Need feedback on lean bulk diet :)

z06

z06

Awards
Just need some general feedback on this diet I created, lean bulking starts May 26 so I have some time to work out any problems with it. I appreciate all help and personal advice:

7:00am(breakfast)
3 Eggs
3 Egg Whites
5oz ground Turkey
1 cup mixed Veggies
2 slices Whole Wheat

9:30am(snack)
1 plain Bagel
2 tbsp Peanut Butter

12:30pm(lunch)
8oz grilled Chicken
2 cup Brown Rice
Hand full of Almonds

3:00pm (pre-w/o) 45min prior
1 cup Milk
1 cup Oats
1 tbsp Peanut Butter
1 scoop ON Whey (24g Protein)

5:30pm (post-w/o) 15min post
1 cup Water
2 scoop ON Whey (48g Protein)
28g Dextrose

6:30pm (Dinner)
12oz Cod
1 sweet potato
1 cup mixed Veggies

9:30pm(snack)
1 large salad
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Vinegar

12:00am(Bed)
2 scoop ON Whey (48g Protein)
2 cup Water

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Pretty solid overall. However I would personall change:

Swap out the plain bagel and change it to either a multi grain/ whole wheat bagel or some type of higher quality carb source. Also would add in some protein to that meal.

Swap out the dex post workout and again put in a lower GI complex carb source. I am not an advocate of high GI carbs to produce a insulin spike but if you find you respond to it then its fine. However just my .02.

The pre bed meal should contain a slower releasing protein source. Take out the whey and replace it with either a caesin powder, cottage cheese, skim milk, or similar slower releasing protein sources. You could also add some natty pb in there if you want extra calories/healthy fats pre bed.

z06

z06

Awards
Pretty solid overall. However I would personall change:

Swap out the plain bagel and change it to either a multi grain/ whole wheat bagel or some type of higher quality carb source. Also would add in some protein to that meal.

Swap out the dex post workout and again put in a lower GI complex carb source. I am not an advocate of high GI carbs to produce a insulin spike but if you find you respond to it then its fine. However just my .02.

The pre bed meal should contain a slower releasing protein source. Take out the whey and replace it with either a caesin powder, cottage cheese, skim milk, or similar slower releasing protein sources. You could also add some natty pb in there if you want extra calories/healthy fats pre bed.
thanks for the input, I just realized i put whey for bed, i meant casein ;) and ya its probably a good idea to throw some good fats in there along with some skim milk. I personally respond well to the dextrose post w/o and will keep it but thanks for your advice. Also, for the bagel part I like the whole wheat idea and will look into throwing in some extra protein. Thanks again bro.