Triacetyl Resveratrol- REVERSE!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Many of you recently have asked me why it is we chose triacetyl resveratrol over other analogs and what makes triacetyl resveratrol so special in relation to normal resveratrol. I am going to give a quick summary of why it is triacetyl resveratrol is superior to the hydroxy form (normal Res).

One of the biggest problems of trans-resveratrol is the known low bioavailability of it. In vitro resveratrol exhibits absolutely amazing effects such as anti-aging, anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-estrogenic, immunomodulatory, and positive effects on bone. In vivo, however, these effects are not as well seen in most doses given in the laboratory. Although these effects are dose dependent it is very common for mega doses of the compound be given to rats to force plasma levels to rise by overpowering the effects of glucorinidation and sulfation. Together glucorinidation and sufation are the biggest threat to achieving high plasma levels of resveratrol. To combat this problem many people have used compounds such as quercetin and piperine to compete for the process. However, there are downsides to this process as well and it is more of a bandaid to a problem rather than a fix.

The second problem with resveratrol is that it is found in such small quantities in nature. Red wine has on average about 6mg per liter. To achieve 600mg resveratrol one would have to drink 100 liters of red wine, a feat only accomplished by maybe supersoldier and poppypants ;). One of the compounds that actually protects resveratrol is ethanol, but its use in dietary supplementation is impossible.

There have been scores of resveratrol analogs studied, each of which had an up side and a down side. It seemed as though pure resveratrol was the absolute best overall compound, but it is sort of a catch 22 since getting high enough plasma levels of resveratrol without mega dosing and breaking the bank was near impossible. Obviously IV and intrathecal administration is out as well. Compounds such as trimethoxy resveratrol shined in anti-tumor studies, showing a 10 fold decrease in tumor growth over resveratrol and more potent inhbition than many anti-tumor pharmaceuticals already on the market. The down side is that trimethoxy resvertrol exhibits close to zero antioxidant properties. Resveratrol itself exhibits antioxidant properties greater than vitamin e.

Our solution to these problems is simple. Create a compound that absorbs rapidly, resists breakdown, and returns to its natural form. Although triacetyl resveratrol itself exhibits many positive effects it is what happens to this compound in the body that will make it spectacular. First off is intestinal absorption. Resveratrol actually absorbs quite fast compared to many compounds, with absorption rates in vivo of ~ 70nm/s as opposed to the transport marker mannitol which absorbed at a rate of ~ 4nm/s. Since triacetyl resveratrol is much more lipid soluble than resveratrol it will absorb across these lipid membranes at a much faster rate, decreasing exposure to the enzymes responsible for glucorinidation and sulfation. The liver is the next point that triacetyl resveratrol will meet and although some will get broken down, it is well known that acetyl groups resist breakdown better than hydroxy groups. Ester hydrolysis will occur in the body and the product of ester hydrolysis is pure resveratrol. This will allow the highest levels of pure resveratrol to enter the blood stream.

Triacetyl Resveratrol: R1,R2,R3 = COCH3
Resveratrol: R1,R2,R3 = H

Another good article is Enhancement of the oral bioavailability of phenyto...[Biol Pharm Bull. 1998] - PubMed Result.

Enhancement of the oral bioavailability of phenyto...[Biol Pharm Bull. 1998] - PubMed Result
Ch20: Hydrolysis of Esters (from picture above)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
LoL

As soon as it is done being capsuled. As I have stated before, there will be a little surprise with the capsulation. Takes a little longer but it is worth it.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
LoL

As soon as it is done being capsuled. As I have stated before, there will be a little surprise with the capsulation. Takes a little longer but it is worth it.
Sounds great. I'm eager to snag a couple of bottles and see how they compare to the others that I've ran. I've found my best results with around 3000mg of 50% Trans Res-V. It would be nice to have a lower dosed alternative.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to take 8-12 caps of Post Cycle Support to notice anything at all. So I really don't know about trans-resveratrol. I haven't heard any amazing results from the transdermal product either from P.P....I think this product is just too expensive to dose high enough to get results. In other words the cost/results ration is too high!.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I havent read the links yet, but as an example the following abstract would indicate an effective dose for a 200lb male would only be 1800mg's/day (after kg conversion and study it is applied IV). What dose for example would you say is needed to equal this 1800mg's orally to produce the same effect?

Btw the study uses pterostilbene and quercetin. Pterostilbene (3,5-dimethoxy-4'-hydroxystilbene; PTER) is just methyloxylated res...

Also how does this equate to triacetyl Resveratrol? What is going to be the recommended daily dosing and any idea on price?

