I think I got it all.....just want to make sure

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I think I got it all.....just want to make sure

It seems that each time I put my diets together I always forget somthing. Thats where you guys always come in to save the day Here's this one let me know what you like/dislike/would change

Meal 1:
    1 scoop Whey Isolate
    1scoop LG protein
    50gr WMS
    -Not usually hungry 1st thing in the morning

Meal 2:
    3 whole eggs
    3egg whites
    1cup Oatmeal
    16oz Skim Milk

Meal 3:
    8oz Chicken
    1/4c. Brown Rice
    Asparagus

Meal 4:
    1-2 can(s) Tuna
    4-6 peics Ezikeal Bread
    Omega Butter

Meal 5:
    10oz 93/7 sground beef
    1/4c. Brown Rice
    Asparagus

Meal 6:
    4 whole eggs
    1 cup FF Cottage Cheese

Postworkout:
    40-50gr Whey/Casien shake
    75gr WMS

-One higher carb meal (2 or 4) will probably be pre-workout depending on work schedule.

After a 2 or 3 weeks I'll add in this
    2scoops Up your MASS
    16oz milk
    1scoop Any Whey

Once Im doing two of those a day (at about week 8 or so) I'll begin to add carbs to smaller carb meals. About week 12-14 or so I'll add in some EVOO in meals to up the cals some more.

In case your wondering Im looking to be gigantic by Oct.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

15 views and nothin .....All im looking for is a "looks solid" or a "i'd drop X and add Y"
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would add more veggies personally, but looks good.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    I would add more veggies personally, but looks good.
    Hrmm yea Im not a big fan...not because I dont like them.....I just well..... idk

I do like asparagus with some spray butter
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

I wouldn't use WMS first thing in the morning, but looks solid other than that.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I wouldn't use WMS first thing in the morning, but looks solid other than that.
    Any reasoning? If it makes more sense I'll be doing 4 new NeoVar with that WMS
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Any reasoning? If it makes more sense I'll be doing 4 new NeoVar with that WMS
    2 reasons:
    1. WMS works better with free-form AA's as opposed to peptide-bound AA's
    2. High GI carbs without a stimulus for storage (e.g. exercise) is more prone to fat storage.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.3%

That's one hell of a strict diet! don't you crave red meat? Do you have a cheat day?
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Quote Originally Posted by timmmah View Post
    That's one hell of a strict diet! don't you crave red meat? Do you have a cheat day?
    I may eat a steak every now and again. and cheat day...NO.....A cheat meal. You betcha. I'll probably have 1-2 of them a week.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.52%

It looks like you could use more healthy fats in your diet. The body needs fat to grow. I would shoot for 15% of your diet be fat. Throw in almonds and walnuts, which will also add a protein boost, not that youll need it with all the other protein youll be eating. Other than the lack of fats, it looks perfect.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant21 View Post
    It looks like you could use more healthy fats in your diet. The body needs fat to grow. I would shoot for 15% of your diet be fat. Throw in almonds and walnuts, which will also add a protein boost, not that youll need it with all the other protein youll be eating. Other than the lack of fats, it looks perfect.
    Hrmm maybe add some teaspoons of EVOO to some lower carb meals?!?!?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.52%

Hrmm maybe add some teaspoons of EVOO to some lower carb meals?!?!?
    EVOO would be a great addition, you might also try grapeseed oil, it has a much lighter flavor and can be added to pretty much anything while still providing 14g of healthy fats per serving.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.42%

Hey dH2O, nice lookin' diet. I haven't eaten red meat in prob. a good 15 yrs (PUKE-O), but other than that, lookin' swell brobro. I would personally omit whole eggs (just a cholesterol source) and replace with more whites and good fats as eggplant has suggested.

Also, I'm a huge fiber fan, so maybe get your mits on some Psyllium Husk or metamucil. I have at least one serving of that fiber/day (if not 2). Fiber does so many things and keeps your arse all grinz
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Quote Originally Posted by papapumpsd View Post
    Hey dH2O, nice lookin' diet. I haven't eaten red meat in prob. a good 15 yrs (PUKE-O), but other than that, lookin' swell brobro. I would personally omit whole eggs (just a cholesterol source) and replace with more whites and good fats as eggplant has suggested.

Also, I'm a huge fiber fan, so maybe get your mits on some Psyllium Husk or metamucil. I have at least one serving of that fiber/day (if not 2). Fiber does so many things and keeps your arse all grinz
    Ya ya ya papa I know you hate eggs and cholesterol blah blah blah.......haha j/k bro. Yea I know it is a good bit og cholesterol but I've been eating heavy on the yellows for a while now and have no cholesterol problems.....not even close. Well my HDL is a few points low so Im starting some fish oil.

I do have some milled flax seed all fiber protein and fat. I think I'll take a few TBS of that before bed....make the morning a little more "interesting" lol.

Egg plant. Im going to look into grape seed oil. Dont get me wrong I love my EVOO but yes it does give a slightly altering taste.

