Seth Roberts' Book ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
My book: Seth Robert's ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY is finally here!

Seth Roberts’ ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY is the most advanced reference text on the market because it is the only book of its kind written by a former pharmaceutical scientist. Ten years in the making, this is not a bunch of re-hashed out-of-date information but a brand new look into the action of anabolic hormones. Find out how these drugs work as this text delves into the receptor and non-receptor mediated actions of anabolics.

ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY introduces new mechanisms of action that are unknown to the underground community. Also found inside are experimental and exotic compounds that are not discussed in any other text or on-line source.

ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY turns Bro-lore upside down by explaining some of the scientific truth behind the anecdotal experience as explained by a real scientist who has worked for over a decade in the pharmaceutical industry; not some armchair expert. This book discusses an advanced topic in a step-wise fashion. Information is laid out in a progression giving you the basic information you need to understand advanced concepts.

You probably know about aromatase and 5-alpha reductase but do you know about another enzyme that dramatically influences the results of a cycle?

What effect does injection volume and location have on the half-life of injectable AAS?

What is the difference between water retention and edema and what causes them?

This book has information that you won’t find anywhere else…

From understanding blood tests to learning about the role of active metabolites, ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY covers every aspect of the physiology, pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of anabolics.

When you buy ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY you will automatically get two free books: Supplements for Genetic Growth and What Are You On?: The Definitive Guide to Sports Supplements both by Eric Marchewitz.

http://www.lgsciences.com/product-p/anabolic-pharmacology.htm

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you only selling these direct, or will you be offering it through Nutra?

:hint hint:

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Are you only selling these direct, or will you be offering it through Nutra?

:hint hint:
Initially, they will be direct but I am not opposed to selling them through distributors. I want to get the message out.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
This thread can also serve as a place to ask questions about the book or to discuss the contents of the book.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will this touch on any specific OTC designer steroids? Any training or nutrition advice when on or off cycle?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
nice to hear it is finally ready!
let us know if you would like to consider reselling through NP.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
nice to hear it is finally ready!
let us know if you would like to consider reselling through NP.
I'm really anxious for people to read it because i think it will initiate some great conversations and debates.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure it would be an interesting read, and much more user friendly than Vida, which I've been wading through on and off.
It is somewhere in between Llewellyn's Book and Vida in ease of readability but more towards Vida in its scientific content(albeit updated). I took the time to lay out the basic info that was needed to understand the more difficult concepts

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The book looks to be interesting, seth. I'm always looking for a good scientific read myself. I may pick this up.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is somewhere in between Llewellyn's Book and Vida in ease of readability but more towards Vida in its scientific content(albeit updated). I took the time to lay out the basic info that was needed to understand the more difficult concepts
Promising. I'm natural currently, as I have yet to hit a halt in progress worthy of extra "help". The whole reason I've been reading Vida is to provide myself a better understanding of anabolics should I ever decide to use them.

But an updated, clearer alternative sounds like a definite upgrade.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Here is a sample page from the section on anabolism/catabolism so that you can see font size. The book is standard 8.5 by 11 inches and there are 428 pages.

Attachments

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is a sample page from the section on anabolism/catabolism so that you can see font size. The book is standard 8.5 by 11 inches and there are 428 pages.
Consider the NutraPlanet route.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Consider the NutraPlanet route.
I urged this as well, and PMed him the contact info. I'll also shoot out an email to Sam.

Seth - what I find lacking is a direct, side to side comparison of different compounds with detailed information on the WHY of choosing certain ones to stack together. Do you broach this subject in the book?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i cant wait to get a copy of this, i havent read vida, but have read "Anabolics" as well as Duchaines Body Opus and Dirty Dieting Newsletter, and ALRI's book (the original, not naturally, lol).

The more good reads out there the better, knowledge is certainly power, and in the case of this, knowledge is health.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I urged this as well, and PMed him the contact info. I'll also shoot out an email to Sam.

Seth - what I find lacking is a direct, side to side comparison of different compounds with detailed information on the WHY of choosing certain ones to stack together. Do you broach this subject in the book?
I am definitely open to Nutraplanet and I have an email in to Sam.

That is really the purpose of writing this book is to get at the different effects of different AAS which is THE reason to combine any two compounds together. If they all acted the same, then there would be no point, just take higher doses of a single compound. Everyone knows that AAS are doing something oher than binding to the androgen receptor and some of these are well known like converting to estrogen or binding to the progesterone receptor. I have catalogued the different off-target effects, explained their effects and described which effects each compound has.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am definitely open to Nutraplanet and I have an email in to Sam.