Association between pterostilbene and quercetin inhibits metastatic activity of B16 melanoma.Ferrer P, Asensi M, Segarra R, Ortega A, Benlloch M, Obrador E, Varea MT, Asensio G, Jordá L, Estrela JM.
Department of Physiology, University of Valencia, Spain.

Inhibition of cancer growth by resveratrol (trans-3,5,4'-trihydroxystilbene; RESV), a phytoalexin present in many plant species, is limited by its low bioavailability. Pterostilbene (3,5-dimethoxy-4'-hydroxystilbene; PTER) and quercetin (3,3',4',5,6-pentahydroxyflavone; QUER), two structurally related and naturally occurring small polyphenols, show longer half-life in vivo. In vitro growth of highly malignant B16 melanoma F10 cells (B16M-F10) is inhibited (56%) by short-time exposure (60 min/day) to PTER (40 microm) and QUER (20 microm) (approximate mean values of plasma concentrations measured within the first hour after intravenous administration of 20 mg/kg each polyphenol). Intravenous administration of PTER and QUER (20 mg/kg per day) to mice inhibits (73%) metastatic growth of B16M-F10 cell in the liver, a common site for metastasis development. The anti-metastatic mechanism involves: 1) a PTER-induced inhibition of vascular adhesion molecule 1 expression in the hepatic sinusoidal endothelium, which consequently decreases B16M-F10 cell adhesion to the endothelium through very late activation antigen 4; and 2) a QUER- and PTER-induced inhibition of Bcl-2 expression in metastatic cells, which sensitizes them to vascular endothelium-induced cytotoxicity. Our findings demonstrate that the association of PTER and QUER inhibits metastatic melanoma growth and extends host survival.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I havent read the links yet, but as an example the following abstract would indicate an effective dose for a 200lb male would only be 1800mg's/day (after kg conversion and study it is applied IV). What dose for example would you say is needed to equal this 1800mg's orally to produce the same effect?

Btw the study uses pterostilbene and quercetin. Pterostilbene (3,5-dimethoxy-4'-hydroxystilbene; PTER) is just methyloxylated res...

Also how does this equate to triacetyl Resveratrol? What is going to be the recommended daily dosing and any idea on price?
Well one thing that I do want to point out is that I can't tell you an exact dosage to take. Most of the human studies conducted on resveratrol are different from one another, some giving lower dosages, some giving much higher dosages and each showing different uM amounts in the blood. I feel it would be impossible to guess at what the equivalent dosage would be for Reverse compared to regular resveratrol without some sort of study. With that being said we are going to start this sort of testing very soon. We have a few companies that we are looking at to conduct our research. We want to answer these sorts of questions but it isn't completely cheap and it does take a little time.

I have noticed a LOT of people are megadosing res. I don't feel this to be necessary though. Remember you don't always have to "feel" something working for it to work. No one is positive if resveratrol is responsible for the French paradox or not but if it is then it would suggest that resveratrol in low doses taken regularly would be sufficient to exhibit sirt1 activity.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well one thing that I do want to point out is that I can't tell you an exact dosage to take. Most of the human studies conducted on resveratrol are different from one another, some giving lower dosages, some giving much higher dosages and each showing different uM amounts in the blood. I feel it would be impossible to guess at what the equivalent dosage would be for Reverse compared to regular resveratrol without some sort of study. With that being said we are going to start this sort of testing very soon. We have a few companies that we are looking at to conduct our research. We want to answer these sorts of questions but it isn't completely cheap and it does take a little time.

I have noticed a LOT of people are megadosing res. I don't feel this to be necessary though. Remember you don't always have to "feel" something working for it to work. No one is positive if resveratrol is responsible for the French paradox or not but if it is then it would suggest that resveratrol in low doses taken regularly would be sufficient to exhibit sirt1 activity.

French Paradox?. You mean why the French are not as fat as Americans?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically.

Being that the chemical structure is changed there is obviously potential for unknown toxicity here...definitely interesting product though. I'll just let these guys above try it first. :D

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The Lab rat has arrived so let me at it! :D

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Basically.

