Bulk gut... is it just in my head?

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
I've been bulking and cutting pretty significantly for 2 years now. I'll ramp my calories up to about 3500 a day during my bulking phases then cut to below 2000 calories on my cutting phases. Now I usually cut to about 10 to 12% body fat, just enough so that I can bulk again without having too much fat on my frame. But the first thing I notice as soon as I start bulking is that my midsection expands significantly, especially after a few days of significant eating. Can filling up your stomach and guts with food really make that much of a difference? I can still see half of my abs through my skin, but its like everything, even the area to the sides of stomach on each side seem larger. Usually it means that I have to wear shirts that are less tight and a little more baggy. But I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this or if its just something that bothers me because I think about it too much and notice it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I get crazy bloating when i bulk. Just hoping that Gut Health will manage to combat it when i place my next AM order!

Some people say cutting out dairy can help reduce bloating, but bugger that. i love milk :D

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
The thing I learned about fat metabolism is the first place you gain it, is going to be the last place to lose it. That could be part of it, also it is increase water retention from increased in take of sodium, potassium and carbs. Also all your muscle are going to be expanding to accomodate the increase of glycogen. Yes that includes your abs. Last but not least, a sharp increase of food intake will overwhelm your stomach and intestines for awhile. Your stomach will have to expand to fit the food in and also digestion will be slower due to lower levels of stomach acid.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
The thing I learned about fat metabolism is the first place you gain it, is going to be the last place to lose it. That could be part of it, also it is increase water retention from increased in take of sodium, potassium and carbs. Also all your muscle are going to be expanding to accomodate the increase of glycogen. Yes that includes your abs. Last but not least, a sharp increase of food intake will overwhelm your stomach and intestines for awhile. Your stomach will have to expand to fit the food in and also digestion will be slower due to lower levels of stomach acid.
Yeah bro, these are all good points. My fat distribution plain sucks, I can get down to 10 - 12 %, have veins popping out of my arms and chest, but still have a gut. I guess it's my asian genetics lol. And of course when I'm bulking, I scarf down dairy products like there is no tomorrow. Also, after having cut for a couple months, I notice heart burn, indigestion, and acid reflux, which is crazy because I've never had it before I started altering my eating habits so dramatically. I'm also on cycle for the first time in 6 or 7 years, so I'm pretty sure some of this bloating is just bloating all over, and I'm just concentrating on my midsection. I know I should go all out on bulking, and just leave cutting for cutting. It's just so hard though when you re bulking during beach season in florida.

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Well damn dawg you got alot going on in your body.....