That is really the purpose of writing this book is to get at the different effects of different AAS which is THE reason to combine any two compounds together. If they all acted the same, then there would be no point, just take higher doses of a single compound. Everyone knows that AAS are doing something oher than binding to the androgen receptor and some of these are well known like converting to estrogen or binding to the progesterone receptor. I have catalogued the different off-target effects, explained their effects and described which effects each compound has.
You do realize an email to Sam is like an email into oblivion ;)

Judging by the responses of other forum members, it seems like there could be quite some demand. Perhaps its time we expanded outside of just "Building the Perfect Beast...Naturally" :lol:

I'll make sure I tell Sam to dig for your email tomorrow.:fingersx:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i always value your inputs and knowledge on this subject. The sample page looks exciting, i mean the book seems like it would be an awesome read! Id love to get one

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Bump for that.

The book covers PH/DS like H-drol, SDrol, Trena, Phera, Bold, etc....??
Prohormones, prosteroids (designers) and exotic compounds are covered in the book.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Prohormones, prosteroids (designers) and exotic compounds are covered in the book.
glad to hear it, I have a copy coming to me today. I cant wait to read this especially as I'm planning a big cycle after I run a huge log for USP over the next few months.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
glad to hear it, I have a copy coming to me today. I cant wait to read this especially as I'm planning a big cycle after I run a huge log for USP over the next few months.
make sure you give me feedback and I am on the boards to support the content -- answer questions and discuss the info.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seth - I picked it up to read. I'll relay some feedback once i get into reading it. Looks to be a really great book.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have about 3 books to read ahead of this one. But this one just sounds more appealing so it may get the bump up. :)

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
how much is it going to cost? How do i place an order for it? sorry if i mist this info someplace.

IBE

IBE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I order the frist he posted the link. I am looking forward to reading, i wish they had express but only ground was offerd..lol

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
idk if i can afford 50 bones for this......errr booo whoooo im a broke ass

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got my book today. Looks pretty good at first glance. Reading to commence shortly. :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coming soon to NutraPlanet (ETA: 3/6/09)

Seth Roberts’ ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY is the most advanced reference text on the market because it is the only book of its kind written by a former pharmaceutical scientist. Ten years in the making, this is not a bunch of re-hashed out-of-date information but a brand new look into the action of anabolic hormones. Find out how these drugs work as this text delves into the receptor and non-receptor mediated actions of anabolics.

ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY introduces new mechanisms of action that are unknown to the underground community. Also found inside are experimental and exotic compounds that are not discussed in any other text or on-line source.

ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY turns Bro-lore upside down by explaining some of the scientific truth behind the anecdotal experience as explained by a real scientist who has worked for over a decade in the pharmaceutical industry; not some armchair expert. This book discusses an advanced topic in a step-wise fashion. Information is laid out in a progression giving you the basic information you need to understand advanced concepts.

You probably know about aromatase and 5-alpha reductase but do you know about another enzyme that dramatically influences the results of a cycle?
What effect does injection volume and location have on the half-life of injectable AAS? What is the difference between water retention and edema and what causes them? This book has information that you won’t find anywhere else…

From understanding blood tests to learning about the role of active metabolites, ANABOLIC PHARMACOLOGY covers every aspect of the physiology, pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of anabolics.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive been thumbing through it for the past week and am very impressed

well done seth, I will give you further thoughts when my schedule frees up more and Im able to give it a thorough read.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was going to pick up Llewellyn's Book, but may pick this up instead.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
ive been thumbing through it for the past week and am very impressed

well done seth, I will give you further thoughts when my schedule frees up more and Im able to give it a thorough read.

Thanks. i look forward to hearing questions/comments.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
We just made it alot more convenient :) Add something for $25, and you've got free shipping. Maybe some PB Cup protein on the side ... mmmm!
If it ever gets back in stock!!:rant:
Edit: OOOPS! It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
For those of you have how this how is it as a read? Easy to understand while still indepth enough to get a good base?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah... major typo, sorry about that fella's. I was asking for those of you who already have this how does it read? I am really interested in grabbing this, but I want to make sure I can understand it.
I'm not sure the book will be able to understand you!

:p

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Ah... major typo, sorry about that fella's. I was asking for those of you who already have this how does it read? I am really interested in grabbing this, but I want to make sure I can understand it.
You might want to look at this review posted by Comacho:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/118668-new-book-review.html

I intentionally tried to structure the book so that you get the basic information first so that you can build up to more advanced concepts./

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Been reading it since I got it this morning. Already learned alot I didn't know, and have plenty more to go. I can easily recommend picking this one up. Definitely worth it.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been reading it since I got it this morning. Already learned alot I didn't know, and have plenty more to go. I can easily recommend picking this one up. Definitely worth it.
Awesome! Now, mail the parts you've read and understood to me. Systematic recycling! :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jackie Earle Haley was the stoner dude on Semi-Pro! lmao