Interesting Article about Resveratrol

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
A summary of research out of Harvard Medical School in which a set of genes known to affect aging in yeast was found to affect aging in mice as well. The genes, called sirtuins, perform two particular tasks; regulating which genes are "on" and "off," and also helping to repair damaged DNA. As an organism ages, the frequency of damage to DNA increases, leaving less time for the sirtuins' regulatory tasks. The increasingly unregulated genes then become a significant factor in aging. Realizing this, the researchers "administered extra copies of the sirtuin gene [to the mice], or fed them the sirtuin activator resveratrol, which in turn extended their mean lifespan by 24 to 46 percent." We discussed the plans for this research a few years ago.

Potentially Universal Mechanism Of Aging Identified

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice find.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Actually, yes this is a very well known fact now. It is actually one of the reasons why we did not use either quercetin or piperine in our formula for Reverse. Both of those compounds interfere with the effects resveratrol has on the surtuins.

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
Stoked! has a good amount of resveratrol as well. Tried it, loved it, and I am just a fan of Anabolic Innovations in general.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Stoked! has a good amount of resveratrol as well. Tried it, loved it, and I am just a fan of Anabolic Innovations in general.
Yeah, definitely my favorite company outside of IBE. Our products are completely different ingredients though, not even the same resveratrol.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait until my Reverse gets here.
Great read, BTW.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!