*NEW* Controlled Labs Contest: Review the Review! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

*NEW* Controlled Labs Contest: Review the Review!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sure, you guys can do as many as you want. The more the better! There's alot of good logs and reviews on here that are hidden

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    There's alot of good logs and reviews on here that are hidden
    My thoughts exactly. Great!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    This post scrutinizes the thread: http://http://anabolicminds.com/foru...review-pw.html

It is fairly mundane, with standard features that communicate somewhat helpful but umimpressive facts. That is not to say this a bad review, merely "run-of-the-mill."

This particular review was chosen in part for it's title (the term "GFH" amuses me every time I encounter it) and in part for the products the user OBeast was reviewing. Purple Wraath has provided much benefit, energy and improved recovery for me in the past, and White Flood is increasingly becoming of interest to me with it's tablet-form release and the logs associated therewith.

OBeast utilizes the 1-10 number scale to evaluate a number of factors pertaining to WF and PW. On the whole, these numbers are what you would typically expect; scores ranging from 8-10 form a large majority. While I am sure that OBeast did find his products to be great in most respects, the 1-10 scale does little to set his CL supplements of choice apart from the myriad of other products similarly rated elsewhere on AM.

That being said, his scores for both "eye candy/first impression" and "taste" were 5/10 and 2/10, respectively.

Therefore, though everything else tops the charts by his standards, he is still objective enough to report a shortcoming.

In addition to his numeric ratings, OBeast comments on each of his "factors", beginning with his low scoring "eye candy/first impression":

Unfortuneately, he only comments upon his first contact with the White Flood, forgetting the Purple Wraath. However, his feelings are made perfectly clear. I cannot comment on White Flood's smell. I will say the packaging is nice, but I must admit that if a supplement works well enough to use consistently, I'd take it if it smelled awful and came in a plastic bag.

Every amino acid product I have ever used has retained some amount of sedimentation. I do agree with him, though, in that there is very little of it when PW is dissolved and mixed.

Now, OBeast used an outdated release of PW and WF, meaning that the flavors of both have since been updated, upgraded and improved. Still, he gives his honest opinion and even "stuck with it", experimenting with water volume until he found a concentration he enjoyed:

Typical comment for a pre-workout mix, something I myself have been guilty of, I am sure. His energy is up and he's got Beta-Alanine Paresthesia. A little vague and general, but most loggers have been in the same position.

"Jittery" energy cannot be automatically assumed to be due to caffeine, as White Flood contains plenty of other ergogenic ingredients that could just as likely contribute to such a feeling in one unaccustomed to those substances. His heightened focus is likewise cumulatively due to these same ingredients.

I really don't like evaluating a supp based upon the "pump" it provides, as a "pump" is only one of a number of factors that indicate and influence hypertrophy. I have gained plenty of muscle and size in the past without incurring or attempting to achieve a "pump". With that understood, I can easily see how White Flood could rate so highly on his scale; it does contain several nitric oxide enhancing ingredients as well as vasodilators, resulting in a potent combination for eliciting a "pump"

No final thoughts on the products other than "they work." Are they exceptional? Will you be using them again? Did you find them overpriced or a steal in value? Additionally, the majority of his feedback could pertain entirely to WF, leaving poor PW out in the cold. Where is the mention of decreased recovery time, increased stamina, abnormal progress or something of the like? Just using PW alone, I felt much better both during and after my workout (more endurance, less drained), but PW's effects are sadly left mainly to the imagination.

OBeast evaluated these CL products fairly as he saw it and honestly as well. His detail is somewhat lacking and methods are a little mediocre, but noone is asking for perfection. I would have appreciated further updates (he does mention that WF upsets his stomach under certain circumstances) perhaps with progress in strength or weight-gain or size delineated. In the absence of these, we can conclude that he had an enjoyable workout and that he benefitted from and liked his CL stack. I too heartily say that my experiences with CL and their products have all been enjoyable and effective.

Thank RR for running this contest and my apologies if this review is a little lengthy.
    Very strong entry
    •   

4. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    My Purple Wrath Review

I like how this user was honest and objective in everything he rated.I'm going to copy, paste, and put into quotation what the reviewer has to say and right below compare my experience.

Mix ability

"When I first mixed it up, there was still quite a bit of stuff left floating in my shaker... but the majority of what was left dissolved within 2-3 min."

Mix ability was not an issue for myself. Mixed well for myself.

Taste

"I thought that the taste was a little funky, I didn't enjoy it but it wasn't like I couldn't drink it. I'm sure the new taste in the improved formula is much better."

I didn't think it was funky; however, I did think it was a bit chalky like and might have choked me a bit. I think this could use improvement.

Pump

This gave me an overall good pump, wasn't extreme but it was more than what i normally get in the gym. It was more than I expected because I wasn't expecting anything as far as a pump goes.

I really didn't notice. maybe a bit more of a pump due to the ingredients like cillatine mall ate, l-nova, I know the literature on these. Maybe an increased pump, nothing huge or anything recognized.

Overall

"Good Supp. Nuff Said. I think everyone knows this already. Flavor was the only issue but I'm sure it has been fixed in the updated version."

I believe I tried the updated version? Overall it is good stuff I mean anyone who knows there stuff knows beta alanine and bcaa's work along with cillirtine malate for increase no production , ginger for soothing the stomach.Overall works very well and does what it says it does.

Nice entry!!!
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I keep meaning to get another entry in here... I just haven't had the time! It's gonna happen, though; I'm gonna make the time!

***NOW @ NP***
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

vince spiders blue up stimm free log

Vince Spider did an unsponsered log of the stim-free Blue-up. I did as one as well.(about a year ago)http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...on-s-stim.html I also put pictures in mine. Skip to the end to see the progress pictures. many say the Trib doesnt do gains. From what i know Trib needs to be high proto at least 30 -40 % or higher. The Longjack works and boosting test , i believe.

