Resolve's Mini-Review of X-Dream

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Through various deviant and nefarious efforts I managed to burgle myself two doses of X-dream. :smite:

...ok, not really: my girl was nice enough to share some of hers with me on a couple of nights, first a training day and later a recovery day.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Following a training day: With two training sessions and a normal life in between, I'm always absolutely done by the end of these days and very rarely have trouble sleeping. However, I still like and seem to benefit from such substances as ZMA and GABA before bed - sleep is deeper, dreams are more pronounced and detailed, and I wake more alert and better rested.
So, I was pleased to get to try X-Dreams and definitely satisfied with it's performance. It provided:
- A light sedative effect beginning about 15-20min following ingestion.
- Very satisfying sleep.

I was out almost immediately and that was it. I didn't wake until the sun was shining in my face through the window. In fact, it was so rapid that I fell asleep that I can't really describe much else of my experience with it here. I felt it kick in and I was out. My fatigue from the exertion of my day contributed largely to this, but X-Dreams effects are still noteworthy.

2. A Recovery Day: Much more relaxed and less demanding, my recovery day gave me the chance to evaluate X-Dreams under circumstances that would, hopefully, allow for more observations. This time:
- I again felt the sedation; very relaxed, a feeling of easy contentment. It was somewhat similar to that relaxation which accompanies a glass of wine after dinner, though not nearly as satisfying to the palate.
- Sleep was equally restorative and deep as on the training day.

I did not fall asleep so fast, but did not have difficulty either. As with the training day, I remained asleep the night through.

Evaluations:

X-Dreams is an effective drug-free sleep-aid. With GABA to promote deep sleep and valerian and melatonin to help one fall asleep, it's a solid combo.

Would I use it again? If I found I was having difficulty sleeping, certainly. However, without sleeping-troubles I will be sticking to my ZMA and GABA, as X-Dreams does not include a ZMA complex and I like that mineral supplementation.

If getting a good night's sleep is scarce for you, X-Dreams could prove very beneficial. It knocked me out very rapidly on both my occasions of use.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review Resolve....its greatly appreciated!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping this because I've begun using X-Dream again. Not every night, as I don't find it necessary, but on those occasions where I really want to relax and have as deep a sleep as possible.

I have been dosing two caps sublingually recently, and this method knocks every other sleep aid I have tried out of the water. It provides a legitimate "high" feeling, which slopes gently into a happy lethargy. Within 15-20min of taking X-Dream this way, I'm ready to lay back and let the world pass by me with a smile on my face.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that you like it! :) Look forward to more of your crazy dreams! ;)

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I was reading up on the 2-Bromomelatonin found in X-Dream and it's supposedly 10x stronger than regular melatonin.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was reading up on the 2-Bromomelatonin found in X-Dream and it's supposedly 10x stronger than regular melatonin.

wow! that's awesome! :D I've given a friend of mine a couple weeks worth of X-Dream. She has major sleeping problems, so I really hope will help her out.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Source: Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Urbino, Italy.

"A practical synthesis of N-[2-(2-bromo-5-methoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)ethyl]- acetamide (2-bromomelatonin) was achieved by direct bromination of melatonin with N-bromosuccinimide (NBS) in anhydrous acetic acid at room temperature under nitrogen, followed by flash-chromatography. 1H-NMR and mass spectra showed the bromine to be incorporated at the C-2 position of the indole moiety. Tests performed in vitro with isolated melatonin receptors from rabbit parietal cortex demonstrated that the relative binding affinity of 2-bromomelatonin was about ten times higher than that of melatonin and close to that of 2-iodomelatonin. 2-Bromomelatonin behaved as a potent agonist in the physiological studies. It showed enhanced activity in inhibiting the spontaneous firing activity of cortical neurons and similarly to melatonin and 2-iodomelatonin potentiated significantly the inhibitory effect of GABA. 2-Bromomelatonin was also an extremely effective agonist in the tests performed in vivo in the Syrian hamster gonadal regression model."

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great stuff!