Best mass gain workout plan...

axeman

axeman

Awards
Hey, I'm not seeing too much gain in the way of mass, which I realize is 80% nutrition. But, I'm trying to plan out a new workout schedule...what has work for you guys? Id be able to workout as many as 5 days a week. In order of priority:
Guns,
Pecs,
Lats,
Traps,
Legs...which i realize need to be worked regardless.

Thanks alot

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
eat your bodyweight x20 to start with on diet. make a percentage ratio split of 40protein/40carbs(complex and simple)/20fats. Space the meals out every 2.5 hours in your day.

As for the workout, it is best to build strength/mass together, i think. So you can either have a hypertrophic week and strength week alternating, or you can concentrate more on hypertrophy and have a strength day within that week.

example:
week 1 hypertrophy (10-12 reps on all exercises; use common sense in your set scheme. also, going to failure is not necessary)
week 2 strength (the classic 5x5 routine for all compound moves with something like 4x6 for all others)

continue

OR

each week do on Tue/Wed/Thu do hypertrophic, working Chest/bis, Back/tris, Shoulders/legs and then on Sat do a full-body strength routine, something of 3x5 for all compounds and 3x6 for all others.

These are TENTATIVE examples just to show you SWITCH-UPS are ok.

P.S.- if you are like a lot of people, then you probably have not enough workout variety. be inventive with sets/reps/exercises at all times.