Being that the chemical structure is changed there is obviously potential for unknown toxicity here...definitely interesting product though. I'll just let these guys above try it first. :D

That is just because they practice portion control. They just don't over-eat and they eat fresh foods, nothing instant, nothing manufactured. Food you have to cook that takes time to prepare.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
has nothing to do with fat, just to do with heart attack rates. for all the amount of rich high saturated fats, cheeses, cream sauces, etc they take in, they have some of the lowest incidence of heart disease.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
has nothing to do with fat, just to do with heart attack rates. for all the amount of rich high saturated fats, cheeses, cream sauces, etc they take in, they have some of the lowest incidence of heart disease.
Exactly, as well as a longer lifespan.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=AEmUoTEgVV8&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=XuI81vEfUiw&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=4poziKWS0bo&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
No offence to the Québécois that frequent the forums, but does the French diet also promote douchebaggery?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No offence to the Québécois that frequent the forums, but does the French diet also promote douchebaggery?
or it might be the hiding from any military conflict that gives the longer average lifespan....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
French and French-Canadian are completely different. So don't mix up the two. Seriously when I was a young-un we had a french exchange student staying with our family. She over-heard some french canadians, and asked - "What language are they speaking?".

RWoods

RWoods

Awards
good stuff man! looking forward to using the hell out of it!

Not sure of pricing just yet but I believe we are going to do 400mg/serving.
will it be 400mg once or twice a day? 30 servings per bottle?

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is this anything like what iForce is putting out?
Just curious...

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just curious...
IForce's ingredient hasnt been released as far as I know. So I'm guessin thats an impossible question to answer at this point. I'm betting its different though (with res being the only similarity).

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just curious...
I think they are making theirs a PCT product, or so I have heard. I think Res in PCT is a dumb idea, so I am not sure why there is the crazy lately.

By the way dosing is 300mg per serving and there will be a 30 day supply. The cost of this compound is very expensive but the fact that you will be getting higher plasma levels means you don't have to take as much.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
I think they are making theirs a PCT product, or so I have heard. I think Res in PCT is a dumb idea, so I am not sure why there is the crazy lately.

By the way dosing is 300mg per serving and there will be a 30 day supply. The cost of this compound is very expensive but the fact that you will be getting higher plasma levels means you don't have to take as much.
people are using it in PCT because it has SERM like properties. this is true, isn't it? lol.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
people are using it in PCT because it has SERM like properties. this is true, isn't it? lol.
This is the most debated subject right now. Resveratrol alone is a phytoestrogen. Depending on the uM concentrations in plasma and depending on which cell types we are referring to it can be estrogenic or anti-estrogenic. In fact in some cell types it is considered a superagonist, where it binds much much stronger than estradiol, in other tissues its affinity for the estrogen receptor is equal to that of estradiol, and again in others it has antagonistic effects. With that being said there isn't really any studies that show whether or not this has any effect on the HPTA. I can't really figure out why people are using it for this purpose anyways considering there are such better options out there. It is like trying to use tylenol for controlling pain while having a tooth removed instead of novocaine (extreme example).

Not to mention the fact there are studies that show that it increases progesterone levels significantly in vitro. I am the first to say that in vitro isn't a good determining factor, but it is a start and it still shows that it has these properties.

radaruckus

Awards
I like the AGE reducing properties of Resveratrol. The life extension crowd should love this as will I

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the most debated subject right now. Resveratrol alone is a phytoestrogen. Depending on the uM concentrations in plasma and depending on which cell types we are referring to it can be estrogenic or anti-estrogenic. In fact in some cell types it is considered a superagonist, where it binds much much stronger than estradiol, in other tissues its affinity for the estrogen receptor is equal to that of estradiol, and again in others it has antagonistic effects. With that being said there isn't really any studies that show whether or not this has any effect on the HPTA. I can't really figure out why people are using it for this purpose anyways considering there are such better options out there. It is like trying to use tylenol for controlling pain while having a tooth removed instead of novocaine (extreme example).

Not to mention the fact there are studies that show that it increases progesterone levels significantly in vitro. I am the first to say that in vitro isn't a good determining factor, but it is a start and it still shows that it has these properties.
I believe there is also a study showing a 600% increase in prolactin. However it was done on rats with doses that are realistically not attainable in humans if I remember correctly. Definitely different positives/sides at different doses.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established

i have only used it once and that was in POST cycle support. i used it as my "PCT" for an epistane 8 week pulse. i took that with Drive and had no issues. i did not get bloodwork, so just going by how i felt doesn't prove anything at all. i didn't get gyno though! :lol: i felt good the entire time also. i agree 100% that there are much better options available for the PCT time frame. thanks a lot for the solid info, reps.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established

As I understand it, Res is used in PCT not for stimulating the HTPA, but to prevent Gyno as studies suggest it inhibits Breast Tissue stimulation by estrogen (a factor in breast cancer) by binding to receptor sites in the area without activating them. Although, some rat or mouse studies showed increases in sperm count with the use of RES suggesting that it does perhaps do something to the HPTA.

