*NEW* Controlled Labs Contest: Review the Review!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Controlled Labs has another opportunity for the AnabolicMinds community to WIN!!​

----------------------------------------

Review the Review Contest
Here's how you play to win:
Search the forum for a CONTROLLED LABS Review or Log, and review it! State what is good about the thread/post. Make sure to include personal experiences, agreements, extra comments and critiques. Make sure to link the thread and/or quote!

We're awarding you for recognizing your peers hard work, struggle and contribution to this wonderful forum.​

-----------------------------------------

Prizes / General Rules
We will pick three winners and award them a CONTROLLED LABS product of their choice. The top reviewer will also win a black Controlled Lab's T-Shirt in addition to the product.​

* Must be 18 or over
* Must be a US resident
* Contest will end December 5th, 2008. Just in time for a holiday gift!

------------------------------------------
Recognize, Review and Reap the Rewards!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Original idea, RR! :)

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
I sense a lot of Volcom Log reviews to come.... LOL.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
any product? Even a sample?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt matter which thread or when it was logged?

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Brownie Points! :lol: - I'm going to review your (Renegade Rows) Green Mag and White Flood Log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/73630-rr-s-sponsored.html

To start, I love your opening post. It's colorful, organized, has the product info and product pictures, along with your stats, and starting picture, your workout, all other supplements.

Taste, it's not THE determining factor in supplement selection, but man, finding a good supplement that taste good to, well that's the kinda thing that just makes me want to keep on buyin'! I like your review of the supplement taste, I have never tried White Flood myself, but I see that you commented on a not so great taste of a previous version, which gives me some hope that this wont be another "I got free products so I'm gonna pimp this company" log. The Green mag I have used, and I agree completely with your review, I loved the taste.

The individual log post look organized, I like the mood part, But I think the supplement could be judged on more levels than just mood. Also the setup for the weights lifted makes it tough to follow throughout the log, also I don't see any weights, just sets and rep (I'm guessing) which makes it tough to follow any progress.

Here's were is gets shaky, after 14 log entries, the thread just stops? cold turkey? no nothing? What happened after this? How did you like the products? Would you BUY them yourself? Do you plan to buy them? How were your gains? After pictures? Anything else you would stack with these in the future? Any opinions at all?

I like it up till the end, actually since I am kinda interested in them both I really read the whole thread, but when I got to the end I guess I was a little disappointed that it just stopped. Still a decent log though!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Brownie Points! :lol: - I'm going to review your (Renegade Rows) Green Mag and White Flood Log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/73630-rr-s-sponsored.html

To start, I love your opening post. It's colorful, organized, has the product info and product pictures, along with your stats, and starting picture, your workout, all other supplements.

Taste, it's not THE determining factor in supplement selection, but man, finding a good supplement that taste good to, well that's the kinda thing that just makes me want to keep on buyin'! I like your review of the supplement taste, I have never tried White Flood myself, but I see that you commented on a not so great taste of a previous version, which gives me some hope that this wont be another "I got free products so I'm gonna pimp this company" log. The Green mag I have used, and I agree completely with your review, I loved the taste.

The individual log post look organized, I like the mood part, But I think the supplement could be judged on more levels than just mood. Also the setup for the weights lifted makes it tough to follow throughout the log, also I don't see any weights, just sets and rep (I'm guessing) which makes it tough to follow any progress.

Here's were is gets shaky, after 14 log entries, the thread just stops? cold turkey? no nothing? What happened after this? How did you like the products? Would you BUY them yourself? Do you plan to buy them? How were your gains? After pictures? Anything else you would stack with these in the future? Any opinions at all?

I like it up till the end, actually since I am kinda interested in them both I really read the whole thread, but when I got to the end I guess I was a little disappointed that it just stopped. Still a decent log though!

