EXTREME Ecto... Help with Bulking/Training

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys, Havnt post much in this forum, but been a long time lurker learning many many things.

First things first, I have 2 condtions, Crohns and Colits, which dont help with being a Ecto :( I wuold try and explain it, but its another thread worth of info lol.......

Anyways, Im at a "Wall" per se with bulking and strength that i can not figure out how to get over! I do TONS of research and so I try to put away 3-4k cals per day between foods and shakes.... Tho im not a super clean eatter like most, i do what i can. LOTS of Steak, Eggs and Chicken with seasonings as well as LOTS of Oats and Wheat Bread!!!

Im 26y/o

6'1/6'2

165-170pds (flucs. between the week)

Training- 5x5, HST and My own (Thinkin about startin DeFrancos next week)

Sooo im kinda stuck i guess. Just tryin to see if anyone has ideas or anything else i havnt thought about with Bulking/Training...........

Thanks for any ideas or comment yall have!!!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Post more detail about your diet. whats your daily routine look like?

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Chub- Thanks for the reminder!

Nothing is set in stone for me as i just eat what i can as much as i can due to not having lots of money to spend on "clean" food all the time....

A "typical" day is-

Wake up- Multi vit, Eco Green Vit, MSM, Yogert, Cheese stick, Whey shake

Breakfast- 2eggs, 1wheat toast, 1/2-1cup dry oats

Snack- Oat Bar/Almonds/Nuts

Brunch- Super Shake (1200ish cals? I think)

Lunch- 8ish oz Steak/Chicken, Red taters, 1/2cup Cott cheese

Pre W/O- Whey Shake, 1/2cup oats

Mid-End W/O- Super Shake (1200ish cals? I think)

After W/O- Multi Vit.

Snack- Whey/Probolic SR Shake

Dinner- 8ish oz Chicken/Steak, 1/2cup Cott cheese and Rice

Thats kinda a somewhat basic day....... Also depends on how i feel as well...... I have good days and bad days :(

Just got back from breakfast. 2eggs, plate of hashbrowns, 2texas style cinn. french toast (thats after this morning eatting a yogert and cheese stick and whey shake) About to make a "Supershake" in about 30min!

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
I dont "do" anything during the day either, just sit/lay here all day unless im in the gym.... So dont really burn cals or anything! My body usually gets "overloaded" once a week so there is usually one day were i prob only eat 1500cals a week and that day i usually dont feel to great :(

Right now i workout 3days a week Mon-Wen-Fri or Sat doing splits.....

Anything else im missing guys????

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
6'1" and 156 - you were like me at one point. i graduated HS at 5'9" and 134. When i joined the army in january of 1995 i weighted in at 127. When i actually reported to basic training in june of 1995 i was 117 lbs. in june 2005 i finished my dental surgery (implants so i couldn't eat) i was 126 lbs. before i did my first cycle, i had gotten up to 174 lbs naturally, so i have first hand experience.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Ouch, dental implants? Of which sort to you mean? Ive had over 8K of dental work done due Prednizone eatting away my teeth! Can you say bling? ROFL.... Im still getting stuff done! lol Owell......

Ya, i started over 2yrs ago seriously lifting and was at 140... Now as of today i bounce between 165 and 170.... Ive gone above 170 but it was fat :(

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dental implants - the one where they yank your tooth out and drill a titanium rod into your jaw - 9 of them. thats what happens though when your diet blows. when i was in service i was a code breaker, and they had me running a split in the field that was 18hrs on, 6 hrs off, 20 hrs on 4 hrs off, rinse repeat. sleep sucked. the only way i could keep going was through 8 pots of coffee a day. then i got addicted to coffee. of course, with each cup, i did 2 packets of sugar (before splenda), so that translates to 80 cups of coffee, 168 packets of sugar per day for 4 years. implants here we come. 15k later, i learned a harsh lesson in life, but its better than getting diabetes 1.5 - so i still lucked out. bleh. i think a lot of training is about attitude though. if you feel good, or you can put a positive swing onto your life, its easier to gain - stress can and will impair your growth.

on a side note, but still important, did the link give you anything informative, or should i add something to it?

