hows my CLEAN bulk diet

warren

Awards
ok i have this also on my jw,drive and rpm log but figured not everyone will look at that and may have more reply on here.

how does tat look ? im 179lbs at 5'11 and 15%bf

i am trying to gain lean mass and limit fat gain

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
not nearly enough fruits and vegetables.
not nearly enough fats. this is a terrible setup, frankly. i would add in some lean red meat, some oil/nuts of some kind(s), and some apples/bananas/sweet potatoes/white potatoes/etc.

warren

Awards
ooops sorry mate forgot to mention that does not include any fruit or veg that i add as i found it too hard to calculate. and i do also sometimes swap the cicken for lean beef mince or steak

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Wheres the tuna!

also, go for 5 eggs a day

warren

Awards
i cant stand tuna mate lol i tried forcing it down me a wile back and brougt it all back up straigt after lol.

i do have 5 eggs? you mean 5 yolks?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
This isn't a garbage diet at all. Even if he was lacking some veggies (which he isn't since there not added) it would still be an awesome foundation. My question to you is what type of protein are you taking in for your final meal of the day? I would also recommend taking in some almonds or natty pb with the last shake of the day to help increase your healthy fat intake.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i cant stand tuna mate lol i tried forcing it down me a wile back and brougt it all back up straigt after lol.

i do have 5 eggs? you mean 5 yolks?
whole eggs :D

warren

Awards
occfan, i take in 1 type of protien , ( cant really afford to buy 2 types) its a gradual release protien but im running out and always open to suggestions for shakes

banderbe

Awards
Milk or CC before bed works fine too..

Four cups of milk, or 2.5 cups of CC..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calories seem somewhat high to me, unless you're something of a hard gainer.
I'd definitely throw a post-workout shake with dextrose and maltodextrin in (they're really cheap) and your protein powder.
More fat in that last meal to slow digestion down, or replace the milk with full fat cottage cheese.
And yeah- don't fear 5 whole eggs, the cholesterol will help maintain hormone levels.
More Fiber!
Good food choices overall man, just needs a little tinkering

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
This isn't a garbage diet at all. Even if he was lacking some veggies (which he isn't since there not added) it would still be an awesome foundation. My question to you is what type of protein are you taking in for your final meal of the day? I would also recommend taking in some almonds or natty pb with the last shake of the day to help increase your healthy fat intake.
yeah, OCC, i know now. man, i'm just such a prick when people don't eat their fruits and vegetables. i gotta stop that. it is a good diet, as he had mentioned later that he does eat his fruits/veggies. i think that it is a bit low on the fats, like you said. that's my only problem with it now. revised.

i apologize warren for my hasty comment. i gotta stop doing that. it's good. good homework/planning, m'man.

Eric.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
yeah, OCC, i know now. man, i'm just such a prick when people don't eat their fruits and vegetables. i gotta stop that. it is a good diet, as he had mentioned later that he does eat his fruits/veggies. i think that it is a bit low on the fats, like you said. that's my only problem with it now. revised.

i apologize warren for my hasty comment. i gotta stop doing that. it's good. good homework/planning, m'man.

Eric.
I hear ya. People need to eat their damn vegetables!

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
If he doesn't have fruits it's perfectly fine if you ask me, he's bulking so he needs a lot of complex carbs. Ya you could go with a few cups of broccoli in a day but really it matters if you get your calories in and the pro/carb/fat ratio is good. If he takes a multi-v that supply's him with plenty of vitamins and nutrients.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
clean diet + natural vegetables + correct amount of added vitamins = cash money. I find I respond really well when I incorporate natural sources of vitamins as opposed to just supplementing them. You can get by with just your hand but the real thing is much better ;)

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
clean diet + natural vegetables + correct amount of added vitamins = cash money. I find I respond really well when I incorporate natural sources of vitamins as opposed to just supplementing them. You can get by with just your hand but the real thing is much better ;)
To be honest OCC I used to incorporate veggies in my diet. Now I have pure complex carbs, fibers and I don't see a difference. Is it all that important? I know you get good nutrients from veggies but since I took it out I don't see a difference.. Maybe now I will put in a few greens here and there just for green conscious sake.

*Note* I don't know if V8 would be a good supplement for veggies, it's not better than the real thing but it's about 3-4 servings of veggies a day in one can.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
To be honest OCC I used to incorporate veggies in my diet. Now I have pure complex carbs, fibers and I don't see a difference. Is it all that important? I know you get good nutrients from veggies but since I took it out I don't see a difference.. Maybe now I will put in a few greens here and there just for green conscious sake.

*Note* I don't know if V8 would be a good supplement for veggies, it's not better than the real thing but it's about 3-4 servings of veggies a day in one can.
It's honestly a personal choice, but natural vegetables have shown in clinical studies to provide more health benefits from just multi-vits or pills. Also I like them for their internal cleansing/keeping everything running smoothly prorperties.

Its sort of like how we use protein powder; we all know that we should use it as a supplement and not a foundation to form ou=r daily protein intake because natural sources how things that the other doesn't. Overall I am also a big believer in using what nature has to provide to make diet.

