Problems Eating Breakfast!!!??!?!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Problems Eating Breakfast!!!??!?!

hey do any of you guys ever have trouble eating breakfast?? sometimes i wake up and my stomach is growling like a horny ass grizzly but when i go to eat my eggs & oatmeal i start gagging after the first or second bite. i usually end up throwing it all away after fifteen minutes of nibbling.

does this happen to other people?? and how can i fix it?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Are you drinking water with the meal? That may help. Sometimes I get that way w/ oatmeal. I force myself to finish it, though... have to keep those FitDay numbers in check LOL.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

no no water, unless i get tired of the milk. i'll give it a shot though, i'm open to anything now.

and after hundreds of bowls of oatmeal they just look like nasty crap. but oh well...the sacrifices we make...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    no no water, unless i get tired of the milk. i'll give it a shot though, i'm open to anything now.

and after hundreds of bowls of oatmeal they just look like nasty crap. but oh well...the sacrifices we make...
    Maybe you need a break from it. Add in some berries (love strawberries and blueberries). Or just go w/ something completely different altogether.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    hey do any of you guys ever have trouble eating breakfast?? sometimes i wake up and my stomach is growling like a horny ass grizzly but when i go to eat my eggs & oatmeal i start gagging after the first or second bite. i usually end up throwing it all away after fifteen minutes of nibbling.

does this happen to other people?? and how can i fix it?
    I get like that if I don't eat before I sleep the night B4.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Shakes is right, you gotta spice it up and try something different. Variety is the key to not burning out on certain foods. I can't even look at a bowl of oatmeal anymore without getting nauseous. Same goes for tuna fish.
  7. Lift Heavy
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.

I used to be the same way...

Started making smoothies with eggwhites/fruit/protein/yogurt. And eat 2 pieces of wheat toast with that. And presto...1k cals.

Much easier on my stomach in the morning than eggs and oatmeal.

You should try it...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

ok cool, thanks guys i'm def gonna try the berries and stuff in a morning protein shake. and yea oatmeal used to be someting i looked forward to...STILL LOVE TUNA THO!!!

happy eating
  9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    I used to be the same way...

Started making smoothies with eggwhites/fruit/protein/yogurt. And eat 2 pieces of wheat toast with that. And presto...1k cals.

Much easier on my stomach in the morning than eggs and oatmeal.

You should try it...
    Exactly!I'm still the same way.I never ate breakfast as a kid before school.I did and still hate it!It's almost like being sick I guess......But yeah thast why I make a huge shake in the morning.Put 2 cups of oats in the blender,and just a enough milk so the oats will blend.Blend that sh!t for a while,then add some penaut butter,ice,and protien.Then just enough milk again so it will blend.Then fill the blender up the rest of the way with milk and blend and pour immediately cause the oats will settle.I either drink half while I'm getting ready,then the other half after my wo,or the other half during the day.I buy 3-4 gallons of milk a week just to let you know.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

As the OP has been discussed, the question in my mind now turns to; are horny grizzly bears truly that hungry?
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Yea I am not a breakfast person at all. When I am forced to eat its a smaller meal with lots of water to wash it down or. I'd make a shake like MHP up you mass. Tastes good and down easy and 600-900cals of goodness
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

To get my oatmeal down I make it then add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder to it and stir it up, then if I'm not cutting I'll add a teaspoon of peanut butter to it. It then kind of reminds me of no bake cookies..
  13. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    To get my oatmeal down I make it then add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder to it and stir it up, then if I'm not cutting I'll add a teaspoon of peanut butter to it. It then kind of reminds me of no bake cookies..
    Do you blend that together I guess?
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Yep, I cook the oatmeal and when its done I add in 1-2 scoops of protein powder add water if needed and then stir it up and add the peanut butter in and stir it.
  15. Banned

Yep, I cook the oatmeal and when its done I add in 1-2 scoops of protein powder add water if needed and then stir it up and add the peanut butter in ansd stir it.
    I'm fixing to do it right now!
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

Let me know what you think. It is breakfast for me on my comp diet minus the peanut butter.
  17. Banned

Let me know what you think. It is breakfast for me on my comp diet minus the peanut butter.
    It's pretty good crader!You just made my life easier!I always "drink" cold oatmeal at work for my carbs.Well with this being blended it's so much easier to drink,and the peanut butter adds some healthy fat,cals,and protien which is great for putting on size with my high metabolism mixed with my physical job.I have always added protien to it,but the PB and blending just puts it over the top!Thanks again,Crader!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

I have been having this problem too. All my meals through out the day are different cause it keeps things interesting. Breakfast is always the same though cause eggs and oatmeal are just an easy "go to" breakfast food. I tried the smoothie thing this morning for the first time. Drinking a smoothie was so much easier. I also ate more calories than my normal breakfast!!

Also,if you do eat a whole food meal in the morning,I have found that drinking a glass of cold water while I'm making my breakfast really gets my hungry and breakfast settles better. It was some study in men's health I read.

"1. Wake up to water
    Imagine not drinking all day at work -- no coffee, no water, no diet soda. At the end of an 8-hour shift, you'd be pretty parched. Which is precisely why you should start rehydrating immediately after a full night's slumber. From now on, drink at least 16 ounces of chilled H2O as soon as you rise in the morning. German scientists recently found that doing this boosts metabolism by 24 percent for 90 minutes afterward. (A smaller amount of water had no effect.)"
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    As the OP has been discussed, the question in my mind now turns to; are horny grizzly bears truly that hungry?

haha i was making a comparison between a horny grizzly and my stomach. i would guess a horny grizzly would growl really loud, much like my stomach does in the morning after a good workout
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

I hated breakfast too.
    Force yourself to fill your stomach for a couple days. You will eventually crave large meals in the mornings.
    MRP help to get the calories in if you really cant eat but have a lot of maltodextrin
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Squating problems b/c of knee & other problems - help
    By gettin'old in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. too much for breakfast
    By jsp0785 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
  3. What Do You Eat For Breakfast?
    By harlan100 in forum Recipes