3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys as you know Legal Gear is a seperate company from LG sciences, although eric runs Legal Gear and help runs LG sciences.

Now he was kicking around some ideas about putting out a clothing line. Obviously a bodybuidling clothing line with sayings on shirts, shirt designs, etc.

Right now i think the name for the like will be something like Freak Apparel, Freak Wear, something to that effect.

I also have a bunch of ideas on some cool concepts for the shirts and so forth. So who on here would be willing to purchase shirts if the price is right and the shirts are cool?

Just to re-iterate what was said before Legal Gear is a SEPERATE company from LG Sciences.

Lets here it guys!!!!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Steer clear of cookie cutter "badass" names. It's getting played out, imo.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah anything with freak is not my style,agree with rugger

I really like the name GEAR

just gear
and the like under GEAR in big letters you put legal in smaller letters under it
and have like mechanical gears in there.thatd be cool.

its simple yet rough

Colors:black,red,grey, i really like black and red,imo blood red with black.

just some thoughts

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
How about clothing that doesn't have the company names thrown on it at all?? Otherwise to me its just me paying for a companies promotion...

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
hellz yea! looks ****ing sick!!

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
the GEAR name is pretty cool, I like it much better than Freak anything.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I agree not to try to be overly badass as that truly is played out. I believe a great clothing line for BBers would be great, but it certainly needs to be done right, Ive seen a lot of attempts that didn't catch my interest whatsoever.

With that said LG is not your every day supp company, and Eric has brought us a lot of great compounds/supps over the years, so him and LG might just have what it takes to actually make a worthwhile and successful clothing line geared towards bodybuilders!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is why i posted the thread, to definately get ideas. Like i said the name isnt set in stone at all and was just something i was throwing around as we are all body builders.

Also there will mostly be sayings on the shirts. We want to sort of go with a "house of pain" type product.
We dont want to put legal gear though on the shirt, we want a name that attaches the clothing line to us so to speak. Like a seperate name where people go "Oh ok this is put out by legal gear but its called so n so" does that make sense?

Keep em comin guys!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is why i posted the thread, to definately get ideas. Like i said the name isnt set in stone at all and was just something i was throwing around as we are all body builders.

Also there will mostly be sayings on the shirts. We want to sort of go with a "house of pain" type product.
We dont want to put legal gear though on the shirt, we want a name that attaches the clothing line to us so to speak. Like a seperate name where people go "Oh ok this is put out by legal gear but its called so n so" does that make sense?

Keep em comin guys!
I still like Gear and Geared though

i think one word is better, to keep it simple, and for better brand recognition.

and I personally like a TOUGH name but not overertly hardcore.

here are some other simple names:
Implicit
Expired
Rugged
Intense
Intoxicate

(gear can be attached to the end except intoxicate.)

A weird one, Woven Destiny,thats pretty weird,just came out of my brain. Oh, another one Woven Blood.
Some names i made up myself.
Aggro
DOM(inate)
Red Pumped

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
what ever you decide.......just remember that the way it fits is more important that whatever is printed on it.

dommer

Banned
Awards

Keep em comin guys!
your ocmpany goes by legal gear so why not make it legal clothing or soemthing to that effect

you want to keep a association with a already established company (free advertising for you basically) freak anything sound like your trying to hard to establish your selves as the bad ass new company id personally go with something more neutral and then offer a bunch of different designs to appeal to a bigger customer base

if you hit your designs good enough you will not just be marketing to BB community look at affliction and tapout...you have to be different though so dont simply mimic that affliction style that every does now having one or to that style wont hurt but have some that are more plane or that have less complicated designs

and please make sure the shirts are of good quality and fit it would suck to have great t's that fall apart or fit horribly you should aim for people to wear these somewhere other then the gym

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well like some people are saying I think we want to make up a name that can go with whatever. Everyone knows legal gear as a supplement company, so we want to get away from the "supp cmpany" tag.

We are also not just putting bodybuilding stuff on the shirts, there will be a big variety. Im gonna see if he will even do hoodies and things of that nature.

Lovin the ideas so far though keep em coming!

dommer

Banned
Awards
Well like some people are saying I think we want to make up a name that can go with whatever. Everyone knows legal gear as a supplement company, so we want to get away from the "supp cmpany" tag.

We are also not just putting bodybuilding stuff on the shirts, there will be a big variety. Im gonna see if he will even do hoodies and things of that nature.

Lovin the ideas so far though keep em coming!
if your trying to get away from the stigma of being a supp company make some stuff for your main fan base(gym goers) but also offer some stuff with no gym reated stuff so people will wear stuff out and around and give you some free advertisements and possibly draw in some new costumers that arent interested in stuff like "shut up and train"

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I would love some shirts that fit my shoulders and back width without having to go down to my knees.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would love some shirts that fit my shoulders and back width without having to go down to my knees.

I will be pushing for this bigtime as i have the same problems.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah some shirts hurt my shoulders and back because their too tight there, but if i get the next size up its to baggy in the arm stomach areas.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
instead of focusing on the name you need to focus on a symbol or emblem for the company...so ppl can see the symbol and know what it is like the "nike swoosh". i personally like the lion type symbol that "Express" has. but no wussy bird or moose symbol like some of those preppy brands. and in order for me to wear the brand the shirts would have to be unbelievably cheap in price or extremely high in quality. for example "Affliction clothing" has unique feeling t-shirts. get passed their art on the t-shirts the shirt itself is super soft and light and the arms and bottom come cut alittle. you'd also want to market it to body builders but make them so that the company could cross over because people like the artistic ideas behind the clothing and not just because they are body builders.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What about something to the fact of Proven Chemistry

Or something in those lines, Its tough and hard at the same time i think, Solid Chem/ Like ARI added maybe Geared Chemistry with some bad ass logos..Im just adding to the soup brotha! Nothing thats over used thats all

hell throw some glass tub's up there,

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I actually like LegalGear as the name of the clothing line... kinda edgy since so many people are cheating in sports now.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I actually like LegalGear as the name of the clothing line... kinda edgy since so many people are cheating in sports now.
I wouldn't ever wear a shirt that screams "I do legal steroids".