I liked the fact Vince put his lifts down each week and how much weight was increased. he made some nice strength gains.

I did the same and although blue up isn't a powerful hormone it did give me a boost to train eight weeks using Dc. usually after six weeks of Dc I would get tired. In conclusion blue up adds recovery time and a bit more in the tank than normal.

haha and the fact he gets ready to fight some punk kid in traffic and blames it in the blue up testosterone levels lmaoooo.....

Ps someone might want to do a review on my log. Esp since I posted before , during, and after photos.
    Last edited by John Smeton; 12-02-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  7. Elite Member

vince spiders blue up stimm free log

Vince Spider did an unsponsered log of the stim-free Blue-up. I did as one as well.(about a year ago)http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...on-s-stim.html I also put pictures in mine. Skip to the end to see the progress pictures. many say the Trib doesnt do gains. From what i know Trib needs to be high proto at least 30 -40 % or higher. The Longjack works and boosting test , i believe.

I liked the fact Vince put his lifts down each week and how much weight was increased. he made some nice strength gains.

I did the same and although blue up isn't a powerful hormone it did give me a boost to train eight weeks using Dc. usually after six weeks of Dc I would get tired. In conclusion blue up adds recovery time and a bit more in the tank than normal.

Ps someone might want to do a review on my log. Esp since I posted before , during, and after photos.
    Nice choice...
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Let's Review Rosie!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/contr...ie-s-mini.html
    This particular thread was chosen not because it displays any incredible progress or change in the user, but rather for her attention to detail and descriptive analysis of her experience.

Guejsn refers to her thread as a "mini review", which really is a goodname for it, as it is her first impressions of Green Magnitude after only one usage. She begins with a link for more information on Green Mag and follows with a brief description of its intended effects - always a good thing. When reading a review for a product I am interested in, a link to a detailed description and/or retailer makes learning about the product much easier.

Like most reviews, she utilizes the 1-10 number scale to indicate her like or dislike for the subjects various aspects. This method is hardly my favorite, but provided it is couple with an explanation for each score, it certainly can fulfill its intended purpose. And Rosie gives fine additional information along with her numeric scores, giving the reader an actual understanding of how the supplement performed and not just an arbitrary number.

She begins with taste, giving it a 10 and claiming it is the "best tasting supplement she has ever had. I agree that Green Mag does taste great (it turns even bulk p-slin and BCAAs into a palatable intra-workout drink) but, honestly, it wouldn't top my list; there are several supplements I use that would eek past it. However, this factor is a matter of opinion and I am glad for Rosie that she so enjoyed her sample's flavor.

She goes on to evaluate solubility, strength, energy, endurance, performance, protein synthesis and closes with an overall score; awarding Green Magnitude a 7.5. For her, Green Mag's strong points were it's taste, it's solubility and the endurance it afforded throughout her workout. Solubility is not something I have ever given much thought to, but Green Mag does, in fact, dissolve quite readily and quickly. The endurance it provides is certainly a step up from Creatine Monohydrate, in my opinion; I see why Guejsn considers this one of its strong points.

Now, this was a review of a sample - a single serving; and as such, no real difference or noticeable overall progress could be distinguished, which Rosie readily acknowledges. Therefore, when answering the question "Would She Use This Again?", Rosie bases her answer more seemingly off of the ingredients, comparing it to Neovar Recomped or Cre02. IMO, if given the choice, I'd stack Green Mag with Neovar (I haven't tried CreO2 and so cannot comment). Neovar's repartitioning capacities lend itself towards use in the presence of carbs, while Green Mag, being easily soluble and great tasting is perfect for intra-workout. But then again, I'm much larger than Rosie's petite 5'2" frame and as such, am sure one creatine or the other is sufficient for her.

Rosie gives her honest opinion and a good and detailed evaluation of her experience. Such feedback on a free sample is considerate of her, I think. It was a fair bit of effort for such a small thing.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Elite Member

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/contr...ie-s-mini.html
    This particular thread was chosen not because it displays any incredible progress or change in the user, but rather for her attention to detail and descriptive analysis of her experience.

Guejsn refers to her thread as a "mini review", which really is a goodname for it, as it is her first impressions of Green Magnitude after only one usage. She begins with a link for more information on Green Mag and follows with a brief description of its intended effects - always a good thing. When reading a review for a product I am interested in, a link to a detailed description and/or retailer makes learning about the product much easier.

Like most reviews, she utilizes the 1-10 number scale to indicate her like or dislike for the subjects various aspects. This method is hardly my favorite, but provided it is couple with an explanation for each score, it certainly can fulfill its intended purpose. And Rosie gives fine additional information along with her numeric scores, giving the reader an actual understanding of how the supplement performed and not just an arbitrary number.

She begins with taste, giving it a 10 and claiming it is the "best tasting supplement she has ever had. I agree that Green Mag does taste great (it turns even bulk p-slin and BCAAs into a palatable intra-workout drink) but, honestly, it wouldn't top my list; there are several supplements I use that would eek past it. However, this factor is a matter of opinion and I am glad for Rosie that she so enjoyed her sample's flavor.

She goes on to evaluate solubility, strength, energy, endurance, performance, protein synthesis and closes with an overall score; awarding Green Magnitude a 7.5. For her, Green Mag's strong points were it's taste, it's solubility and the endurance it afforded throughout her workout. Solubility is not something I have ever given much thought to, but Green Mag does, in fact, dissolve quite readily and quickly. The endurance it provides is certainly a step up from Creatine Monohydrate, in my opinion; I see why Guejsn considers this one of its strong points.

