Critique My Bulk

hohlernr

Awards
Hey guys just looking for a little help. Here's a little background. I'm 20 years old 5' 10" 175lbs. Was about 235 two years ago and have been lifting, doing cardio for the past 2 years, but have stepped it up the last 6 months and eat about as clean as I can, while training pretty hard. Now I want to start my first bulk.

I'm looking to gain about 15-20 lbs. I'm planning on running 5x5 workout, while doing a clean bulk. I mainly decided on a pretty clean bulk because I've spent the last 6 months eating clean and I want to just continue that since I'm used to it and I don't mind it.

Here's my meal plan.

Breakfast 6:30 AM
1 cup Oats, 1 Banana, 2 Scoops Protein, 1 Cup Milk, 4 Grams Fish Oil

Snack 9:30 AM
1 Protein Bar

Lunch 12:30 PM
1 Can of Tuna, 2 Pieces of Whole Wheat Bread, 1/4 Cup Almonds, Apple

Snack 2:30 PM
1/4 Cup Almonds 1 Can of Tuna

Snack 4:45 PM
2 Pieces of Bread, 2 tbsp. of Natty PB, 1 Banana

Workout 6:00
2 Scoops Proteinv (post wo shake)

Dinner 7:30 PM
1 Chicken Breast, 1/2 cup Carrot, 1 Cup Broccoli, 1 Cup Cauliflower, 1 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese

Pre-Bed 10:30 PM
1 Cup Milk, 2 Scoops Casein, 4 Grams Fish Oil

The totals are 3432 calories 342.2g protein 302.7g Carbs 99.3g Fat

The split is 46/41/13

I'm also running Animal Pak, Green Mag, White Flood, and Xtend

Any insight, help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MyUsername

MyUsername

Awards
I didn't read it all it...macros look good though. I personally would add a meal in about 30min - 1 hour after your PWO shake, preferably with a high carb content.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like way too much protein. Shoot for around 250g and fill in the remaining kcals with carbs and fats.

hohlernr

Awards
where do think I should cut some protein out?

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
I think you should flip you fat a carb macros.....you need more EFA's than you need carbs to gain muscle size. Now if you wanna just gain size just for size sake then you got the formula right there. Your fat intake should be at least 20% of your total caloric intake. 30% is better. Now there are good fats, not a jumbo jack from Jack in tha box.

hohlernr

Awards
thanks for the help, what are some good fats that I can add while taking away some carbs

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Avocado, almonds, olive oil, peanut oil, natural peanutbutter...thats just a few... I personally add 1 tbls spoon of peanut oil to all my shakes.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Avocado, almonds, olive oil, peanut oil, natural peanutbutter...thats just a few... I personally add 1 tbls spoon of peanut oil to all my shakes.

Genetic, is that like cooking peanut oil? Just want to be sure. That sounds like a good suggestion, but it just doesn't sound very tastey. There's no problem just dripping a tablespoon of peanut oil in your shakes?