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
WOW! Ive only heard about that when someone breaks there jaw or something! Lucky for you tho yes you got that handled! Speaking of diabetes, im next in line in our family :( Hmmm Crohns Colitis AND Diabetes, sounds like a day in the park!

Yes, intensity is key, atleast from what ive seen! Guys who know me at the gym think im insane with the way i lift, but do what ya gotta do to get teh weight up IMO :thumbsup: Im not there to stroke my own ego per se, im there for a reason, that reason is to achive a goal!!!

tattoopierced1

3-4k calories for an ecto isnt much. Try going 5k and above..thats when I really started to notice some positives. I started at 6'7" 158lbs and am around 220ish now. Gotta eat big to be big.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
O BTW-

Supps= Pre/during Green Mag, GlycerGROW, Purple Wrrath and Mid/Post Micronized Creatine and Glut.......

Off Days- Micro. Creatine and Glut

ZMA Nitetime- Befor Bed with 3mg Melitonin

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
just keep the attitude up brotha. you might want to switch around your routine, or check out the DC training program if you're gains have come to a halt and you're doing all the aforementioned things. diabetes is all about prevention - type 2 anyways. its all about belly fat (not body fat) and testosterone. seriously. if you're up for reading, i'll post these three links.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/ap/diabetes_obesity_surgery.html
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/dec2007_cover_hormones_01.htm
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/jul2007_report_diabetes_01.htm

basically:

more muscle = more test
lower belly fat = more test
stomach staple on obese people = more test via reducing belly fat
exercise = more test
test therapy = more test
test = more efficient use of insulin
test cures type 2.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
3-4k calories for an ecto isnt much. Try going 5k and above..thats when I really started to notice some positives. I started at 6'7" 158lbs and am around 220ish now. Gotta eat big to be big.
Tattoo- Thanks, everytime i try to push myself beyond 4500-5 my body is in overload and ive have threw up a couple times cause of it.... And yes ive use enzymes to help and still no luck!!! What would you rec to help push those CALS UP to 5K ea day that will digest quick and or something i can add into my food/shakes/drinks ETC?????

Im grabbing for strings here guys, ive been tryin to fig this out for about the last 8mos!!!!!

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
just keep the attitude up brotha. you might want to switch around your routine, or check out the DC training program if you're gains have come to a halt and you're doing all the aforementioned things. diabetes is all about prevention - type 2 anyways. its all about belly fat (not body fat) and testosterone. seriously. if you're up for reading, i'll post these three links.

http://health.yahoo.com/news/ap/diabetes_obesity_surgery.html
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/dec2007_cover_hormones_01.htm
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2007/jul2007_report_diabetes_01.htm

basically:

more muscle = more test
lower belly fat = more test
stomach staple on obese people = more test via reducing belly fat
exercise = more test
test therapy = more test
test = more efficient use of insulin
test cures type 2.
Thanks! Ive never givin up on anything in my life and not to start now! Being in and outta the hospital my whole life has taught me that ive you want soemting the only way to go after it is with 110%+ and never give up! Fight till the end with out excuse or complaints!!!

Ill read em now for sure sir!!! Thanks for the links!!!

Hmm I have a lil bit of fat, and yes its all in the belly? I dont know how to get rid of it tho with out eatting EXTRA clean and lossing Cals???????

tattoopierced1

Tattoo- Thanks, everytime i try to push myself beyond 4500-5 my body is in overload and ive have threw up a couple times cause of it.... And yes ive use enzymes to help and still no luck!!! What would you rec to help push those CALS UP to 5K ea day that will digest quick and or something i can add into my food/shakes/drinks ETC?????

