*NEW* Controlled Labs Contest: Review the Review!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Well I'm going on a GFH rampage, but it seems like Tattoo never posted a final review? Golden Finish.. Yeah I shower in that s#*t log. (Sponsered Log)
    From some of his last entries,
    Things are starting to come to a close on the GF log. I am hitting chest today, and back/triceps tomorrow, quads on Saturday. I must say I wasnt expecting what I saw out of Golden Finish. I have to honestly say that I will be using GF for a long time. It is clearly the best PWO supplement I've tried, and coupled with a good diet and training plan, the results you can see for yourself.

I will post up final pictures over the next few weeks.. I am working on a shoot with a photographer and that will hopefully happen next week, so I will try and post those as my final pics.
    Hit hamstrings yesterday and will hit shoulders today. Things have been progressing well. I am very pleased with Golden Finish. It goes down easy, easy to mix (especially in my blender bottle), and I've become quite fond of the taste.
    Somehow he managed to get it to mix easily , which I suppose it true it's just the clumps that get you!
    I might try PMing him for a fuller review, however he did seem satisfied, judging by his post "It is clearly the best PWO supplement I've tried ". How's that for an endorsement

2. Drink enough Distilled Water and you can give all your freinds a Golden Finish

Taste: He was brutally honest with 5/10 , and backed it up nicely.
    Mixability: Good feedback here about not using a blender.
    Recovery: Good anecdotal.
    Muscle Glycogen Replenishment: A bit redudant, could have been mentioned in recovery
    Overall Rateing: Typo! Gah! I like his final summary, and think this was a well done review

Honestly if your looking for something with a sweet taste and what not GF is probably not for you but if you can man up then GF is for you. Results are what matter most to me and thats what GF gave me.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I am going to produce this write up with it being divided into several categories with a rating out of 10. Those categories are:
    Taste, Mixability, Feeling, Effect on weight, and Overall

Taste:
    After trying the sample a ways back, I liked the taste, but am always concerned that a specific taste like this might wear on me, and have me gagging at the end. Not the case with GF. In fact it was quite the opposite. When I started I “liked” the taste, but was not truly sold on it. However, after the first week concluded I started to really dig the taste and actually began to look forward to it. That was not something I expected.
    Rating 9.5/10

Mixability:
    Here was the one major draw back in my opinion. Once I got the right amount of water and GF, I thought I would be in pretty good shape. However, even with a blender, it was difficult to get the mixture right. To be honest, at times that became quite frustrating, as I don’t always want to use a blender for my shakes, I would rather use a shaker cup, as the cleanup is a pain in the butt. Rating 3/10

Feeling:
    The sample gave me a crazy pump, and I do mean crazy. Going through the log, the pump lessened and really only changed in any way dependent upon the workout I was doing. I noticed that the more giant sets I did, the greater the after effect I received from GF. I did like the idea of the digestive enzymes as that allowed me to eat a little something with it, but after taking in 40oz I was not all that hungry to be honest, and it became a meal of its own. Rating 7.5/10

Effect on Weight:
    With the type of body that I have, I can back on weight without issue, it is losing weight that I tend to struggle with. With GF, weight packed on very quickly. However, I was concerned that it was not all positive weight, as I tend to be a bit carb sensitive. On the plus side, I tested Universal Torrents newest flavor, and I got far better results on GF than I did on that, which I believe use WMS. I am not a huge fan of WMS to be honest. Final thought on this, my weight went down a few lbs as a result of personal issues, but I am sure had those not transpired, my weight would have continued to increase. Rating 8.5/10

