Workout Routine For Bulking

AFatBlindMan

Awards
Hello, I wanted to see if anyone has any good suggestions on a workout routine that would help increase bulking gains. Also any random suggestions on bulking that would be useful. I usually workout 5 days a week and sometimes 6 days a week depending on work or fatigue of muscles. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
workout routines to look into: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/95102-looking-best-5x5.html

calculate BMR and get maintenance calories, then add 500 cals. thats how many calories you need to take in to grow (i'm guessing 4000 to start with, and within a few months 4500)

diet is where its at I can't stress this enough. YOU HAVE TO EAT BIG TO GET BIG.

Fitday.com to track your calories every single day!
sleep 8-10 hours per night.

I see in your stats 6'5 190, you have a lot of growing to do and great potential to be a monster. Master the big lifts (squat, bench, deadlift), eat like a beast, and you will no doubt grow.

Read the stickies on this board, and good luck bro!

-cable

PS I think 5-6 times per week of lifting is too much. if you do one of the 5x5 programs you won't be able to get out of bed on your off days let alone think about working out lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i use an 8 day split. go to page for in the link in my log. i have made impressive strength gains and im sure size as well, havent measure though

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've found high volume programs to work the best for me when bulking up.

AFatBlindMan

Awards
Thanks Cable for the 5x5 Workout routines. I found two that I think might work for me. I was wondering though if I were to substitute the Bench Press(flat, incline, and decline) with Dumbbell Bench presses do you think this would hurt me? I dont really care much for bench pressing.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Cable for the 5x5 Workout routines. I found two that I think might work for me. I was wondering though if I were to substitute the Bench Press(flat, incline, and decline) with Dumbbell Bench presses do you think this would hurt me? I dont really care much for bench pressing.
DEF! i actualy prefer DB over BB anyday

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DEF! i actualy prefer DB over BB anyday
+1 for that. DB's work fine. go heavy, go hard.

just please don't drop the weights after your set, i've seen a guy tear something in his shoulder (i'm not a doctor i dono what it was lol) by just dropping the weights after a bench set.