Im grabbing for strings here guys, ive been tryin to fig this out for about the last 8mos!!!!!
you will feel sick and bloated if you jump from 3-5k calories quick. My suggestion is to do it over time. Add an extra 500 calories each week (week 1 do 3500, week 2 4000, week 3 4500) this way it will give you time to adjust to the amount of food.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to both your shakes - healthy fats, and 280 calories combined. baby steps if your body can't handle more drastic increases. if you put on more muscle, your body will shed the fat. there's a nasty Growth Hormone workout i did for awhile that can help get rid of fat. One of my training partners and I did this workout for two months before he gave up. I gained two pounds of muscle per month, and he stayed the same weight (he was chubbier), but lost two inches off his waist in the first month.

M - squat (ass to ground) / bench / deadlift / pull up / floor wiper / clean and press (5x10)

W - lunges / push ups / floor wipers / DB curl to arnold press / deadlift with hex bar (6x10)

F - DB bench / sumo deadlift / chin ups / dips / floor wipers / the sled aka leg extensions (5x10)

do them as supersets - one followed by another, minimal break time. this workout is not about maximum weight, though you still should push yourself, its more focused on speed. also, post workout shake for this workout should be protein only, as carbs blunt growth hormone response. if you've only got a little bit of belly fat (sub 12% body fat), don't worry about it. diabetes will not come your way unless your sugar intake is high, even if you're predisposed to it.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
you will feel sick and bloated if you jump from 3-5k calories quick. My suggestion is to do it over time. Add an extra 500 calories each week (week 1 do 3500, week 2 4000, week 3 4500) this way it will give you time to adjust to the amount of food.
Ya thats how i did it since thats what i had read and was recomended, but every month or 2 when i got to 4500-5(depending on how i felt) i would throw up and body couldnt keep up, thats when i tryed digestive enzymes and no such luck either... So ive stay at 3-4k this whole time :/

Ill try it again tho!!! If it dont work once or twice try it again eh? LOL....... Thanks Sir!!!

tattoopierced1

Ya thats how i did it since thats what i had read and was recomended, but every month or 2 when i got to 4500-5(depending on how i felt) i would throw up and body couldnt keep up, thats when i tryed digestive enzymes and no such luck either... So ive stay at 3-4k this whole time :/

Ill try it again tho!!! If it dont work once or twice try it again eh? LOL....... Thanks Sir!!!
you could always do 250 extra a week instead of 500.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to both your shakes - healthy fats, and 280 calories combined. baby steps if your body can't handle more drastic increases. if you put on more muscle, your body will shed the fat. there's a nasty Growth Hormone workout i did for awhile that can help get rid of fat. One of my training partners and I did this workout for two months before he gave up. I gained two pounds of muscle per month, and he stayed the same weight (he was chubbier), but lost two inches off his waist in the first month.

M - squat (ass to ground) / bench / deadlift / pull up / floor wiper / clean and press (5x10)

W - lunges / push ups / floor wipers / DB curl to arnold press / deadlift with hex bar (6x10)

F - DB bench / sumo deadlift / chin ups / dips / floor wipers / the sled aka leg extensions (5x10)

do them as supersets - one followed by another, minimal break time. this workout is not about maximum weight, though you still should push yourself, its more focused on speed. also, post workout shake for this workout should be protein only, as carbs blunt growth hormone response. if you've only got a little bit of belly fat (sub 12% body fat), don't worry about it. diabetes will not come your way unless your sugar intake is high, even if you're predisposed to it.
Ya i do add 2-3 tbls EVOO to my shakes! Which im drinking one right now! Its got some fat in it from the Syrup and Ice Cream tho, but that also helps with the cals and protein...

O i kinda like that workout! Tho, Dont have the HEX bar at the gym :( Any other suggestions?

No its only like 7% last i checked!!! *Whew*......