Now, this was a review of a sample - a single serving; and as such, no real difference or noticeable overall progress could be distinguished, which Rosie readily acknowledges. Therefore, when answering the question "Would She Use This Again?", Rosie bases her answer more seemingly off of the ingredients, comparing it to Neovar Recomped or Cre02. IMO, if given the choice, I'd stack Green Mag with Neovar (I haven't tried CreO2 and so cannot comment). Neovar's repartitioning capacities lend itself towards use in the presence of carbs, while Green Mag, being easily soluble and great tasting is perfect for intra-workout. But then again, I'm much larger than Rosie's petite 5'2" frame and as such, am sure one creatine or the other is sufficient for her.

Rosie gives her honest opinion and a good and detailed evaluation of her experience. Such feedback on a free sample is considerate of her, I think. It was a fair bit of effort for such a small thing.
    This one was a good choice!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

"GlycerGROW Review!

Taste: 8/10
    When scooped directly in your mouth, its a sweet/salty taste that almost is reminiscent of fried foods. I really like the taste of it!

Mixibility: 3/10
    Simply put, this stuff does not mix in liquids. It just floats at the top. The scooper however is small, and the taste of the powder is mild, so I recommend scooping it directly in the mouth and chasing with water.

Effectiveness: 7/10
    Taken 1-2 scoops every day.

While it's only been about 2 weeks on GG, the results have been very good. What's interesting is that you need to increase you water intake when taking GlycerGROW, in order for you to a) make it work better and b) not become dehydrated. I thought it was going to be tough to drink so much water, however once you take the GG you become sort of dry-mouthed and thirsty. This is a good feeling because you know GG is putting the H20 where it needs to go: into your muscles, cells, etc. So drinking more water on this stuff is actually pleasant-I didn't have to force any down!

The pumps have been really good. while I lift for strength and hypertrophy and not so much the pumps, it is a pleasant side effect.

The endurance with GG has been very surprising. I've felt more energy and will-to-lift during my workouts. I'm quite surprised at this.

The biggest effect of GG has been the volumization. They don't lie when they say "Cell BURST Formula". I've seen myself being much more vascular and full, since starting. I've opted for smaller doses everyday, instead of large doses a few times per week. I feel this has kept me 'swelled' up and volumized. I really can't wait for this stuff during the summer!!" by RENEGADE ROWS

RENEGADE ROWS did a great job at reviewing GlycerGROW (GG). i myself have used GG and it lasts for a very very long time!

i agree with RR pretty much all the way through.....the only thing i didnt feel when i used it was the pumps...but i could care less about those. it doesnt mix at all in the water...so your gunna have to "parachute" it.but its worth it! i too felt "swelled up" as it allows you to drink more water, and allows more water into cells! and the endurance was surprising as he puts it...i like the overall way he describes exactly what he likes about the product and how he is honest with his review (seeming as he is a rep).i also enjoy the number ratings, very helpful!

and i have to thank RR for his advice in using CL products as he got me into them, and they have been very good, well priced, productive products!

and if you havent tried Green mag....do it! .............NOW!!!!

and i would recommend stacking GG with some sort of creatine, as both will help hydrate your cells and keep you running while working out, or whatever your doing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Controlled Labs Black Hole Review

i have wanted to know about BlackHole for a while now, and all the reviews i have seen arent that great, i want to try it out one of these days, but the reviews kinda want to make me wanna stay away.......how ever it does look promising, its coming from a great company that has all great products..... i dont really see how it can go wrong lol
    i like the review because it was done on a smaller person, the thing i dont like is that it was done on a ill person about to receive a stem cell transplant, i wouldnt be messing with supplements before an operation this serious lol

one day im gunna try it and log it! some times you just gotta see for your self!
  11. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by just93 View Post
    "GlycerGROW Review!

Taste: 8/10
    When scooped directly in your mouth, its a sweet/salty taste that almost is reminiscent of fried foods. I really like the taste of it!

Mixibility: 3/10
    Simply put, this stuff does not mix in liquids. It just floats at the top. The scooper however is small, and the taste of the powder is mild, so I recommend scooping it directly in the mouth and chasing with water.

Effectiveness: 7/10
    Taken 1-2 scoops every day.

While it's only been about 2 weeks on GG, the results have been very good. What's interesting is that you need to increase you water intake when taking GlycerGROW, in order for you to a) make it work better and b) not become dehydrated. I thought it was going to be tough to drink so much water, however once you take the GG you become sort of dry-mouthed and thirsty. This is a good feeling because you know GG is putting the H20 where it needs to go: into your muscles, cells, etc. So drinking more water on this stuff is actually pleasant-I didn't have to force any down!

The pumps have been really good. while I lift for strength and hypertrophy and not so much the pumps, it is a pleasant side effect.

The endurance with GG has been very surprising. I've felt more energy and will-to-lift during my workouts. I'm quite surprised at this.

The biggest effect of GG has been the volumization. They don't lie when they say "Cell BURST Formula". I've seen myself being much more vascular and full, since starting. I've opted for smaller doses everyday, instead of large doses a few times per week. I feel this has kept me 'swelled' up and volumized. I really can't wait for this stuff during the summer!!" by RENEGADE ROWS

RENEGADE ROWS did a great job at reviewing GlycerGROW (GG). i myself have used GG and it lasts for a very very long time!

i agree with RR pretty much all the way through.....the only thing i didnt feel when i used it was the pumps...but i could care less about those. it doesnt mix at all in the water...so your gunna have to "parachute" it.but its worth it! i too felt "swelled up" as it allows you to drink more water, and allows more water into cells! and the endurance was surprising as he puts it...i like the overall way he describes exactly what he likes about the product and how he is honest with his review (seeming as he is a rep).i also enjoy the number ratings, very helpful!

