how much should my boy be eatting, he wont listen to me

hes 220 pounds.. i said 450p 450carb and lil fats

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, need a bit more info to be accurate - "lil fat" though is not a good idea for a "boy" or anyone really who wants a good hormone profile naturally. What's his age, height, body fat, lifting experience, physical activity level?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
his 6'0
wants to gain size

You just answered 2 of their 40 questions. How about some quality info before asking people for their time.. They don't work for you man..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just off the cuff, using the info given, here's a starting point:
For bulking, I like 15xBodyweight+20% in kCal/day, split into 6-8meals. Hi carbs at breakfast, during and post-workout; lower carbs with lots of fruits and veggies throughout the rest of the day. Start with 1g Prot/lb bodyweight, 30-35% of daily kCals from fat, rest from good healthy carbs.
For a beginner, total body workouts 3 times a week is my standard Rx, focusing on major compound lifts (learning to squat, deadlift, bench, clean and press, push press with proper form!). Accentuate smaller muscle groups with isolation movements, but they should be lower priority. Again, assuming he's a beginner, 6 different lifts in each workout should be all he needs.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
how much should my boy be eatting, he wont listen to me

hes 220 pounds.. i said 450p 450carb and lil fats
if your advice is anything like this first post i'm not surprised he won't listen, you're way too brief!

a few questions that need answering first IMHO

how much of his weight is bodyfat?
how long has he been lifting?
what body type is he?
is he invloved in sport? bulk up for football for example?