Mental and Texas' Wired BBing Show

Page 6 of 39 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Texas I sent out the email request about the products via my regular email account, but didn't hear back....

When is the day for the pics again? How long do I have to prep? Sorry...
    If you are doing body composition change aka Recomp starting pics are AUgust 25 and then ending pics are feb 1.

if you are doing a weight class all you need is ending photos on feb 1.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    If you are doing body composition change aka Recomp starting pics are AUgust 25 and then ending pics are feb 1.

if you are doing a weight class all you need is ending photos on feb 1.
    WOW! Really? It's that long? I'll go for the weight class whatever it is around 195-200.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

WOW! Really? It's that long? I'll go for the weight class whatever it is around 195-200.
    Alright yeah man. Gives everyone a chance to participate. and it gives time to show true progress
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Alright yeah man. Gives everyone a chance to participate. and it gives time to show true progress
    Nice man! I'm exhausted from my recomp :P I am honestly thinking about taking a vacation soon. Something. But I can't. I gotta keep pushing on and get myself financially surplused. I'm doing good still in PCT... God I hate PCT. Time to prep up.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

I am in? I guess.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I am in? I guess.
    what class?
  7. Registered User

...bump
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

looks like the 205 class has grown... is that enough to ensure that class will be in
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by motive View Post
    looks like the 205 class has grown... is that enough to ensure that class will be in
    Sure, we were hopping 5 but 4 will be fine, im sure someone else will jump in.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

have u thought about this being a annual contest
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.

it's gotta go well once before declaring that they'll do it again.
    SFW and GFH
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

So is this what we'd have to do for out pic's? I took these this morning. So everyone in the recomp class knows I plan on being 10lbs heavier and 2% leaner by feb 1. I gotta start talking a little trash

distilled_H2O - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  13. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    So is this what we'd have to do for out pic's? I took these this morning. So everyone in the recomp class knows I plan on beeing 10lbs heavier and 2% leaner by feb 1

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/distilled_H2O/
    plan all you want..........BUDDY!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

ReComp??

So is this what we'd have to do for out pic's? I took these this morning. So everyone in the recomp class knows I plan on being 10lbs heavier and 2% leaner by feb 1. I gotta start talking a little trash

distilled_H2O - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    No offense, but . . .

Does your current physique need Recomping? A recomp is adjusting the muscle:fat ratios/percentages. Add mass and drop BF, that's fine. A 2% drop in BF is not THAT much to be considered a recomp IMO. How about a guy that is at 15-20% BF dropping down into the low teens while adding some weight, I think that's a recomp. I could def lose more than 2%, but I am not calling it a recomp. Friends and family notice that I look "ripped" but I am simply lean, not cut/striated YET.

I just think a lot of people are in the recomp category that could/should be in the other categories. Maybe a recomp if you're dropping some EXTRA BF. You ARE lean and look great (homo comment) . . . I think I love you.:bb:

JK: every time someone makes a complimentary comment they have to say "no homo" just to be sure

Just an observation, but is recomp becoming overused?
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Im recomping because I am an athlete who has a spring sport. We start in january and I can't be contest lean during the season. If I entered the "SHOW's" I'd get smoked. So I choose to be in the recomp class.

Yea the no homo stuff makes me laugh too
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    You ARE lean and look great (homo comment) ... I think I love you

JK: every time someone makes a complimentary comment they have to say "no homo" just to be sure

LOL...you never said "no homo".......but you did say..
    I think I love you
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    No offense, but . . .

Does your current physique need Recomping? A recomp is adjusting the muscle:fat ratios/percentages. Add mass and drop BF, that's fine. A 2% drop in BF is not THAT much to be considered a recomp IMO. How about a guy that is at 15-20% BF dropping down into the low teens while adding some weight, I think that's a recomp. I could def lose more than 2%, but I am not calling it a recomp. Friends and family notice that I look "ripped" but I am simply lean, not cut/striated YET.