STRONG ENTRY!!! :thumbsup: :icon_lol:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I would love to have my current log reviewed, because I am very interested in learning how to log the best possible way. That's something I wonder about, if I'm providing the right type of information or enough of it.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I would love to have my current log reviewed, because I am very interested in learning how to log the best possible way. That's something I wonder about, if I'm providing the right type of information or enough of it.
Not a full review I am in hurry right now, but from a quick overview just to help ya out. I dont generally like to see a full workout in detail with all reps, sets, and whatever else. Although in your case, the color coded +/- Reps/Sets you put beside is is pretty sweet! I havn't seen any other logs with that in it, makes it real easy to follow progress!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i always post my workout - sets/reps because i think its important that the reader knows how i train. beside it, i list the change in weight (if any), so the reader doesn't have to scroll back to the beginning of the log. i probably have too much time on my hands though.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
i always post my workout - sets/reps because i think its important that the reader knows how i train. beside it, i list the change in weight (if any), so the reader doesn't have to scroll back to the beginning of the log. i probably have too much time on my hands though.
I like to see some, maybe somthing the OP wants to focus on, but seeing a full WO in detail is very tough to follow, especially if you dig up the thread after its done, 4-6 weeks of WO is a lot.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Feedback in the form of entries wins you products :thumbsup: !!!

:icon_lol:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/101775-controlled-labs-blue-16.html

I like this log's amount of detail and honesty. This is something I pride myself on is honesty in a log. He didn't fudge any numbers pre or post log. He posted pictures, and we saw exactly what he did every day. He even posted his meal plans, wow.

I haven't tried blue gene, but it does peak my interest. I am a visual and detail person and he easily catered to my wants without even trying. If I were running a log, the Deucester would definitely be one of my loggers. I also liked that he kept running his usual staples so that he could understand that difference of a new variable.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/62682-my-purple-wrath.html

I like how this user was honest and objective in everything he rated.I'm going to copy, paste, and put into quotation what the reviewer has to say and right below compare my experience.

Mix ability

"When I first mixed it up, there was still quite a bit of stuff left floating in my shaker... but the majority of what was left dissolved within 2-3 min."

Mix ability was not an issue for myself. Mixed well for myself.

Taste

"I thought that the taste was a little funky, I didn't enjoy it but it wasn't like I couldn't drink it. I'm sure the new taste in the improved formula is much better."

I didn't think it was funky; however, I did think it was a bit chalky like and might have choked me a bit. I think this could use improvement.

Pump

This gave me an overall good pump, wasn't extreme but it was more than what i normally get in the gym. It was more than I expected because I wasn't expecting anything as far as a pump goes.

I really didn't notice. maybe a bit more of a pump due to the ingredients like cillatine mall ate, l-nova, I know the literature on these. Maybe an increased pump, nothing huge or anything recognized.

Overall

"Good Supp. Nuff Said. I think everyone knows this already. Flavor was the only issue but I'm sure it has been fixed in the updated version."

I believe I tried the updated version? Overall it is good stuff I mean anyone who knows there stuff knows beta alanine and bcaa's work along with cillirtine malate for increase no production , ginger for soothing the stomach.Overall works very well and does what it says it does.

Last edited:
Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reviewing a Beastly Review...

This post scrutinizes the thread: http://http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/61860-beastly-review-pw.html

It is fairly mundane, with standard features that communicate somewhat helpful but umimpressive facts. That is not to say this a bad review, merely "run-of-the-mill."

This particular review was chosen in part for it's title (the term "GFH" amuses me every time I encounter it) and in part for the products the user OBeast was reviewing. Purple Wraath has provided much benefit, energy and improved recovery for me in the past, and White Flood is increasingly becoming of interest to me with it's tablet-form release and the logs associated therewith.

OBeast utilizes the 1-10 number scale to evaluate a number of factors pertaining to WF and PW. On the whole, these numbers are what you would typically expect; scores ranging from 8-10 form a large majority. While I am sure that OBeast did find his products to be great in most respects, the 1-10 scale does little to set his CL supplements of choice apart from the myriad of other products similarly rated elsewhere on AM.

That being said, his scores for both "eye candy/first impression" and "taste" were 5/10 and 2/10, respectively.
Eye candy/first impression: 5/10...Taste: 2/10
Therefore, though everything else tops the charts by his standards, he is still objective enough to report a shortcoming.

In addition to his numeric ratings, OBeast comments on each of his "factors", beginning with his low scoring "eye candy/first impression":
Eye candy/first impression: 5/10
I really like Cl's labeling and the safety orange color of the WF really makes the product look serious and somehow powerfull, but when I cracked open the container and gave it the whiff test I threw up a liitle in my mouth.
Unfortuneately, he only comments upon his first contact with the White Flood, forgetting the Purple Wraath. However, his feelings are made perfectly clear. I cannot comment on White Flood's smell. I will say the packaging is nice, but I must admit that if a supplement works well enough to use consistently, I'd take it if it smelled awful and came in a plastic bag.

