First PH - Epistane

Baan

Awards
first 5 days at 20mg had slight increase in strength, day 6 bumped up to 30 mg with again slight increase in strength and 2lbs weight gain that I attrib to the increase in calories - weight gain appears to be in the stomach and bluring my abs out. I am on day 10 day now and disappointed, I am sure I could of obtained gains so far with Green Mag. Protein is at approx 200 grams, Carbs at 230 grams and good fats at 70 grams - total approx 2,300 calories.In the summer I was at approx 1,800 calories with some good abs @ 5'9" 180lbs, so the 2,300 cals is a lot of food for me:)

This is my first PH, so far zero sides. Should I bump to 40mg already ? I would then finnish off at 50mg - is this not kind of high ?

dosing is 10mg @ 7:30am, 10mg @ 11:30am pre-workout, 10mg @ 6:00pm - 600mg milk thistle @ 7:30pm

Last edited:
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
first 5 days at 20mg had slight increase in strength, day 6 bumped up to 30 mg with again slight increase in strength and 2lbs weight gain that I attrib to the increase in calories - weight gain appears to be in the stomach and bluring my abs out. I am on day 10 day now and disappointed, I am sure I could of obtained gains so far with Green Mag. Protein is at approx 200 grams, Carbs at 230 grams and good fats at 70 grams - total approx 2,300 calories.In the summer I was at approx 1,800 calories with some good abs @ 5'9" 180lbs, so the 2,300 cals is a lot of food for me:)

This is my first PH, so far zero sides. Should I bump to 40mg already ? I would then finnish off at 50mg - is this not kind of high ?

dosing is 10mg @ 7:30am, 10mg @ 11:30am pre-workout, 10mg @ 6:00pm - 600mg milk thistle @ 7:30pm
Well calculating your BMR, I am gettin 1891, without any activity. So personally I think your cals are low... but you know yourself better. Do you know your before bodyfat, and what it is now?

If you are getting no sides, then you can inch your way up and see how you respond, you can always drop back down.

You are consuming little fat in your diet weighing in at only 14%

46% Carbs is slightly high.

But protein is dead on at 40%

I say lower your carbs by 6%, and bring up your fats to 20%. Giving you a 40/40/20 nutrient profile. Your carbs may be making you hold water, giving you a softer look to your mid section.

I always finish of at 50mgs myself. So I say give 40mg a shot, guage how you feel in the next few days, and we can assess from there if you are getting what you want from Epi.

Adams

Baan

Awards
Thanks for the reply - I will try what you say...will go to 40mg and see....

natas9

natas9

Awards
patience...

You're @ day 10 eating 2300 cal and you're disappointed? Yet you stated your were still gaining strength at day six? Give it time my man, it's not dbol. The beauty of this product is the low sides with gradual, solid gains in strength and lbm. Also, if it's you first time with a hormonal, I wouldn't think gradually increasing the dosage would be necessary. My first run of Epi was 30mg day for 30 days. I hope you end up liking this stuff as well as I do. It's the only OTC hormonal I've used in a long time.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You're @ day 10 eating 2300 cal and you're disappointed? Yet you stated your were still gaining strength at day six? Give it time my man, it's not dbol. The beauty of this product is the low sides with gradual, solid gains in strength and lbm. Also, if it's you first time with a hormonal, I wouldn't think gradually increasing the dosage would be necessary. My first run of Epi was 30mg day for 30 days. I hope you end up liking this stuff as well as I do. It's the only OTC hormonal I've used in a long time.
Agreed.

First things first is you need to give the coumpound more time and make sure your pushing it enough in the GYM, if strength is going up keep pushing it higher and gains are sure to follow.

I made a majority of my gains in the last 2 weeks and coulda kept going as thats when I was REALLY feeling it.

Adams diet suggestions were spot on as well. Less carbs for healthy fats. And in all honesty you should bump cals up altogether. Nutrient timing is your best bet to make sure you dont put on fat. Lots of pro in the morning medium carbs, lots of carbs pre work out lots of pro post and minimal carbs in the evening and even some pro with a healthy dose of fats right before bed is suggested.

Good luck with your run man.

Baan

Awards
thanks PP - I have ready many of your posts and you know your shite...I have increased good fat and continue my carb timing (was doing this anyway). I have bumped up to 40mg...10 @ 7:00am - 20 mg pre-workout @ noon, 10 mg @ 5:30 pm

Strength is going up....just don't like the weight gain being in the mid-section....will be patient. Now at 2 weeks today...

NO SIDES...

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmm I hope it picks up for you, maybe a lil cardio is in order??? just 15 min on the bike after a lift session would do wonders. Im not much of one for cardio myself, so I feel ya if its not on the "to do" list.

good luck bro.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
2000-2500 calories per day and you wonder why you are not gaining mass ? try eat between 4000-5000 and then you may start seeing results. Looks like you need more research thans higher dosing.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
This is why people need to know how to train and diet before they take this ****...good **** but just need to know how to use it...180?

Baan

Awards
Blaah Blaaah - already did the 210lb thang....I like being ripped...nice try though...

This is why people need to know how to train and diet before they take this ****...good **** but just need to know how to use it...180?

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Blaah Blaaah - already did the 210lb thang....I like being ripped...nice try though...
ya at 5'9" 180can be mighty nice looking depending on the size of your frame.... Im 5'10" and my frame isnt HUGE so 180-190lbs looks pretty large, over 2 bills when people guesstimate my weight....

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
180 ans eating 2300 kcals? Thats not the path to being ripped thats the path to looking like most people.

Baan

Awards
Yes bang on :) I have small bones with wrists maybe 6.5 " - most people assume I am over 200 lbs and are shocked when I tell them what I weigh...usually I am around 190 in the winter..

I cut back to 30mgs...mid section is better looking and I am up 3lbs..

ya at 5'9" 180can be mighty nice looking depending on the size of your frame.... Im 5'10" and my frame isnt HUGE so 180-190lbs looks pretty large, over 2 bills when people guesstimate my weight....

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
180 ans eating 2300 kcals? Thats not the path to being ripped thats the path to looking like most people.
I do agree here... more cals would definitely increase gains and if sourced wisely wont lead to fat gain.

I take in over 3500 cals and thats a lean bulk for me.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do agree here... more cals would definitely increase gains and if sourced wisely wont lead to fat gain.

I take in over 3500 cals and thats a lean bulk for me.
I do agree, but everyone is different. Sh*t I have to drop it down to 2600 cals to cut any fat. and I am 215 pounds.

sh*tty ass genetics. :D

Adams

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
true that.... I can still gain on less BUT my strength suffers as do my gains... Im a major ecto, I started out lookin skinny as fock... dude Im gonna make my START pic my avi, LOL.

BBR

BBR

Awards
I'd like to reiterate the fact that not everyone needs 500cal/day to put on mass. If I ate that much I'd just get fat no matter how much I worked out. Even 3500cal/day was too much for me.
Trial and error is the way to go man. You'll get a lot of people telling you what definately will and will not work, but in the end, the best any of us can offer is an educated guess based on a generalised ideal. You may fit that majority, or you may not.