Who would be interested in a bulk N-carbamylglutamate (NCG)?

apsnutrition

Awards
As you all are aware BSN created a ton of interest in N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) by advertising NCG-CR. There was also a nice article in MD about this compound touting it as "the next big anabolic supplement".

APS was thinking of making a bulk NCG product containing 250mg/cap at 60 caps per bottle for an unbelievable price. This would give everyone a chance to try this compound without diggng deep into their pockets. Who would be interested. This compound holds on a ton of potential.

Here is some information.

NCG: The Ultimate Anabolic Supplement?
Written by Anssi Manninen, MHS
Friday, 09 March 2007
A recent study at Baylor College of Medicine examined the effects of oral N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) supplementation on growth rate in piglets. NCG is an activator of arginine synthesis. Interestingly, the investigators reported that piglets supplementing with NCG gained 28 percent more weight than control pigs over the seven-day period. Protein anabolism rates in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles were 30 percent and 21 percent greater, respectively, in NCG-supplemented piglets compared with control pigs.

Futhermore, piglets treated with NCG had greater blood concentrations of arginine and growth hormone (GH) than control pigs. Thus, the authors concluded that oral NCG supplementation increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis. While the results of this study are intriguing, it's currently unknown whether NCG supplementation has similar effects in humans.

The author of this article has no financial relationship with companies producing N-carbamylglutamate.

Reference: Frank JW, et al. Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets. J Nut,. 2007 Feb;137(2):315-9.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
That would def. be interested in some bulk
N-carbamylglutamate. Its something i've been meaning to do some research on.

Thumbs up from me!:thumbsup:

apsnutrition

Awards
Thanks for the reply. We think it is a very cool item when you can get a month supply fr about $20.00.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As you all are aware BSN created a ton of interest in N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) by advertising NCG-CR. There was also a nice article in MD about this compound touting it as "the next big anabolic supplement".

APS was thinking of making a bulk NCG product containing 250mg/cap at 60 caps per bottle for an unbelievable price. This would give everyone a chance to try this compound without diggng deep into their pockets. Who would be interested. This compound holds on a ton of potential.

Friday, 09 March 2007
A recent study at Baylor College of Medicine examined the effects of oral N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) supplementation on growth rate in piglets. NCG is an activator of arginine synthesis. Interestingly, the investigators reported that piglets supplementing with NCG gained 28 percent more weight than control pigs over the seven-day period. Protein anabolism rates in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles were 30 percent and 21 percent greater, respectively, in NCG-supplemented piglets compared with control pigs.

Futhermore, piglets treated with NCG had greater blood concentrations of arginine and growth hormone (GH) than control pigs. Thus, the authors concluded that oral NCG supplementation increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis. While the results of this study are intriguing, it's currently unknown whether NCG supplementation has similar effects in humans.

The author of this article has no financial relationship with companies producing N-carbamylglutamate.

Reference: Frank JW, et al. Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets. J Nut,. 2007 Feb;137(2):315-9.
Awesome!

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there are going to be any objections to releasing this in bulk! It sounds great! :D Now make it happen :hammer:

apsnutrition

Awards
If we can get just a little more interest we may defintely move forward.

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
Its only been 2 days since thread started.......Im sure alot more people will say "Yes" when they see this thread.

I mean anything that, increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis, Is a must try in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone elses too!!

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I am VERY much interested in hearing about this one ! .. at the same time, positively surprised that i've already encountered this ingredient before; Cellucor's N-Zero. .. I've actually spoked with reps of Cellucor before, and they told me that it's one of the reasons for why their formula is so unique in their N-Zero.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more about this one .. so 'YES!'

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome APs.=) I'm skeptical as usual. I stick with the basics in till it's really proven

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Bring it on. I've been interested in this one. I guess BSN didn't follow through with it?

apsnutrition

Awards
Welcome APs.=) I'm skeptical as usual. I stick with the basics in till it's really proven
Rightfully so...but we are not named "Advanced" Performance Supplements without a reason:). Just kidding. It really is a promising ingredient that we have been testing on people in the local area and it has proven itself effective.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was going to be in thier NCG-CR. Its also in CMI's Anabolic Signal. Great compound and we can offer it at the best price.
Make it happen! :)

casey2

casey2

Awards
YES!!! definetely. i infact just went searching for cellucor's. couldnt find it

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
Do It, Do It, Do It!!!!!!!! Me Want Now!!!!!!!

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
In!

apsnutrition

Awards
We are also looking at releasing a pure methyl-synephrine product (please do not compare to regular synephrine...M-synephrine is VERY thermogenic), a PEA blend using r-beta
methylphenylethylamine
and our new N-Methyl-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine . These are the most highly evolved forms of PEA in one little capsule:)

What are your guys thoughts?

