Any Help - AnabolicMinds.com

Any Help

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.

Any Help

So I'm 5 foot 9 and 130 lbs. I've always been the smallest and skinniest kid out of all my friends and i just want to gain some muscle mass.

Not necessarily gain a whole bunch of weight, but definitely some muscle definition especially in the arms and chest.

Any suggestions, routines, or tips would be helpful because I've never really spent any time in the weight room so I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks

2. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade4 View Post
    So I'm 5 foot 9 and 130 lbs. I've always been the smallest and skinniest kid out of all my friends and i just want to gain some muscle mass.

Not necessarily gain a whole bunch of weight, but definitely some muscle definition especially in the arms and chest.

Any suggestions, routines, or tips would be helpful because I've never really spent any time in the weight room so I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks
    Are you training at all at the moment?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  130 lbs.

No I pretty much have zero muscle definition, and that's what I'm shooting for.
    •   

4. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade4 View Post
    No I pretty much have zero muscle definition, and that's what I'm shooting for.
    Well first getting adequate protein intake is a must. Most will train either full body 3x a week, or do 1-2 muscle a day. I recommend you start with a basic full body workout......going from largest muscle to smallest..ex. Legs, back, chest , shoulders, tri, bi's, calfs. Focus on basic movements starting....legs= leg press, Back = seated row, chest = seated chest press(machine), shoulders= side dumbell lateral raises, Triceps= tricep pushdown(cable), biceps= standind bi curls with dumbells....calfs optional at the start of a program.

look up any exercise you dont recognize, as google will help you with that. Feel free to PM me if you need any further help.

~Trip
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

On top of what Trip said, eat! Eat even more than you do normally since you'll be lifting make sure you take in adequate protein and carbs about an hour before training followed by additional protein and carbs immediately post workout.

You maintenance level seems to be just under 2000calories, if you eat above that number every day it can help to put on additional size. Eating, in conjuction with your training should ensure that most of the size that you do gain will be muscle.

Oh yeah, weclome to the board! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask or search through older posts. There is a plethora of info and informed individuals (not claiming to be one ) on this site.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    On top of what Trip said, eat! Eat even more than you do normally since you'll be lifting make sure you take in adequate protein and carbs about an hour before training followed by additional protein and carbs immediately post workout.

You maintenance level seems to be just under 2000calories, if you eat above that number every day it can help to put on additional size. Eating, in conjuction with your training should ensure that most of the size that you do gain will be muscle.

Oh yeah, weclome to the board! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask or search through older posts. There is a plethora of info and informed individuals (not claiming to be one ) on this site.

Im in the same boat. I started off at 5'9 140 or so. I'm at about 170 now, and trying to get to 200.