Gain Mass need some help

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  174 lbs.
    Answers

Unhappy Gain Mass need some help

Hey everyone ive been looking around the forums for some answers but i thought i would just ask directly. I im 6'0 162lbs, ive been working out for a little over 2 months now. When i started working out i was at 154 (im lanky :P). I take cytogainer and it has been helping me gain some mass. I also started hypertrop-x 4 weeks ago, it helped a lot at first but now it feels like its beginning to die down, no more tingles. After i finish it i was planning on taking something else but i dont kno wat. I was thinking about Mass FX but im not sure. All i kno is what ever i take i want it to be safe and no ph. Any suggestion would help and much appreciated.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  174 lbs.
    Answers

also wanted to ask if anyone has any workout plans they could let me kno about.
    i currently do:
    chest/legs
    biceps/tricepts
    shoulders/back
    abs everyday
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Answers

Try upping the calories maybe throw in some more protien
    make sure your getting enough rest

You could also try this routine

Day 1 - back
    Day 2 - Chest
    Day 3 - arms
    Day 4 - legs
    Day 5 - shoulders

and then add in abs
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  174 lbs.
    Answers

alright thanks kam ill give it a shot. i havent been getting much sleep lately either..i graduated so im in summer now .
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I'll give you some advice, since you are just starting out you will see your best gains at this time. I take it you are pretty young so you may have that as a great advantage. Start with the basic and save your money, I learned this the hard way. Just spend your money on quality food, lean meats, whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies, and some whey protein powder. Take in more calories than you expend. This site has a diet tracker, which I highly recommend you use to log in how much food you are getting (or the lack thereof) Start with that and hit the weights right and you'll see results.I know i'm over simplifying it but skip the supps for now brotha.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dadream View Post
    I'll give you some advice, since you are just starting out you will see your best gains at this time. I take it you are pretty young so you may have that as a great advantage. Start with the basic and save your money, I learned this the hard way. Just spend your money on quality food, lean meats, whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies, and some whey protein powder. Take in more calories than you expend. This site has a diet tracker, which I highly recommend you use to log in how much food you are getting (or the lack thereof) Start with that and hit the weights right and you'll see results.I know i'm over simplifying it but skip the supps for now brotha.

Also, learn to love deep squats if you want to gain size.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdan3290 View Post
    Hey everyone ive been looking around the forums for some answers but i thought i would just ask directly. I im 6'0 162lbs, ive been working out for a little over 2 months now. When i started working out i was at 154 (im lanky :P). I take cytogainer and it has been helping me gain some mass. I also started hypertrop-x 4 weeks ago, it helped a lot at first but now it feels like its beginning to die down, no more tingles. After i finish it i was planning on taking something else but i dont kno wat. I was thinking about Mass FX but im not sure. All i kno is what ever i take i want it to be safe and no ph. Any suggestion would help and much appreciated.
    Bigdan,

I would take dadreams advice and buy good food and EAT! a year and three months ago I was 6', 150lbs. Sound familiar? Anyway I ate and ate and squatted, and ate, and deadlifted, and ate, and now I'm sitting right at 205 lbs, and 6% body fat. You've made good gains already (8 lbs in 2 months is good if you keep that up). Just worry about your training, your diet, and save your money (supps are only about 1% of the equation unless your talking about steroids).
    Get that in order and you will keep growing.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant21 View Post
    Bigdan,

