i need some really good advice!

Tyrrell2oo9

Tyrrell2oo9

Awards
I need advice on a proper warm up for days i lift and a proper cardio regime while attempting to gain size and strength.

I have currently been running one mile everyday in under 6 minutes before i lift and i think it is making me weaker and stalling my progress.

I recently lost about 10 lbs of fat that i gained while undergoing a see food diet in attempt to gain mass.

I then started eating clean and the fat came right off. So, i guess you can say i don't gain fat very easily. Only when im eating 6000-7000 calories a day of hotwings and pizza and crap, which is what i did to gain the 10 pounds of fat.

Ill attach a picture to show you where I am at now and any advice would be appreciated.

Please help me since i want to get big and become strong!

send me an instant message at TyRReLL2oo9 ... copy and paste that ... and i will show u a picture of where im at

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Don't run before your workout, as that's a good way to guarantee you won't be able to lift as much/heavy as you can. Warming up can be as simple as doing a 20-rep set with light weight for the muscle group you're about to work. For example, say I'm doing chest, I will do a set of 20 incline presses with light weight, and then I will go about my routine. You don't have to do a warm up set for each exercise, only for each muscle group. Lift HEAVY. Heavy weights and high intensity lifts are keys to gaining mass.

As far as cardio, running a sub-6-minute mile isn't exactly best for gaining size and strength. I'd actually consider that a catabolic activity. You should incorporate steady state cardio or HIIT to help preserve muscle.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Buy a book called 'the mens health hard body plan' it has alot of info on workout and diet plans and goes into detail on warmups and everything involved in a workout.

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
i usually do about 5-10 on the treadmill at about 3.5mph (not very fast at all) and may put it at a slight incline of 3-4 tops. gets the heart rate going a bit and body heat.
as for whats been said stick to 1-2 warmup sets then get at it.
i usually warmup more my first excercise for a muscle group and only do 1 really all out set with a heavy weight and incorporate rest-pause, forcedd reps, negatvies and drop sets. going all out on too many sets can lead to overtraining.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion the type of warmup should correspond to the type of training, but I have been having success with a dynamic warmup focused on upper or lower body, and then using a gradual build up on my first exercise of each muscle group. Post your training style so we can all know some more info.

Tyrrell2oo9

Tyrrell2oo9

Awards
5 days a week
s-off
m-chest
t-legs
w-off
t-back
f-shoulders
s-arms

i do abs everyday and calves with legs and traps with shoulders