Overall:
    So overall thoughts? This is a good product, and if you lift 5 days a week, it is a reasonable price for a 1 month supply. I will acknowledge that I had difficulty with it as previously discussed, however I am overall quite pleased, and would consider buying this if and when I do my next bulk. I am planning a several month cut to find the abs I had years ago, I know they exist damn it. So in closing, if you are planning a bulk in the near future, this product is far better than Torrent, and it is recommended by yours truly.
    Final Rating: 7.125/10 (I actually used math for this)
    Taste: To each their own like I said before lol. Good reasoning.
    Mixability: Good feedback about the difficulty.
    Feeling: Good anecdotal feedback here, although I found GFH never fills me up that much.
    Weight; Nice comparison with Torrent
    Overall: I feel this review was lacking a category for price/value, which tends to be important to many customers. Also he didn't really go into detail about his body type in his final review, which could make it hard for people to grasp if they didn't follow his log. In the future I would suggest he include a value category. Otherwise I liked the review

4. jaymdubbs' Golden FinisH Log

Originally Posted by jaymdubbs
    It was a very interesting time when GFH was announced. I was in the market for another post workout protein/carb mix, and was comparing Torrent, Replenish, etc. And then GFH was announced. I really liked the ingredient profile of GFH, and was excited when I was made a tester.

I have always had decent recovery (stemming from my nutrition and supplementation) - but I definitely felt my recovery was up while taking GFH.

A recap of my initial measurements:

Weight - 185
    Body fat - (using Tanita scale, lowest 6.6, highest 9.1)

Here are my measurements now

Weight - 181
    Body Fat (lowest 6.3, highest 8.8)

I lost 4 pounds while eating maintenance caloric intake (and that was about 95% strict) - so I attribute some of that loss to waste/water

Visually, I still look full and I feel great. Strength increased slightly, and my muscle endurance increased as my volume increased.

My main goal was add some mass to my shoulders and arms (and I hate myself for not taking measurements, because they do look a little more full)

Overall 9/10

The taste was fantastic - after playing with how much water to add, I found 15 oz was my sweet spot. What I enjoyed the most was the consistency of the shake (weird, I know)

I did always have a sugary taste in mouth that wouldnt go away until the next day (even after brushing my teeth) which is strange as there is no sugar in it.

No gastric issues to speak of, never had any "problems". occasional rumblings from the GM WF combination, but that was well before my GFH shake.

Obviously, this is NOT a miracle shake, but with a good training schedule, nutrition, and hard intensity, GFH is one of the better if not best post workout shake I can recommend that I felt made a difference, and I have tried a lot of different products to compare it to.

No post workout carb coma to speak of either (even with some of the r-ala)

I can honestly say that I have figured out a way to include this in my monthly budget for supplements, and has become a staple in my nutrition.

I would like to thank Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test this awesome product! Now all they need is an anytime whey protein and a stand alone insulin mimicker and then i would never have to purchase from another company again!

I thought jaymdubbs did a good review overall. I don't remember Golden fish leaving a sugary taste in my mouth. I do remember after I took it I felt really good. My guess was the l-phenylalanine. I do remember recovery being enhanced which is whats it designed for great product.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

5. Golden Finish From Controlled Labs

In this log Whitedevil goes on to say something is making him euphoric and I comment it's the pea which i said above. overall decent log I guess. Ending could have been stronger and didn't see a final review. Its a no brain er Golden finish works I said this from the get -go anyone who halfway knows supplements knows whats in this stuff is golden.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

6. CL Golden Finish Initial Review

Quote Originally Posted by LatSpread View Post
    Taste-10/10

Kills torrent and even edges out Nitronx in the taste dept, smells and tastes like banana laffy taffy, the more water the more the taste is comparable to laffy taffy. I will also add there is a very sweet aftertaste that lasts for hours after consumption, even after eating a few meals.

Profile-8/10

It reminds me of Torrent, but with better carbs (more on that later), and digestive enzymes rather than a creatine blend, I myself would have liked to see creatine mono in the formula as well as another 10g of carbs/serving. I also feel the roughly 50mg k-r-ala is underdosed.

Carb Source-7.5/10

I'm taken back that the carb source is not revealed, but it mixes and to the eye GFH looks like yellow colored wheat grass. It keeps me full much longer than malto, dex, wms and other "quick carbs" I have used, and the texture is nothing like these other carbs.