I would take dadreams advice and buy good food and EAT! a year and three months ago I was 6', 150lbs. Sound familiar? Anyway I ate and ate and squatted, and ate, and deadlifted, and ate, and now I'm sitting right at 205 lbs, and 6% body fat. You've made good gains already (8 lbs in 2 months is good if you keep that up). Just worry about your training, your diet, and save your money (supps are only about 1% of the equation unless your talking about steroids).
    Get that in order and you will keep growing.
    You've gained 55+ lbs. of LBM in 15 months?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    You've gained 55+ lbs. of LBM in 15 months?
    Yeah crazy right. Its so weird to go from the most puny guy in the gym to one of the biggest in that amount of time. My squat went from like 260 or so to 550. I think that's what caused most of my growth, and eating 6000 to 7000 cals every day. Only the last 10 or so have come from using ph. I did an epi cycle and gained 7, and right now I'm doing an mdrol cycle and have gained 3-4 already (first week; stoked!) and am hoping to add another 10 during the cycle.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdan3290 View Post
    also wanted to ask if anyone has any workout plans they could let me kno about.
    i currently do:
    chest/legs
    biceps/tricepts
    shoulders/back
    abs everyday

I would do you abs EOD or like twice a week. They are just like any other muscle in your body, they need time to recover.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah crazy right. Its so weird to go from the most puny guy in the gym to one of the biggest in that amount of time. My squat went from like 260 or so to 550. I think that's what caused most of my growth, and eating 6000 to 7000 cals every day. Only the last 10 or so have come from using ph. I did an epi cycle and gained 7, and right now I'm doing an mdrol cycle and have gained 3-4 already (first week; stoked!) and am hoping to add another 10 during the cycle.

What kind of training cycles did you use? I'm curious to know your regimen considering you mentioned 6000+ calories a day and 6% bodyfat.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    What kind of training cycles did you use? I'm curious to know your regimen considering you mentioned 6000+ calories a day and 6% bodyfat.
    I mainly used a two on one off three on one off, 8-12 rep range. In the last few months I have learned how to really ratchet up the intensity so I have only been training 2 or three times per week Mike Mentzer style. My metabolism is very fast, If I dont get 4500 I lose weight pretty quickly. I've been using forced reps and negatives alot. And I've squatted until I puked, passed out, got a bloody nose, and busted blood vessels. There is no big secret to my gains. The main things that have contributed to my rapid gains are intensity and consistency. I am never satisfied unless I have set a personal best on every exercise, every workout. I have stuck with that for every workout for the past 15 months. I think that the mental part of weightlifting is the most important, and often neglected.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

CELL TECH : ) Well I would up everything calories carbs protein fats ! ! ! Bulk bulk bulk but you can do it clean though w/o bloating up too much . Eat whole source of food instead of bunch of protein shakes . Good luck bulking up !

Muscle Milk is a good protein shake to bulk n taste awesome !

Get a good creatine e supplement along with Nitric Oxide to help build mass n size !

You can also throw in multi-vitamins too to start off .You can add alot more other supps but those should get you started !
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

I mainly used a two on one off three on one off, 8-12 rep range. In the last few months I have learned how to really ratchet up the intensity so I have only been training 2 or three times per week Mike Mentzer style. My metabolism is very fast, If I dont get 4500 I lose weight pretty quickly. I've been using forced reps and negatives alot. And I've squatted until I puked, passed out, got a bloody nose, and busted blood vessels. There is no big secret to my gains. The main things that have contributed to my rapid gains are intensity and consistency. I am never satisfied unless I have set a personal best on every exercise, every workout. I have stuck with that for every workout for the past 15 months. I think that the mental part of weightlifting is the most important, and often neglected.
    I've always wanted to throw up after squats just to know that I really gave it my all. The best I've done is collapse after 20 rep squats.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoTiV View Post
    I've always wanted to throw up after squats just to know that I really gave it my all. The best I've done is collapse after 20 rep squats.
    Super heavy sets of 6 followed by a rest pause and as many more as you can do will do the trick every time.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Super heavy sets of 6 followed by a rest pause and as many more as you can do will do the trick every time.
    i'll get the bucket ready!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. cut or gain mass
    By cuse kid in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 02:24 AM
  2. want to gain mass
    By Sonic2 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 06:14 PM
  3. would a ectomorph gain mass from GVT?
    By rustlerracer in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 08:48 AM
  4. Fat Loss and Mass Gain
    By ann1hilate in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 10:04 PM
  5. mass gain
    By cookie22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 02:00 AM