I just think a lot of people are in the recomp category that could/should be in the other categories. Maybe a recomp if you're dropping some EXTRA BF. You ARE lean and look great (homo comment) . . . I think I love you.:bb:

I agree. I'm at 15 % and not even re comping.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  18. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Id say im around 12-13% and im "recomping" .. To me, anytime you lose fat/ and add muscle thats recomping. Everyone has there different opinions on what it is, what it shouldnt be.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Id say im around 12-13% and im "recomping" .. To me, anytime you lose fat/ and add muscle thats recomping. Everyone has there different opinions on what it is, what it shouldnt be.
    shut up....
  20. Registered User

You guys will have to ask Texas is its ok to come in toa recomp class lean. Id say ersonally must be 10%+ BF to eneter the class, but its Texas' division so i guys its more of a "best change" class.....? I dont know.

As far as doing this again. I hope So. Once again A.M. will not be involved it'll be more along the lines of when me and Texas' have time to set it up. Hopefully once a year will work, same time every year.

DW, The poses are listed on the first page, you need to make sure you do all of them to be official.

So everyone knows, Follow how DW did his page and it'll be way easier for everyone to browse the pics and judges to compare.
  21. Registered User

Who ever is in the "recomp" category, if your already in shape, and you dont have that much to lose, you will just look silly next too someone at 20%+, who gets down to <10%.

I dont think the judges would have that difficult of a decision if your pictures look basically the same, versus a person that drops 15-30lbs over the same amount of time.
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    Who ever is in the "recomp" category, if your already in shape, and you dont have that much to lose, you will just look silly next too someone at 20%+, who gets down to <10%.

I dont think the judges would have that difficult of a decision if your pictures look basically the same, versus a person that drops 15-30lbs over the same amount of time.
    Some at 8% who adds 10lbs of LBM (while maintaining 8-9% BF) in 6 months will also look ridiculously different.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I know MT. I have all of the, but some didn't turn out right and since they're not offical I didn't post them all. They were way off centered.

Guys you all know why Im recomping. I can't play baseball at a competative level at 4-5%BF. However 7-9% is possible.

If you guys dont want me to participate then im fine with that I'll sit it out. If everyone in the recomp class, or in general, wants to have a poll and vote yes or no thats fine. I promise I will have no hard feelings agaisnt anyone if you guys want me to stay out of the recomp class.

Personally I think it's silly to say that and you guys should use it as measureing point.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.

I know MT. I have all of the, but some didn't turn out right and since they're not offical I didn't post them all. They were way off centered.

Guys you all know why Im recomping. I can't play baseball at a competative level at 4-5%BF. However 7-9% is possible.

If you guys dont want me to participate then im fine with that I'll sit it out. If everyone in the recomp class, or in general, wants to have a poll and vote yes or no thats fine. I promise I will have no hard feelings agaisnt anyone if you guys want me to stay out of the recomp class.

Personally I think it's silly to say that and you guys should use it as measureing point.
    I'm with DW. I play baseball too and being at 6% body fat would do me no good whatsoever.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

DW, I think you should compete. To say you dont have a chance is silly. It's free, so if nothing else use it as a motivator.
  26. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Some at 8% who adds 10lbs of LBM (while maintaining 8-9% BF) in 6 months will also look ridiculously different.
    At what height? And which class are you competing in?

And to Distilled Water, I dont wish you too withdraw or change your category at all. I was just making a generalized statement.
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    DW, I think you should compete. To say you dont have a chance is silly. It's free, so if nothing else use it as a motivator.
    I wont compete in the 175-205 class. If I can't go in 110% in "contest shape" (4-6%) I dont want to and thats why i'd be in the recomp but if you look above some of the guys in the class are a little upset. The last thing I want to do is ruffle any of my AM bros feathers.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

why are people upset?
  29. Registered User

Everyone chill if your not and if you are great.

Texas' did not specify any exact requirments to be in the recomp calss....
    The class is stictly for people who think they weill show the most amount of difference between the 2 pic dates.