and i have to thank RR for his advice in using CL products as he got me into them, and they have been very good, well priced, productive products!

and if you havent tried Green mag....do it! .............NOW!!!!
    Awesome review bro!!! I did the review before I became a rep fyi, but you def. feel swelled up thats for sure

Glad you like the GG so much tho! one of my favs!
  12. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ncredible.html

Things I enjoyed about this log
    - Details were good. Everything about the workouts were listed.
    - Focused in on the improved taste of the product which (to some people) meant a lot in this scenerio. I enjoy the taste of either one to be honest.
    - Like that he spoke about the bcaa's ability to stifle hunger.
    - Increased strength with almost every workout.
    What I did not enjoy about this log
    - It seems that it was only updated on workout days. Less than 2 full pages for what looks to have been about a 40 day log. Thats upsetting because even on off days you want to know that the product is being used in conjunction with daily nutrition.
    - There was not much (if anything) listed about nutrition in the log. It makes it easier to understand how a product works with the more you know about the person testing.
    - No after pictures (or videos) were posted...just the 2 pics in the beginning and the one video very early on.
    - Final review was a bit soft. He gave a 10/10 for all 3 topics discussed (which i agree with)...but there was only 3 discussed. I know from much personal experience that with a bcaa/eaa product (especially purple wraath)...you can talk for days on the effects alone.

My final review of this review
    Im sorry Smeton...but it was not one of my favorites. If I had to rate on a 1-10 scale..it'd be holding middle ground between 4-6

***I chose to review this log not because I wanted to pick on anyone, but because I will more than likely choose this product if I am a winner to the contest ***
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  13. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ncredible.html

Things I enjoyed about this log
    - Details were good. Everything about the workouts were listed.
    - Focused in on the improved taste of the product which (to some people) meant a lot in this scenerio. I enjoy the taste of either one to be honest.
    - Like that he spoke about the bcaa's ability to stifle hunger.
    - Increased strength with almost every workout.
    What I did not enjoy about this log
    - It seems that it was only updated on workout days. Less than 2 full pages for what looks to have been about a 40 day log. Thats upsetting because even on off days you want to know that the product is being used in conjunction with daily nutrition.
    - There was not much (if anything) listed about nutrition in the log. It makes it easier to understand how a product works with the more you know about the person testing.
    - No after pictures (or videos) were posted...just the 2 pics in the beginning and the one video very early on.
    - Final review was a bit soft. He gave a 10/10 for all 3 topics discussed (which i agree with)...but there was only 3 discussed. I know from much personal experience that with a bcaa/eaa product (especially purple wraath)...you can talk for days on the effects alone.

My final review of this review
    Im sorry Smeton...but it was not one of my favorites. If I had to rate on a 1-10 scale..it'd be holding middle ground between 4-6

***I chose to review this log not because I wanted to pick on anyone, but because I will more than likely choose this product if I am a winner to the contest ***
    Very good review big Dueceter!!
  14. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Why thank you kind sir
    www.millenniumsport.net
  15. Elite Member

4 Days Left !!!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

oh my GOD!!!!!!!! i dont see why more people dont do this it was simple and its not like reviews are scarce.....and its a good deal, seeming as you can get whatever product you want.....
  17. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

oh my GOD!!!!!!!! i dont see why more people dont do this it was simple and its not like reviews are scarce.....and its a good deal, seeming as you can get whatever product you want.....

Shhh...they know i'm going to win so they shouldn't even bother...duh
    www.millenniumsport.net
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Controlled Labs Orange Triad Review

Latspead says

Multi Vitamin component-8/10
    --Fairly basic, but gets all my needs covered

Joint and Flex components-10/10
    --This is where the product shines, the idea to include joint support in a multi is a great idea. Heavy presses don't seem to bother your joints the next day or during lifts.

Immune/Digestion component-10/10
    --What other multi alows you less bloat and slightly increased appetite/ability to eat more
    --What other multi has 100mg r-ala

OVERALL--9/10

I prefer this to my old staple of NOW ADAM

It's also relatively cost effective as you get a month and a half worth for 25-30$

I agree with virtually everything; digestion was good to me, multi was good, however for serious injuries there are more hardcore supplements out there like Animal flex or Osteo-sport that I had to revert too because Ive suffered a severe golfers elbow injury. Other than that for the basic lifter its what I'd get if I wasn't going though rehab stage and need hardcore joint attention. I have at least three empty bottles laying around so Ive at least used that much. Ive always thought Controlled labs is a good company.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  19. Elite Member

My thoughts exactly...
  20. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Haiz + Golden Finish = ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiz

TASTE: 10/10- I do not, and will never understand how someone could complain about the taste of Golden Finish. In anywhere from 20-40 ounces of water, this is one of the most refreshing and best tasting proteins there is. I usually mix it with 20 ounces, shake it, drink 10, then add 20 or so more. The best way I can describe the flavor is...FRUITY PEPPLES. Seriously, that good.

TEXTURE: 10/10-If you mix it up properly, the texture is perfect. Not too thick, not too smooth. Great.

Mixability:7/10- In a regular shaker, there is no way I could get this to mix up all the way, and I was always left with clumps throughout. With a blender bottle it took some time, but I could get most of it out.

Value:8/10-Its a bit pricey, but the ingredients and taste make it worth it. I generally make my own, but if I have extra cash I'll get a PWO blend like GFH.

NUTRITION: 7.5/10- Nice blend of ingredients. I like how they kept the carbs down, but it loses points for not explaining what the carbs are.

OVERALL:9/10- Considering results in recovery/strength, I have to give this stuff a great score. The only negatives in my mind are price/the fact that I have no idea what the carbs are. However, the stuff plain works, and I will be using it again for sure. Pics to come.
    TASTE: To each their own I guess, but I believe I gave it about a 7 or an 8. It's one of those things you get used to I feel, but it definitely could be improved upon.