Mixability: 10/10
The only similar product of this nature I have used is Charge from Labrada I think and It was like drinking sandy water. I put this stuff in a shaker bottle gave it a little shaky-shaky and viola mixed. There were a few shiney blue things I could see swirling around the bottle, But I couldnt feel them going down and that is what is important to me.
Every amino acid product I have ever used has retained some amount of sedimentation. I do agree with him, though, in that there is very little of it when PW is dissolved and mixed.

Taste: 2/10
I know a lot of people say playing with the quantity of the water makes a difference and I will see but at 1 scoop PW, 2 scoops WF, and 25 ounces of water it was bad,real bad.
Now, OBeast used an outdated release of PW and WF, meaning that the flavors of both have since been updated, upgraded and improved. Still, he gives his honest opinion and even "stuck with it", experimenting with water volume until he found a concentration he enjoyed:
This time I used 2 scoops WF, 1 scoop PW, 50 ounces of water.
This amount of water I think is just right. This makes it a completely different animal. It actually tastes like something designed for human consumption, pleasant even. The fact that it actually tastes pleasant means I was able to sip it over about 15-20 minutes. This in turn really helped with the focus/energy. Before, the energy hit so hard I was a bit jittery but not this time. So my updated scores are.
Taste: 8/10
Energy: 10/10
This really easily could have been one of those lazy saturdays but not with this stuff. I drank it about 1:00 and at 1:25 as I pulled into the parking lot I started feeling the tingle and knew it was going to be a good day.
Typical comment for a pre-workout mix, something I myself have been guilty of, I am sure. His energy is up and he's got Beta-Alanine Paresthesia. A little vague and general, but most loggers have been in the same position.

Focus: 8/10
The focus was great today except I dont usually get a lot of caffeine and after my first set I felt a little jittery so I walked into the locker-room and sat down for a minute and tried to calm down. It worked and It was smooth energy all the way after that.
"Jittery" energy cannot be automatically assumed to be due to caffeine, as White Flood contains plenty of other ergogenic ingredients that could just as likely contribute to such a feeling in one unaccustomed to those substances. His heightened focus is likewise cumulatively due to these same ingredients.

Pump: 10/10
I am giving this a 10 but I almost felt like a different 'kind' of pump. After my first set which was a superset of flat bench and wide grip low pulley rows I didnt really feel anything different but when I went into the locker-room and saw myself in the mirrors I was like "Damn, my pecs are swole!!" And this trend continued I didnt really feel a pump but the mirror said otherwise. Which was really the thing I liked best because the "pump and the burn" sometimes is a bit of a destraction to me especially in my arms when I am trying to do back.
I really don't like evaluating a supp based upon the "pump" it provides, as a "pump" is only one of a number of factors that indicate and influence hypertrophy. I have gained plenty of muscle and size in the past without incurring or attempting to achieve a "pump". With that understood, I can easily see how White Flood could rate so highly on his scale; it does contain several nitric oxide enhancing ingredients as well as vasodilators, resulting in a potent combination for eliciting a "pump"

Overall: 10/10
I know this isn't and average of the above scores but really, is smell and taste that important in a sup. It really performed in the gym and that is all that matters to me. If taste was that important I would have just drank some Kool-aid and sat on the couch all day.... mmmmmm ..... Kool-aid.
No final thoughts on the products other than "they work." Are they exceptional? Will you be using them again? Did you find them overpriced or a steal in value? Additionally, the majority of his feedback could pertain entirely to WF, leaving poor PW out in the cold. Where is the mention of decreased recovery time, increased stamina, abnormal progress or something of the like? Just using PW alone, I felt much better both during and after my workout (more endurance, less drained), but PW's effects are sadly left mainly to the imagination.

OBeast evaluated these CL products fairly as he saw it and honestly as well. His detail is somewhat lacking and methods are a little mediocre, but noone is asking for perfection. I would have appreciated further updates (he does mention that WF upsets his stomach under certain circumstances) perhaps with progress in strength or weight-gain or size delineated. In the absence of these, we can conclude that he had an enjoyable workout and that he benefitted from and liked his CL stack. I too heartily say that my experiences with CL and their products have all been enjoyable and effective.

Thank RR for running this contest and my apologies if this review is a little lengthy.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Here we go :) Great entries guys.
LOTS of detail!!!!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Bah, I have been slacking because Ive been so busy. I have to throw mine up soon.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Gonna try and hop on this one after school today :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
what the hell is your avatar supposed to be?? looks familiar......maybe from a video game or movie....i think its a video game

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
what the hell is your avatar supposed to be?? looks familiar......maybe from a video game or movie....i think its a video game

Is it??? LOL I don't even know. I think he's a jacked badass looking thing. I think I may change it though.

Edit: Doom or Quake perhaps? lol

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
maybe its quake, not sure, thats really the only game i have played with mythical creatures like this.....................i will fond out, because it will piss me off if i dont lol
i wouldnt change it lol..........but im gunna find a kewler one lol

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
maybe its quake, not sure, thats really the only game i have played with mythical creatures like this.....................i will fond out, because it will piss me off if i dont lol
i wouldnt change it lol..........but im gunna find a kewler one lol
Good once you do I'll steal the squirrel one you got :D

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
haha they have one for a gopher, and one of a squirrel with a massive nut bag.........just search google images for "animals with guns"

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
Rr !! We Should Have A All Out War With Awesome Avatars Lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/101775-controlled-labs-blue-16.html

I like this log's amount of detail and honesty. This is something I pride myself on is honesty in a log. He didn't fudge any numbers pre or post log. He posted pictures, and we saw exactly what he did every day. He even posted his meal plans, wow.

I haven't tried blue gene, but it does peak my interest. I am a visual and detail person and he easily catered to my wants without even trying. If I were running a log, the Deucester would definitely be one of my loggers. I also liked that he kept running his usual staples so that he could understand that difference of a new variable.
I appreciate that you would choose my thread to review....good review also, Thank you!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
You are welcome Deucester. I hope I win. :) Could we do multiple entries? Lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
If I get a free minute, I will do one of these...i've been so damn busy lately :(

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sure, you guys can do as many as you want. The more the better! There's alot of good logs and reviews on here that are hidden :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This post scrutinizes the thread: http://http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/61860-beastly-review-pw.html

It is fairly mundane, with standard features that communicate somewhat helpful but umimpressive facts. That is not to say this a bad review, merely "run-of-the-mill."

This particular review was chosen in part for it's title (the term "GFH" amuses me every time I encounter it) and in part for the products the user OBeast was reviewing. Purple Wraath has provided much benefit, energy and improved recovery for me in the past, and White Flood is increasingly becoming of interest to me with it's tablet-form release and the logs associated therewith.

OBeast utilizes the 1-10 number scale to evaluate a number of factors pertaining to WF and PW. On the whole, these numbers are what you would typically expect; scores ranging from 8-10 form a large majority. While I am sure that OBeast did find his products to be great in most respects, the 1-10 scale does little to set his CL supplements of choice apart from the myriad of other products similarly rated elsewhere on AM.

That being said, his scores for both "eye candy/first impression" and "taste" were 5/10 and 2/10, respectively.

Therefore, though everything else tops the charts by his standards, he is still objective enough to report a shortcoming.

In addition to his numeric ratings, OBeast comments on each of his "factors", beginning with his low scoring "eye candy/first impression":

Unfortuneately, he only comments upon his first contact with the White Flood, forgetting the Purple Wraath. However, his feelings are made perfectly clear. I cannot comment on White Flood's smell. I will say the packaging is nice, but I must admit that if a supplement works well enough to use consistently, I'd take it if it smelled awful and came in a plastic bag.

Every amino acid product I have ever used has retained some amount of sedimentation. I do agree with him, though, in that there is very little of it when PW is dissolved and mixed.

Now, OBeast used an outdated release of PW and WF, meaning that the flavors of both have since been updated, upgraded and improved. Still, he gives his honest opinion and even "stuck with it", experimenting with water volume until he found a concentration he enjoyed:

Typical comment for a pre-workout mix, something I myself have been guilty of, I am sure. His energy is up and he's got Beta-Alanine Paresthesia. A little vague and general, but most loggers have been in the same position.

"Jittery" energy cannot be automatically assumed to be due to caffeine, as White Flood contains plenty of other ergogenic ingredients that could just as likely contribute to such a feeling in one unaccustomed to those substances. His heightened focus is likewise cumulatively due to these same ingredients.

I really don't like evaluating a supp based upon the "pump" it provides, as a "pump" is only one of a number of factors that indicate and influence hypertrophy. I have gained plenty of muscle and size in the past without incurring or attempting to achieve a "pump". With that understood, I can easily see how White Flood could rate so highly on his scale; it does contain several nitric oxide enhancing ingredients as well as vasodilators, resulting in a potent combination for eliciting a "pump"

No final thoughts on the products other than "they work." Are they exceptional? Will you be using them again? Did you find them overpriced or a steal in value? Additionally, the majority of his feedback could pertain entirely to WF, leaving poor PW out in the cold. Where is the mention of decreased recovery time, increased stamina, abnormal progress or something of the like? Just using PW alone, I felt much better both during and after my workout (more endurance, less drained), but PW's effects are sadly left mainly to the imagination.

OBeast evaluated these CL products fairly as he saw it and honestly as well. His detail is somewhat lacking and methods are a little mediocre, but noone is asking for perfection. I would have appreciated further updates (he does mention that WF upsets his stomach under certain circumstances) perhaps with progress in strength or weight-gain or size delineated. In the absence of these, we can conclude that he had an enjoyable workout and that he benefitted from and liked his CL stack. I too heartily say that my experiences with CL and their products have all been enjoyable and effective.

Thank RR for running this contest and my apologies if this review is a little lengthy.
Very strong entry :thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/62682-my-purple-wrath.html

I like how this user was honest and objective in everything he rated.I'm going to copy, paste, and put into quotation what the reviewer has to say and right below compare my experience.

Mix ability

"When I first mixed it up, there was still quite a bit of stuff left floating in my shaker... but the majority of what was left dissolved within 2-3 min."

Mix ability was not an issue for myself. Mixed well for myself.

Taste

"I thought that the taste was a little funky, I didn't enjoy it but it wasn't like I couldn't drink it. I'm sure the new taste in the improved formula is much better."

I didn't think it was funky; however, I did think it was a bit chalky like and might have choked me a bit. I think this could use improvement.

Pump

This gave me an overall good pump, wasn't extreme but it was more than what i normally get in the gym. It was more than I expected because I wasn't expecting anything as far as a pump goes.

I really didn't notice. maybe a bit more of a pump due to the ingredients like cillatine mall ate, l-nova, I know the literature on these. Maybe an increased pump, nothing huge or anything recognized.

Overall

"Good Supp. Nuff Said. I think everyone knows this already. Flavor was the only issue but I'm sure it has been fixed in the updated version."

I believe I tried the updated version? Overall it is good stuff I mean anyone who knows there stuff knows beta alanine and bcaa's work along with cillirtine malate for increase no production , ginger for soothing the stomach.Overall works very well and does what it says it does.

Nice entry!!! :thumbsup:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/68690-vince-spiders-blue.html

Vince Spider did an unsponsered log of the stim-free Blue-up. I did as one as well.(about a year ago)http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/78842-smeton-s-stim.html I also put pictures in mine. Skip to the end to see the progress pictures. many say the Trib doesnt do gains. From what i know Trib needs to be high proto at least 30 -40 % or higher. The Longjack works and boosting test , i believe.

I liked the fact Vince put his lifts down each week and how much weight was increased. he made some nice strength gains.

I did the same and although blue up isn't a powerful hormone it did give me a boost to train eight weeks using Dc. usually after six weeks of Dc I would get tired. In conclusion blue up adds recovery time and a bit more in the tank than normal.

haha and the fact he gets ready to fight some punk kid in traffic and blames it in the blue up testosterone levels lmaoooo.....

Ps someone might want to do a review on my log. Esp since I posted before , during, and after photos.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/68690-vince-spiders-blue.html

Vince Spider did an unsponsered log of the stim-free Blue-up. I did as one as well.(about a year ago)http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/78842-smeton-s-stim.html I also put pictures in mine. Skip to the end to see the progress pictures. many say the Trib doesnt do gains. From what i know Trib needs to be high proto at least 30 -40 % or higher. The Longjack works and boosting test , i believe.