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
if no hex bar i'd do front squats instead - different muscle, same principals - stimulating as much muscle as possible per work set. but at 7% bf, you got nothing to worry about. before i get flamed by someone, let me explain. I have 3 doctors in my family - mother, aunt, uncle, as well as my dad who worked for the ministry of health in canada. basically, even with a family disposition for type 2, unless you are eating sugar, or have more than 12% body fat (remember i mentioned family disposition) you will not meet the criteria to get diabetes. most of us have to not only eat sugar, but also get up to +15% body fat (usually 18%) to get type 2 - you just have to take more of a precaution, and keep the muscle that you have. nobody in my family has ever seen diabetes manifest in a skinny/low sugar individual. in fact, the only reason i think i didn't get it back in my coffee days is because of my natural low body fat - even when i bulk i can't break 12%. anyways, keep at it, stay positive, and best of luck.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Ahh yes, ok very cool! Ill remember that for later in life ;) Thanks for you help guys! Soul and Tattoo :thumbsup:

Well ill add 250cals this week STARTING at 3500ish and see what happens! Its time to eat something now tho! Hmm

Im thinking BBQed Chicken with a bit of Cajin and lemon pepper seasoning with rice.... Mmmmm

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Just popped some Black Hole and goin to head out to All You Can Eat :) 4K cals for sure today! lol........

Quick ? tho... Was reading up on M-Stak and what i got outta it was its kinda like a supp for hardgainers. Pretty much is a supp that helps the protein absorb and like a non hormonal PH? Is that correct or no?????

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
on a sidenote - this is cut/pasted from mayoclinic - one of the best hospitals in the country. diet and exercise is key. i'm sure you already know most/all of this stuff already, but just in case:

Diet
There's no firm evidence that what you eat actually causes inflammatory bowel disease. But certain foods and beverages can aggravate your signs and symptoms, especially during a flare-up in your condition. It's a good idea to try eliminating from your diet anything that seems to make your signs and symptoms worse. Here are some suggestions that may help:

Limit dairy products. Like many people with inflammatory bowel disease, you may find that problems, such as diarrhea, abdominal pain and gas, improve when you limit or eliminate dairy products. You may be lactose intolerant — that is, your body can't digest the milk sugar (lactose) in dairy foods. If so, try substituting yogurt or low-lactose cheeses, such as Swiss and cheddar, for milk. Or use an enzyme product, such as Lactaid, to help break down lactose.

In some cases, though, you may need to eliminate dairy foods completely. If you need help, a registered dietitian can help you design a healthy diet that's low in lactose. Keep in mind that with limiting your dairy intake, you'll need to find other sources of calcium, such as supplements.
* Try low-fat foods. If you have Crohn's disease of the small intestine, you may not be able to digest or absorb fat normally. Instead, fat passes through your intestine, making your diarrhea worse. Foods that may be especially troublesome include butter, margarine, peanut butter, nuts, mayonnaise, avocados, cream, ice cream, fried foods, chocolate and red meat.
* Experiment with fiber. For most people, high-fiber foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, are the foundation of a healthy diet. But if you have inflammatory bowel disease, fiber may make diarrhea, pain and gas worse. If raw fruits and vegetables bother you, try steaming, baking or stewing them. You may also find that you can tolerate some fruits and vegetables, but not others. In general, you may have more problems with foods in the cabbage family, such as broccoli and cauliflower, and with very crunchy foods such as raw apples and carrots.
* Avoid problem foods. Eliminate any other foods that seem to make your signs and symptoms worse. These may include "gassy" foods such as beans, cabbage and broccoli, raw fruit juices and fruits — especially citrus fruits — spicy food, popcorn, alcohol, caffeine, and foods and drinks that contain caffeine, such as chocolate and soda.
* Eat small meals. You may find you feel better eating five or six small meals rather than two or three larger ones.
* Drink plenty of liquids. Try to drink plenty of fluids daily. Water is best. Alcohol and beverages that contain caffeine stimulate your intestines and can make diarrhea worse, while carbonated drinks frequently produce gas.
* Consider multivitamins. Because Crohn's disease can interfere with your ability to absorb nutrients and because your diet may be limited, multivitamin and mineral supplements are often helpful.
* Talk to a dietitian. If you begin to lose weight or your diet has become very limited, talk to a registered dietitian.

Stress
Although stress doesn't cause Crohn's disease, it can make your signs and symptoms much worse and may trigger flare-ups. Stressful events can range from minor annoyances to a move, job loss or the death of a loved one.