Mixability: Once again I would disagree based on personal opinion, but he backed up his rating with sound reason.

Texture: I would have lumped this w/ texture, since a clumpy drink (which is what he managed) is hard to say has a nice texture.

Value: Fair Enough

Nutrition: The fact they didn't explain the carbs could come as a side comment, but I don't think it should lower the nutritional score of a product.

Overall: Nice summary given here. I think this was a fair review of the product, although I would have liked a longer conclusion.
  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Well I'm going on a GFH rampage, but it seems like Tattoo never posted a final review? Golden Finish.. Yeah I shower in that s#*t log. (Sponsered Log)
    From some of his last entries,
    Things are starting to come to a close on the GF log. I am hitting chest today, and back/triceps tomorrow, quads on Saturday. I must say I wasnt expecting what I saw out of Golden Finish. I have to honestly say that I will be using GF for a long time. It is clearly the best PWO supplement I've tried, and coupled with a good diet and training plan, the results you can see for yourself.

I will post up final pictures over the next few weeks.. I am working on a shoot with a photographer and that will hopefully happen next week, so I will try and post those as my final pics.
    Hit hamstrings yesterday and will hit shoulders today. Things have been progressing well. I am very pleased with Golden Finish. It goes down easy, easy to mix (especially in my blender bottle), and I've become quite fond of the taste.
    Somehow he managed to get it to mix easily , which I suppose it true it's just the clumps that get you!
    I might try PMing him for a fuller review, however he did seem satisfied, judging by his post "It is clearly the best PWO supplement I've tried ". How's that for an endorsement
  22. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Drink enough Distilled Water and you can give all your freinds a Golden Finish

Taste: He was brutally honest with 5/10 , and backed it up nicely.
    Mixability: Good feedback here about not using a blender.
    Recovery: Good anecdotal.
    Muscle Glycogen Replenishment: A bit redudant, could have been mentioned in recovery
    Overall Rateing: Typo! Gah! I like his final summary, and think this was a well done review

Honestly if your looking for something with a sweet taste and what not GF is probably not for you but if you can man up then GF is for you. Results are what matter most to me and thats what GF gave me.
  23. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I am going to produce this write up with it being divided into several categories with a rating out of 10. Those categories are:
    Taste, Mixability, Feeling, Effect on weight, and Overall

Taste:
    After trying the sample a ways back, I liked the taste, but am always concerned that a specific taste like this might wear on me, and have me gagging at the end. Not the case with GF. In fact it was quite the opposite. When I started I “liked” the taste, but was not truly sold on it. However, after the first week concluded I started to really dig the taste and actually began to look forward to it. That was not something I expected.
    Rating 9.5/10

Mixability:
    Here was the one major draw back in my opinion. Once I got the right amount of water and GF, I thought I would be in pretty good shape. However, even with a blender, it was difficult to get the mixture right. To be honest, at times that became quite frustrating, as I don’t always want to use a blender for my shakes, I would rather use a shaker cup, as the cleanup is a pain in the butt. Rating 3/10

Feeling:
    The sample gave me a crazy pump, and I do mean crazy. Going through the log, the pump lessened and really only changed in any way dependent upon the workout I was doing. I noticed that the more giant sets I did, the greater the after effect I received from GF. I did like the idea of the digestive enzymes as that allowed me to eat a little something with it, but after taking in 40oz I was not all that hungry to be honest, and it became a meal of its own. Rating 7.5/10

Effect on Weight:
    With the type of body that I have, I can back on weight without issue, it is losing weight that I tend to struggle with. With GF, weight packed on very quickly. However, I was concerned that it was not all positive weight, as I tend to be a bit carb sensitive. On the plus side, I tested Universal Torrents newest flavor, and I got far better results on GF than I did on that, which I believe use WMS. I am not a huge fan of WMS to be honest. Final thought on this, my weight went down a few lbs as a result of personal issues, but I am sure had those not transpired, my weight would have continued to increase. Rating 8.5/10

Overall:
    So overall thoughts? This is a good product, and if you lift 5 days a week, it is a reasonable price for a 1 month supply. I will acknowledge that I had difficulty with it as previously discussed, however I am overall quite pleased, and would consider buying this if and when I do my next bulk. I am planning a several month cut to find the abs I had years ago, I know they exist damn it. So in closing, if you are planning a bulk in the near future, this product is far better than Torrent, and it is recommended by yours truly.
    Final Rating: 7.125/10 (I actually used math for this)
    Taste: To each their own like I said before lol. Good reasoning.
    Mixability: Good feedback about the difficulty.
    Feeling: Good anecdotal feedback here, although I found GFH never fills me up that much.
    Weight; Nice comparison with Torrent
    Overall: I feel this review was lacking a category for price/value, which tends to be important to many customers. Also he didn't really go into detail about his body type in his final review, which could make it hard for people to grasp if they didn't follow his log. In the future I would suggest he include a value category. Otherwise I liked the review
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

jaymdubbs' Golden FinisH Log

Originally Posted by jaymdubbs
    It was a very interesting time when GFH was announced. I was in the market for another post workout protein/carb mix, and was comparing Torrent, Replenish, etc. And then GFH was announced. I really liked the ingredient profile of GFH, and was excited when I was made a tester.

I have always had decent recovery (stemming from my nutrition and supplementation) - but I definitely felt my recovery was up while taking GFH.

