POLL: Results of the Animal Pump/Shock Therapy Promo - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Poll: Which do ya prefer?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

POLL: Results of the Animal Pump/Shock Therapy Promo

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yohead View Post
    Mark up another one for the good guys.

What a minute.... we're same company... its a win / win...
    It really is bro. I find it interesting how each person gets better results with one or the other product. It just proves that there is a need for more than just one-fits-all products. Universal provides us with versatility by giving us choices based on what we like. It truly is win/win.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    It really is bro. I find it interesting how each person gets better results with one or the other product. It just proves that there is a need for more than just one-fits-all products. Universal provides us with versatility by giving us choices based on what we like. It truly is win/win.
    If only everything in life were this simple... and a win/win.
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just completed my log, check it out at: Resolving the Debate: Animal Pump v. Shock Therapy

My final thoughts on the products:
    Animal Pump: Didn't notice much at all on this, except for the first day I tried it. Had a cup of coffee about an hour before taking the pack and the combo made me light-headed. That first day was also the only time when there was any significant increase in "pumps". When taken without any other caffeine before my subsequent workouts, received no extra energy, stamina or focus that my normal morning coffee and multi provide. Sorry guys, this just wasn't for me.

Shock Therapy: As I said in my log, I felt like I was chugging dimetapp before each routine, that's what the flavor reminded me of. Shock Therapy, though, did have much more noticeable effects on my drive, energy, and as the week progressed, focus too. I'm not really a stim-junkie and I typically avoid caffeine at t times other than the morning, but I nevertheless definitely liked Shock Therapy more of the two.

A Big Thanks to all the Animal and Universal Reps for their support and to the Company itself for providing some quality supplements for all of us testers!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Great job on the log and the review R. Looks like another vote for ST then.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Helluva review and log R. You did the U proud. This is definitely going to be a close call with the final score.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Dammit, voted first and read later lol. Knucklehead yeah yeah
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Dammit, voted first and read later lol. Knucklehead yeah yeah
    LOL! A lot of guys did that. We see a poll and we want to put our 2 cents in. It's perfectly normal bro.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

LOL! A lot of guys did that. We see a poll and we want to put our 2 cents in. It's perfectly normal bro.

Its just the excitement of wanting to voice their opinions in this huge debate.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Mission Accomplished!

Ok fellas, my log is 100% complete. You can check it out if you like, my link is in my sig!

Final Review:

Animal Pump:
    I was skeptical with Animal Pump at first, Im more accustomed to the intense energy rush preworkout supplement. However, I was pleasently surprised with my log with Animal Pump. It really taught me that you dont need that "rush" to have an excellent workout. My week of Animal Pump treated me well. I didnt experience any increased energy in the gym, and the pumps were few and far between, but what I really noticed is a BIG boost of endurance and an increased overall sense of well being, like I was "on" during all of my workouts and I was in tune with the exercises. As I stated in my log, what I loved most about Animal Pump was its effects on Cardio. I havent had such great cardio workouts in a very long time. Each time, I felt like I could give more and more when my workouts were over, usually Im ready to fallover at that point.

Shock Therapy:
    My experiences with Shock Therapy went a lot different than with Animal Pump. With each dosage, I felt the increased bouts of energy associated with my usual pwo supplements that I love. I had some nice pumps during workout as well. What I lacked in my Shock Therapy workouts however was that great endurance I got with Animal Pump. When my workouts were over, I felt like I had nothing left in the tank.

My verdict is in...and the winner in my eyes is ANIMAL PUMP!!!!

Thank you once again Universal/Animal guy's for providing me with this great opportunity to log this for you. I enjoyed every minute of it.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Ok fellas, my log is 100% complete. You can check it out if you like, my link is in my sig!