Im just slightly afraid of fat. I dont know why but I am. I did the keto type diets because they heavily favored low carbs and I saw good results but not as good as most people. Im a big fan of high protein. I was on the fence about it but the more diets I try the more I go back to high protein. Right now Im doing a minimum of 300gr/day some times up to 400 and Im doing awesome. Im leaning out adding strength etc.....Carbs well they make me loney :fool:
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    2 reasons:
    1. WMS works better with free-form AA's as opposed to peptide-bound AA's
    2. High GI carbs without a stimulus for storage (e.g. exercise) is more prone to fat storage.
    So you think I may be better off using some of my purple wraath (with added tryptophan) or maybe even some Amino Tabs (I have Beverly Int. stock piled)
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.38%

So you think I may be better off using some of my purple wraath (with added tryptophan) or maybe even some Amino Tabs (I have Beverly Int. stock piled)
    Yes, but I still don't recommend using WMS first thing in the morning. It is the same as using any high GI carb; they really only should be used within the training window.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.45%

I think that depends Rodja.

If you are including a healthy amount of carbs in your diet as most of us are, they should be included in every meal, including breakfast in the morning, which isn't always whole food.

Also, speaking for myself, on non training days I still take creatine mono which I believe does work better with the old carbo induced insulin shuttle I take first thing in the morning.

Add a bit of fat to reduce the potentially 'too" high GI of the carbs and your set!
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

It seems that each time I put my diets together I always forget somthing. Thats where you guys always come in to save the day Here's this one let me know what you like/dislike/would change

Meal 1:
    1 scoop Whey Isolate
    1scoop LG protein
    50gr WMS
    -Not usually hungry 1st thing in the morning

Liquid breakfast? Whey will also raise the blood glucose level...just as a carb source.

Meal 2:
    3 whole eggs
    3egg whites
    1cup Oatmeal
    16oz Skim Milk
    Love eggs. Especially if you are natural...they help synthesize hormones. Don't like the fats with a higher GI carb like oats & Milk.

Meal 3:
    8oz Chicken
    1/4c. Brown Rice
    Asparagus

Rice will raise blood glucose. Replace w/ a low GI carb such as pearl barley or lentils.

Meal 4:
    1-2 can(s) Tuna
    4-6 peics Ezikeal Bread
    Omega Butter

Too many slices of bread. 6 pieces is almost 500 calories and 90grams of carbs!

Meal 5:
    10oz 93/7 sground beef
    1/4c. Brown Rice
    Asparagus
    Again a lower GI carb source is better AND you get to eat more grams of carbs if you choose a lower GI source.

Ground beef ideally should be leaner.

Meal 6:
    4 whole eggs
    1 cup FF Cottage Cheese

Postworkout:
    40-50gr Whey/Casien shake
    75gr WMS
    This is okay. Better would be whole foods.

-One higher carb meal (2 or 4) will probably be pre-workout depending on work schedule.

After a 2 or 3 weeks I'll add in this
    2scoops Up your MASS
    16oz milk
    1scoop Any Whey

A better way to get the extra calories is to make a protein, milk, olive oil shake and drink it in the middle of the night when you get up to use the bathroom.

Once Im doing two of those a day (at about week 8 or so) I'll begin to add carbs to smaller carb meals. About week 12-14 or so I'll add in some EVOO in meals to up the cals some more.

You need to include veggies bro. Why no fruit? Blueberries and strawberries are low GI...eat some fruit!

In case your wondering Im looking to be gigantic by Oct.

Are you using an anabolic substance w/ this diet?
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.52%

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Oats and Brown rice are Low GI foods. Though lentils do provide a good dose of fiber, so that might be a good idea every now and again.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.09%

Datbtrue, so he shud scrap his whole diet
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

As datb said, fruits are amazing sources of antioxidants, anticarcinogens, trace minerals, and vitamins. I usually add in strawberries or blueberries at some point throughout the day as a primary carb source. I disagree on the oats and rice comment - I feel those are fine.

I use natural peanut butter for my mono/polyunsaturated fat source.

Quick hint:

70/30 beef can be bought for quite cheap, and made into 95/5 beef via boiling. This saves money, and arrives at a leaner beef than store bought. Combine your newly leaned beef with whole wheat pasta, a can of tomato paste, Fat Free Kraft Mozzarella cheese, parsley, oregano, and Frank's, and you have pasta and meat sauce which fits into a tightly wound macro diet!
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Quick hint:

70/30 beef can be bought for quite cheap, and made into 95/5 beef via boiling. This saves money, and arrives at a leaner beef than store bought. Combine your newly leaned beef with whole wheat pasta, a can of tomato paste, Fat Free Kraft Mozzarella cheese, parsley, oregano, and Frank's, and you have pasta and meat sauce which fits into a tightly wound macro diet!
    Great point about saving money...and good advice on the meat too!
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by harlan100 View Post
    Datbtrue, so he shud scrap his whole diet
    Hell no! DS just wanted some suggestions. He could use all or none of mine. He knows his own body better then all of us.

I am no Bobo ...but then again who is?