A recap of my initial measurements:

Weight - 185
    Body fat - (using Tanita scale, lowest 6.6, highest 9.1)

Here are my measurements now

Weight - 181
    Body Fat (lowest 6.3, highest 8.8)

I lost 4 pounds while eating maintenance caloric intake (and that was about 95% strict) - so I attribute some of that loss to waste/water

Visually, I still look full and I feel great. Strength increased slightly, and my muscle endurance increased as my volume increased.

My main goal was add some mass to my shoulders and arms (and I hate myself for not taking measurements, because they do look a little more full)

Overall 9/10

The taste was fantastic - after playing with how much water to add, I found 15 oz was my sweet spot. What I enjoyed the most was the consistency of the shake (weird, I know)

I did always have a sugary taste in mouth that wouldnt go away until the next day (even after brushing my teeth) which is strange as there is no sugar in it.

No gastric issues to speak of, never had any "problems". occasional rumblings from the GM WF combination, but that was well before my GFH shake.

Obviously, this is NOT a miracle shake, but with a good training schedule, nutrition, and hard intensity, GFH is one of the better if not best post workout shake I can recommend that I felt made a difference, and I have tried a lot of different products to compare it to.

No post workout carb coma to speak of either (even with some of the r-ala)

I can honestly say that I have figured out a way to include this in my monthly budget for supplements, and has become a staple in my nutrition.

I would like to thank Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test this awesome product! Now all they need is an anytime whey protein and a stand alone insulin mimicker and then i would never have to purchase from another company again!

I thought jaymdubbs did a good review overall. I don't remember Golden fish leaving a sugary taste in my mouth. I do remember after I took it I felt really good. My guess was the l-phenylalanine. I do remember recovery being enhanced which is whats it designed for great product.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Golden Finish From Controlled Labs

In this log Whitedevil goes on to say something is making him euphoric and I comment it's the pea which i said above. overall decent log I guess. Ending could have been stronger and didn't see a final review. Its a no brain er Golden finish works I said this from the get -go anyone who halfway knows supplements knows whats in this stuff is golden.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

CL Golden Finish Initial Review

Quote Originally Posted by LatSpread View Post
    Taste-10/10

Kills torrent and even edges out Nitronx in the taste dept, smells and tastes like banana laffy taffy, the more water the more the taste is comparable to laffy taffy. I will also add there is a very sweet aftertaste that lasts for hours after consumption, even after eating a few meals.

Profile-8/10

It reminds me of Torrent, but with better carbs (more on that later), and digestive enzymes rather than a creatine blend, I myself would have liked to see creatine mono in the formula as well as another 10g of carbs/serving. I also feel the roughly 50mg k-r-ala is underdosed.

Carb Source-7.5/10

I'm taken back that the carb source is not revealed, but it mixes and to the eye GFH looks like yellow colored wheat grass. It keeps me full much longer than malto, dex, wms and other "quick carbs" I have used, and the texture is nothing like these other carbs.

Price-6/10

2$ a serving is a lot IMO, especially if you want to use a dose above the recommended 3 scoops (for larger BBers). The problem with saying its over priced though is I have no idea how much the raws cost (particularly the carb sources).

Overall-8/10

From what I've noticed thus far this is quickly becoming my fav postWO formula. I'll add to this review after finishing my gfh tub.

Never took torrent. Have taken ast hsc creatine and ap2 protein mixed which was totally different. this taste a lot different and more exotic/hedonistic. yeah i think i do remember a taste being left in my mouth, cant really say for certain though since its been a while back since it was drank.

carb source 7.5..The carb source is amazing..try it and see

profile...8/10 ...8/10 is pretty high so I generally agree. yes I do think it could have added some creatine. I buy mine separate though so its no biggie. yes the ala at 50 mgs is under dosed I agree. 100 mgs of ala would be better. still though...unless I see something I don't agree with i basically agree unless I know better.

price 6/10 agreed it is a bit high. If you have the money go for it or for a Christmas, birthday or any present. I said the same thing in my golden Finish log towards the end.

overall 8/10 agreed. Golden Finish is great for a change of taste and the most euphoric postworkout drink Ive done.
  27. Elite Member

Woah, lots of new entries!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

i realize i shouldnt have said anything lol
  29. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Golden Finish From Controlled Labs

In this log Whitedevil goes on to say something is making him euphoric and I comment it's the pea which i said above. overall decent log I guess. Ending could have been stronger and didn't see a final review. Its a no brain er Golden finish works I said this from the get -go anyone who halfway knows supplements knows whats in this stuff is golden.
    Unless his GFH was spiked, there's no PEA in it lol. Perhaps you've confused the L-Phenylalanine with phenylethylamine (PEA) ?
  30. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Here's a finale for the GFH Reviews Reviewed... by some guy Steveo

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ml#post1464598
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Golden Finish- Final Review

Mixability-8.5/10
    Doesn't mix as well as micronized/small particle powders, but that is to be expected. However if you add the powder after the water and shake well in a blender bottle, you're almost assured no clumps in <30s.

Taste:7/10
    Just wasn't sweet enough for me, and didn't have that much of a "tropical" flavour. It also had a bit of a chalky taste from the complex carbs which slightly detracted from the taste.

Effectiveness: 9/10
    In comparison to my usual regime of 5g Glutamine/BCAA/Leucine, the ingredients of GFH provide more recovery . The 14g of BCAA's/EAA's provide lots of Amino acids to helps set the body in an anabolic state, and with these vital elements getting absorbed so shortly after my workout, I feel they were able to minimize any muscle catabolism .

Usage Suggestions:
    I would recommend mixing 1-2 scoops in 10-20 oz. of water. Start sipping on this halfway through you workout, then take the 3rd scoop after working out. I've found this doesn't affect my workout intensity, and allows me to have my PWO meal sooner.

