1000 extra calories

kevinm6571

kevinm6571

Awards
I need suggestions for a protein supplement so that I can consume 1000-1500 extra calories per day. During the work week it is hard to consume much more than 3000 daily and I need about 4000-4500.
Need ideas for quality protein with good results
Thanks!
Kevin

tattoopierced1

why not make your own shake.. whey protein, oats, natty pb and oils go a long way

kevinm6571

kevinm6571

Awards
That is a good idea, any ideas for the whey? Also what is natty pb?
Thanks!

tattoopierced1

whey from any board sponser or your favorite protein powder will do fine. natty pb is natural peanut butter, found at any walmart or major grocery store

p951

p951

Awards
I use Ergopharm's Mass Meal (2 scoops w/ 2 cups f.f. milk) twice a day. (Usually my 2nd and 4th meal of the day.) This will yield you 1,000 extra calories. ~55 grams protein, 45 grams carbs, and 12 grams fat per shake. Not too shabby. Just Don't use it for a Post Workout Meal. You want something with pure 100% Whey and very little fat if any for that meal.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Maybe add two glasses of skim or 1% milk with each meal?

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
why not make your own shake.. whey protein, oats, natty pb and oils go a long way
Exactly! It's so easy to blend this up in the morning and put it in a shaker bottle. The oils from the peanut butter (and MCT, flax etc.) will push the calorie content through the roof. Throw in some full cream milk and a banana and you can easily push this past 1,500 calories. If you can't drink it in one hit, split between a couple of meals :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
gallon of skim milk a day.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well if you guys are doing it then I will too. Maybe I'll even drink two gallons.

With a straw.

kamrynd

Awards
muscle juice is an easy way to get the calories
but it also does have a good share of maltodextrin

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I have recently started using a PWO weight gainer, Cyrosport Cytogainer. ~54g protein, 580 cals, 5g fat, 75g carb (mostly complex). Good stuff. It guarantees loads of nutrients FAST. I usually make my own shakes, but I need to buy a blender (recently moved), so this works great. I got the 6lb. tub. If you used milk with this weight gainer, you can really up the cals. :woohoo:

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i hate cals.... if i have once slice of pizza i pass out due to grease relapse... when i wake up i am surrounded by empty pizzza/pasta boxes... to my suprise the delivery boy is crying in the corner of my room trying to get someones attention by throwing leftover breaksticks at the window... its just not fun for anyone involved.

i guess what im trying to say is that milk makes me bloated? EGGWHITES INTERNATIONAL BABY!!

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
That is a good idea, any ideas for the whey? Also what is natty pb?
Thanks!
Weight Gainer
1/2 cup oats (ground to a powder in coffee grinder)
1-2 scoops choco whey
2 tblsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1 banana
Ice to taste (or cold water)

You can also add EV olive oil to regular protein shakes for some extra cals.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I just take milk and 2 scoops protein and cottage cheese yogurt oats and peanut butter mix it into a shake and drink it post workout... that will boost protein and cals...

PhoebeusFenix

Awards
If you dont want to mix it....optimum nutritions serious mass is 1250 calories, 53g protein, 250g carbs(mostly from maltodextrin)

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
How 'bout some brains? 'Brains, for dinner. Brains for brunch! Brains for breakfast, brains for brunch! Brains at ev'ry single meal, why can't we have some guts?'

Sorry, the OP's a misfits fan so I had to. :)

Doubravkody

Awards
My shake consists of

3 heaping spoonfuls of pb, 2 scoops of icecream,1 scoop whey protein,and 16-20oz of milk all blended taste pretty dam good, and the calories and protein are up there as well.