Final Review:

Animal Pump:
    I was skeptical with Animal Pump at first, Im more accustomed to the intense energy rush preworkout supplement. However, I was pleasently surprised with my log with Animal Pump. It really taught me that you dont need that "rush" to have an excellent workout. My week of Animal Pump treated me well. I didnt experience any increased energy in the gym, and the pumps were few and far between, but what I really noticed is a BIG boost of endurance and an increased overall sense of well being, like I was "on" during all of my workouts and I was in tune with the exercises. As I stated in my log, what I loved most about Animal Pump was its effects on Cardio. I havent had such great cardio workouts in a very long time. Each time, I felt like I could give more and more when my workouts were over, usually Im ready to fallover at that point.

Shock Therapy:
    My experiences with Shock Therapy went a lot different than with Animal Pump. With each dosage, I felt the increased bouts of energy associated with my usual pwo supplements that I love. I had some nice pumps during workout as well. What I lacked in my Shock Therapy workouts however was that great endurance I got with Animal Pump. When my workouts were over, I felt like I had nothing left in the tank.

My verdict is in...and the winner in my eyes is ANIMAL PUMP!!!!

Thank you once again Universal/Animal guy's for providing me with this great opportunity to log this for you. I enjoyed every minute of it.

VERY VERY well done. Sounds like you definitely ran the gauntlet with those two. Rack up another for Animal Pump. I am a big fan of the increased endurance and focus as well with Pump. Great work.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by yohead View Post
    VERY VERY well done. Sounds like you definitely ran the gauntlet with those two. Rack up another for Animal Pump. I am a big fan of the increased endurance and focus as well with Pump. Great work.

ditto Y. Good review MC, and a nice unexpected twist at the end I must say

Hg
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Thanks guys!
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.

final review coming in a few days, had to start late
  14. UniversalUSA.com

Some great summaries... Sorry fellas, but I forgot to start a new, clean poll. Should we just keep this one or start a new one?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Some great summaries... Sorry fellas, but I forgot to start a new, clean poll. Should we just keep this one or start a new one?

I vote, keep this one and weed out the votes that don't count (not that they don't count, you know what I mean). You start a new one and in 15 minutes 3 more people who were not logging will come in and vote in it before reading LOL!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.

I vote, keep this one and weed out the votes that don't count (not that they don't count, you know what I mean). You start a new one and in 15 minutes 3 more people who were not logging will come in and vote in it before reading LOL!
    I second this vote.
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

HG hit the nail on the head - just use the pertinent data from this poll, starting a new one probably won't provide any better results, unfortunately
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thumbs up

Agreed...
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

Final Review

Okay here is my 3rd attempt to log my final review of the products. My apologies for the timing as things have been crazy at work in addition to it being my last week before going on to a new job.

Animal Pump.

I have to say I was very surprised by pump. I wasn't sure what to expect and am used to the energy rush from most Pre Workout supps I have taken. While there wasn't the energy rush the sustained focus and concentration were great. Pump also just added a great endurance to my workouts and the additional benefit of being more focused at work throughout the day.

Shock Therapy

Shock was more of what I was use too in a PreWO supplement. For me though the Shock was just a little too intense. I had to back off the dosage to make it tolerable or I was jittery and just not with it for my workouts. I did like the added boost in energy and also got some great pumps from shock. You can never beat walking out of the gym with the shirt tight around those arms.

In then end I chose Pump though for the sustained focus and endurance it provided. I am not a big stimulant person and usually just drink coffee on the way to the gym in the morning. That seems to work fine for me and my greatest benefit is really controlling movements and the being able to utilize the muscles being worked to the fullest. Pump was the product that did that for me. So many thanks to Universal for allowing me to run this log.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Another hit for the Pump.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thoughts and reactions...

I'm a bit torn... I like the convenience of Pump... Just grab and go... Great focus, and intensity were the themes of my workouts on it...
    Shock Therapy gave me a greater energy burst, and I like the taste... Both assisted me in getting killer pumps... But, I generally workout right after work, and need that boost...
    And, the winner is.............
    Shock Therapy...
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    I'm a bit torn... I like the convenience of Pump... Just grab and go... Great focus, and intensity were the themes of my workouts on it...
    Shock Therapy gave me a greater energy burst, and I like the taste... Both assisted me in getting killer pumps... But, I generally workout right after work, and need that boost...
    And, the winner is.............
    Shock Therapy...

