bulking without meat or dairy

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Does anyone have an suggestions for bulking and not having meat or dairy in the equation?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Rice and Beans, They will give you complete amino acids and a healthy dose of calories. You have to eat both though to make the complete amino profile. Try searching google for complete vegan protein. Also you may want to look into wheat germ, lot of health benefits. Is fish acceptable?

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Rather keep meat completely out of the picture. Is it possible to litteraly drink shakes and have a balanced diet used for bulking?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it is possible, but its going to be a pain in the @ss. What kind of shakes are you making? I take it eggs are also not ok for ya?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Oh than go eggs are natures perfect food. I would make these a staple of your diet then. Perfect protein, Good amount of fats, testosterone's precursor cholesterol, and digestive enzymes to break it all down. Eggs have been a bulking staple for years.
If you are looking for additional protein you may want to check out trueprotein.com . They offer soy, egg, hemp, and gemma (pea) protein powders for shakes. You can use discount code PKM142 to save 5% on your order or 10% if you order 16+ pounds.
Just make sure you get a lot of fruits and vegi's, healthy fats like olive oil and coconut oil, and protein from eggs and other sources. Like I already said though eggs are going to be your best friend for this. Good Luck man train hard and eat big.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
and if your eating eggs everyday god bless the people around you:D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look into lentils which are excellent sources of protein, fiber and nutrients. You want to get some good lentil/bean recipes.
Eggs will go a long way, and you can even do egg-protein powders, soy etc.

Good luck, and the carbs+protein in beans and lentils will go nice for a clean bulk! PS any particular reason why you're dropping meat and dairy.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Also you may want to look into wheat germ, lot of health benefits. Is fish acceptable?
i stumbled across wheat germ the other day in the supermarket, love the stuff now! use it in all my shakes and with my breakfast! yummy! Pretty cheap too!

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
I did a little research as to why I have a bulged stomach and i'm thinking it's because of dairy and meat. Just a guess. Worth a try. I know it's next to impossible to bulk without having carb and protein rich foods but figure it was worth a shot. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what makes a bulged stomach?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Excess calories

You may want to look into RPN Gut Health, it will help take away any bloat. Also do you drink alcohol at all?

porkhide

Awards
Look into buckwheat, sprulina also both are a complete protien. bulged stomach as in distented.
Try to eliminate or add one thing at a time,unless you already have, to see what one is the culprit. You might look at starches, to much suger or glutin

Ectofighter

Ectofighter

Awards
Excess calories

You may want to look into RPN Gut Health, it will help take away any bloat. Also do you drink alcohol at all?

no, drink rarely. I know sugar makes me bloat, fruit etc, makes me bloat. milk doesn't help. Just having a hard time with it.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
FYI: milk is from cow tit/s. Not sure if you're hardcore vegan-ing it (doesn't sound like it). I mention the cow knockers because that's where whey protein comes from. It's a byproduct of cheese manufacturing. And cheese has milk, and that milk is almost always from cow cans.

Keep in mind, soy proteins have a much lower absorbability (bioavailability) than animal proteins. My point: You must each ~25-35% more soy-based proteins to get the equivalent of animal proteins.

As the others have said, get your egg white gobble on. Shrimp, fish, and other seafood is great too! Good luck meng.