha ha
    I heard there was a pub in Clearwater? Pennnsylvania that makes insanely large burgers... (I think it's NW of Harrisburg...)

  22. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    I heard there was a pub in Clearwater? Pennnsylvania that makes insanely large burgers... (I think it's NW of Harrisburg...)
    Not aware. But I do know where to get the huge burgers around here.
  23. Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Not aware. But I do know where to get the huge burgers around here.
    This place has a 6 pounder, a 3 pounder, and a 15 pounder... (I saw it on the porn, I mean uhm... Food Channel... *LOL*)

  24. Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    This place has a 6 pounder, a 3 pounder, and a 15 pounder... (I saw it on the porn, I mean uhm... Food Channel... *LOL*)
    Definitely strong unawares....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Definitely strong unawares....
    Denny's Pub, was the name of the place...
  26. Thumbs up This Saturday!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    The Seattle area chapter is having an upcoming ABC, in conjunction with the Emerald Cup:

    April 18th, 2009
    Iron Works Gym
    Owner Tim Ennis
    12708 Northup Way
    Bellevue, WA
    425-883-6006
    http://iron-works.com/
    It's going to run from 2-4, and eats will be at Red Robin...

    Those attending:
    ragingmuscle
    Mr. Dead
    Temper
    Jonisocool
    excessive endorphins
    OregonGrownBamBam +?
    (your name here...)
    The Emerald Cup is the largest National qualifier in the nation... Hope to see a huge turn-out!!!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Definitely strong unawares....
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Denny's Pub, was the name of the place...
    Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, i think it's called?
    near Clearfield, PA

    i haven't made it there yet, but the motorcycle group i used to ride with made a few trips there.

    http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/index.php


  28. Quote Originally Posted by joeyamma View Post
    Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, i think it's called?
    near Clearfield, PA

    i haven't made it there yet, but the motorcycle group i used to ride with made a few trips there.

    http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/index.php

    That's the place!!! It was on the porn... I mean Food Network... Looked awesome!!!

  29. i wanna gooo next time
  30. Seattle/WA ABC


    13 June, 2009
    1200-1400
    McVeigh Gym, Fort Lewis

    Eats TBD...

    Mr. Dead
    dd2inxs
    TEMPER
    Jonisocool
    excessive endorphins
    (your name here...)

  31. Anyone readin' this thread lookin' to get involved? It's easy and laid back... Check out this thread which is current for the 100+ diff chapters around the world: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075

    See an ABC Chapter near you? Register in the FORVM. Post in the ABC thread and find out what the next event is. Easy.

    Read this new monthly summary about what's going on with the ABCs:
    http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25786
  32. Thumbs up June 26!



  33. Let me know if there is an ABC event in Florida soon!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html

  34. Quote Originally Posted by BigBeazy View Post
    Let me know if there is an ABC event in Florida soon!
    Where in FL are you from? These are the guys I train with at ABC Events:

    Orlando-area Animals: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10278

    We've been all over central FL (from Tampa to Melbourne).
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

  35. Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter View Post
    Where in FL are you from? These are the guys I train with at ABC Events:

    Orlando-area Animals: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10278

    We've been all over central FL (from Tampa to Melbourne).
    I live in the Daytona Area, roughly an hour and change to Orlando. I party there every other weekend.

    I've been lurking on the Animal Site for some time, I just have to sit for a few hours and search through all the B.S. to find anything...

    Anywhere near central florida or w.e. works.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html

  36. The Detroit ABC with G Diesel this past weekend was a blast! Hit of few PRs on the day and did some intense back work with Rob and the crew!
  37. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by smoothballer View Post
    The Detroit ABC with G Diesel this past weekend was a blast! Hit of few PRs on the day and did some intense back work with Rob and the crew!
    I saw the pics from that... Definitely an awesome time!!!
  38. Exclamation New Jersey ABC


    Jersey ABC

    Saturday, July 17th at 1pm

    Man's World Gym
    1030 Brunswick Ave.
    Trenton, NJ 08368

    http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost....postcount=3423

    A lot of East Coast muscle will be there. Come on out for a great time training in an old school hardcore gym with other like minded Animals and then hook up for some eats after the gym.

    Hg
  39. Akron/Canton ABC


    Akron/Canton ABC
    Saturday July 24th

    The "New" Iron Chamber Gym
    1915 Allen Avenue, Canton, OH 44707
    Cost: 5 bucks per head
  40. Exclamation Special ABC: Jersey w/ The House




    Hg
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
  2. Animal Barbell Club event at the Arnold
    By naturalguy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Log in
Log in