I know people drink V-8 but I don't know how, that stuff is nasty (taste wise). I also think it has some added sugar in it but they may have nixed that. Again though people take "SUPPLEMENT" out of context. You supplement an already quality intake with supplements you don't replace them. Now don't get me wrong I know everyone won't eat vegetables and so on (for food reasons and schedule reasons) but if you can fit them in and don't I personally feel your doing your body a total injustice.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Ya I agree, that's how I viewed the situation and I know I was slacking by neglecting my veggies. I also agree that veggies cleans the body but i feel when I am bulking I need heavy calories from complex carbs like wheat bread, bagels, brown rice, oatmeal etc... When I am cutting I will probably have more veggies than oatmeal and b.rice.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I don't really use vegetables as appreciable amount of carbs, it's for the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and overall health benefits. Its natures unrivaled multi :D.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
:rofl::cheers::rofl::cheers::rofl::cheers:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I don't really use vegetables as appreciable amount of carbs, it's for the vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and overall health benefits. Its natures unrivaled multi :D.
yes. a healthy, clean burning engine that carries impurities from the rest of the system is always a good thing. wow, i equate everything to engines.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Looks good man. Good job. I'd say try and get that post workout meal a little closer to an hour after your done. It is important to get plenty of carbs and protein in your post workout meal which is what you did but why not eat maybe some brown rice, beans, and some chicken. just my opinion

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Hey warren, I'm using Optimum 100% Whey Protein, 5 Lbs, seems to work great, 24grams x 2, it was only like $45.00 from bodybuilding.com, and the have wicked fast shipping, give them a shot.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
occfan, i take in 1 type of protien , ( cant really afford to buy 2 types) its a gradual release protien but im running out and always open to suggestions for shakes
You dont need to buy a separate protein just eat some cottage cheese in your final meal as was suggested. Cottage cheese is loaded with casein protein which is a slow digesting protein. This will help your body through the night while it goes 8 hrs without food.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
I know people drink V-8 but I don't know how, that stuff is nasty (taste wise). I also think it has some added sugar in it but they may have nixed that. Again though people take "SUPPLEMENT" out of context. You supplement an already quality intake with supplements you don't replace them. Now don't get me wrong I know everyone won't eat vegetables and so on (for food reasons and schedule reasons) but if you can fit them in and don't I personally feel your doing your body a total injustice.
I agree on the V-8, I cant stand that stuff, and if you look at the lable it is loaded with sugars. I have not tried it but I did see an all natural product called Drinkables at Sam's club that is a blend of extracts from 40 different fruits and vegetables. Something like 1/2 is equal to 4 servings of fruits & veggies. It is something I may try as I can not stand the taste of cooked veggies. I eat a lot of spring mix salads, baby spinach, cucumbers, bell peppers, and brocolli but it has to be raw. Just personal preference!

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the CC, but you do need to supplement protien if you are trying to bulk up. With 1.8 grams per LB of body weight, your average 190 lb man need approx 340 grams. Lets see you would only need about 12.21 cups of cottage cheese. UMMMM that sounds fun!

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
The CC is defenitly a great source of casein, but a good whey protien contains glutamine, and BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) which all is great for muscle repair and recovery

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The CC is defenitly a great source of casein, but a good whey protien contains glutamine, and BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) which all is great for muscle repair and recovery

lol what do you think comprises whole food? Amino Acids.

Also no one would be eating 12 cups of c/c but a diverse variety of lean protein sources.

Protein powder is great for convenience, but the more whole food sources you can take in the better.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
In no way was I advocating not using whey to supplement. What I was saying is there is no sense in buying 2 different types of protein. The CC is mostly for your final meal due to the slow digestion rate. During the day if you are eating 6 meals you really dont want to eat slow digesting foods because it is going to limit your overall intake. This is why a lot of the fad diets recommend CC through out the day. If it takes a long time to digest and clear you arent going to be as hungry...
I use whey at breakfast and in pre/post work out shakes but always CC at night.
I would think even the least lactose intollerant person would have trouble with 12 cups of CC :)

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Oh I definatly agree, but I can now way eat enough to supplement me with my 340 grams! Wish I could! But hey, who doesn't like a tastey protien shake!:D

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Ah, come on dawaro, you know how fun it is to eat 12 cups

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
Oh I definatly agree, but I can now way eat enough to supplement me with my 340 grams! Wish I could! But hey, who doesn't like a tastey protien shake!:D
I know where you are coming from. I try to get 340g a day myself (2xBW). The 160g I get from the shakes really helps get there. I am not sure I could do it on food alone just because of the physical amount it would require. What I target is at least 4 whole food meals per day. I figure that way I am getting the benifits of whole foods but still have a couple that are convient.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
If you can eat whole food over protein shakes whenever you can and supplement BCAA's in your diet. Optimum 100% whey is top notch stuff but it is an isolate so it is utilized quickly in your body and is not a good source of sustainable protein over time. And the time released **** (syntha 6 or casein) is ****ing expensive.