hows my CLEAN bulk diet

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I agree with the CC, but you do need to supplement protien if you are trying to bulk up. With 1.8 grams per LB of body weight, your average 190 lb man need approx 340 grams. Lets see you would only need about 12.21 cups of cottage cheese. UMMMM that sounds fun!

2. The CC is defenitly a great source of casein, but a good whey protien contains glutamine, and BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) which all is great for muscle repair and recovery
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    The CC is defenitly a great source of casein, but a good whey protien contains glutamine, and BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) which all is great for muscle repair and recovery

lol what do you think comprises whole food? Amino Acids.

Also no one would be eating 12 cups of c/c but a diverse variety of lean protein sources.

Protein powder is great for convenience, but the more whole food sources you can take in the better.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    The CC is defenitly a great source of casein, but a good whey protien contains glutamine, and BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) which all is great for muscle repair and recovery
    In no way was I advocating not using whey to supplement. What I was saying is there is no sense in buying 2 different types of protein. The CC is mostly for your final meal due to the slow digestion rate. During the day if you are eating 6 meals you really dont want to eat slow digesting foods because it is going to limit your overall intake. This is why a lot of the fad diets recommend CC through out the day. If it takes a long time to digest and clear you arent going to be as hungry...
    I use whey at breakfast and in pre/post work out shakes but always CC at night.
    I would think even the least lactose intollerant person would have trouble with 12 cups of CC

5. Oh I definatly agree, but I can now way eat enough to supplement me with my 340 grams! Wish I could! But hey, who doesn't like a tastey protien shake!
    •   

6. Ah, come on dawaro, you know how fun it is to eat 12 cups

7. Quote Originally Posted by mathis50262 View Post
    Oh I definatly agree, but I can now way eat enough to supplement me with my 340 grams! Wish I could! But hey, who doesn't like a tastey protien shake!
    I know where you are coming from. I try to get 340g a day myself (2xBW). The 160g I get from the shakes really helps get there. I am not sure I could do it on food alone just because of the physical amount it would require. What I target is at least 4 whole food meals per day. I figure that way I am getting the benifits of whole foods but still have a couple that are convient.

8. If you can eat whole food over protein shakes whenever you can and supplement BCAA's in your diet. Optimum 100% whey is top notch stuff but it is an isolate so it is utilized quickly in your body and is not a good source of sustainable protein over time. And the time released **** (syntha 6 or casein) is ****ing expensive.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hows my clean bulk look?
    By Machwon1 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
  2. Hows my Clean Bulk Diet?
    By mathis50262 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 01:15 PM
  4. thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 03:57 AM
  5. thoughts on my new clean bulk diet (reps)
    By WEEZYFBABY in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 11:33 PM