When you're stressed, your normal digestive process changes. Your stomach empties more slowly and secretes more acids. Stress can also speed or slow the passage of intestinal contents. It may also cause changes in intestinal tissue itself.

Although it's not always possible to avoid stress, you can learn ways to help manage it. Some of these include:

* Exercise. Even mild exercise can help reduce stress, relieve depression and normalize bowel function. Talk to your doctor about an exercise plan that's right for you.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
SC- Thanks for the link! I read up on it ALOT more and got a better understanding of it. Sound like a solid supp to try and see what happens! Also, thanks for the write up you found. Yes i did know all that as ive had it since i was 10y/o... So i ive learned quite a bit lol.... But thanks for teh time to post it! Maybe someone will learn from it????

Im still not sure what to do for training tho? This is what i had in mind? DeFrancos style?

MONDAY- Upper Body
A. Work up to a max set of 3-5 reps. (swich every 2-3weeks)
*BB Flat Bench Press
B. Perform 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps
*Incline DB Press
C. Perform 4 sets of 10-15 reps.
*Seated Cable Rows(various bars)
D. Perform 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps
*Bent-Over Dumbbell read delt flys
E. Perform 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps
*Weighted Swiss ball crunchs

WENSDAY- Lower Body
A. Work up to max set of 5 reps.
*Reg Deadlifts
B. Perform 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps
*Single Leg Squats, back leg elevated
C. Perform 3-4 sets 6-10 reps
*Leg Curls
D. ????????????????????
*Wrist Exersize

FRIDAY- Upper Body
A. Work up to 3 set of max reps, rest 60secs between sets
*Barbell Bench Press(95lbs)
B. Perform 3-4 set of 5-10 reps
*Rope Pushdowns
C. Perform 4 sets of 8-12 reps
*Lat Pulldowns
D. Perform 3 sets of 10-15 reps
*Dumbbell Shoulder Press
E. Perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps
*Thick bar curls
F. Variety of ab exersizes performed in circuit fasion with no rest in between
*Misc Ab exersize routine

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
hrm.. not bad though - no bicep work other than bar curls, and no direct tricep work. triceps are 2/3 of your arms, so i would either add dips to the routine, or switch bar curls for dips. personally if you're bulking i would do something else - if i had to pick 6 for a complete upper body workout it would be:
barbell bench
pull ups
dips
deadlifts
chin ups
military press

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
hrm.. not bad though - no bicep work other than bar curls, and no direct tricep work. triceps are 2/3 of your arms, so i would either add dips to the routine, or switch bar curls for dips. personally if you're bulking i would do something else - if i had to pick 6 for a complete upper body workout it would be:
barbell bench
pull ups
dips
deadlifts
chin ups
military press
I can do pull ups/chin ups just not alot in one set, like 5-6...

What about SWITCHING *ropes, for Close Grip or Dips?

And i dont know why hes got Reg Deadlifts on Lower body day as its mainly all back?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I can do pull ups/chin ups just not alot in one set, like 5-6...

What about SWITCHING *ropes, for Close Grip or Dips?

And i dont know why hes got Reg Deadlifts on Lower body day as its mainly all back?
use the assist machine (if your gym has one to do pull ups / chins. or just do 5-6 and work your way up to doing more. i would focus on the compound movements, since you're looking at gaining. as far as deadlifts on leg day, it really burns out your quads if you do them after squats, but its not really a lower body workout. i assume he's doing them as a "fatiguing" movement. i actually do legs/back the same day, but i'm probably a bit nuts.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
So what would you say then about a crazy but soild work out for mass?

About the best ive used so far is a simple yet very hard routine i put together. Mix of DC style and TUT.

Ive done some kinda crazy stuff to get passed breaking points to help growth such as working on one main muscle group the whole work out I.E. Chest for 30-45min with mutiple exersizes.