Alternatively, you can take it as a PWO shake like recommended. If so, I would recommend adding another ~25g of protein to get the 2:1 ratio of Carbs:Protein, your choice whether fast or slow acting. My suggestion would be some milk and/or ground oats, but that is just my dogma.

Value: 7.5/10
    This product delivers many components together in a convenient and tasty formula. While you could make a similar product yourself, the convenience is important and the value of the ingredients alone adds up quickly. I remember CL mentioning there is little markup on GFH, and if you look at the quality ingredients included you would see why. At $2 a serving, this doesn't come cheap so if you're not willing to spend much you could get by with bulk powders with poorer taste.

In the past I've had little DOMS, but that was mainly from a stagnant training routine. When I started German Volume Training, it really took the intensity up a level, and this is when GFH really shined. I feel it helped keep the DOMS to a minimum by helping my muscles repair and regrow quickly.

Overall:
    8/10
    I can't stress the importance of recovery, and this product will allow you to start shuttling nutrients that your body needs quickly in the post workout. GFH does an excellent job of providing nutrients as a PWO shake that could use some added carbs, and makes a fantastic albeit pricey intra-WO drink if you can stomach it (which I did just fine). Overall this product is great for people who believe an insulin spike isn't necessary post-WO, and desire a flavoured premade PWO shake. Golden Finish commands a high price at $2/serving, but if it were to go on sale in the future I would probably pick up another tub for the convenience and the great recovery is provided.
    Man it's hard picking on my own review
    Mixability: I explained how I mixed it up, sounds fair to me.
    Taste: After my 2nd tub I might have lowered this a tad, I am still hoping for a reformulation/flavour improvement.
    Usage Suggestions: I think this is a valuable suggestion to people that read the review, glad I included this.
    Value: Important to include this in reviews, because sometimes products work but are overpriced.
    Overall: Pretty happy with this review. I kept it short and sweet, and gave a pretty fair assessment. I realize I didn't comment much on my strength gains, however I think GFH is targetted more towards recovery, although a few lines on my experiences in the gym in the final review may have been useful. This may be biased lol
  31. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Emerge wanted a review of his log, so I felt up to the challenge.
    Taking Buffery to the Next Level (Sponsored White Flood Log)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Final Review

White Flood vs. RPM
    My goal in this log, besides the obvious determination of WF's efficacy, was to compare these White Flood tablets to RPM. I had been told that White Flood powder had a better ingredient profile for bulking than RPM (which is also a great supplement in its own right).

After the duration of this log, I would say that I believe WF does have an edge on RPM in the bulking aspect (for me at least). I like that WF does not give you that stimmed out feeling of rage that RPM does. Instead I feel a more natural energy and boost in willingness to just keep on going. With RPM I felt like I needed to go 100 miles per hour, but I really only enjoyed it when I was doing circuits, supersetting, tri-setting, or any other high heart rate activity. I do not want that type of experience when bulking. With WF, I had the type of energy where, at the end of workouts I would think to myself, "I'm done already?" WF made me want to add more volume to my workouts because I could handle more volume while using WF. Not the case with RPM necessarily.

However, it must be noted that if you are working out first thing in the morning and you pop WF on an empty stomach, you might get a stimmed out rage type of experience, like I did.

Actual Experience Versus Product Claims
    * Fast absorbing and fast acting
    I would have to disagree. In my experience 45 minutes pre-workout was not enough. On an empty stomach, maybe. However, most of the time the sweet spot for me was about 60-90 minutes.

* Synergy, strength and stamina
    I would agree. I did have nice strength gains from this supplement, but it was indirectly. To elaborate, the added volume of my workouts was directly by WF, but the strength gains were due to the added volume and stamina.

* Endurance and extreme pumps
    I think endurance and stamina are the same thing. Either way, I agree about endurance, but not about the extreme pumps. I would be a liar if I said I didn't experience pumps. Very often I did. However, I didn't have EXTREME pumps consistently or even most of the times. I'd say it was a step above normal pumps that I'd get without WF, if anything.

Would I buy this supplement/Use it again
    Yes, I definitely would use this supplement. Yes, I would definitely buy this supplement. Keep in mind that it gives you 40 servings which could last someone 3 months if they only took it on training days (training 3 times a week). That's not a bad deal for 40 bucks. I also enjoyed the focus that this supplement gave me, which I have never felt before. I felt like this helped me perform higher quality reps and feel the muscles working better.

Before Weight: 167.7
    After Weight: 174[/CENTER]
    - I Liked this inclusion of Before & After pics, should be a must for logs
    - Nice detail of workouts, shows effort. Some people don't care to see #'s, but I think it adds validity to the final review of a log
    - I liked the comparison to last week's workouts, shows progression
    Final Review Critique
    - Nice comparsion to RPM, this is what customers want to know, that is how it compares to other products they may have tried
    Actual experience vs claims was interesting. I'm surprised how long it took WF to hit you judging by personal experience, but it was well supported
    - I think you could have used a quick summary about strength gains. Some people don't follow whole logs and just read the final review. Also a quick summary about taste/mixability at the end would have been useful. You did touch on it in your next post though, which helps.
    - You can leave value out if you want since that is a subjective judgement. I like how you state you would buy this again; it's something I didn't mentioned in my review but I ended up purchasing it to show my support for CL
    - Overall a thorough and detailed log with a very fair review
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Unless his GFH was spiked, there's no PEA in it lol. Perhaps you've confused the L-Phenylalanine with phenylethylamine (PEA) ?
    . either one causes feelings of well being .
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I didnt know we are allowed to rate our own...nice.http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...on-s-stim.html

Todays my last day on Blue-up. Here is my progress picture -About two months on blue -up I gained 15 lbs-with Calories of course .