Just some food for thought and things that work well for ME. I'm not offended if others disagree ...I like to read what other people think as well...I learn from everyone & hope I'll always be open-minded.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oats and Brown rice are Low GI foods. Though lentils do provide a good dose of fiber, so that might be a good idea every now and again.
    No they are not really low GI ...not like Lentils and Pearl Barley which is down around 25 on the GI. My blood glucose rises higher and is more sustained with rice ...also with oats but not as much.

I like oats in the morning mixed w/ lower GI sources such as strawberries & blueberries on all of my diets except when I am getting my BF% into single digits.

My point of view is that I want minimize fat gain on a muscle building diet/protocol ...so carbs that don't make too much of an impact OR the use of physillium to reduce G Load OR the management of the use & timing of higher GI carbs serves to support my goals.

It takes more attention to detail when you get older. There is less wiggle room in the diet.
  25. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Great point about saving money...and good advice on the meat too!
    Definitely. That meal, dependent on the amount of pasta you use, obviously, is a very well balanced macro and micronutrient meal. The fat free cheese provides a low-fat, high quality protein source; whole wheat pasta has always treated me favorably in respects to adipose gain; and the sauce provides a low-calorie, nutrient rich addition.

Here is the exact method, if anybody is interested:

Beef:

Heat pan with Pam/fat free crisco/what have you for approximately 2-3 minutes on high; beef should immediately seer upon touching the iron. Upon colouring, pour enough hot water in the pan that beef is covered, let cook for approximately 60 seconds - repeat until beef strains clear.

Sauce:

Heat 1-2 cans (depending on preference) of pure tomato paste. Important note: ensure the only ingredient is tomatoes, and preferably, San Marzano tomatoes, as these give the hardy taste. Stir in a tbsp of rosemary, oregano, parsley, one entire clove of garlic, and a tbsp of Frank's, and heat on low. After approximately 5 minutes, add in one carrot, split in half - the carrot naturally lowers the PH of the sauce, making it much sweeter.

After beef has been strained to satisfaction, combine the beef with the sauce and cook on extremely low, stirring often, for 10 minutes - add pasta and enjoy!
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

Thanks for the beef idea mullet. I had never really thought of that. I am def going to try that soon. I have about 2lb of 80/20 sitting in my freezer.

Datbtrue.....
    Your input is greatly appreciated. Brown Rice is a great carb for myself. I do however like the idea of adding lentils or beans to the dishes. I have to take it easy with milk. I have a mild allergy to it so what I have in the morning is about all I can do. The liquid breakfast is because I have almost zero appetite until after I have usually been up for ~1-1.5hr. Very rarley to I wake up able to eat my whole breakfast. Even when dieting.

I had thought about adding some blueberries and have done so before and really enjoy'd it. Hrmmm......I think im going to do that Thanks again.

Oh and the ground beef is suppose to read 97/3
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%

Oh and the ground beef is suppose to read 97/3
    I've never even seen 97/3 ground beef.
  28. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    I've never even seen 97/3 ground beef.
    You can buy fat-free, bruv. It usually needs to be ordered, though.
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oats have a GI of 40.

Brown Rice has a GI of 50.

Those are medium GI foods bro.

What a silly statement you make about lentils being ok now and again for their fiber content.

Green lentils have a GI of 25.
    Pearl Barley has a GI of 25.

You don't think this matters over the long haul?

Have you ever taken blood glucose measurements at various intervals post meal to measure the effect of various glycemic loads on blood sugar? What were those readings?

I just don't understand why people make assertions that just aren't true. If you don't know than say "hey I don't know" or go look it up.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Datbtrue.....
    Your input is greatly appreciated. Brown Rice is a great carb for myself. I do however like the idea of adding lentils or beans to the dishes. I have to take it easy with milk. I have a mild allergy to it so what I have in the morning is about all I can do. The liquid breakfast is because I have almost zero appetite until after I have usually been up for ~1-1.5hr. Very rarley to I wake up able to eat my whole breakfast. Even when dieting.

I had thought about adding some blueberries and have done so before and really enjoy'd it. Hrmmm......I think im going to do that Thanks again.
    Wild Rice has a GI of 35. Lactose Free Milk at least has one of the sugars removed.

Apples, Berries, Cherries, Grapefruit, Pears...are low GI...but the Berries are the lowest and when combined with something higher GI such as oats help redice the overall GL.

Only reason I bring this up is you don't want to "bulk" and put on five to ten extra pounds of fat you didn't need to put on in the first place.

I'll shut up now...
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%

I actually just boiled up a bag of pinto beans...mashed em up...added a little franks in there. I'll add them to my current brown rice.

In fact I'll also add some FF cheese and chicken and make a mexican type meal of it.....should be tastey

Datbtrue...I was actually contenplateing (sp?) buying a bloog sugar reader a while back. If the extra money comes up I'll probably pick one up. Man talk about getting some funny stairs from the pharmacists.....I should also note I was also asking about buying pins

Similar Forum Threads

1. What would YOU like to see SNS make next?
    By NomZ in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 676
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
  2. Did TCF-1 make me fat?
    By Boatcop1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 07:12 AM
  3. If you could make your own...
    By VaughnTrue in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
  4. Want to make sure my PCT in OK