I did a Arm Routine with the "Biggest" guy in our gym(ive become good friends with most of the serious lifters there) and it was insane! But i gain a good amount of strength outta it! So im no stranger to crazyness as long as it has deccent reasoning behind it lol

Ideas guys?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
hrm... i can share mine - but it may be too much for you:

M - legs/back (supersets, alternating legs with back, 4 sets of 5 - strength day)
squats - toes | |
pull ups (close grip)
deadlifts
T bar rows
Good girl / Bad girls (weird leg machine - spreading legs, vice versa...)
bent over rows - wide *
SLED (feet close)
pull ups (wide grip)
lying leg curl
lat pull down
donkey calf raises

T - chest / shoulders (supersets, strength day 4 sets of 5)
bench press
Hammer ST military press
incline bench
front delt raises DB
butterfly machine
side delt raises DB
barbell shrugs
rear delt raises DB
behind the back shrugs
EZ Bar Upright rows (wider grip)

W - bi's / tri's (supersets 4 sets of 10 - mass routine + static holds)
dips
chin ups | | grip
close grip bench
wide grip barbell curl
blasters
leaning forward cable curl
tricep pushdown D bar
close grip barbell curl
reverse grip preacher curl
chin ups (close grip)

Th - legs/back (supersets - 4 sets of 10 + static hold)
Lunges
pull ups (wide grip)
squats - toes \ / Ass To Ground
One arm DB rows
Good girl / Bad girls
Close grip Pulldowns
SLED (wide)
lat push down
Straight Leg Deadlifts
Wide grip Pulldowns
donkey calf raises
pull ups (close grip)

F - chest / shoulders (supersets - 4 sets of 10 + static hold)
bench press DB
arnold press DB
incline bench DB flyes
cable front delt raises
Hammer ST decline
cable side delt raises
seated shrugs DB
wide grip pullovers
Barbell Upright rows (close grip)
cable rear delt raises

i would absolutely not recommend my workout to anyone. and yes, i end up overtraining every 3-4 months, but it does wonders for me. as you can see, i begin with mass gainers, then do isolation, then make sure they are completely demolished by doing mass gainers again.

and DB stands for dumbell - this is cut/pasted from my excel spreadsheet.

i firmly believe dante (DC) was right, static holds help a lot, and if you can't go up in weight in each exercise by 5 lb a month, switch it out.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Wow, ya i could see how you could over train hahaha... but if it works for ya great! I know with myself if i push myself like that i tend to build faster and gain more strength?

What is Good Girls/Bad Girls? I searched youtube, but no luck???

Ill go through you list and see what i can put together maybe??

Also picked up a can of M-Stak and talked to my friend at the store and hes heard lots of good feed back as well soooo?? Guess we will see...... Im goin to focus more on my protein intake rather then over all cals tho..... I was talkin to my friend and he said the carbs and protein is what i should be focused more then overall cals? Tho im tryin to get over 250g per day!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lol... yeah its brutal, but if i don't push myself really hard my gains reflect that. good girls / bad girls are using the abductor machine. the one where you squeeze your thighs open and closed. good girl/bad girl just sounds better (good girl closes her legs, bad girl.....) - i borrowed that thought from someone else on this forum. food honestly is about how often you feed yourself, not how much you eat when you do. just remember carbs your post workout shake - it made so much difference for me.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
lol... yeah its brutal, but if i don't push myself really hard my gains reflect that. good girls / bad girls are using the abductor machine. the one where you squeeze your thighs open and closed. good girl/bad girl just sounds better - i borrowed that thought from someone else on this forum.
Ya, i think ill have to really start pushing myself much more now and really hit the wieghts with 2x the intensity and having my eatting become my trainning! Eat like you train!

Ok Cool i know what that is! LOL thats fuuuuny!!!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
rock on brotha, and give us some feedback in a couple weeks. maybe start a training log on this site or something.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Hmm ya maybe i will....... Ill see how this weekend goes and then start off mon day fresh.... Im goin to do back and sholders tomarrow......