Of course these would be at a unbeleivable price. APS is striving to be your one-stop shop for all your ADVANCED supplement needs.

mrmotivator

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm in again. How soon would these products be available?

apsnutrition

Awards
We can have this done in a matter of days. I will speak with the owner of APS today.

mrbeverage

mrbeverage

Awards
just curious, correct me if i am wrong but, in the studies i have seen the pigs were given 50mg per kg of body weight, so how many of your 250 mg pills would you suggest we would have to take for a 220 lb man to equal the results of the studies? 20? every 12 hours? am i figuring this wrong?

quote from study

Technical Abstract: Oral supplementation of NCG, an analogue of N-acetylglutamate, increases plasma arginine concentrations and growth rate in sow-reared piglets. To investigate the mechanism involved in this growth response, nursing piglets (n = 18; BW = 3.19 kg) were orally administered 0 or 50 mg/kg BW of NCG twice daily from 9 to 16 d of age. On d 17, piglets were intragastrically fed sow's milk at a rate of 7.5 ml/kg, with the respective NCG treatment at time 0 and 60 min, then given an i.v. flooding dose of [(3)H]phenylalanine to measure protein synthesis. At 90 min, the piglets were euthanized and tissue samples were collected. NCG-treated pigs gained 25% more weight during the 8-d trial than control pigs (1.93 +/- 0.07 vs. 1.55 +/- 0.10 kg, respectively; P<0.01). Tissue mass and protein synthesis rate of longissimus dorsi were 16% and 20% greater respectively, in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs; however, these increases did not reach statistical significance. NCG-treated pigs had 29% higher plasma insulin concentrations at 90 min compared to control pigs, but this difference was not statistically significant. Plasma arginine concentrations were 32% higher in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs at 90 min (P<0.05). Although the exact mechanism has not been delineated, it appears that oral NCG administration increases plasma arginine levels leading to an increase in growth rate of nursing piglets.

apsnutrition

Awards
just curious, correct me if i am wrong but, in the studies i have seen the pigs were given 50mg per kg of body weight, so how many of your 250 mg pills would you suggest we would have to take for a 220 lb man to equal the results of the studies? 20? every 12 hours? am i figuring this wrong?

quote from study

Technical Abstract: Oral supplementation of NCG, an analogue of N-acetylglutamate, increases plasma arginine concentrations and growth rate in sow-reared piglets. To investigate the mechanism involved in this growth response, nursing piglets (n = 18; BW = 3.19 kg) were orally administered 0 or 50 mg/kg BW of NCG twice daily from 9 to 16 d of age. On d 17, piglets were intragastrically fed sow's milk at a rate of 7.5 ml/kg, with the respective NCG treatment at time 0 and 60 min, then given an i.v. flooding dose of [(3)H]phenylalanine to measure protein synthesis. At 90 min, the piglets were euthanized and tissue samples were collected. NCG-treated pigs gained 25% more weight during the 8-d trial than control pigs (1.93 +/- 0.07 vs. 1.55 +/- 0.10 kg, respectively; P<0.01). Tissue mass and protein synthesis rate of longissimus dorsi were 16% and 20% greater respectively, in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs; however, these increases did not reach statistical significance. NCG-treated pigs had 29% higher plasma insulin concentrations at 90 min compared to control pigs, but this difference was not statistically significant. Plasma arginine concentrations were 32% higher in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs at 90 min (P<0.05). Although the exact mechanism has not been delineated, it appears that oral NCG administration increases plasma arginine levels leading to an increase in growth rate of nursing piglets.
We are not stating anything to be fact based on the study. We have been trying different dosages and find 1-1,500mg to effective with local trainees.

We were just thinking of offering it at a very affordable price for those that have been interested in it for quite sometime.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
Why not offer bulk N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) in powder
for a real bulk deal?
I would love to try it

Friday, 09 March 2007

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
Its only been 2 days since thread started.......Im sure alot more people will say "Yes" when they see this thread.

I mean anything that, increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis, Is a must try in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone elses too!!

In pigs. ;)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats happening with this? would it be legal in australia?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are also looking at releasing a pure methyl-synephrine product (please do not compare to regular synephrine...M-synephrine is VERY thermogenic), a PEA blend using r-beta
methylphenylethylamine
and our new N-Methyl-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine . These are the most highly evolved forms of PEA in one little capsule:)

What are your guys thoughts?

Of course these would be at a unbeleivable price. APS is striving to be your one-stop shop for all your ADVANCED supplement needs.
Nice!

mrmotivator

Board Supporter
Awards
We are not stating anything to be fact based on the study. We have been trying different dosages and find 1-1,500mg to effective with local trainees.

What sort of results/gains have the trainees been experiencing