Price-6/10

2$ a serving is a lot IMO, especially if you want to use a dose above the recommended 3 scoops (for larger BBers). The problem with saying its over priced though is I have no idea how much the raws cost (particularly the carb sources).

Overall-8/10

From what I've noticed thus far this is quickly becoming my fav postWO formula. I'll add to this review after finishing my gfh tub.

Never took torrent. Have taken ast hsc creatine and ap2 protein mixed which was totally different. this taste a lot different and more exotic/hedonistic. yeah i think i do remember a taste being left in my mouth, cant really say for certain though since its been a while back since it was drank.

carb source 7.5..The carb source is amazing..try it and see

profile...8/10 ...8/10 is pretty high so I generally agree. yes I do think it could have added some creatine. I buy mine separate though so its no biggie. yes the ala at 50 mgs is under dosed I agree. 100 mgs of ala would be better. still though...unless I see something I don't agree with i basically agree unless I know better.

price 6/10 agreed it is a bit high. If you have the money go for it or for a Christmas, birthday or any present. I said the same thing in my golden Finish log towards the end.

overall 8/10 agreed. Golden Finish is great for a change of taste and the most euphoric postworkout drink Ive done.

7. Woah, lots of new entries!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

8. i realize i shouldnt have said anything lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Golden Finish From Controlled Labs

In this log Whitedevil goes on to say something is making him euphoric and I comment it's the pea which i said above. overall decent log I guess. Ending could have been stronger and didn't see a final review. Its a no brain er Golden finish works I said this from the get -go anyone who halfway knows supplements knows whats in this stuff is golden.
    Unless his GFH was spiked, there's no PEA in it lol. Perhaps you've confused the L-Phenylalanine with phenylethylamine (PEA) ?

10. Here's a finale for the GFH Reviews Reviewed... by some guy Steveo

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ml#post1464598
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Golden Finish- Final Review

Mixability-8.5/10
    Doesn't mix as well as micronized/small particle powders, but that is to be expected. However if you add the powder after the water and shake well in a blender bottle, you're almost assured no clumps in <30s.

Taste:7/10
    Just wasn't sweet enough for me, and didn't have that much of a "tropical" flavour. It also had a bit of a chalky taste from the complex carbs which slightly detracted from the taste.

Effectiveness: 9/10
    In comparison to my usual regime of 5g Glutamine/BCAA/Leucine, the ingredients of GFH provide more recovery . The 14g of BCAA's/EAA's provide lots of Amino acids to helps set the body in an anabolic state, and with these vital elements getting absorbed so shortly after my workout, I feel they were able to minimize any muscle catabolism .

Usage Suggestions:
    I would recommend mixing 1-2 scoops in 10-20 oz. of water. Start sipping on this halfway through you workout, then take the 3rd scoop after working out. I've found this doesn't affect my workout intensity, and allows me to have my PWO meal sooner.

Alternatively, you can take it as a PWO shake like recommended. If so, I would recommend adding another ~25g of protein to get the 2:1 ratio of Carbs:Protein, your choice whether fast or slow acting. My suggestion would be some milk and/or ground oats, but that is just my dogma.

Value: 7.5/10
    This product delivers many components together in a convenient and tasty formula. While you could make a similar product yourself, the convenience is important and the value of the ingredients alone adds up quickly. I remember CL mentioning there is little markup on GFH, and if you look at the quality ingredients included you would see why. At $2 a serving, this doesn't come cheap so if you're not willing to spend much you could get by with bulk powders with poorer taste.

In the past I've had little DOMS, but that was mainly from a stagnant training routine. When I started German Volume Training, it really took the intensity up a level, and this is when GFH really shined. I feel it helped keep the DOMS to a minimum by helping my muscles repair and regrow quickly.

Overall:
    8/10
    I can't stress the importance of recovery, and this product will allow you to start shuttling nutrients that your body needs quickly in the post workout. GFH does an e****lent job of providing nutrients as a PWO shake that could use some added carbs, and makes a fantastic albeit pricey intra-WO drink if you can stomach it (which I did just fine). Overall this product is great for people who believe an insulin spike isn't necessary post-WO, and desire a flavoured premade PWO shake. Golden Finish commands a high price at $2/serving, but if it were to go on sale in the future I would probably pick up another tub for the convenience and the great recovery is provided.
    Man it's hard picking on my own review
    Mixability: I explained how I mixed it up, sounds fair to me.
    Taste: After my 2nd tub I might have lowered this a tad, I am still hoping for a reformulation/flavour improvement.
    Usage Suggestions: I think this is a valuable suggestion to people that read the review, glad I included this.
    Value: Important to include this in reviews, because sometimes products work but are overpriced.
    Overall: Pretty happy with this review. I kept it short and sweet, and gave a pretty fair assessment. I realize I didn't comment much on my strength gains, however I think GFH is targetted more towards recovery, although a few lines on my experiences in the gym in the final review may have been useful. This may be biased lol
    •   

11. Emerge wanted a review of his log, so I felt up to the challenge.
    Taking Buffery to the Next Level (Sponsored White Flood Log)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Final Review

White Flood vs. RPM
    My goal in this log, besides the obvious determination of WF's efficacy, was to compare these White Flood tablets to RPM. I had been told that White Flood powder had a better ingredient profile for bulking than RPM (which is also a great supplement in its own right).

After the duration of this log, I would say that I believe WF does have an edge on RPM in the bulking aspect (for me at least). I like that WF does not give you that stimmed out feeling of rage that RPM does. Instead I feel a more natural energy and boost in willingness to just keep on going. With RPM I felt like I needed to go 100 miles per hour, but I really only enjoyed it when I was doing circuits, supersetting, tri-setting, or any other high heart rate activity. I do not want that type of experience when bulking. With WF, I had the type of energy where, at the end of workouts I would think to myself, "I'm done already?" WF made me want to add more volume to my workouts because I could handle more volume while using WF. Not the case with RPM necessarily.

However, it must be noted that if you are working out first thing in the morning and you pop WF on an empty stomach, you might get a stimmed out rage type of experience, like I did.

Actual Experience Versus Product Claims
    * Fast absorbing and fast acting
    I would have to disagree. In my experience 45 minutes pre-workout was not enough. On an empty stomach, maybe. However, most of the time the sweet spot for me was about 60-90 minutes.

* Synergy, strength and stamina
    I would agree. I did have nice strength gains from this supplement, but it was indirectly. To elaborate, the added volume of my workouts was directly by WF, but the strength gains were due to the added volume and stamina.

* Endurance and extreme pumps
    I think endurance and stamina are the same thing. Either way, I agree about endurance, but not about the extreme pumps. I would be a liar if I said I didn't experience pumps. Very often I did. However, I didn't have EXTREME pumps consistently or even most of the times. I'd say it was a step above normal pumps that I'd get without WF, if anything.

Would I buy this supplement/Use it again
    Yes, I definitely would use this supplement. Yes, I would definitely buy this supplement. Keep in mind that it gives you 40 servings which could last someone 3 months if they only took it on training days (training 3 times a week). That's not a bad deal for 40 bucks. I also enjoyed the focus that this supplement gave me, which I have never felt before. I felt like this helped me perform higher quality reps and feel the muscles working better.

Before Weight: 167.7
    After Weight: 174[/CENTER]
    - I Liked this inclusion of Before & After pics, should be a must for logs
    - Nice detail of workouts, shows effort. Some people don't care to see #'s, but I think it adds validity to the final review of a log
    - I liked the comparison to last week's workouts, shows progression
    Final Review Critique
    - Nice comparsion to RPM, this is what customers want to know, that is how it compares to other products they may have tried
    Actual experience vs claims was interesting. I'm surprised how long it took WF to hit you judging by personal experience, but it was well supported
    - I think you could have used a quick summary about strength gains. Some people don't follow whole logs and just read the final review. Also a quick summary about taste/mixability at the end would have been useful. You did touch on it in your next post though, which helps.
    - You can leave value out if you want since that is a subjective judgement. I like how you state you would buy this again; it's something I didn't mentioned in my review but I ended up purchasing it to show my support for CL
    - Overall a thorough and detailed log with a very fair review

12. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Unless his GFH was spiked, there's no PEA in it lol. Perhaps you've confused the L-Phenylalanine with phenylethylamine (PEA) ?
    . either one causes feelings of well being .