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
ok - keep us posted. the workout log is really nifty, since if you slack on it, you have to post it for the community to see - keeps you motivated. i'm thinking about starting another log myself.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
jeez suncloud thats a killer of a workout :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yep... its a little retarded, but this is what my dad did -
5k run
breakfast
work
ice hockey practice
dinner
tennis

pretty much daily until 35, when ice hockey practice ended and he was in lacross, and then ended up in a wheelchair. i think genetically i have more muscular endurance fibers than most people, so i have to train to bulk, but also throw enough workouts in there that the endurance part of me is worked out. bleh.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Ya, i was just going over your WO and DeFrancos tryin to put something together!!!

Man im tired today :( I dun know why tho.... Got 8hrs, woke up feelin great but as the day has gone on just tired! Err

Goin to eat 8oz of chicken and a shake right now tho, see if thatll help??? Maybe take some B12/B6 with it??

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
b-12 is awesome for wake up - and its all natural too. if 1000 mcg doesn't do it, there's something wrong with you.

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
Welp had the chicken shake and 100mcg of B12 and im awake now!!! LOL....

Still undecided on workout "routine" <--- im starting to not like that word!!! hahaha......

Tho the last 2 days i havnt felt like eatting for somereason. I just been forcing it down, and i ran outta Black Hole :( Anyone else ever tryed GRUB ON?? I aint heard much about it?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
can't find a single review from it, and its more expensive than black hole. i'd be tempted to say stick with what you know works. sounds like you need to go to the gym if your metabolism is slowing down already. even if its not a routine you'd stick with, its better to feel the burn than not. and for gods sake, eat - even something small - 2 tbsp of peanut butter an hour will put over 3k calories into your diet per day.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Holy crap, would you even wanna eat 2 tbsp of peanut butter an hour?

What's the most pb you'd eat in a day?

You're giving me ideas and I'll probably turn into a big butter ball.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm not saying its a great answer - it is however better than not eating at all. remember that EFA's are essential to producing testosterone - there are worse things he could eat. personally i wouldn't do more than 8 tbsp, but if i for some reason couldn't eat, i'd do it. i've had times where i couldn't eat - surgery for example, did 4k calories worth of mass gainer shakes a day. lost 10 lbs on that diet too. not eating real food sucks.

iDShaDoW

Awards
Yea, I'm still working on being able to stomach enough calories a day. Comes and goes though. Got other stuff goin on that makes me not so hungry all the time.

As far as the 8 tbsp thing... I'm guessing that's for your weight though. I probably wouldn't do so well eating that much pb per day for someone my size?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lol... 5'9" and 135. i've been there for a few years. no, what i recommend usually is one piece of string cheese every hour except during meals. its easy, constant protein source, and it works - keeps your body fed. teg, has crohn's syndrome, so he can't handle cheese, so i was giving him an alternative.

iDShaDoW

Awards
I see, guess I'll have to pick up some string cheese from Costco.

You think digestive enzymes worth it? Will that like allow me to eat more since it'd help break the food down faster or is it more for getting more nutrition out of what you eat as opposed to it passing through you?

Teg

Teg

Awards
  • Established
I see, guess I'll have to pick up some string cheese from Costco.

You think digestive enzymes worth it? Will that like allow me to eat more since it'd help break the food down faster or is it more for getting more nutrition out of what you eat as opposed to it passing through you?
Digestive enzymes help yes, but only to an extent with most ppl! I have to use Lactose pills with most milk stuff.....

I use string cheese as a "snack" in between hrs as SC said to keep the fuel in the tank.

SC- Ya im not sure why i have been hungry? Im wondering about stepping up Training to 4-5days per week? M/W/F/S (Sunday 10min Light Swimming and Hot Tub Session?)

Im thinking that would help the metabolism as well as give me some extra workout time? Start back into Spilts and run a similar "routine" to my old DC/TUT?

I had to push it again today as well? Even when i wake up the last 2morns i dont feel like eatting? This morn i even decided to go all out and so i fixed Cinn. French Toast and still didnt even feel like eattin?? Errrrrr

I had this happen one other time and it was right at the end of the HST routine and after the HST i took off week of SOILD lifting(went in 2times and lifted light) then took 1full week off of any lifting and also I kinda "took" a break off eatting soo much/clean... The following week i had my appitite back and has been till now????? :think: