muscle group question?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

muscle group question?

when working out, i usually put in an exercise that focuses on different muscle each time for instance

on thursdays i do flat bench, forearm curls, front/back military presses, concentration curls, lat pulls downs

would i get better results if i focused on jus 2 muscle groups each time?
    or is what im doing fine??

Thanks!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

Quote Originally Posted by Doubravkody View Post
    when working out, i usually put in an exercise that focuses on different muscle each time for instance

on thursdays i do flat bench, forearm curls, front/back military presses, concentration curls, lat pulls downs

would i get better results if i focused on jus 2 muscle groups each time?
    or is what im doing fine??

Thanks!
    If you're building for aesthetics (to look good):: my advice is to focus on one muscle group each day, and get plenty of rest while eating a good diet(crucial). If you are training to be a cop, mma fighter:bruce2: or join some type of militia group, stick with the I-like-to-work-every-body-part-in-the-same-day type of training. you'll be able to swoop up a running three-year-old without breaking pace(somebody else used this example in a different post, props to him)p.s. GO HEAVY!:bb:
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

damm
    im mainly working out to just look good
    can you, or anyone give me an example schedule?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

damm
    im mainly working out to just look good
    can you, or anyone give me an example schedule?
    Sure;
    mon;chest, inc. db press/ flat barb. press/ weighted dips/ cable crossovers

tues; back, pull-ups/ lat pulldowns/ t-bar row/ seated row

wed; legs /squats/leg press/ leg extensions/leg curls/calves

thurs;shoulders/ overhead press/ lateral raise/ front raise/ bent-over raises or reverse pec-deck(rear delts) upright rows/ shoulder shrugs

fri; arms/ barbell curls/ dumbell curls/ preacher curls/ tricep pressdowns/close-grip bench/ scull crushers/ dumbell kick-backs

Thats your basic hit every part in a week workout, lots o people follow somethimg close to this( about 80% of people in your gym, I'm guessing), what's your age/weight/height?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

Im a small guy
    130lbs
    5'5
    19age im working on bulking right now im a lean bulker, and i could eat a cow and gain a pound, ive been tryen to bulk for the past prolly 4 months where i used to be 115....
    very slow, but i think ill start gainging faster now, since i finally got a blender...

I like the routine, I am wiping my month routine away right now and forming it into what u gave me for the most part, question tho:

what are DB kickbacks?

And thanks!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Im a small guy
    130lbs
    5'5
    19age im working on bulking right now im a lean bulker, and i could eat a cow and gain a pound, ive been tryen to bulk for the past prolly 4 months where i used to be 115....
    very slow, but i think ill start gainging faster now, since i finally got a blender...

I like the routine, I am wiping my month routine away right now and forming it into what u gave me for the most part, question tho:
    do some more searching for workout routines for 18 - 20 year olds. The one timmmah posted in my humble opinion is way too much for a 19 year old to be doing, no disrespect intended to timmmah however as i don't think he was aware that you're only 19.

my only real advice to you is to learn correct form, NEVER sacrifice form for a few more lb's on the bar.

also quality training will always beat quantity training, what i'm saying is it's not how much you do it's how you do it that counts. too much = too little

make sure you have other interests or hobbies that you are into as well, please don't live bb'ing 24/7 because this is when it seems results never come fast enough as you're only think about lifing weights and gaining muscle, don't live in the gym.

real muscle takes time to develop so please be patient and remember to enjoy what you're doing.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

why is that too much?

I'm small but im pretty fit for my size, I mean i have a longgg way to go before i know as much as you guys but I got the basics down

right now im doing more than what he gave me for my monthly routine if you include my ab workouts, but what i want to do is categorize what im doing instead of it all being random most of the stuff he put on there im already doing, but now ill be able to "finally put the puzzle together" or are you saying i should just keep doing it randomly?

And i focus alot on BB, I have to im so small, im finally past most of my friends benches, and other weight exercises because they are all lazy fat asses, now I just need to gain weight and get ripped which I know takes time, but I want to know how to set up a proper workout routine.. that will work my muscles and give good def. ya kno.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

why is that too much?

I'm small but im pretty fit for my size, I mean i have a longgg way to go before i know as much as you guys but I got the basics down

right now im doing more than what he gave me for my monthly routine if you include my ab workouts, but what i want to do is categorize what im doing instead of it all being random most of the stuff he put on there im already doing, but now ill be able to "finally put the puzzle together" or are you saying i should just keep doing it randomly?

And i focus alot on BB, I have to im so small, im finally past most of my friends benches, and other weight exercises because they are all lazy fat asses, now I just need to gain weight and get ripped which I know takes time, but I want to know how to set up a proper workout routine.. that will work my muscles and give good def. ya kno.

Hera's the link;http://www.shapefit.com/triceps-exer...kickbacks.html

1. Keep eating, that's your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY in building mass. Don't go for three hours without eating some form of protein, even bread has protein, look at nutrition facts labels to find snacks high in protein( nuts, jerky, pb&j sands are good).
    2. Protein shakes. You got a blender? mix it up dude, and carry one of those blender shaker bottles with you, replace missed meals with shakes, at least 3 a day, you seen that commercial with brady quinn "don't waste your workout" ? Well it's true, your muscles are aching for replenishment after a hard workout. Pound a shake within 30 min of your last rep.
    3. Work hard. You gotta be dedicated, you can achieve this by setting goals and crushing them. What weight can you bench 10 times? And just get in the gym, be there one hour a day five days a week for a month and I guarantee the results will become addicting.
    P.S. I realize you are in a forum named after steroids, but stay away till you have aged and learned what they are all about before you even think about trying them. I cannot stress this enough; YOU DON'T NEED THEM, yet. your young body is still forming and you'll just f up your reproductive junk. Besides, you with youre young body are probably producing more growth hormone than alot of older guys who actually take the real stuff, and make no mistake, there are pills out there that are real steroids and available in your local supplement store, stay awaY FOR NOW.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

I am definitely dedicated, I'm not want of those guys that just come on here talk about working out do it once a week, or month haha then not do it like most people I know, I'm very determined to to become ripped, with size-- I will never touch steroids, never even thought about them, right now I just take, amino 3000, omega,one a day, creatine mono and nitric oxide, which I think sucks, does it even do anything?

I know I have to eat, its my biggets problem, 2 years ago I weighed 95 lbs, I ate nothing, its very hard for me to eat eat and eat, but ive gotten alot better at it..
    And I know it takes time, trust me I dont expect to wake up one morning and be huge..., and thanks for the shake thing a half hour after I do a hard workout, I'm gonna start doing that, I made my workout schedule for the next 35 days

Sunday-OFF

Moday- incline DB bench,weighted dips,decline DB bench, Ab w/o

Tuesday- Pull ups, lat pull downs, bent rowes, DB military press

Wednesday- Squats, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises

Thursday- Front/back BB military press, forearm curls, shrugs, bench press, Ab w/o

Friday- Barbell curls, hammer curls, close grip bench, concentration curls

Saturday- OFF

does it look decent? I tried making it a little more islotaed on certain parts, except obviosuly for thursday because thats my gm day, where I need a spotter...
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

I am definitely dedicated, I'm not want of those guys that just come on here talk about working out do it once a week, or month haha then not do it like most people I know, I'm very determined to to become ripped, with size-- I will never touch steroids, never even thought about them, right now I just take, amino 3000, omega,one a day, creatine mono and nitric oxide, which I think sucks, does it even do anything?

I know I have to eat, its my biggets problem, 2 years ago I weighed 95 lbs, I ate nothing, its very hard for me to eat eat and eat, but ive gotten alot better at it..
    And I know it takes time, trust me I dont expect to wake up one morning and be huge..., and thanks for the shake thing a half hour after I do a hard workout, I'm gonna start doing that, I made my workout schedule for the next 35 days

Sunday-OFF

Moday- incline DB bench,weighted dips,decline DB bench, Ab w/o

Tuesday- Pull ups, lat pull downs, bent rowes, DB military press

Wednesday- Squats, leg curls, leg extensions, calf raises

Thursday- Front/back BB military press, forearm curls, shrugs, bench press, Ab w/o

Friday- Barbell curls, hammer curls, close grip bench, concentration curls

Saturday- OFF

does it look decent? I tried making it a little more islotaed on certain parts, except obviosuly for thursday because thats my gm day, where I need a spotter...
    looks good, but....
    drop the overhead press on tues, stick it to the lats and maybe traps that day(shrugs) and on fri.... more triceps less biceps, the arm is 75% tricep, work it!
    and while you're at the gym on thurs.... hit the reverse pec deck for the rear delts, overall I can clearly see that you have put some work into this workout plan so let's get some results out of it. Good liftin bro.
    P.S. EAT!!!!!!!!!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

okay so minus the DB mil, and put in the shrugs, and ill take out the BB Curls on friday and put in scull crushers that sound good?

and what is the reverse pec deck?

Thanks fr the help , I posted a pic, of me now, I plan on doing another at the end of august, see if I make any improvement or not
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

okay so minus the DB mil, and put in the shrugs, and ill take out the BB Curls on friday and put in scull crushers that sound good?

and what is the reverse pec deck?

Thanks fr the help , I posted a pic, of me now, I plan on doing another at the end of august, see if I make any improvement or not
    Here's the link;www.free-online-health.com/reverseraisepd.htm
    where's the pick? and stay aWAY FROM NOXPLODE, YOU DONT NEED IT, MOSTLY IT'S JUST CAFFEINE, WHICH CAN SUPPRESS APPETITE, AND IF YOUR USING IT TO WAKE UP IN THE GYM, GET SOME REST INSTEAD AND GO BACK LATER.
    your workout plan looks good, you'll probably make changes as you go, every body is different, not everybody every body, get it?
    go heavy! I'm here if you have questions.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

my pics are in the pic forum, and it says "before pic" on it....
    my gym has one of those so ill be doin them
    thanks for the help hopefully I see a lil change within the next couple months =}
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%

Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    do some more searching for workout routines for 18 - 20 year olds. The one timmmah posted in my humble opinion is way too much for a 19 year old to be doing, no disrespect intended to timmmah however as i don't think he was aware that you're only 19.

my only real advice to you is to learn correct form, NEVER sacrifice form for a few more lb's on the bar.

also quality training will always beat quantity training, what i'm saying is it's not how much you do it's how you do it that counts. too much = too little

make sure you have other interests or hobbies that you are into as well, please don't live bb'ing 24/7 because this is when it seems results never come fast enough as you're only think about lifing weights and gaining muscle, don't live in the gym.

real muscle takes time to develop so please be patient and remember to enjoy what you're doing.

This is the best advice i've ever been given. Although it was not directed towards me it is great. I have been playin soccer recently, which is my passion. I kick myself in the head everytime i think of why i didn't play in college. But i'm playin it with whoever i can now and now focusing and actually like felt bad cause i felt like i wasn't focusing on lifting. But this post really helped out. Thanks b unit
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sreed11 View Post
    This is the best advice i've ever been given. Although it was not directed towards me it is great. I have been playin soccer recently, which is my passion. I kick myself in the head everytime i think of why i didn't play in college. But i'm playin it with whoever i can now and now focusing and actually like felt bad cause i felt like i wasn't focusing on lifting. But this post really helped out. Thanks b unit
    anytime

thank you too, now you're playing soccer, remember to stretch out before and after, a couple of minutes stretching will really help out.

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  131 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

The routine i have now is awesome!
    I actually feel it in the morning when i get up as to where i didnt, and the area that feels it is the area i worked not jus some random spor like before, thanks for the help!
    hopefully by end of august ill see a lil improvement
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.41%

The routine i have now is awesome!
    I actually feel it in the morning when i get up as to where i didnt, and the area that feels it is the area i worked not jus some random spor like before, thanks for the help!
    hopefully by end of august ill see a lil improvement
    Keep it up bro! eat and remember: everything must grow!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
  2. Hitting each muscle group once per week
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 05:40 PM
  3. Using IGF to Bring up One Muscle Group?
    By dsw222 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 12:57 AM
  4. muscle group combinations
    By terp067 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 11:23 PM