13. I didnt know we are allowed to rate our own...nice.http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...on-s-stim.html

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Todays my last day on Blue-up. Here is my progress picture -About two months on blue -up I gained 15 lbs-with Calories of course .

My Review Five stars -Absolutely awesome product in optimizing your testosterone levels if you need to feel like your eighteen again.I'd buy it again.There is one drawback the thirty percent proto in the Tribulus; although forty percent is expensive, I know companies can get it because it has been proven to work best. This stuff lived up to my expectations no doubt! Of course Diet, training , supplementation and sleep were good. I'm very satisfied Controlled Labs. Thanks for bringing this product to the bodybuilding community.

Highlights were strength and muscle-mass on lagging bodyparts. I don't know how much of the fifteen lbs weightgain is fat and water and I do know that Ive gained some nice musclemass.

[/IMG]
    Yesss! Rating my self...I gained 15 lbs and awesome strength in a natural testosterone boosting product of course diet is in order and the guys that don't gain are to blame for diet. I still agree the proto in the tribulus could be higher; however, it is the 10 % less than the highest ive been able to find and these have three testosterone booster compounds in one, which this other supplement didn't do this is the best bang for your body and buck hands down. My review is till five stars. For boosting natural testosterone this is incredible.While I was on blue-up People at work last year were saying im doing steroids at my job..., I took it as quite a compliment! lololol =)

Here are the pictures next to each other to compare changes..

Starting

One Month Later

One Month Later

Note* Next time take pictures when Im in peak condition..I took this last one a few days after I stopped training intensely and had a couple eat whatever I want meals.* No harm done- The Pictures speak for themselves.
    no words here The pictures speak for themselves. sure I gained a little body fat(and this was a couple days after i got off blue-up and splurged on the last picture. You can clearly see my legs back, chest, shoulders along with abs went up. Now look at the strength increases in my log...This testosterone booster works well and at the low price I highly recommend any person to take it wanting to gain strength and get bigger.

14. smeton, man, you are on a roll!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

15. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    smeton, man, you are on a roll!
    I've invested a lot of money in Controlled labs because I believe in them

16. Golden Finish Log

Last dose was today. Final review. It is well worth the money if you make a decent income. If I have the money Its in my cart.

Its a pain in the ass; provided you have the money, to take strait luecine powder from Np which tastes horrible. and this stuff is much better

in one word convient....did I spell that right lol
    My review could have been better and could have reviewed the taste more distinctly. The L-Phenylalanine, taurine , l-luecine and other amino acid's are very comforting to know the user is getting these benefits of increased hydration, increase protein synthesis and mood elevation.

QUOTE=smeton_yea;1192673]That first picture was me coming off a bulk Than I cut for three weeks using Golden Finish. Im at the beginning of my third week in "gaining musclemass without unwanted bodyfat"

For one It has 5 grams of luecine per serving. I take Luecine Post-training as it is the amino acid that stimulates muscle growth.Whether Nutraplanet brand or The stuff in Golden Finish I'll always take it, Just Golden Finish it nice tasting and more convient. The main thing is for me, and I don't know all of the research, is that Nutraplanet Luecine gags me taking to take that nasty ass powder down while this stuff is smooth sailing.

In addition, the added Taurine, Pea, and other little factors that count. The Carbohydrate source is nice, along with the quality protein. A Unique quality product, That's why I'm considering buying it, if my money isn't too in the dumps.[/QUOTE]

I could have used spell check,didn't know about it then i dont think, i could have done a better job of logging, now that im more of an experienced logger I see somethings I could have done better...used the same pictures of myself which is fine from the blue-up log; however, I didn't which end pictures which needed to be done. minus a point for that because pictures are always a plus for a log considering the visual. I agree with the good carb source and all of the three amazing complexes,Golden Protein Complex,Golden Carb Complex,and GFH Complex. I still say it's a little bit on the high side for the average person financially, although affordable for gifts like christmas, birthdays,just a gift, or just to try. The main thing that sold me on it is the convenience of this product. usually I'm mixing twelve nutraplanet powders together; with this its one of two scoops and I'm ready to run out the door post-training verses spending more time putting my bulk powders together. great tasting hedonistic taste.

17. WoW!!!!!!

18. Should we keep this contest going for a few more days?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Emerge wanted a review of his log, so I felt up to the challenge.
    Taking Buffery to the Next Level (Sponsored White Flood Log)

- I Liked this inclusion of Before & After pics, should be a must for logs
    - Nice detail of workouts, shows effort. Some people don't care to see #'s, but I think it adds validity to the final review of a log
    - I liked the comparison to last week's workouts, shows progression
    Final Review Critique
    - Nice comparsion to RPM, this is what customers want to know, that is how it compares to other products they may have tried
    Actual experience vs claims was interesting. I'm surprised how long it took WF to hit you judging by personal experience, but it was well supported
    - I think you could have used a quick summary about strength gains. Some people don't follow whole logs and just read the final review. Also a quick summary about taste/mixability at the end would have been useful. You did touch on it in your next post though, which helps.
    - You can leave value out if you want since that is a subjective judgement. I like how you state you would buy this again; it's something I didn't mentioned in my review but I ended up purchasing it to show my support for CL
    - Overall a thorough and detailed log with a very fair review
    Thanks for the critique.

20. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Should we keep this contest going for a few more days?
    Well, you can name me the winner now. Or later. Either way, you are delaying the inevitable.

I kid. I, personally, would like the chance to review some more. To better my chances. But, that's just my own personal agenda and would agree with any decision you make.

21. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Nah, I wanna see who won!

***NOW @ NP***

22. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Nah, I wanna see who won!
    dont worry bro, it was meeeeeeeeeeee. I got "brownie points"!

23. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Nah I could really use my product now...so if we just end this thing on time, I may get it by the time my last tub runs out

ps - the 6th is my birthday
    ^^^What a low blow...I bet someone neg's me for that
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

24. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    ^^^What a low blow...I bet someone neg's me for that
    Negged according to "law of attraction"

25. You guys are making this hard for us!

:My dog ate all my creatine and died:
    :I need CL products to live:
    :I lost my job and all I want for christmas is Purple WRAATH:

26. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    How'd you know?

***NOW @ NP***

27. hahaha i could totally add something to that list thats actually true...but since I want to win (or lose) fairly...I wouldn't dare :thumbsup:
    www.millenniumsport.net

28. Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    hahaha i could totally add something to that list thats actually true...but since I want to win (or lose) fairly...I wouldn't dare :thumbsup:
    Same here man
    (#2)

29. Winners at some point today Rows or did you decide to push it back?
    www.millenniumsport.net

30. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    You guys are making this hard for us!

:My dog ate all my creatine and died:
    :I need CL products to live:

all of the above, and the Grinch stole all my Xmas present early, AND if I dont win I might develop a bit of a studder...P-P-P-LEASE don't do this to me, AND...

OK, OK fine, none of the above is true.

Similar Forum Threads

1. CONTROLLED LABS GOLDEN GAINS REVIEW!!
    By GeekPoop in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 12:58 AM
  2. Controlled Labs Samples Review (mini review)
    By SouthernCharm in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:12 AM
  3. Controlled Labs Golden Gains Review
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 06:35 AM
  4. REducTION AM/PM By Controlled LABS! Sample review
    By MrBigPR in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
  5. Controlled Labs Orange Triad Review