6 a week bulking routine

canada88

canada88

Awards
Hello

This is my first post. I would like to receive some opinions on my bulking routine. I hit the gym 6 times a week and eat anywhere from 2500-3000 calories a day with 120+ grams of protein (I vaporize alot of ganja and therefore cheat alot on my usually lean diet by eating large pizzzas and bottomless bags of popcorn). My ideal cutting weight is 185, my ideal bulking weight is 210-220. I've been trying to raise my bench, lat pull downs, seated row and leg press as much as possible. I like to get in the pool and do some sprints with the competitive swimmers, this is why I emphasize lat pull downs in my workouts and avoid squats (breaststroke knee.)

Current Stats
Bench:260
Lat PullDown:240
Leg Press:450

Goal Stats
Bench: 315
Lat Pull Down: 280
Leg Press: 600

Heres my routine. I usually do 3 sets for every exercise. Increasing intensity throughout each one.

Monday-Chest
BB Flat Bench,Incline,Decline
Dips,Peck Deck, Tripulldowns, Pushups till failure

Tuesday-Back
Lat Pull Downs,Closegrip+Widegrip Seated Row,Chin Ups
Single Arm Bent Over rows, Back Raises

Wednesday-Legs+Abs
Leg Press, Ham curls, Quad extensions, calf raises, abductors, inductors, knee raises (machine). Bicycle crunches, Leg raises, Plank, Decline abs.

Thursday-Chest (emphasizing Triceps)
Close Grip BB Bench, Incline DB Bench,Decline DB bench, skullcrushers,dips,flys,single arm tricep pull downs.

Friday-Back (emphasizing Biceps)
Preacher BB curl, Preacher Single arm bicep curls, hammer curls, pull ups, closegrip seated row, Bent over row.

Saturday-Shoulders
Military DB press, shrugs, lateral raises, assortment of light freeweight shoulder exercises.

Looking for suggestions regarding my routine to help me achieve my lifting goals. Thanks,

Canada88.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stock up on tuna/chicken and whey protein. Getting whey in Canada can be expensive, it costs alot to get it shipped from US stores and the Canadian prices are absurd. You can pick up some 5 lbers for pretty reasonable.

Aim for 1g protein/lb bodyweight roughly atleast.

canada88

canada88

Awards
Ok, its gonna be tough getting 240 grams of protein everyday. I work from 10:45pm-7am (nightshift) I usually wake up around 4pm, eat "breakfast", go to the gym/pool, eat "lunch", see girlfriend and go to work at 10:30pm. I only eat a meal at work. during my "dinner" at 4:30 am lol. get home at 730, fall asleep at 8am. I rarely find time to sneak in snacks at work.

DamirK

Awards
suggestions

Hello

This is my first post. I would like to receive some opinions on my bulking routine. I hit the gym 6 times a week and eat anywhere from 2500-3000 calories a day with 120+ grams of protein (I vaporize alot of ganja and therefore cheat alot on my usually lean diet by eating large pizzzas and bottomless bags of popcorn). My ideal cutting weight is 185, my ideal bulking weight is 210-220. I've been trying to raise my bench, lat pull downs, seated row and leg press as much as possible. I like to get in the pool and do some sprints with the competitive swimmers, this is why I emphasize lat pull downs in my workouts and avoid squats (breaststroke knee.)

Current Stats
Bench:260
Lat PullDown:240
Leg Press:450

Goal Stats
Bench: 315
Lat Pull Down: 280
Leg Press: 600

Heres my routine. I usually do 3 sets for every exercise. Increasing intensity throughout each one.

Monday-Chest
BB Flat Bench,Incline,Decline
Dips,Peck Deck, Tripulldowns, Pushups till failure

Tuesday-Back
Lat Pull Downs,Closegrip+Widegrip Seated Row,Chin Ups
Single Arm Bent Over rows, Back Raises

Wednesday-Legs+Abs
Leg Press, Ham curls, Quad extensions, calf raises, abductors, inductors, knee raises (machine). Bicycle crunches, Leg raises, Plank, Decline abs.

Thursday-Chest (emphasizing Triceps)
Close Grip BB Bench, Incline DB Bench,Decline DB bench, skullcrushers,dips,flys,single arm tricep pull downs.

Friday-Back (emphasizing Biceps)
Preacher BB curl, Preacher Single arm bicep curls, hammer curls, pull ups, closegrip seated row, Bent over row.

Saturday-Shoulders
Military DB press, shrugs, lateral raises, assortment of light freeweight shoulder exercises.

Looking for suggestions regarding my routine to help me achieve my lifting goals. Thanks,

Canada88.
You have a very good routine now but my suggestion is to tweak it just a bit. Keep in mind that rest nutrition are key factors building muscles mass and getting stronger. I would keep your chest routine on monday, your back routine on tuesday, rest wednesday, shoulders on thursday, legs fridays, rest saturday, and then chest again and try keeping that routine for a while. Also, I've read that you can never do too much abs so i do mine almost every day, buts its your choice on when you wanna throw them in. Also, try increasing your calorie/carb intake, you need as much fuel as you can get with a heavy workload that you have.