I liked the fact Vince put his lifts down each week and how much weight was increased. he made some nice strength gains.

I did the same and although blue up isn't a powerful hormone it did give me a boost to train eight weeks using Dc. usually after six weeks of Dc I would get tired. In conclusion blue up adds recovery time and a bit more in the tank than normal.

Ps someone might want to do a review on my log. Esp since I posted before , during, and after photos.
Nice choice... ;)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's Review Rosie!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/109678-rosie-s-mini.html
This particular thread was chosen not because it displays any incredible progress or change in the user, but rather for her attention to detail and descriptive analysis of her experience.

Guejsn refers to her thread as a "mini review", which really is a goodname for it, as it is her first impressions of Green Magnitude after only one usage. She begins with a link for more information on Green Mag and follows with a brief description of its intended effects - always a good thing. When reading a review for a product I am interested in, a link to a detailed description and/or retailer makes learning about the product much easier.

Like most reviews, she utilizes the 1-10 number scale to indicate her like or dislike for the subjects various aspects. This method is hardly my favorite, but provided it is couple with an explanation for each score, it certainly can fulfill its intended purpose. And Rosie gives fine additional information along with her numeric scores, giving the reader an actual understanding of how the supplement performed and not just an arbitrary number.

She begins with taste, giving it a 10 and claiming it is the "best tasting supplement she has ever had. I agree that Green Mag does taste great (it turns even bulk p-slin and BCAAs into a palatable intra-workout drink) but, honestly, it wouldn't top my list; there are several supplements I use that would eek past it. However, this factor is a matter of opinion and I am glad for Rosie that she so enjoyed her sample's flavor.

She goes on to evaluate solubility, strength, energy, endurance, performance, protein synthesis and closes with an overall score; awarding Green Magnitude a 7.5. For her, Green Mag's strong points were it's taste, it's solubility and the endurance it afforded throughout her workout. Solubility is not something I have ever given much thought to, but Green Mag does, in fact, dissolve quite readily and quickly. The endurance it provides is certainly a step up from Creatine Monohydrate, in my opinion; I see why Guejsn considers this one of its strong points.

Now, this was a review of a sample - a single serving; and as such, no real difference or noticeable overall progress could be distinguished, which Rosie readily acknowledges. Therefore, when answering the question "Would She Use This Again?", Rosie bases her answer more seemingly off of the ingredients, comparing it to Neovar Recomped or Cre02. IMO, if given the choice, I'd stack Green Mag with Neovar (I haven't tried CreO2 and so cannot comment). Neovar's repartitioning capacities lend itself towards use in the presence of carbs, while Green Mag, being easily soluble and great tasting is perfect for intra-workout. But then again, I'm much larger than Rosie's petite 5'2" frame and as such, am sure one creatine or the other is sufficient for her.

Rosie gives her honest opinion and a good and detailed evaluation of her experience. Such feedback on a free sample is considerate of her, I think. It was a fair bit of effort for such a small thing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/controlled-labs/109678-rosie-s-mini.html
This particular thread was chosen not because it displays any incredible progress or change in the user, but rather for her attention to detail and descriptive analysis of her experience.

Guejsn refers to her thread as a "mini review", which really is a goodname for it, as it is her first impressions of Green Magnitude after only one usage. She begins with a link for more information on Green Mag and follows with a brief description of its intended effects - always a good thing. When reading a review for a product I am interested in, a link to a detailed description and/or retailer makes learning about the product much easier.

Like most reviews, she utilizes the 1-10 number scale to indicate her like or dislike for the subjects various aspects. This method is hardly my favorite, but provided it is couple with an explanation for each score, it certainly can fulfill its intended purpose. And Rosie gives fine additional information along with her numeric scores, giving the reader an actual understanding of how the supplement performed and not just an arbitrary number.

She begins with taste, giving it a 10 and claiming it is the "best tasting supplement she has ever had. I agree that Green Mag does taste great (it turns even bulk p-slin and BCAAs into a palatable intra-workout drink) but, honestly, it wouldn't top my list; there are several supplements I use that would eek past it. However, this factor is a matter of opinion and I am glad for Rosie that she so enjoyed her sample's flavor.

