For the poor

rhys

Awards
long time reader, first time poster. Im a student in Australia, so money doesnt flow freely for me. I have heard off personal trainers ect that skim milk powder (powdered milk) is similar to whey protien powders in some nutritional properities, cept it tastes of the faceal excrement. ive heard that its full of lactose= bad but has 30% protien= good (which the side of the box says too). do you guys think it would be a worthwhile protien supplement for weight gaining shakes as long as its with oats and a bit of peanut butter? logic says to me it would be casien. but would it be balenced? i just lost heaps of weight due to sickness and wanna get back on the bandwagon!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
not another aussie!!!

welcome aboard bro

in short

Tuna for protein
Porridge (oats) and patato's for carbs

these are cheap forms of good nutritious foods and use creatine for a supplement

i'm from NZ and i've spent time in oz living on the cheap so i know my stuff

:thumbsup:

rhys

Awards
oats and tuna i do eat but u must admit that that gets boring, and it seems im the ultimate hard gainer. i have to eat sooo much compared to other to put on anthing...so im looking for stuff i can eat/ drink fast so im not eating all day (which is wat i do now- eat every waking moment) and im still cut!

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
oats and tuna i do eat but u must admit that that gets boring, and it seems im the ultimate hard gainer. i have to eat sooo much compared to other to put on anthing...so im looking for stuff i can eat/ drink fast so im not eating all day (which is wat i do now- eat every waking moment) and im still cut!
oh well in that case - fish and chips, kfc and burgers bro

rhys

Awards
so does anyone know anthing about skim milk powder?

ACSlayer

Awards
Here is what I do:

Go buy a pound or two of ground beef at the start of each week. I buy leaner GB when I have the money, but I don't worry about it too much as most of my diet is fats/proteins (Modded Anabolic Diet). Make them all into good size patties and grill them; you can do this if you have a handy indoor griddler (ala George Foreman, Cuisinart, etc) in a matter of minutes and have about six ready made hamburgers. You can even grill them on a stovetop with a wide skillet. Cook them just short of what you would normally want to eat right away. You can seal them up in tuperware and they are good in the fridge the rest of the week. Then just microwave for 45 seconds to a minute, throw it a whole wheat bun with some condiments--bam, a minute meal with tons of quality calories. (WAY better than Mc-D's.)

ACSlayer

Awards
so does anyone know anthing about skim milk powder?
Your better just investing in cheap whey when you compare $/per grams of protein...

Plus lactose is a problem for most people, you may not even know it until you introduce something like this into your diet.