What to do?

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
I usually slowly bulk for most of the year and do an 8 week cut during the summer. This is after doing the typical bulk a couple times and putting on too much fat. Slow is good for me. I am 21 and have been lifting 2.5 years all natural. I started this past fall at 14% and 177lbs, I am currently 190lbs at 15%, maybe a tad more. I eat clean and do no cardio (counter productive), but I live in the city so walking is a must.

I did x factor over that time period and it worked well for me. Anyways, my summer is 16 weeks long. What should I do??

OPTIONS:

#1: Cut + cardio for the first 8 weeks and lose 5lbs tops (preserve muscle), bulk on JW for the next 8 weeks.

#2: Bulk on JW the first 8 weeks (prolly end up at 16+%), Cut plus cardio the next 8 weeks.

#3: Maintain and try to recomp? My genetics aren't good enough for this being natural I think. (Endo/ecto)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is not counter productive during lbm gains contrary to popular belief. As long as you don't go overboard and keep your daily calories up to compensate it is great for overall health and maintenance of bf (I personally do 2 days or cardio while bulking on top of any sport I do during the time which is usually highly cardiovascular efficent and calorie costly.) However if your in the city I know how much your waking so you get in a good amount of cardio.

I say number 3 with diligent cardio added in.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
Jw

Throw the JW in with #3? Anyone else think differently?