My Review Five stars -Absolutely awesome product in optimizing your testosterone levels if you need to feel like your eighteen again.I'd buy it again.There is one drawback the thirty percent proto in the Tribulus; although forty percent is expensive, I know companies can get it because it has been proven to work best. This stuff lived up to my expectations no doubt! Of course Diet, training , supplementation and sleep were good. I'm very satisfied Controlled Labs. Thanks for bringing this product to the bodybuilding community.

Highlights were strength and muscle-mass on lagging bodyparts. I don't know how much of the fifteen lbs weightgain is fat and water and I do know that Ive gained some nice musclemass.

[/IMG]
    Yesss! Rating my self...I gained 15 lbs and awesome strength in a natural testosterone boosting product of course diet is in order and the guys that don't gain are to blame for diet. I still agree the proto in the tribulus could be higher; however, it is the 10 % less than the highest ive been able to find and these have three testosterone booster compounds in one, which this other supplement didn't do this is the best bang for your body and buck hands down. My review is till five stars. For boosting natural testosterone this is incredible.While I was on blue-up People at work last year were saying im doing steroids at my job..., I took it as quite a compliment! lololol =)

Here are the pictures next to each other to compare changes..

Starting

One Month Later

One Month Later

Note* Next time take pictures when Im in peak condition..I took this last one a few days after I stopped training intensely and had a couple eat whatever I want meals.* No harm done- The Pictures speak for themselves.
    no words here The pictures speak for themselves. sure I gained a little body fat(and this was a couple days after i got off blue-up and splurged on the last picture. You can clearly see my legs back, chest, shoulders along with abs went up. Now look at the strength increases in my log...This testosterone booster works well and at the low price I highly recommend any person to take it wanting to gain strength and get bigger.
  34. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

smeton, man, you are on a roll!

***NOW @ NP***
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

smeton, man, you are on a roll!
    I've invested a lot of money in Controlled labs because I believe in them
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Golden Finish Log

Last dose was today. Final review. It is well worth the money if you make a decent income. If I have the money Its in my cart.

Its a pain in the ass; provided you have the money, to take strait luecine powder from Np which tastes horrible. and this stuff is much better

in one word convient....did I spell that right lol
    My review could have been better and could have reviewed the taste more distinctly. The L-Phenylalanine, taurine , l-luecine and other amino acid's are very comforting to know the user is getting these benefits of increased hydration, increase protein synthesis and mood elevation.

QUOTE=smeton_yea;1192673]That first picture was me coming off a bulk Than I cut for three weeks using Golden Finish. Im at the beginning of my third week in "gaining musclemass without unwanted bodyfat"

For one It has 5 grams of luecine per serving. I take Luecine Post-training as it is the amino acid that stimulates muscle growth.Whether Nutraplanet brand or The stuff in Golden Finish I'll always take it, Just Golden Finish it nice tasting and more convient. The main thing is for me, and I don't know all of the research, is that Nutraplanet Luecine gags me taking to take that nasty ass powder down while this stuff is smooth sailing.

In addition, the added Taurine, Pea, and other little factors that count. The Carbohydrate source is nice, along with the quality protein. A Unique quality product, That's why I'm considering buying it, if my money isn't too in the dumps.[/QUOTE]

I could have used spell check,didn't know about it then i dont think, i could have done a better job of logging, now that im more of an experienced logger I see somethings I could have done better...used the same pictures of myself which is fine from the blue-up log; however, I didn't which end pictures which needed to be done. minus a point for that because pictures are always a plus for a log considering the visual. I agree with the good carb source and all of the three amazing complexes,Golden Protein Complex,Golden Carb Complex,and GFH Complex. I still say it's a little bit on the high side for the average person financially, although affordable for gifts like christmas, birthdays,just a gift, or just to try. The main thing that sold me on it is the convenience of this product. usually I'm mixing twelve nutraplanet powders together; with this its one of two scoops and I'm ready to run out the door post-training verses spending more time putting my bulk powders together. great tasting hedonistic taste.
  37. Elite Member

WoW!!!!!!
  38. Elite Member

Should we keep this contest going for a few more days?
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Emerge wanted a review of his log, so I felt up to the challenge.
    Taking Buffery to the Next Level (Sponsored White Flood Log)

- I Liked this inclusion of Before & After pics, should be a must for logs
    - Nice detail of workouts, shows effort. Some people don't care to see #'s, but I think it adds validity to the final review of a log
    - I liked the comparison to last week's workouts, shows progression
    Final Review Critique
    - Nice comparsion to RPM, this is what customers want to know, that is how it compares to other products they may have tried
    Actual experience vs claims was interesting. I'm surprised how long it took WF to hit you judging by personal experience, but it was well supported
    - I think you could have used a quick summary about strength gains. Some people don't follow whole logs and just read the final review. Also a quick summary about taste/mixability at the end would have been useful. You did touch on it in your next post though, which helps.
    - You can leave value out if you want since that is a subjective judgement. I like how you state you would buy this again; it's something I didn't mentioned in my review but I ended up purchasing it to show my support for CL
    - Overall a thorough and detailed log with a very fair review
    Thanks for the critique.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Should we keep this contest going for a few more days?
    Well, you can name me the winner now. Or later. Either way, you are delaying the inevitable.

I kid. I, personally, would like the chance to review some more. To better my chances. But, that's just my own personal agenda and would agree with any decision you make.

Similar Forum Threads

1. CONTROLLED LABS GOLDEN GAINS REVIEW!!
    By GeekPoop in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 11:58 PM
  2. Controlled Labs Samples Review (mini review)
    By SouthernCharm in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 11:12 PM
  3. Controlled Labs Golden Gains Review
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 05:35 AM
  4. REducTION AM/PM By Controlled LABS! Sample review
    By MrBigPR in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 01:55 PM
  5. Controlled Labs Orange Triad Review