Who would have known?
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Who would have known?
    Actually, it was a pretty hard decision... The grab and go convenience of Pump, as well as the focus I got made it pretty tempting to go that way... But, as I said, I workout in after work, and need that boost that I get from Shock Therapy... That is a HUUUGE factor for me...
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

It's Done!

ANIMAL PUMP

There was nothing new with PUMP that i didn't know about. It's a great product. In the past, Pump has given me more focus and energy for the duration of my workout, skin bursting pumps with different rep ranges, and helped me get through my weight struggles.

When i took the PUMP for the promo, I took it for 4 workout days(M<T<TH<F). On Monday I noticed energy levels were up at the beginning and the focus was there 3/4 of my workout. Tuesday was the same but noticed more of a pump, along with higher energy levels through out the entire workout. Thursday, I really started to feel the full effect of the PUMP. Energy, Focus, Strength, and stamina was up all the way. Lastly, Friday, was great!!! It was arm day, need I say any more!!!!!!!!

SHOCK THREPY

I have never tried this product before and thank U-REP for letting me to do so! It was awesome.

When I took the SHOCK for the promo, once again I took it for 4 days, the same days as above. On Monday, as soon as 15 mins i was ready to go tear so weights off. The extreme focus was so intense that it actually felt like the alpha male was coming out. The pump was not there yet and energy was lasting all the way through my workout. Tuesday the same as Monday, but Thursday and Friday was UNREAL! I finally started to feel more of a "pump", but not like Animal PUMP did.

These 2 products are basically the same with 1 differences. The SHOCK gave my more aggression and energy in my workout. The PUMP gave me more of a "pump" and the energy last a little bit longer, but never got to the point has the SHOCK did.

With 1 sample left w/ each i decided to follow that next week with PUMP on Monday and SHOCK on Tuesday. The combination of the 2 was worth it. It actually intensified the 2 supps. I will be doing a PUMP/SHOCK stack(1 day on with PUMP followed by 1 day on with SHOCK and keep that cycle until I run out). What do you guys think about that?

Verdict: SHOCK THERAPY!

Thanks U-Rep

Sorry for the delay, life has been a little busy!
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me V. Glad you did well on both supplements. Your review was very well written as well.

Hg
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Any final tallies on this one?
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Any final tallies on this one?
    I still have 2 workouts with ST yet bro. I started a little later so I could finish the SportPharma basic stack.

Hg
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

just voted. will post link to review in a few
    SFW and GFH
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up Tally The Votes!

I'm going to say it this way:

Each product, both Shock Therapy and Animal Pump have their place. If I had to choose one over the other for the rest of my life I would be upset.

I find that Animal Pump gives me drive that lasts a long time and a much harder pump in my muscles. I also feel better, not as nauseated and I feel stronger than I do on ST. All in all, I get way better results with this product over the ST. After taking AP I find I still have energy from it half the day later.

With Shock Therapy I find that I get a quick rush of energy that doesn't last as long and is a bit prone to upsetting my stomach as well as giving me a mild headache if I take it on an empty stomach. I do get good energy from it and a nice pump. The recover between sets is good. A few hours after the gym the rush is gone.

Given the way the two products work for me both have their place. When I workout in the evenings I like to use some ST because the rush comes on quick but then wears off in time for me to get to sleep at a reasonable time. Animal Pump is good for my Saturday morning workouts because that is when I hit it the hardest and then I'm not shot for the rest of the day after my workout as AP sticks with me. I can take AP in the evening but I have to take the red stim pill out.

All in all I like and will continue to use both products as I push for more with each workout.

My final vote for overall effectiveness and performance?...

It's got to be Animal Pump! :bb3:

Hg
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

well, it has been fun comparing these two products...
    i have used them both regularly in the past, but never stopped to actually compare them.

first thing is that both of these products worked for me, each with different advantages.
    here's my take on them both:

Animal Pump
    - convenient: i like just slamming down a pack
    - energy: smooth and sustained
    - focus: excellent mental focus during workout
    - flexibility: ability to remove stims
    - pumps: good solid pumps

Shock Therapy
    - powder mixes quickly and easily and tastes decent.
    - energy: kick in the ass! if you're feeling rundown or tired, ST will get you through your workout.
    - intensity: the energy in ST really gets me going
    - pumps: very "full" pumps and vascularity

Winner: Animal Pump.
    overall, i prefer the smooth, sustained energy and focus from the red pill.
    when you combine that with the convenience of the pack, ability to remove the stims, and good pumps, it's tough to beat this combo.

that being said, i pretty much always have a tub of ST and Storm in my cupboard.
    these are two products that work, are cheap, and a tub lasts for a long time.

for those that would like to read my workout log, here it is:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-s-animal.html
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.

First off let me say i have a VERY high tolerance for caffeine so that may be the reason for my lack of results.

Okay, so after being done with both here are the pros of both:

Animal Pump
    -easy to take
    -no taste
    -slow released energy
    -decent, but not great pump(I lift in the low rep range)
    -no extra vascularity

Shock Therapy
    -quick burst of energy(for days with no motivation)
    -for some reason I feel more alpha drinking a pre workout drink.
    -once again, decent pump but arms feel tighter.
    -good vascularity.

WINNER:Shock Therapy!!

yup it just worked a little better for me. although Animal Pump was very close behind!
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Reading through some of these reminds me that I need give shock therapy another chance.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Reading through some of these reminds me that I need give shock therapy another chance.
    +1... this comparo showed me just how good ST is.
    i plan to keep it on hand just in case i need that extra kick or to change it up a little here and there.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Cool

True that B. It will always have it's place.

Hg
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.

Does the "pump" feeling from Animal Pump increase with each dosage. I had a sample pack that I took and I got a decent pump, I just wondered if the effects would be more intense as I took more of it.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ricklovin View Post
    Does the "pump" feeling from Animal Pump increase with each dosage. I had a sample pack that I took and I got a decent pump, I just wondered if the effects would be more intense as I took more of it.
    Very good question R. The answer is yes for most of us. I know some guys say they didn't notice a lot on the first try and some guys say they get crazy results right from the first try. But I have seen most if not all of them agree that it gets more and more intense as you continue use. Most experience a progressive roll on for the first week to 2 weeks.

That is how it was for me. It was great on the first try but just kept getting better for about 2 weeks before I was getting max results. After that it held too which I was very pleased with. I continued using it for another 8 weeks and every workout left me with rock hard Pumps and insane drive in the gym. I love the Animal Pump.

Hg
  37. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ricklovin View Post
    It could.. Many report that Pump really kicks in around days 10-14... For some, it's the "pump". For others, it's strength and focus. So it ultimately... Depends.

Keep in mind this anecdotal feedback is from those who run Pump straight--not just on liftin' days.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Keep in mind this anecdotal feedback is from those who run Pump straight--not just on liftin' days.

Good point U and it should be emphasized that what I said about my experience was just that. From using a pack every day. You do still get better results over time though even when you use it only on lifting days because I have done that now too.

Hg
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

man I can't wait to get back on pump.
    Next log I do will be some pump!
    SFW and GFH
  40. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    man I can't wait to get back on pump.
    Next log I do will be some pump!
    What did ya say? I was lookin' at your avy...........
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Animal Pump or Shock Therapy? Which is it going to be?
    By Hoomgar in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
  2. Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy
    By The_Reverend in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
  3. PROMO: Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy Comparo
    By Universal Rep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
  4. rockgyms animal pump vs shock therapy log