Can Anyone Help Me?

tman6282

Awards
Hey im knew to this but whatever.. I'm 16 and going to be a Jr in High School... I play baseball for my high school team and this year is going to be hard to make the team. I am a catcher and usually the people who catch are big,but im on the small side. I'm about 5 foot 9...and weight 140.... I play for a summer baseball team, and I go to the gym like 5 times a week but i haven't been getting that much bigger. I take Muscle Milk shakes, and eat pretty healthy...I work out usually day 1 chest tri shoulder....day 2 bi n back...day 3 legs...day 4 rest..then the same thing again...Can anyone help me out with a better workout plan, safe supplements to take....Thanks..... here's my [email protected]...

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I also play baseball I'll take it easy on you. Here are what your going to need to do to get bigger. Follow them in order and you will succed

1.)EAT!!!! get atleast 1.5gr protein/lb of bodyweight. What type of body type are you. It will help more easily asses the rest of your dietary needs.

2.) Water. Drink atleast 1gal/day. Seems like a lot but really it isn't

3.) Train. Heres a good schedule now newbs
Mon: Chest...incline bench, flat, dips, flys
Tue: Back...pull ups, rows, chin's
Wed: Legs...squat, stiff deads, leg press, good mrnings, leg ext
Thur: SHoudlers....DB over head press, side-front-rear delt raises, shrugs
Fri: Arms...Close grip bench, press downs, DB kick backs, DB curl, BB curl, hammer curls, preacher curls
sat&sun: off

4.) Rest. Make sure your getting atleast 8 hours of sleep a night. A nap after trainning is a good idea if it fits.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hey im knew to this but whatever.. I'm 16 and going to be a Jr in High School... I play baseball for my high school team and this year is going to be hard to make the team. I am a catcher and usually the people who catch are big,but im on the small side. I'm about 5 foot 9...and weight 140.... I play for a summer baseball team, and I go to the gym like 5 times a week but i haven't been getting that much bigger. I take Muscle Milk shakes, and eat pretty healthy...I work out usually day 1 chest tri shoulder....day 2 bi n back...day 3 legs...day 4 rest..then the same thing again...Can anyone help me out with a better workout plan, safe supplements to take....Thanks..... here's my [email protected]...
There are few if any supplements truly worth taking. If you're not gaining weight you want to gain, you're not eating enough, plain and simple. Up your calories. The old 'gallon of milk a day' trick is an easy way to do that, I'd recommend upping calories within a healthy diet framework. I'd also ditch the splits and got with full body basic routines.

Monday,
Squat, Bench, Row

Wednesday
Deadlift, Clean and Press, Pull Ups or Lat Pull Downs.

Friday
Squat, Bench, Row

Good basic 5x5. But, where it comes to training, a lot of it is personal and preferential. A program/split that works for you, works for you. My concern with your current routine is that at your age you should be recovering fast enough to hit each body part at least twice a week without a problem. The more often you apply a successful stimulus to grow, the more you'll grow.

And sleep like a log.

tman6282

Awards
Thanks Distilled...My body time is slim and my metabolism is really quick...I eat as much as I can, but I'm aways hungry...

tman6282

Awards
Hey CDB...What types of foods do you suggest eating to up my calories....also with the workout plan you suggested you think I should run in between the workout days...

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
Just my 2 cents...

1. Eat
2. Stick to the compound movements
3. Go Heavy
4. Eat some more

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Your going to be a junior in HS and your a catcher? Nice! Same here.

I put on a good amount of weight by eating 4,000 calories a day. I also did it without a weight gainer or 3 protein shakes a day.

Just lift heavy and results will come. It worked for me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Distilled...My body time is slim and my metabolism is really quick...I eat as much as I can, but I'm aways hungry...
There's your problem. You are not getting in a sufficient amount of calories for growth.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hey CDB...What types of foods do you suggest eating to up my calories....also with the workout plan you suggested you think I should run in between the workout days...
Run if you want, just account for it in calories needed. You need a surplus to grow. As for foods, go with the calorie dense like potatoes for carbs, faty fish like salmon for protein and fat.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Avacodos
2% Milk
Whole Wheat Pasta
9-Grain Bread
Yogurt (without High Fructose Corn Sryup)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Beef, Chicken, Turkey and Fish

EDIT: Lots of Fruits and Veggies too!!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Here would be an example Ectomorph (your body type) diet.

Meal 1
3 eggs
Avacodos
Almonds

Meal 2 (pre-workout)
Oats
Turkey on Wheat
Banana
Milk

Meal 3 (Post-Workout)
Protein Shake
Chicken Breast
Orange
Yogurt

Meal 4
Wheat Pasta
Beef
Corn
Milk

Meal 5
Fish
Brocolli
Milk

Meal 6
Chicken Breast
Turkey on Wheat
Milk
Apple

Meal 7
Peanut Butter
Cottage Cheese
Milk
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

tman6282

Awards
Thanks for everyone's input....should i go with Distilled's workout or CDB's..or any other one's you think would work

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Do one of them for 2 months, take a week offf, and try the next one.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for everyone's input....should i go with Distilled's workout or CDB's..or any other one's you think would work
Follow previous advice on going one month for both to see which you like better and respond to better. Go to the MadCow link in my sig for more info on 5x5 and how to implement the program. It's simple and effective. I think you'd do good with a linear approach at first.