She goes on to evaluate solubility, strength, energy, endurance, performance, protein synthesis and closes with an overall score; awarding Green Magnitude a 7.5. For her, Green Mag's strong points were it's taste, it's solubility and the endurance it afforded throughout her workout. Solubility is not something I have ever given much thought to, but Green Mag does, in fact, dissolve quite readily and quickly. The endurance it provides is certainly a step up from Creatine Monohydrate, in my opinion; I see why Guejsn considers this one of its strong points.

Now, this was a review of a sample - a single serving; and as such, no real difference or noticeable overall progress could be distinguished, which Rosie readily acknowledges. Therefore, when answering the question "Would She Use This Again?", Rosie bases her answer more seemingly off of the ingredients, comparing it to Neovar Recomped or Cre02. IMO, if given the choice, I'd stack Green Mag with Neovar (I haven't tried CreO2 and so cannot comment). Neovar's repartitioning capacities lend itself towards use in the presence of carbs, while Green Mag, being easily soluble and great tasting is perfect for intra-workout. But then again, I'm much larger than Rosie's petite 5'2" frame and as such, am sure one creatine or the other is sufficient for her.

Rosie gives her honest opinion and a good and detailed evaluation of her experience. Such feedback on a free sample is considerate of her, I think. It was a fair bit of effort for such a small thing.
:thumbsup: This one was a good choice!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
"GlycerGROW Review!

Taste: 8/10
When scooped directly in your mouth, its a sweet/salty taste that almost is reminiscent of fried foods. I really like the taste of it!

Mixibility: 3/10
Simply put, this stuff does not mix in liquids. It just floats at the top. The scooper however is small, and the taste of the powder is mild, so I recommend scooping it directly in the mouth and chasing with water.

Effectiveness: 7/10
Taken 1-2 scoops every day.

While it's only been about 2 weeks on GG, the results have been very good. What's interesting is that you need to increase you water intake when taking GlycerGROW, in order for you to a) make it work better and b) not become dehydrated. I thought it was going to be tough to drink so much water, however once you take the GG you become sort of dry-mouthed and thirsty. This is a good feeling because you know GG is putting the H20 where it needs to go: into your muscles, cells, etc. So drinking more water on this stuff is actually pleasant-I didn't have to force any down!

The pumps have been really good. while I lift for strength and hypertrophy and not so much the pumps, it is a pleasant side effect.

The endurance with GG has been very surprising. I've felt more energy and will-to-lift during my workouts. I'm quite surprised at this.

The biggest effect of GG has been the volumization. They don't lie when they say "Cell BURST Formula". I've seen myself being much more vascular and full, since starting. I've opted for smaller doses everyday, instead of large doses a few times per week. I feel this has kept me 'swelled' up and volumized. I really can't wait for this stuff during the summer!!" by RENEGADE ROWS

RENEGADE ROWS did a great job at reviewing GlycerGROW (GG). i myself have used GG and it lasts for a very very long time!

i agree with RR pretty much all the way through.....the only thing i didnt feel when i used it was the pumps...but i could care less about those. it doesnt mix at all in the water...so your gunna have to "parachute" it.but its worth it! i too felt "swelled up" as it allows you to drink more water, and allows more water into cells! and the endurance was surprising as he puts it...i like the overall way he describes exactly what he likes about the product and how he is honest with his review (seeming as he is a rep).i also enjoy the number ratings, very helpful!

and i have to thank RR for his advice in using CL products as he got me into them, and they have been very good, well priced, productive products!

and if you havent tried Green mag....do it! .............NOW!!!!

and i would recommend stacking GG with some sort of creatine, as both will help hydrate your cells and keep you running while working out, or whatever your doing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/51906-controlled-labs-black.html

i have wanted to know about BlackHole for a while now, and all the reviews i have seen arent that great, i want to try it out one of these days, but the reviews kinda want to make me wanna stay away.......how ever it does look promising, its coming from a great company that has all great products..... i dont really see how it can go wrong lol
i like the review because it was done on a smaller person, the thing i dont like is that it was done on a ill person about to receive a stem cell transplant, i wouldnt be messing with supplements before an operation this serious lol

one day im gunna try it and log it! some times you just gotta see for your self!