I too keep reading that it is a phyto estrogen ect, so I'm just not sure about it's real world applications or side effects thereof when it comes to PCT, or anything else beyond Anti-Ox properties for that matter.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I too keep reading that it is a phyto estrogen ect, so I'm just not sure about it's real world applications or side effects thereof when it comes to PCT, or anything else beyond Anti-Ox properties for that matter.
well the fact that it is a phyto estrogen is the reason it has serm like capabilities. serm is "selective estrogen receptor modulator" and like you said it tends to bind with the receptors in breast tissue, which means estradiol can't, so it reduces chance of gyno (as a phytoestrogen its far weaker than estradiol is).

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
as a phytoestrogen its far weaker than estradiol is).
This is actually incorrect as stated. As I have mentioned before, it depends on the cell type. In some cell types, such as MCF-7, resveratrol functioned as a superagonist, meaning it was far stronger than estradiol in promoting an estrogen response. MCF-7 is the human breast adenocarcinoma cell line. Resveratrol also increased the expression of native estrogen-regulated genes, and it stimulated the proliferation of estrogen-dependent
T47D breast cancer cells, so saying that it rids the body of breast cancer is also false given some studies that are out there. Bottom line is there isn't much research on resveratrol and its effects on androgens in males and females. This is why I think it is stupid to use it in PCT. Everyone wants the newest thing, but frankly there are a lot better choices out there for controlling estrogen levels and blocking estrogen receptors than resveratrol trust me. I will note, however, that some studies stated the opposite in the above cell lines, but then it comes down to who you want to believe?

The biggest thing here is SIRT1 activation. We all want to live longer and that is the most promising area of research right now. Quercetin and these other ingredients can actually inhibit activation, so using it to prevent glucorinidation isn't going to do you a lot of good.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yah, there really needs to be more studies, and in actual humans in vivo.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
yah, there really needs to be more studies, and in actual humans in vivo.
Problem is, it is not profitable yet. Big pharma who has the money to conduct these studies won't do so until they see a reason to do so and rightfully so. The rest of the studies are not by any means standardized and I am sure there is a large error base out there by research groups using poor scientific method.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
This is actually incorrect as stated. As I have mentioned before, it depends on the cell type. In some cell types, such as MCF-7, resveratrol functioned as a superagonist, meaning it was far stronger than estradiol in promoting an estrogen response. MCF-7 is the human breast adenocarcinoma cell line. Resveratrol also increased the expression of native estrogen-regulated genes, and it stimulated the proliferation of estrogen-dependent
T47D breast cancer cells, so saying that it rids the body of breast cancer is also false given some studies that are out there. Bottom line is there isn't much research on resveratrol and its effects on androgens in males and females. This is why I think it is stupid to use it in PCT. Everyone wants the newest thing, but frankly there are a lot better choices out there for controlling estrogen levels and blocking estrogen receptors than resveratrol trust me. I will note, however, that some studies stated the opposite in the above cell lines, but then it comes down to who you want to believe?

The biggest thing here is SIRT1 activation. We all want to live longer and that is the most promising area of research right now. Quercetin and these other ingredients can actually inhibit activation, so using it to prevent glucorinidation isn't going to do you a lot of good.

Any better options that are legal without a script and easily obtainable?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Any better options that are legal without a script and easily obtainable?
Honestly I rather just go low dose AI for that if you are looking to control estrogen or reduce a lump. It may not be as effective as toremifene and such but it would work. You would need to continually take it.

For gyno, look over the net for transdermal formulas, there are some that I know have worked well for people. As for PCT I think people are confusing the fact that not all SERM's will restore HPTA in PCT. Some do more than others and the amount of Res you would be getting I seriously doubt would be enough to have any effect.

LMR

LMR

Awards
That's one thing I like about this product is the anti-oxidants that clean out free radicals from causing aging effects. Another product to add to my multi vitamin in the morning.

LMR

LMR

Awards
I just cant wait to get this seriously, I need this at my ole age.

abish

abish

Awards
did anyone see that news broadcats on resvesterol in ABC world News. it was about resv being found in wine and that now scientists are trying to develope a pill

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
did anyone see that news broadcats on resvesterol in ABC world News. it was about resv being found in wine and that now scientists are trying to develope a pill
Haha you gotta love the network broadcasts. They always talk as though the things they talk about are brand new.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how long till it ships? (do I sound repetitive?)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those "scientists" must either be decades behind latest thinking, or they work in slow motion!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Haha I know those news agencies always make me laugh. They will talk about the recent breakthrough of Vitamin E! ;)