So if youre 175 at 9% BF and showtime comes and you changed to 178 at 8%, wont see much difference....
    ON THE OTHER HAND...
    If you 205 at 15% and you end up at 180 at 8-9% youll show a very large difference and therefore...have MORE of a chance to win the catergory.

It is not a catergory judged on lean/hugenes....BUT ratehr based on ability to change over the period of time...

That being said, i would highly recomend anyone under 10% BF to not joing recomp....but good luck

Like i said, Texas' can come in and give you the official ruling, buit if your lean, well good luck in recomp.
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    but if your lean, well good luck in recomp.
    In a nutshell.

Where's the ladies at? Reps are allowed to do the competition portion right? If profile pics are to be believed theres some females around here that are in great shape, like that APnut rep kkshaef. Im sure crader can do it , if she's not already.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Not sure whats going in here but I just wanted to say watch out 205+!

:bb3:
  32. Registered User

well as you know i posted in the womens section. But to no avail havei heard anything. I told Crader the womens class is open for whoever.
    NO OFFENSE AT ALL but sometimes women arent as comfotable as a guy in doing something like this, they may just want to be more healthy and fit and thats why theyre at A.M.

I told Crader she could be a judge if she wanted to be involved if the womens class doesnt take off.
    But no other reps will be allowed to be judges, i just dont wanna seem like we are neglecting women for this.

Yes, Reps are allowed to do the comp portion.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

I'm trying to get a girl I know to do it. But she is completely unfamiliar with message boards in general so the outlook it bleek. I'll keep working/annoying her.
  34. Registered User

well either way i was looking at the main page for people involved...and thinkign a few things....

Either...
    We need to go 205+ and a 205- classes and call it that, or ditch the Recomp and people need to fall into the proper weight class....

This will have to be decided a week out so everyone knows.

I am not sure why people want to try the recomp class as either way youll be dieting down and getting in shape. Maybe 1 or 2 people here are goign to come in AMAZING shape but most i think wont go sub 6% BF.

I need everyone to think about how you feel about adjusting classes and PM ME! DO NOT POST IT HERE i dont want anyone gettin mad at eachother for wantign a certain something, then i will consult texas' and like i said we will decide...

The only other option is, EVERYONE needs to spread the word and PM memebers to get involved.
    This si a community and we're jsut having fun with all thw work and money we put into it.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

I say welcome to Distilled joining the recomp class. Like I said before, I need motivation, and seeing someone already leaned out coming in, and threatening to be in even better shape by the end? Hell, thats exactly what I need. Granted, he will have a harder time showing a large change compared to someone like myself, ~ 14/15% bf, but if he is willing to put up with it, I say bring it on. The better the competition in the show, the better the show will be. IDK about the other guys, but thats how I feel at least.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    I say welcome to Distilled joining the recomp class. Like I said before, I need motivation, and seeing someone already leaned out coming in, and threatening to be in even better shape by the end? Hell, thats exactly what I need. Granted, he will have a harder time showing a large change compared to someone like myself, ~ 14/15% bf, but if he is willing to put up with it, I say bring it on. The better the competition in the show, the better the show will be. IDK about the other guys, but thats how I feel at least.
    wholeheartedly agree!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

What is a recomp?
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Distilled... you look ripped as hell man! Dang holmes!
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Distilled... you look ripped as hell man! Dang holmes!
    Thanks bro.

Recomp is when you try and lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously. Tough to do but possible I hear.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.

Thanks bro.

Recomp is when you try and lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously. Tough to do but possible I hear.
    a recomp is when you maintiain the same lean mass while losing bodyfat or maintain the same bodyfat while gaining lean mass.

in effect, it seems like you are losing fat/while gaining muscle.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mental & Texas Show: Teen Class Picture Thread
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Pics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
  2. Mental & Texas Show: 205+ Picture thread
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 09:05 PM
  3. Mental & Texas show: 175-205 Picture Thread