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
As long as its not printed on the shirt. I for one will not buy any shirt that says legal gear on it. I don't want to be affiliated with any type of "gear", "legal" or not.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't ever wear a shirt that screams "I do legal steroids".
x2, just a bad idea all around to put on a t-shirt. Like you said, just print, "I take legal steroids" on a shirt.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But really most people dont associate the word gear with steriod, only people in the "know" bodybuilding aficionados, will assume that by gear, you are reffering to steriods.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Exactly... No one has a clue what "gear" is unless you are in the culture.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
And even then you have just limited a majority of your potential customers. If you are already targeting a tiny portion of the population (the 'culture'), and then alienate other possible customers in said culture with a name like LegalGear, you are just asking for a flop.

What percentage of people in the bodybuilding world use gear, 15%? At most? It's doubtful that that other 85% is going to want something that says "i do roids".

Even within a small market you should be looking to optimize a consumer base, and IMO a name like legal-gear most certainly does not do that. You would be much better off with something like Legal~Thread

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Exactly... No one has a clue what "gear" is unless you are in the culture.
This may hold true, but people will wonder what is "legal" about the gear which leads them to think there is some illegal gear.... Overall using that name will be a bad choice if you really want to market the line.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I think the line could be a great success, but I agree with Joebo and the others that the name LegalGear will not appeal to non AAS users, and likely will not even appeal to AAS users as that part of their life is often private.

Also, most ppl I know that lift, even if not BBers or AAS users, do associate the word gear with the use of anabolics.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i like names that have more than one meaning/application with possible subliminal meanings...you know ones that make you think.

just spitting out some...Pound, Poundage, Iron Clad, i really like Tank Farm but thats already taken i think.

EDIT: a logo idea would help!

thauncle

thauncle

Banned
Awards
geared sounds good,i think geared should be run like a real clothing company and not the half assed ones you see that are run so often by companies outside the clothing ind.just tryin to push out that extra buck off the name of the company.check out sean jean and why they do so well thats the approach I'd like to see if this line makes it off the ground.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback unc and ragin.

keep the feedback coming guys, the more the better!

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Geared Up Apparel
Lounge Gear
Simply call the clothing line "LG"

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Geared Up Apparel
Lounge Gear
Simply call the clothing line "LG"

Haha i like the Lounge Gear idea and i REALLY like Geared up Apparel. Were still kickin this around guys so lets keep em comin.

Unfortunately it seems like anything with Gear isnt to big of a hit. Still gettin ideas though and i will say this, If we pick a name from any of you guys, i will personaly give out some of the shirts from my own stash if need be to the person if we pick there name, how bbbbooutttt daaatt!!! :djparty:

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Durus, Latin for Strong

Natural Dependency

Gorilla in Arms
Suffrage Inc.
Battle Brothers
Perpetual Pump

DieinVein

(vein as in blood pumper)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use my AV and under it, say Backed By Science! Theres truth to that boy!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
iron complex
b.i.s(brothers in steel!)
steel alliance
master graphics
steel graphics

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iron complex
b.i.s(brothers in steel!)
steel alliance
master graphics
steel graphics
I really like those first three names (although not the acronym, but the Brothers In Steel name itself)

Keep ideas flowing gents, I know you'll certainly get some free goodies if we do use your proposed name.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I really like those first three names (although not the acronym, but the Brothers In Steel name itself)

Keep ideas flowing gents, I know you'll certainly get some free goodies if we do use your proposed name.
:thumbsup:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
primal rage
warriors creed
fear not
iron anvil
no problem
get sum
beast
iron alliance
phaylanx(the battle formation)
trench war
battle armour
war zone
riddle of steel
live ammo

Last edited:
Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
primal rage
warriors creed
fear not
iron anvil
no problem
get sum
beast
iron alliance
phaylanx(the battle formation)
trench war
battle armour
war zone
riddle of steel
live ammo
Those sound like Wu' Tang's song names. ;)
The Iron Lungz ain't got ta tell you where it's comng from - Guns of Navarone, tearing up your battle zone - Rip through your slums

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
steel mill
graphic nature
strong arm inc.
bloodlines.
lifters alliance
bad blood
molten lava
red couldron
wicked intentions
think big
universal alliance
dark forces
first gear
dy-nasty designs
molten steel
dark water

Last edited:
bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
spear head
cross threads
tin can alley
rhino hyde
lava lines
steel jaw
L.G built
LookingGood(L.G)
IRON CLAW
twisted ink
Y.U hate
iron horse
steel trend
steel trap
base line
great grizzly
metal gear
gorrilla grip
silverback
big ape

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
strong arm inc.
steel mill
silverback
iron complex
phaylanx

I think these sound pretty good. Im excited to see where this goes.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im sure one of the names bslick put out there is good,...lol, If not send him a little goodie bag for the huge effort! lol

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Im sure one of the names bslick put out there is good,...lol, If not send him a little goodie bag for the huge effort! lol
thanks liftergym33!.. im working on another name list that i will be posting soon!:thumbsup:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks liftergym33!.. im working on another name list that i will be posting soon!:thumbsup:
Really curious what the names will be! I can’t even come close to what you’re putting up! hell if not a T-shirt maybe they'll choose one for a up coming Sup! some kick ass names bro:thumbsup: